, , Sacrifice Wayfarer's Bauble: Search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wayfarer's Bauble occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Wayfarer's Bauble Discussion
1 day ago
Ajani, Strength of the Pride is an excellent card, but given that 1. if your commander gets in for damage your opponent should already be dead--and the rest are to come--and 2. if your commander has not gotten in for damage then Ajani doesn't kill anything. And then you're up a creek.
If you want a creature that'll swing for many, many points of life... look no further than Charging Tuskodon . If my math is correct, giving this beautiful Dino doublestrike and triple damage, he'll hit for 48 damage (a lot).
Love the deck, keep it up! Excited to see where it goes in the future
2 days ago
I feel your pain on the budget, I've spent almost 900$ on my main commander deck, and 400 on 2 other ones, so I'm pretty budget strapped. So I'll take a deeper look and see what budget options you could consider.
Wear / Tear is better than disenchant. Ring of Valkas is a decent cheap equipment that grants haste, though I'd consider Basilisk Collar because it's never going to be more affordable, and Trailblazer's Boots because it's essentially unblockable. Talisman of Conviction is a very good Mana rock, as well as Thought Vessel because of no maximum hand size. Zirda, the Dawnwaker is amazing with equipment. Axgard Armory and Inventors' Fair are good tutor lands, and due to your Commander's ability I'd definitely run Reliquary Tower . You're also lacking in the removal category: Swords to Plowshares , Path to Exile , Generous Gift , and Chaos Warp are solid inclusions that will stop your opponents from getting too far ahead.
Now for cuts I'd honestly do away with the worldslayer package because if you can't give your commander indestructible you're going to set yourself back just as far add everyone else. Scytheclaw is just too expensive for what you get, if you have to have that effect i would keep just Quietus Spike but in general I'd probably just look in a different direction and take both of them out. Grappling Hook is also overcosted, this is where I'd slot in Embercleave . I know you think embercleave is a bit costy, but you don't pay the equip cost when you cast it and you can do so as a combat trick. I'd likely turn away from Burnished Hart for Wayfarer's Bauble , you're only getting half the ramp but at half the investment. You might consider dropping Hyena Umbra because it's not really doing enough and On Serra's Wings because it's a 4 cost aura. Lastly I'd honestly consider cutting the godo helm because it's extremely unreliable and frankly wouldn't be the way i would go about winning. If the kaldra artifacts weren't so expensive I'd probably consider not running those too, but i get why if you're on a budget and already have them I'd definitely still run them. Oh and you should look at bolstering your creature numbers a little in case your commander gets killed too many times.
Anyways, that's my deep analysis for this deck, it's definitely focused on doing the thing, it's cmc is 2.63 which is decent but it means you should have more ramp/mana rocks at the 2 cost range. You're 75% white but has a land base that is almost 50/50 so you should think about adjusting it and when budget allows get some lands that tap for both colors. Overall wyleth is a Commander i would love to build around.
If you want to check out my Voltron deck I'll leave a link here
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 35 | 36 COMMENTS | 3347 VIEWS | IN 5 FOLDERS
5 days ago
Hey! I'm happy to share suggestions, as I've thrown out a few ideas and tried to chat about insight so far. You may want to try and isolate cards you're willing to remove - that way you can still feel like the deck is yours, while being open to prospective ideas / outside perspective ya know?
I'll try to make suggestions with budget in mind!
- Get the same effect with a higher upside and immediately get to discard a Dragon. Non-artifact so it's harder to remove. Mid and late-game card-drawing machine with an evasive Dragon.
- This Neheb is too slow and while the synergy is there, it's going to have trouble making a consistent impact. Even an ETB tapped fetch still keeps you getting the color mana you need while (statistically marginally) thinning your deck and cleaning your future draws.
- Overall, these edits reduce your cumulative curve, provide similar (if not more consistent) discard ability, and much higher ceilings for providing value. Evolving Wilds is your 2nd fetch, so you can keep improving the lands you're getting into play. Daretti lets you move through the deck quicker AND has artifact synergies if you choose to lean into that line of play. Chainer is a discard outlet and haste enabler the turn he comes down, so he's already got the same floor as Mad Prophet with the opportunity to be impactful if he stays on the board.
- Since you've enjoyed leaning heavily into the discard aspect, Temple makes a lot of sense for you to have access to a mid or late-game land to ramp a bit. With all these expensive Dragons, I'm sure you've had a turn or two with plenty of un-used mana (I have!), so this gives you a way to maximize the discard AND set yourself up to keep having access to mana!
- The five-mana CMC for a less-efficient Sneak Attack just feels heavy in this build. Adding Landscape gives you another opportunity to pull lands out of your deck and keep having colors on the battlefield - I'm sure you've noticed but the double and triple-pips of the deck can be VERY challenging at times. Being able to get two Mountains (or your two Swamps) will hugely impact your ability to play relevant spells on time. As far as getting one more haste enabler, even with Chainer already in...
- Tyrant is a win-more and a payoff card. It's a fun ambition, but in a deck chock-full of power and crazy cool Dragons, we don't need this. Instead, big Kolaghan comes down much earlier AND hastes our entire squad.
- Courser enables shenanigans and fantastic temporary Commander fun. It's effect can be much more impactful than Thundermaw Hellkite's in the long-run, and essentially acts as another reanimation spell. Thundermaw's effect is pretty narrow, while Courser's lets us go into the graveyard for a more toolbox-like approach, depending on what we've been able to get into the graveyard so far.
- This might be a little bit of personal preference, and with how many ways this deck has to kill opponents' creatures on your turn, I think it provides a great ceiling while also acting as an early-game blocker. Mana that you can do anything with is so precious in this deck, and it happens to synergize nicely with the best addition to this deck in Kaldheim...
- I personally don't think this deck needs to go wide, otherwise you'd be running more cost reduction ( Urza's Incubator , Dragonspeaker Shaman ) as well as Nesting Dragon . Big-mana decks are always going to need mana, and Goldspan makes it in spades.
- This is a different style of play, I'd just rather avoid exiling my Dragons or only getting a single use out of them...for a minimum of 8 mana and two turns. Feldon has more flexibility in coming down quicker and activating sooner. You're packing High Market and Phyrexian Tower here for sac outlets to get rid of the tokens (same as the Dragons from Zirilan realistically), but you're doing it much earlier in the game, or with mana to spare, with no downside of losing a Dragon for the rest of the game.
- Between all of the Dragon ETB damage and the removal suite available to Rakdos, you don't need more removal, I'm sure you've noticed this! Especially cost-inefficient removal. Having more reanimation effects, especially to act as a or flicker effect? There's WAY more flexibility here for how the Dragon reanimator wants to succeed. I agree that more removal is always good though! With that in mind...
- Play faster, and play with more flexibility. Command will give you options based on how the game's playing, and playing at instant-speed ensures you can be more interactive. Along that same line...
- Flexibility in usage! More than likely this will get rid of a troublesome artifact, and wouldn't you know it that some of the best graveyard hate is on artifacts! The graveyard hosing can also be key and, again, playing at instant-speed gives you more opportunities to disrupt opponents. For a high-curve deck like this, that's really important!
- Let's help Rakdos players see that Arena isn't the powerhouse everyone thinks it is! Exploration does EVERYTHING we could need - especially in your build, which has a higher concentration of Dragons, there's a greater likelihood for you to fill your graveyard quicker! Please give this a shot and let me know what you think!
Four of these cards ETB tapped and make you a turn slower, AND they're bad in the late-game since they have little utility. There's no snow synergy here to justify Coldsteel. Having more land ensures you'll hit your drops throughout the game. Wayfarer's lets you keep some ramp (I prefer Expedition Map, but one discussion at a time) while Archive has mana utility and lets you cash in when you have leftover mana. Smooth out your hands, get more consistent draws and turns, and have the ability to draw more cards.
- All of these Dragons in the yard are going to go to waste if you can't get them out onto the field! This is my favorite low-cost reanimator aside from the namesake - if you wanted to make a case for Stitch Together I wouldn't argue it. Being able to get two Dragons out, albeit tapped, ensures you can keep some board presence. It also lets you use up some of those Sneak Attack / token creations in an efficient way. I know losing some card draw feels a bit weird, and based on how the deck's built up, and from what you've described about your playstyle, it sounds like you may have an over-abundance of card-draw and not enough interaction. Hopefully this changes things!
Non-budget upgrade, and more likely to consistently come down untapped and provide the same color flexibility. If budget doesn't allow this edit, I'd say the non-budget move could be Path of Ancestry .
I do think you need to find room for one of the game-winning, mass-reanimators like Living Death or Patriarch's Bidding , or the new Kaldheim one, I'm blanking on the name. I'd take out Scourge of Kher Ridges for it to give yourself a win condition out of nowhere!
Hopefully these ideas help, or at least spark some further ideation for you to think about! If you want to chat about Bladewing in real-time over Discord or Reddit I'm on both sites as ThePillowman :)
1 week ago
I also wouldn't be playing Desert in a deck with so many color requirements, it could probably be replaced with another snow land.
Most of your colorless rocks also don't seem that great with nothing to accelerate into, I'd probably cut at least Thought Vessel , Ur-Golem's Eye , and Sisay's Ring since you have so few cards that actually require 2 or more generic mana, and extra hand size is irrelevant most games. Mind Stone would be better, but I still don't know if it would be very good anyway.
You could use many more pieces to make your combo more consistent, including but not limited to: Displace , Izzet Chronarch , Mnemonic Wall , Scrivener , and Salvager of Secrets . Maybe not all of them though.
Good luck with your boring deck! :P
2 weeks ago
FrogBoy95 I suppose it kinda depends on how budget you want to keep it. I like things like Wayfarer's Bauble , Solemn Simulacrum , and Burnished Hart to try and get extra basics out since those are pretty much always safe. Thought Vessel is another newer favorite since it's recent reprint dropped it's price dramatically. Beyond that, things like Prismatic Lens , Mind Stone , and Everflowing Chalice can be great 2 mana rocks that work pretty well in mono colored decks. Hopefully that helps!
2 weeks ago
I would change your wincon from steal effects (that have no synergy with Arcane) to Guttersnipe effects—of which there are a surprising many.
3+ mana rocks are kinda bad in my opinion, I’d cut any of those that don’t go infinite with Zirda . You can replace them with Wayfarer's Bauble , and the Talismans in your colors ( Talisman of Conviction et al.).
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hi! This looks so so cool!