|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your draw step, you may draw two additional cards. If you do, choose two cards in your hand drawn this turn. For each of those cards, pay 4 life or put the card on top of your library.
|Want (9)||Micniks , avaccaro , Otakufan64 , JoeBert , EsquiloHomicida , zilikken , piytuman , Forsetyr , greenlove|
Sylvan Library Discussion
18 hours ago
Your land count seems a bit too low for Azusa to be relevant and your CMC is high, even for a Xenagos deck. You have 3 mana dorks which are ok. I would cut some of your more expensive cards, add in a land or 2 to help ensure you make your land drops.
Personally, I don't like embercleave, but if you're going to run it, run Godo, Bandit Warlord , that way he can search up the equipment and put in some SERIOUS damage.
Emrakrul - It's cast trigger seems unlikely to be used in the deck, you can't get the benefit like piper.
Worldspire Wurm - Its just a big guy that creatures more big guys, WAYYY too expensive.
Impervious Wurm and Avenger of Zendikar - Both cards do nothing on their own and there isn't too great of a chance to get these together. Both overcosted (even with convoke) and don't seem to fit into the idea of Xenagos Smash
Possibly Swiftfoot boots - Xenagos provides haste and they can just kill in response to equip trigger. Might want to consider Asceticism , Veil of Summer , Heroic Intervention , (while im naming instants) and Berserk
Theres some more cuts to be made but I'll stop at here for now.
Survival of the Fittest - Gets you whatever creature you need. Plus good synergy with Genesis. You should take genesis out if you're not putting this in. You rely on a fair amount of recursion, I used to do so in my original build as well. But recursion sucks if there isn't anything valuable to recur or if they exile your grave. As such, you should add more card draw.
Beast Whisperer - With 1/3 of ur deck as creatures, this maintain gas
Lifecrafter's Bestiary - Similar to above
Greater Good - Single BEST CARD YOU WILL EVER HAVE IN THIS DECK. IF YOU LISTEN TO ANY SUGGESTION, THIS IS 100% TOP PRIORITY!
Guardian Project - With all ur creatures, this can put in some work
Sylvan Library - Comes down early to lower ur CMC, helps top deck manipulation and card draw in a pinch
Lurking Predators - No explanation needed
What is your biggest issue when playing this deck? My meta is FILLED with spot removal so I opted for beaters with Hexproof when possible. Sucks having to pay 5+ mana for a creature just to have xenagos pump it and die to doom blade. Meanwhile the table is attacking you because you can pull out hasty threats.
Overall, I would cut more win-more cards for cards that accelerate and actually help your game plan. If you want more ideas, lmk.
Lastly, feel free to take a look at my Deck Xenabro! I arranged it through custom categories so you can see each card's function
3 days ago
Serra Avatar doubles your life when it comes down with Trostani out. Well of Lost Dreams is an amazing draw engine for this deck, I highly recommend it! Though expensive, Sylvan Library is amazing in life-gain decks like this.
5 days ago
Andrew6Gardiner: I'm super happy you love the deck, dude! :)
- Elvish Harbinger out for Natural Order
- Skullclamp out for Sylvan Library
- Band Together out for Somberwald Stag
6 days ago
Realistically I'd partner it with Hermit Druid and go for an obvious OP cEDH deck with Druid in the CZ and 4 colors to abuse it.
Outside of that easy pick, there are a few other ones that would be hilarious, such as Laboratory Maniac and just run the Tainted Pact / Demonic Consultation win or perhaps a Notion Thief in the CZ and using basically a better Leovold deck.
I mean, those three would be oppressive to the point of banning, but just imagine having any of 100 other staple powerful creatures in there, Seedborn Muse would have a million combos, think running Winter Orb and Static Orb or even Stasis while you untap your permanents every player's turn holding up for countermagic even when you tapped out the turn before!
Godo, Bandit Warlord now has all 5 colors and has the instant win in the CZ?
Urza, Lord High Artificer has access to 3 more colors? Fun!
Point is, Atarka isn't close to reasonable in terms of the busted nature of this card.
1 week ago
Wow amazing build. This is sick. Definitely a +1 from me.
I've been wanting to build this deck for a while. You've built it pretty much exactly how I planned to build mine except for some minor changes.
My only piece of advice would be more card draw. Green has several really good ones:
And that's just to name a few! I'll definitely be saving this deck to use as a guide for when I build mine.
2 weeks ago
SideBae unfortunately "as it enters" is not an ETB trigger. ETB triggers have the distinct text starting the sentence with "When", "Whenever", and "If."
Your deck seems solid but I would suggest adding in some more draw power. There are easy to mention (but expensive) cards like Rhystic Study and Sylvan Library but Yarok can enhance effects like Guardian Project and Soul of the Harvest to become very potent. There are plenty of 2-3 CmC creatures that have a draw ETBs that are worth considering as well.
Creature tutors can be even more valuable than generic tutors. I suggest including Eldritch Evolution , Neoform , Prime Speaker Vannifar , and Birthing Pod to turn your used ETB bodies into fodder to find even more creatures with ETBs.
Some of Yarok's most hidden gems are cards that simply let you do more of what you are already doing. Phantasmal Image , Temur Sabertooth , Bramble Sovereign , Progenitor Mimic , Ghostly Flicker , Repudiate / Replicate , Rite of Replication , Mimic Vat , and Crystal Shard are great examples that allow you do copy or reuse ETB effects.
Make sure you include Instant and sorceries for removal because nothing suck more than getting stuck by a Torpor Orb when all of your removal is ETB based. Krosan Grip , Force of Vigor , Return to Nature , Nature's Claim , Beast Within , etc.
2 weeks ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
3 weeks ago
This deck can draw cards to combo with the dredge trigger. Both Anvil of Bogardan and Mentor of the Meek have proven their worth. But in all honesty having more cards that do that would help this deck become more aggressive.
Tireless Tracker is a card I've considered but have never play tested with. That beings said I think I need to make room for it. The same goes for Sylvan Library . I could take Dauntless Escort out for one of those cards, not sure about the other. Maybe Masked Admirers . Do any cards seem unworthy to you?
As for Runic Armasaur it is definitely interesting, but like you said it could be a dead card. I might consider using it down the line. Now for Oakhame Adversary . This card really isn't my style. Yes you can get the value on the CMC but it won't be able to net you any cards until the following turn, if that. Still I like the suggestion.
Sylvan Library occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.79%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.15%
GU (Simic): 0.83%
GW (Selesnya): 1.28%
RG (Gruul): 1.26%
BRG (Jund): 1.0%
GWU (Bant): 0.8%
BUG (Sultai): 0.84%