At the beginning of your draw step, you may draw two additional cards. If you do, choose two cards in your hand drawn this turn. For each of those cards, pay 4 life or put the card on top of your library.
|Want (5)||rbdoei , vilocon , SnarkyMcGee , Aroralyn , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sylvan Library occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.79%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.15%
GU (Simic): 0.83%
GW (Selesnya): 1.28%
RG (Gruul): 1.26%
BRG (Jund): 1.0%
GWU (Bant): 0.8%
BUG (Sultai): 0.84%
Sylvan Library Discussion
2 days ago
Birds of Paradise, too. I feel ashamed to have forgotten this one.
Looking again, after cutting some of the higher end stuff (I'm also not huge on Acidic Slime), you could use some card draw. Runic Armasaur, Beast Whisperer, Shamanic Revelation, or the best being Sylvan Library, all would be really good.
3 days ago
4 days ago
Nice deck. Some cards I would recommend:
- Castle Garenbrig - It's quite budget and it may help you to get one extra mana.
- Nature's Lore - Similar to Farseek but it comes untapped.
- Finale of Devastation - Works as recursion, tutor and wincon .. (with enough mana).
- Dryad Arbor - Ramps with Green Sun's Zenith.
- Homeward Path - Great if you play against blue / red players.
- Guardian Project - Card Draw.
- Runic Armasaur - I would find a spot in your deck for this card since it's really crazy in competetive games.
- Sylvan Library - I know it's quite expensive, but it's the best green card draw there is ..
- Veil of Summer - Much better than Autumn's Veil
- Nature's Claim - Green competetive staple. And very budget friendly.
4 days ago
Ooh, reanimator. Some thoughts about the deck:
- You may not be playing enough lands/mana sources, even if you're not having so many mana troubles like you say, considering that your curve peaks at around CMC 3-4. I normally aim for 34 minimum. If you have access to Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, and/or Chrome Mox, I'd definitely run one or more of those. (Mox Tantalite could be a good back-up if needed.) Otherwise, maybe upping your land count to 34 or so would probably help, or throwing in things like Land Tax and Sylvan Library to help you find your land cards. (Smothering Tithe, as you said, is a great ramp spell... but you need the lands to cast it!) Other lands I could see as good additions are Murmuring Bosk and Eiganjo Castle.
- While your white is a splash, Thalia's Lancers is a fairly good tutor for your legendary stuff (and you have quite a bit of it!). In terms of tutors, I could suggest Entomb.
- Apart from the gold standard Reanimate and Animate Dead, a possibly interesting reanimation spell that might work in your deck is Living Death (and especially in a combo with Grave Pact!). You could also look into Journey to Eternity Flip, which gives you a repeatable reanimation effect (in land form!).
- For other kill spells, in your colors, Vindicate or Pernicious Deed are the ones that immediately come to mind.
6 days ago
Crucible seems clunky even with the fetchland and scapeshift.
Rishkar's Expertise - Draw
Momentous Fall - Draw in response to removal
Harmonize - Draw
Lifeblood Hydra - Draw, beater, lifegain
Lifecrafter's Bestiary - Draw
Life's Legacy - Draw
Skullclamp - Draw
Sylvan Library - Draw
Bolt Bend - Counter counterspells, redirect some removal, some card draw, some extra turns, etc.... very powerful and unexpected. Run it (especially given how your achilles heel is spot removal)
Myriad Landscape - Ramp
Ancient Tomb - Ramp
Castle Garenbrig - Ramp
Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma - Ramp, trample
Savage Ventmaw - Ramp, infinite with Aggravated Assault should you wish to go that route. Itself is just good for tempo. Always good to cast, attack, get mana, use rishkar's to draw 8 and cast a card. Seems very good
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - Super ramp (and draw)
Shaman of Forgotten Ways - Ramp, wincon
Yavimaya Hollow - Protection
Heroic Intervention - Protection
Tectonic Edge > Field of Ruin
Reliquary Tower - Utility
1 week ago
Some good ramp cards through enchantment is Utopia Sprawl and Khalni Heart Expedition. I also believe there are more enchantress type cards that you are missing to help ya draw as ya play your enchantments.
1 week ago
Cool idea for a deck. it does feel a bit confusing though, giving your opponent all these tokens without being sure you won't be the target of attacks. You are going to be dependent on cards like Crawlspace and No Mercy for your survival, which could be tricky once your friends get to know the deck.
The Karoo lands (like Golgari Rot Farm and the such) are bad here, because you are not playing Exploration or Burgeoning, so you are just bouncing lands to your hand and playing lands tapped. I would replace these with Filter Lands (Graven Cairns, Fire-Lit Thicket and Twilight Mire). I am also not a fan of Temples, you could go a long way with Myriad Landscape and some basics instead.
Decimate is not great, you need four targets when it resolves or it fizzles. I prefer Gaze of Granite that will destroy all these pesky tokens if needed.
Harmonize and Read the Bones are both single-use cards that could make way for repeat draw engines of other. I feel Rhythm of the Wild could be a great addition. Sylvan Library is auto-include for me in green; if you don't have that, maybe get a Phyrexian Arena in there.
Ring of Xathrid also looks like a low-value card that could make way to something impactful like a Steel Hellkite, again a great card to manage your opponent's tokens.
Hope this is helpful!
1 week ago
All great suggestions. I updated the primer above, check out the Problem Solvers tab. I honestly think I have enough, but a full wipe via Bane of Progress is tantalizing. Rampage of the Clans is super fun at instant speed too!
You snag any good deals from the mystery boosters? I picked up a foil Shizo... only to realize I already had one.
Im stoked for the upcoming Ikora release and green EDH reprint thing they’re doing here soon. From the sounds of it, fetch lands will be returning later this year(outside of the stupid secret lair release). Hoping to finally snag a Verdant Catacombs and Sylvan Library at some point.