Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
, , Sacrifice Wayfarer's Bauble: Search your library for a basic land card, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
soul_knightmare on N'Ghathrod, negates, and mills
3 weeks ago
Yo, looks like you are a little low on ramp and draw. I would cut Cursed Minotaur, Dauthi Horror, Nebelgast Intruder, Phantom Ninja, Thornbow Archer, and Typhoid Rats for Sol Ring, Hostile Negotiations, Arcane Signet, Night's Whisper, Wayfarer's Bauble, and Read the Bones
soul_knightmare on Wilhelt, the Rotcleaver
3 weeks ago
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling its too creature heavy as well. You should probably drop it to about 30 creatures. In their place I would add Mind Stone, Fellwar Stone, Wayfarer's Bauble, Phyrexian Arena, Distant Melody, Patriarch's Bidding, Mystic Remora, Windfall, and Hostile Negotiations to really accelerate your deck with drawing and ramping
slasherturtle on Equip Me Daddy
1 month ago
This will be long, probably.
The first thing I notice is your land base. It's pretty important for this deck to reliably get Jor out on turn 2 consistently, and you may be a bit short on lands for that. To that point, you also want to limit lands that tap for colorless or enter tapped to only the ones you absolutely need. While the lands that tap for both and enter tapped (like Alpine Meadow or Sacred Peaks) are nice for fixing, they are slow and ultimately it's up to you whether to run those or not. The biggest one that pokes out to me is Reliquary Tower. Not only does it only tap for colorless, I'm also not sure you're going to be drawing enough cards for it to be any better than a basic Plains or Mountain. I'd keep an eye out for Slayers' Stronghold and Sandstone Bridge in playtesting, depending on how often they go off they might also be worse than a basic. All in all though, land base is pretty good, you just need more. Maybe 2-3 more of each basic to get started and tweak from there.
I really like the amount of nonland cards that grab you lands you have (like Wayfarer's Bauble and Navigation Orb). They're better than Evolving Wilds and cheaper than fetch lands, but if you ever do get the chance to pack some fetches in here, I think you could take one or two of those out and replace them with some more equipment or creatures that like them. You can also never go wrong with adding a Solemn Simulacrum.
I really like almost all of your nonland cards and can think of very few cards I'd want to swap for better alternatives, but I think some are pretty safe cuts if you're trying to trim down to 100 cards.
Some of your Living Weapon cards are really expensive and don't do much other than make an equipped creature, but their cost is so high that you should already have enough to trigger Jor by the time you can even cast them. Others just feel like they won't impact the board enough to warrant a spot in the 99. The ones that stick out to me are:
Mortarpod, which takes up a 2 drop spot and conflicts with casting Jor
- Sickleslicer, which just feels a bit underwhelming
- Skinwing, which feels exceptionally steeply priced, even for an equipment that grants flying
Strandwalker, which is also very steep
There are also some cards which I think either hurt more than they help or don't do you much at all:
Prophetic Prism doesn't offer you any ramp and takes up a 2-drop spot. As someone with a 2-drop commander, you want to minimize the amount of other 2CMC cards in the deck because they get really awkward, especially in the first four turns. Turn two you're forced to choose between playing your 2-drop and your commander, and then turn 3 you have to decide between whichever you didn't choose and whatever good 3-drops you may have access to. It fucks up your whole curve.
- Shuko equips for free but basically does nothing else after that. The same is true for Leather Armor. It may or may not be worth it, up to you.
- Invulnerability may be slightly overcosted with buyback and you may be better running retroactive protection like Norn's Annex or Ghostly Prison.
- Keen-Eared Sentry may not do as much as it seems. Having Hexproof is nice and makes you feel safe, but I ran Aegis of the Gods in Azor for years and it almost never saved me from anything, not only because having hexproof isn't as strong as it seems but also because people will want to kill it very quickly if they do need to target you.
- I love the amount of repeatable combat effects in this deck, but they are worse than nothing if you don't have a board state that can take advantage of it. Some of those slots may be better used on other equipment or cards that care about them. If I were to cut any, it'd probably be Relentless Assault because it's not repeatable like Akki Battle Squad, Aurelia, and Waves of Aggression. This may also apply to Response / Resurgence since you can't fetch it with Sunforger and it's other half isn't super great.
- As wonderful as Lightning Greaves is for commander protection, it also prevents you from being able to attach any more auras or equipment to whichever creature it's attached to due to Shroud and I tend to not recommend it in Voltron decks. It's also a 2-drop. That one is just personal choice though.
- You may have one or two too many cards that reduce the cost of your artifacts. Yours are all so cheap and you may find yourself better off having something that draws you cards or cares about equipment than a card that only helps if you're trying to cast expensive artifacts. Since it's easy to kill and doesn't do much else, Starnheim Courser may at least be worth a cut, if not also Jhoira's Familiar due to mana cost alone.
- Quietus Spike and Scytheclaw have the same effect, which also isn't good enough to win the game on it's own since the damage cut happens after you deal damage, meaning you can literally never kill someone off of that trigger alone unless you leave them with exactly one life. Since Scytheclaw at least has Living Weapon, you may want to consider cutting Quietus Spike.
- Sword of Feast and Famine is good, but it isn't insane. If you don't already have one it's probably not worth spending 50 bucks on.
- The Ward you get from Amulet of Safekeeping in your Maybeboard might not be worth making all of your living weapon and Assemble the Legion tokens weaker.
- I love Assemble the Legion so much. It is one of my favorite cards in Magic. It may be my favorite enchantment period. It is also balls ass slow, expensive to cast, and doesn't synergize with your strategy. That one is up to you. I'd run it just because I like it, but it'd be the first card I cut if I needed to trim some fat.
- Mask of Immolation gives you an equipped creature, but it doesn't do much else for 2 mana. If it equipped for free it'd be different, but it's equip cost isn't cheap given how weak it's effect is. It's also a 2 drop.
- Toggo, Goblin Weaponsmith is much better when you can throw his rocks, which you don't want to do in this deck because you want to keep them attached to things for Jor - meaning you're spending three mana for a guy who gives you one equipment that does nothing a turn.
- Leonin Shikari isn't something I'd say you should take out immediately, but you should keep an eye on it during playtesting. If you find you aren't taking advantage of her ability enough, cut her and replace her with something that isn't a 2-drop.
- Wrath of God may be better than Vanquish the Horde. That's just my opinion though.
All in all, what you keep and what you cut is up to you, this is just what sticks out to me personally. The closer you get to 100, the better. If you're able to cut it down to at least 104 or 105, try just playing without 4 or 5 of the cards you aren't sure about and playtest from there, then use those 4 or 5 as your maybeboard. Also this deck is really cool and I like it a lot.
SemjonsDad on Toxrill
2 months ago
Dimir Signet, Mind Stone, Prismatic Lens, Arcane Signet, Charcoal Diamond, Coldsteel Heart, Corrupted Grafstone, Ebony Fly, Fellwar Stone, Fractured Powerstone, Guardian Idol, Liquimetal Torque, Obsidian Obelisk, Sky Diamond, Star Compass, Talisman of Dominance, Thought Vessel - Those are the viable 2 cmc mana rocks (Everflowing Chalice could also be played for 2 mana, but also scales more into the later stages due to Multikicker) Moonsnare Prototype and Springleaf Drum are 1 cmc but require a creature/artifact which you could tap to produce 1 mana. Sol Talisman and Mox Tantalite are also relative cheap in price.
For Land ramp, there arent that many options in Dimir, but here are the ones I would consider - Lantern of Revealing: 3 cmc Rock, that can ramp later Wayfarer's Bauble: The classic Dreamscape Artist: 2 CMC creature, that turns each card in your hand into Harrow Druidic Satchel: Not guarantees a land but not completely without value Navigation Orb: Bauble but slower Myriad Landscape: Land that fetches 2 Lands
Revel in Riches as an enchantment as is Black Market but that is kinda slow and comes relatively late Those are my suggestions for Ramp. Hope you find them helpful and GL with the deck :)
multimedia on Muldrotha: Budget Elemental Tribe!
2 months ago
Hey, it sucks when opponents gang up on you, Disk and Deed unfortunately have that negative effect. At least you got to see Urza eliminated before you lost :)
If playing Disk and Deed then think of everything else in your deck as expendable, doesn't matter if all your stuff dies because all opponents will too. Muldrotha gives you this flexibility and by adding totem armor effects then Muldrotha can be saved from Disk or Deed if she's enchanted before they pop.
You're slowly removing Elementals making your deck Elementals in flavor, but not much else for the tribe or game play. Risen Reef is the only reason here be Elemental tribal and while it's a good card, it's not good enough to stick to Elementals.
- Cavalier of Night, Cavalier of Gales, Cavalier of Thorns
- Risen Reef
- Mulldrifter, Foundation Breaker, Shriekmaw
These Elementals are good because for what they do there's not other better budget cards that are not an Elemental that could replace them. Playing an Elemental because it's an Elemental instead of a better budget card is not worth it when you don't have much Elemental tribal synergy. Some examples:
- Wayfarer's Bauble --> Embodiment of Spring
- Nyx Weaver --> Splinterfright
- Aether Channeler --> AEthersnipe
- Altar of Dementia --> Lord of Extinction
- Viscera Seer --> Forgotten Ancient
- Woe Strider --> Night Incarnate
Sac outlets are how you can abuse Muldrotha ability with creatures, casting the same creature from your graveyard over many turns. Sac outlets can do more for Muldrotha strategy then some Elementals.
If you're against Eldrazi Titans then consider an exile creature effect because indestructible doesn't stop it and the Titan is gone for good, doesn't ever enter the graveyard after it's removed.
These are three options, Tear is best because kicked it can exile any nonland permanent. Resculpt and Shift are only two mana to exile a creature. The drawback of your opponent getting a creature afterwards is minimal because you'll be removing something much better. Pair any of these instants with Eternal Witness for a repeatable effect with Muldrotha. Either one of these could replace Return to Nature?
Another budget way to deal with an Eldrazi Titan is to it steal from your opponent and then wreck that player with annihilator. Steal a player's Commander and keep control it until Sower is removed. Stealing Sheoldred can be nasty since reanimation is quite good with Muldrotha. Sower is better because with any sac outlet that can sac a creature you can sac your opponent's creature you stole, it dies goes back to that player's graveyard or Command Zone and then you can sac Sower to repeat with Muldrotha. Sower could replace Forgotten Ancient?
Fauna adds a creature toolbox repeatable effect that can also fuel graveyard strategies for Muldrotha. The toolbox can be helpful because you have several creatures who are much better than the others. Fuana is also good with Wonder and Brawn as creatures to discard who want to be in your graveyard. Fauna could replace Icon of Ancestry?
Really consider cutting some basic Forests for more budget dual lands that have interaction with Forests or lots of basic lands? The allied Check lands have been reprinted in latest set Dominaria Remastered, now is the best time to get them since each are down to less than $4.
Frosto on Garna, Bloodfist of Keld
2 months ago
Vindictive Vampire,Bastion of Remembrance,Falkenrath Noble,Blood Artist,Hellrider,Kardur, Doomscourgeand there is alsoImpact Tremorsas extra damage effects.Midnight Reaper,Morbid Opportunist,Skullclampas extra card draw.Legion Warboss,Siege-Gang Commander,Tilonalli's Summoner,Loyal Apprenticeas token generators.Goblin Wardriver,Ogre Battledriver,Hero of Oxid Ridge,First Day of Classas pump effects.Swiftfoot Boots,Lightning GreavesandKaya's Ghostform. Some ramp such asWayfarer's BaubleandBurnished Hart.
TempestArmor on Adeline's Army
3 months ago
Looking good! At first I was worried that you have all these lords and just a single token producer, but then I saw that you're running a few good spot protection spells. I still think it's worth running a few others, like Cathar's Call, Cemetery Protector, and Defiler of Faith. Even cards like Haunted Library can put in lots of work!
The ramp is a bit fragile, Gold Myr is a bit of a hard sell to me. Maybe Wayfarer's Bauble and/or Keeper of the Accord? Definitely could use all the card draw you can get. I have a Tocasia's Welcome lying around that might fill in the gaps!
Overall, good effort. Focus on low-complexity, basic white combat fun stuff and you'll be golden!
--Love, Paul & Jon
Arkheid on Aleléo
5 months ago
A must: Wayfarer's Bauble, Etchings of the Chosen, Baleful Strix, Coastal Piracy, Inspiring Leader.
Maybe? Solemn Simulacrum, Seal of Cleansing.
good but high mana cost: Gravitational Shift, Thalisse, Reverent Medium.
I would Remove
Winged Words cheap, not the first card to remove, but a bit weak in the long run
Hushbringer not so worth it
Shambling Suit and Shinechaser are not worth it
Bag of Holding too complicated
Workshop Elders too costly, 7 mana for a 4/4 each turn....> in this case just play Divine Visitation
|Have (4)||QuestionMarc , Azdranax , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , sachiel2nd|
|Want (12)||GravyTheBoi , Muldvarp1337 , QuestionMarc , ArtistaFeo , Stinkycheese29 , mitchman502 , Amaterasu312 , Unholylance93p , Arrzarrina , Dcbg89 , C0LDE , Jerv|