Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
At the beginning of your draw step, you may draw two additional cards. If you do, choose two cards in your hand drawn this turn. For each of those cards, pay 4 life or put the card on top of your library.
6 days ago
You should find space for Sylvan Library & Preordain too! They're too good to pass up here imo, your topdeck is too important. Belt of Giant Strength & Robe of the Archmagi could be pretty strong here too.
3 weeks ago
Goldbranner, had a chance to try your strategy this past weekend and ended up winning 2/3 games mostly due to token doubler shenanigans with Parallel Lives and Anointed Procession. Ended up hitting my friend with a buffed Sanctum Weaver for 4 billion damage. Thanks for the tip! Couple questions about specific enchantments as I'm pretty new to this whole archetype:
If nobody in your pod plays blue what do you swap Carpet of Flowers out for?
Is Reconnaissance just for free attack triggers off Anikthea without dying?
Is Malakir Rebirth Flip more for the backside of the land? Kaya's Ghostform fits the enchantment theme better but lacks the surprise factor. Also if we have a Greater Auramancy up then we can't hit Anikthea with the Malakir when there's a boardwipe. That's burned me a few times when I tried to use targeted protection in response to wipes.
Have you played around with Concordant Crossroads? It seems like it could accelerate us a turn when we're popping off.
Have you tried Gravebreaker Lamia? At 5CMC it's much more than Entomb but I've brought her back with Anikthea and populated it before for a "targeted" mill/tutor which seemed more efficient than the generic mill from our other cards.
4 weeks ago
This deck is awesome! I love the flavor, and I can tell how much time you've spent thinking about card choices. Have you considered Sylvan Library? It seems like it would be a good representation of Kokiri Forest/Lost Woods/Pick-your-mystical-forest haha, as well as providing solid card advantage.
4 weeks ago
Some possible additions would be:
Flowering of the White Tree for buffing everything and giving your legendary creatures some protection.
Windbrisk Heights to help cheat out hopefully something big for doing what you're already doing.
Frontline Medic to help when you swing wide.
Boromir, Warden of the Tower to stop others from getting to cheat out spells in general.
It looks like you're also running a counters matter sub theme so maybe Opal Palace has a place too.
2 months ago
I don't see the problem with this deck. Not at all. However, I have some suggestions to make it even more "fun" for Kevin:
- The Filth and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth combo seems like a fun addition. Not only do I recommend Urborg (and, for that matter, Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth in general for decks, but this one means your creatures won't be getting blocked. (Good luck to your opponents!)
- For more things that bring friends with them, you could also think about Junji, the Midnight Sky and Priest of Fell Rites as other reanimators; I get good mileage out of them. Athreos, God of Passage is a sacrifice pay-off I've found to be quite noxious for some people to deal with, and I also quite like Yawgmoth, Thran Physician as a sacrifice outlet.
- Yosei, the Morning Star, Archon of Cruelty, Archfiend of Despair, Questing Beast, The Gitrog Monster, Thalia and The Gitrog Monster, and Kogla, the Titan Ape are nice payoff creatures I recommend. Drana and Linvala and Linvala, Keeper of Silence can also be supremely annoying for your opponents to try to deal with, which is also why I highly recommend them.
- Sylvan Library would combo extremely well with Underrealm Lich and Abundance, but it can be an expensive card cost-wise.
- If you do find your mana ramping to quite high totals, Genesis Wave is well worth considering.
- In decks like this, I still don't feel comfortable without some pinpoint removal tools. My favorites are Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking, Assassin's Trophy, and Swords to Plowshares, but this can be also dependent on your playgroup. I might also recommend the typical suite of tutors (for you, Enlightened Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent, and Expedition Map would be at the top of my list), but that's maybe less important.
- Field of the Dead is a close-to-auto-include for me in a deck like this, but don't get it just for this.
3 months ago
4 months ago
No argument from me. Sylvan Library is in a league of its own. Possibly better than blue or black card draw.