|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Each opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals X land cards, then puts all cards revealed in this way into his or her graveyard. X can't be 0.
Mind Grind Discussion
1 week ago
- For Phenax, we want cards with large toughness, and cards that want to be tapped (such as Daring Thief ).
- Syr Konrad, the Grim is essential, as it's the best single mill card and has several one-card combos.
- Undead Alchemist points to a possible zombie mill theme.
- Drown in the Loch is a no-brainer.
- Mind Grind is a one-card win condition.
- Patient Rebuilding is an engine.
- Ashiok, Dream Render is a good fit.
1 month ago
Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker is Far too slow. I'd drop the Startled Awake Flips, the Traumatize s are wayyy to slow. How about Compelling Argument and Tome Scour instead. A full four Into the Story is crucial to refill your hand, and maybe a single copy of Treasure Cruise or Dig Through Time is worth it here? Fatal Push is definitely worth it here. Mind Grind is kinda weird. It doesn't tend to work as well as you think it will. Consuming Aberration is not the card for this deck. I'd add in some sweepers, maybe 3 Languish ?
1 month ago
Check my mill deck out here I think you might find some cards you'll like, like Mind Grind
1 month ago
Ok, let's go THCue!
As far as lands go, I completely agree with you. One of my (very) long term plans is to replace all slow lands with more efficient duals. I guess it'll happen over time, otherwise I'll just put in some basics instead. My main concern is that "good" duals like Watery Grave , Morphic Pool etc. are very pricy and I don't think they'll go down any time soon.
- I have a Crawlspace in my binder, I might as well try it myself. I wanted to stray from pillowforting, but it's a bit of a necessity in deck's like these after all.
- Mask of Avacyn is good protection, but doesn't grant haste. Actually, only Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves do such double function and I'm happy with them, as of now.
- Mind Grind is very powerful, but needs a lot of mana to be useful, something I'm sometimes struggling to get to. I have it in the binder, I might try it again sometime.
- Ritual of Soot is a good selective wrath, but I feel like it might not impact the board enough to be really useful, at least in my meta.
- Regarding the fact of having tapped creatures, I must tell you that it's not a problem actually. When a creature is not affected by summoning sickness anymore, you can tap it for Phenax's ability. This doesn't mean that you have to do it right away. I usually keep the creature/s untapped for the whole rotation and tap them to mill only in response at my last opponent's end step (right before the start of my next turn). This means they stay untapped for the whole rotation!
1 month ago
Extended Update. I hope this helps And I love hearing what you think, if you hate the card let me know we are all here to brew and make it great right.
Barren Moor Tapped....
Lonely Sandbar Tapped...
Reliquary Tower Not really Needed..
Temple of Deceit Tapped but... not sold on it.. Might put it in again who knows only land on the list that I simi-like
Terramorphic Expanse Bleh I hate comes in Tapped...
Evolving Wilds Bleh I hate comes in Tapped...
Field of Ruin Land Removal Just in case!
Exotic Orchard Poor mans Commander
Prismatic Vista Why not and it's fast!
Crawlspace More Protection Our guys are going to be tapped alot we don't DMG we MILL
Mask of Avacyn More Protection
Mind Grind To good to toss away
Ritual of Soot Ours are mostly high costing
2 months ago
I already have the Kozilek, but I do find that having some low mana creatures (especially since Dimensional Infiltrator has flying) is useful, as most eldrazis are already high CMC to start.
I have been trying to keep low amounts of instants and sorceries, so I probably won’t be adding more counterspells - I have 3 already.
Mind Grind while an understandable suggestion to remove, has proven to be too useful in my playgroup, and I have Ulamog's Reclaimer to recur it. It also pairs well with Oblivion Sower as a guaranteed X lands to steal.
Opinion on taking out Dominator Drone (not really useful outside of a trump blocker) and Pathrazer of Ulamog (super high CMC and rarely even gets a chance to attack if I cast it at all) for both Keening Stone (pairs perfectly with Fleet Swallower ) and Cloudstone Curio ?
2 months ago
Probably Mind Grind you cannot recur it with your commander and if one of your opponents is land heavy RNG isnt always gunna be in your favor.
3 months ago
Mind Grind occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
UB (Dimir): 1.03%