|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
, , Sacrifice Courier's Capsule: Draw two cards.
Courier's Capsule Discussion
7 months ago
Enchantments: the Theros 'Font's, the 'Seal's (multiple sets), Zendikar's landfall expeditions, Dominaria's Sagas
Creatures: Lorwyn block's 'Evoke' creatures.
I'm scratching the surface, but most of these cards are ultra-budget to the point most are probably sitting in bulk boxes amongst the friend group.
8 months ago
Well first of all, dropping my link at the bottom. But some all-stars include:
Dreamscape Artist is exceptional ramp.
Glen Elendra Archmage is... hopefully going down in price thanks to the reprint??
Plaguecrafter is a strictly better Marauder or Executioner.
Spore Frog is the best. The actual best.
AEther Barrier seriously slows down aggressive decks.
Animate Dead can hit Muldrotha from the grave.
Excavation is nice.
Font of Fortunes, also nice.
Standstill draws cards.
Unbridled Growth is basically : draw a card.
Chromatic Lantern is FOUR DOLLARS RIGHT NOW
Expedition Map is good ramp.
Perpetual Timepiece is self-mill and woo!
1 year ago
It depends on how you want to build the deck, but the good cheap cards I was looking at for Muldrotha were creatures and enchantments that have good sacrifice abilities, and spells that let you draw and discard (since discarding isn't that bad when you can play the cards from your graveyard with your commander).
So cards like Breakthrough, Windfall, Kagemaro's Clutch, Seal of Doom, Seal of Primordium, Sinister Concoction, Courier's Capsule, Executioner's Capsule, Mind Stone, Alchemist's Apprentice, Caustic Caterpillar, Fleshbag Marauder, and Merciless Executioner.
1 year ago
You are right about the Thrull Surgeon. I tend to play 2HG mostly, so I always try to find a way to strip my opponents hands of any counterspells. The biggest thing I like about the Thrull is that it can take lands too.
A reason to add Courier's Capsule would be to diversify the types in the graveyard. My list runs a lot of creatures I want to get back, so I place it being an artifact over a creature type. I guess it's up to anyone's fine tuning.
The Possessed Portal has one thing over the other lock pieces in where it prevents your opponents from finding an answer. The "each turn" and "each player" combination is especially though and requires an immediate answer, which means they need to have that in hand at that moment, or have a tutor effect available.
Traveler247, when I first started looking for cards to use with Muldrotha, the Gravetide I made the mistake of thinking certain cards could go "infinite", failing to realise you can only play one type each turn. Is your example subject to the same mistake or did you call it "infinite" for a different reason?
1 year ago
- Sidisi's Faithful I like this and might try it out at some point
- Thrull Surgeon Would be good against combo players and especially in 1v1 but this deck is more for a casual multiplayer meta so I think it lacks power here
- Courier's Capsule Costs 1 more than Mulldrifter for the same effect, but if find I need more draw Ill try it
- False Demise Cool card and definitely worth a go in this deck
- Possessed Portal I really like this and have thought about it but it would be in a more stax/sacrifice heavy deck where Id be using Smokestack, It That Betrays, Grave Pact, Tendershoot Dryad etc.
1 year ago
Hi, I have a couple of suggestions:
1 year ago
To clarify a bit Artifacts also follow the rules of colour identity. Godsend or Blinding Souleater would be legal with your commander--the former has a White color identity as a component of its mana cost, and the latter as a component of its activated ability. Contrarily Courier's Capsule and Evolution Vat would not be legal, as they do not have White colour identities.
I run Sigil of the Empty Throne in a deck that is 43% enchantments--it has been a powerful finisher in that deck, but the deck's construction is absurdly skewed toward enchantments. I am not sure it would work well in most other decks, but wanted to mention it as you wanted an angelic theme.
Paradox Engine + Isochron Scepter allows for some infinite combos if you are running a large number of mana rocks. You can use it for casting Holy Day on each opponents' turn in the early game, and eventually use to pump out infinite mana, for cards such as Entreat the Angels (which fits the angel host theme you said you wanted).
Some other cards to consider:
- Mesa Enchantress - card advantage
- Lightmine Field - strong pillowfort card, particularly against wide decks. However, if your win condition involves attacking with lots of creatures, you might want to forgo this one.
- Darksteel Mutation - removes an enemy commander without giving the opponent an option to return the target to the command zone.
- Consulate Crackdown - remove their mana rocks, and any remaining threat your opponents might be.
No data for this card yet.