|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Players play with their hands revealed.
If a player would draw a card, he or she reveals it instead. Then any other player may pay 2 life. If a player does, put that card into its owner's graveyard. Otherwise, that player draws a card.
Zur's Weirding Discussion
1 month ago
Well, I offered a couple ideas at the top of the thread but at the time you were still trying to thin the deck down to 100. I’ll give you a bunch more ideas now:
- Rest in Peace + Energy Field or Web of Inertia. I ran this combo for quite awhile in my Zur deck till I discovered the solemnity/glen elendra/kithkin spellduster combos. After that I had to find a different immortality combo so I could have a graveyard. That led me to...
- Phyrexian Unlife + Solemnity makes it so you can’t die either. Coupled with Necropotence you can pay all your life to put most of your library in your hand in one shot. Speaking of Necropotence...
- Necropotence + Zur's Weirding is a combo that will lock your opponents down by denying them acces to their libraries. You just pay the life to make them discard every card they draw. The way you get enough life to keep paying the life is Venser's Journal. And opponents can’t force you to discard squat because of Necropotence. You aren’t actually drawing cards.
- Riptide Chimera + Second Chance: this gives you infinite turns or enough to setup what you want. Just pay your life down to less than 5 with Necropotence to start this combo. Just put second chance’s ability on the stack then return it to your hand with the chimera before it is sacrificed. I have checked with judges on this combo and according to them it does work.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Riptide Chimera stops your opponents from playing multiple spells per turn but lets you cast as many as you want during your turn. And with your Grand Abolisher opponents wont be able to do anything about it.
- Eidolon of Rhetoric or Arcane Laboratory + Jace, Unraveler of Secrets: get to Jace’s ult and opponents are screwed the rest of the game.
If you use the Enchanted Evening, Greater Auramancy, Copy Enchantment combo I mentioned at the top of this comment thread then the only thing opponents can do to stop any of the above combos is use board wipes but with Glen Elendra and Solemnity that won’t be possible. Would also be a good idea to run at least 12 counterspells to protect against anything else they might be able to do. Also use a bunch of tutors to grab combo pieces that you are unable to Zur out. Plea for Guidance is a good one since you can grab 2 in one shot. Hope these ideas help you out. Good Luck.
2 months ago
I think you mean Seal of Primordium in your "Early Game" section.
And I like that you play Zur's Weirding I think it is one of the most underrated cards in a Muldrotha list. I makes opponents control each other and realy wreaks havoc in my more casual Muldrotha list.
3 months ago
Necropotence has you skip your draw phase. Zur's Weirding says when a player draws a card. If you aren’t drawing cards your opponents can’t make you discard. You survive forcing everyone to discard all their draws by having Venser's Journal in play and keeping bout 20 or so cards in your hand so you can gain back all the life you pay forcing your opponents to discard. Basically your opponents only have their board states and what’s left in their hands to work with for the rest of the game. You eventually deck everyone this way. That’s why I went in the pillowfort direction with that deck. Cause it’s not an instant win combo. I win by playing the long game.
3 months ago
If you want to further improve the deck you would have to look at strict upgrades to everything you already have and probably also more efficient win cons that fit. Obviously it's a matter of budget unless you play online or use proxies (I'd recommend that though so you see if the idea even works well enough when you have all cards you want).
Definitely cut several lands and add more ramp: Ancient Tomb, Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Mana Crypt, Chrome Mox, Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Fellwar Stone...maybe Chromatic Lantern or Coalition Relic. That's all from low to higher prices, whatever you want to try then.
4 months ago
If you're looking for a card that has hands revealed might I suggest Seer's Vision, it's a Telepathy with the option to force a discard if you have to. If you like Windfall's effect you'll probably get a lot of value out of Whispering Madness with all your specters.
I could probably keep suggesting different discard/mill/reanimate like cards, but a thunderstorm might cut me out so I'll stop at suggesting you look at the deck I linked above, there's some pretty sweet effects in there you could consider trying out.
5 months ago
I'm glad that the Pattern of Rebirth suggestion was helpful for you. I've been working on a much more janky and combo Muldrotha deck that has dumb stuff like Mindslaver and I'm trying to fit in a Zur's Weirding to lock everyone out of draws, lol.
7 months ago
Now one question, how about Enduring Ideal, it is a repeatable tutor, that can be used to toolbox out a win.
This will shut off basically everything except Ulamogs or other eldrazi-styled effects from stopping you.
A Caustic Caterpillar or Reclamation Sage are basically the only effects that can stop you from winning after your first fetch, an ulamog or other stupid eldrazi is basically all that can stop you after your second, what you can fetch from there is Zur's Weirding and Words of Worship every turn you gain 5 life, and each opponent will slowly mill while you don't, you have to pay 6 life to do this, so you will lose 1 life per mill for each opponent. Daybreak Coronet and other such effects will allow you to buff a 1/1 you control, and swing out gaining a lot more life back, and slowing kill everyone through damage or mill.
The combo would take 6 total cards (Enduring Ideal, Dovescape, Humility, reverance/Moat, Zur's Weirding, and Words of Worship) and the whole combo is fetchable and protectable over the course of one turn cycle, 7 mana, and one tutorable card.
Sound fun? I am unsure if this deck wants this, but it could be fun.
7 months ago
It's a cool idea, but the Zur's Weirding + Axis of Mortality + Phyrexian Unlife combo doesn't actually work, since you have to pay life for Zur's Weirding, and you can't pay life that you don't have. If you threw in Form of the Dragon, you could throw it at your own face and then use Axis, but if you're at 2 or less life, you can't pay 2 life for the Zur's Weirding trigger.
Zur's Weirding occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%