At the beginning of your draw step, you may draw two additional cards. If you do, choose two cards in your hand drawn this turn. For each of those cards, pay 4 life or put the card on top of your library.
|Have (2)||, orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (4)||YouKnow , dchaffee02 , Morpho-peleides , morphling85|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sylvan Library Discussion
1 week ago
I know what you're saying. Green has lots of good card draw and finishers as well. Green has The Great Henge, Rishkar's Expertise, Seasons Past and many more great staples and many powerful cards. Green has Sylvan Library! Green is arguably the 1st best color. To exclude it based off of the reason it only has ramp to offer means you has not look hard enough at Green.
However. I agree that if it's ramp you are after there's plenty of ramp that's great outside of Green.
2 weeks ago
I do want to throw an addendum on here in regards to paper tournament rules. There is a need to keep cards drawn before Sylvan Library's trigger finishes resolving separate from the rest of the cards in your hand because of this, and even outside Competitive REL, you should check with your group before you do otherwise. On official digital platforms (MTGO, MTGA) the game will enforce the rules so you can only put back cards drawn this turn, but in paper, it's the only way to ensure the rules are being followed.
3 weeks ago
First of: The title is a bit misleading, since I assume a card like Oath of Liliana also triggers if it entered the battlefield after the planeswalker.
But does it also work in the following scenario: In my upkeep I use Alchemist's Refuge to flash in a Sylvan Library and in response to that I cast a Brainstorm. What happens now in my Draw Step if I choose to draw 2 cards off Library? Does the Library know of the cards I drew off Brainstorm (which resolved before the Library)? In other words, would I be able to choose 2 cards I drew off the Brainstorm to put back for the Sylvan Library? Which rule is applied here?
3 weeks ago
- Cutting Burgeoning for the time being, feels like a dead draw right now. If I really ramp up how many cards I have in hand then it might be worth putting back in.
- Ancient Greenwarden is another crucible than can be tutored by fierce, adding it
- Life from the Loam was added to go with Sylvan Library
From the direction this deck is going big creatures seems fun, then we can focus on how we draw a bit later
For stronger creatures we can consider Emrakul, the Promised End, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre. If I want to really win, maybe Blightsteel Colossus. Blight might drop in price soon if I wanted to get my hands on it.
Interesting tech is probably Wolfbriar Elemental, card is often forgotten about. A 4/4 creature + 6 2/2 wolves for . 16/16 for 10 and scalable. Give it haste and you have a wincon. I'm unsure how risky Concordant Crossroads will be in my area, but Akroma's Memorial is pretty safe.. if anything a removal magnet.
I don't seem to have the manabase to run Kozilek, the Great Distortion yet since it specific requires colorless. This would need to be worked on.
Given the setup I could just put in Rampaging Baloths
3 weeks ago
Profet93 Actually still in heavy prototyping. I started rebuilding the deck from scratch yesterday. Sorry in advance for the mess, putting together a bunch of the pieces again today.
I feel like my play group give me too much time to setup and there is not much in the way of heavy control around besides the occasional counter spell or Ghostly Prison. I will be honest, might even give me enough time to pull off a Helix Pinnacle.
Only reason I'm not running Mana Crypt, is I don't have one. I'm actually trying to acquire it. For the sake of building, accepted.
Genesis Wave is defiantly going into the deck
Horn of Greed Feels too powerful to cut, it's going back. You caught me in the middle of a full deck rebuild. It's not leaving :)
Deserted Temple is a good suggestion, accepted
Missed Fabled Passage! Thank you!
Ulvenwald Hydra feels good in the playground right now as a tutor for gaea's cradle or any other land I will be adding to the deck. In addition to that at any time there is a lot of flyers at my table. Tempted to keep him unless I can come to a better quick solution for flying like Whiptongue Hydra. Not sure yet honestly.
Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth will be needed, still sorting out the land base!
1 month ago
KyleWynne22 if that's the case, you could probably get away just fine with cutting the Survival of the Fittest for Sylvan Library. Of the others you mentioned, the only one of them that I'd say is most needed is the Serra's Sanctum, but then again it's price alone is more than the other three combined. Wheel of Sun and Moon is super nice, but something like Library of Leng is a really budget substitute; only real reason we run Wheel over it is because Wheel is an enchantment. Greater Auramancy just provides additional redundancy that Sterling Grove provides, and you're probably fine with most cards in the maybeboard as a substitute. Deserted Temple you could probably just throw in another basic land. Really it's only purpose is to untap Serra's Sanctum and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx.
1 month ago
Hello KyleWynne22! Thank you for the comment!
I know this is kind of a shitty answer, but I would say the cards you ask for are very situational and meta-dependent.
- Burgeoning - I will be completely honest, I do not really like this card because we only run 28 lands in the deck. The only reason I'd ever really consider it would be because it's a 1cmc enchantment. It would be a different story if we were running say, 36 lands in the deck as you're more likely to be able to make use of it.
- Karmic Justice - Another card I'm rather iffy on. The main reason I don't particularly care for it is because most of the removal in my meta is creature based, such as Swords to Plowshares, Deadly Rollick, Unsummon, or Rapid Hybridization. You might could get away with cutting Manglehorn for it, as all it does is really add redundancy to the artifact hate we already run, such as Stony Silence and Collector Ouphe.
- Smothering Tithe - The main reason I don't run this is we run a bunch of things that shut down the activated abilities of artifacts, such as Collector Ouphe, Stony Silence, Root Maze, and I'm even considering adding a Null Rod for even more redundancy. All of these do not allow the treasure tokens to be used. If you absolutely wanted to use Smothering Tithe, I'd say probably _maybe_ replace one of the aforementioned anti-artifact cards, but we generate enough mana with things like Sanctum Weaver or even Cryptolith Rite I feel as if Smothering Tithe is completely unnecessary.
- Sylvan Library - This is probably the easiest of the bunch you asked about for me to justify including. I'd cut Ground Seal, as really the only reason I run it is due to the fact it draws a card itself upon ETB. The graveyard hate is negligible, as we run Rest in Peace for that. Really only reason I don't run it is due to the fact I don't have one and can't be bothered to go track one down.
Hopefully this answered your questions! If you have any more, or need help building your list, feel free to ask!
1 month ago
I quite like cards that return perms to the hand. It can benefit me as well under the right conditions. Came across Umbilicus. Going to play test and see how it fits.
I will need to keep looking for a board wipe that I am fine cascading into. That is the draw back I have.