|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Merfolk vs. Goblins (DDT)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Lonely Sandbar enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
|Have (4)||Brutus1 , , shinbatsu , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (5)||futility_jp , Nuregami , __juanthebeaver27 , Dan4052 , Greidy|
Lonely Sandbar Discussion
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been playtesting for the past few days and found that Gaea's Touch wasn't doing as much as I wanted it to and that the cycling from Lonely Sandbar does a whole lot of nothing once it's in my graveyard.
1 month ago
This deck looks interesting and janky.
I also spy you have things you want in the 'yard and you run Wrenn and Six. I don't quite see why you're running Wrenn right now, but that can be easily justified.
Faithless Looting is extremely good at both of those things. The card selection and ability to filter away the lands you're recurring with Wrenn is amazing. You can also pitch things you need to pitch if need be, like a card you want to bounce back with the Arcanist.
I'd also say see if you can fit in some of the cycling lands, because they're cheap and enable Wrenn on a whole new level. Lonely Sandbar would probably be the one you want for this deck.
1 month ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
2 months ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
2 months ago
So spicy fam, what about the other cycle lands?
3 months ago
4 months ago
Nice respond time XD. Anyways I am thinking the following:
Circular Logic : Awsome, this makes you so much more dangerous to play against.
I agree with you entirely on your engine choices; since they are so vulnerable perhaps a couple of Dive Down s might be used main or side board if you think your not able to keep your engines alive long enough. I really like the survivor duo btw the more I look at them.
Drop an edict and a duress perhaps. That way you keep your disruption and removal fairly at the same level. 4 Brain Gorgers the second and third game can do terrible things. Because at worst its a no flashback edict. Best its a 4/2 for 2 slamming your opponents face. YOu want to be aggressive with this deck and this card is aggressive.
Ehhhhhh Careful Study is a poor mans Faithless Looting . Still it is a one drop discard 2 outlet. so perhaps a 2 of or one of main board? You could drop a Sign in Blood but I'm not really sure which is the right option. As to Looter il-Kor YES. A one or two of that can really help you loot through your deck. No clue what you would drop help. Perhaps one of each survivor? Thorn of the Black Rose is an EPIC draw engine and blocker.BUT WHAT TO DROP?!
I hope this helps a little but there are too many ways to tweak this deck. My suggestion is to just pick things that ENHANCE your combo through their synergy with said combo. Otherwise you are going to build a entirely new deck (which is not a bad thing.)
4 months ago
Thanks for the nice words and feedback! I'm honestly not sure what's up with Circular Logic . I tried changing the printing but it still shows as an illegal card despite it definitely being pauper legal.
I was just talking today with some people who suggested putting in some cycle lands, I wasn't sure if it mattered whether they are Barren Moor or Lonely Sandbar . I will definitely do that though. Makes them way more valuable in late game.
I had thought about Putrid Imp and Aquamoeba but both are pretty vulnerable to ping (amoeba opens up when I activate its ability) and I liked the relatively more hearty Dragoon with the evasion it gives. I settled on Oblivion Crown as the alternate/supplementary engine since it can allow Cunning Survivor and Grisly Survivor to become even more threatening while being a little more difficult to remove (at least that's my inexperienced thought).
I really like the idea of Gorgers for applying pressure but I'm just not sure what to take out for them. Maybe I don't need Duress and Divest in the sideboard, so I can move some removal (of which I have a lot) and put the Gorgers in.
I'm also wondering if I should have some way to draw. Something like the Careful Study I have in the maybe board. It's why I was also considering Looter il-Kor . I've also kicked around the idea of a Thorn of the Black Rose for the draw that comes with Monarch.
Sorry for the lengthy reply and thanks again!
Lonely Sandbar occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%