Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
As long as your devotion to green is less than five, Nylea isn't a creature.
Creature spells you cast cost less to cast.
: Reveal the top card of your library. If it's a creature card, put it into your hand. Otherwise, you may put it into your graveyard.
|Have (3)||TheAnnihilator , , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nylea, Keen-Eyed occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Nylea, Keen-Eyed Discussion
3 weeks ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
3 weeks ago
First off, I always love to hear people discuss synergies and such about the decks they cherish, please go into as much detail as you'd like on my wall!
Now. Onto the combo explanation.
The Zacama combo is definitely not one I get every game, but it's pretty explosive and hard to stop once it's rolling. My opponent kind of has to get rid of Emeria Shepherd to stop the train--and given how unthreatening it is without support, even people who know what it can do in my deck usually don't want to waste a Swords or Path on it.
If I get just Nyxbloom Ancient and Nylea, Keen-Eyed out I can usually abuse the fuck out of her ability enough to draw into the other pieces, and given those are both enchantments I can get em with any of the tutors in the deck.
Sometimes I get the combo, spin the wheel a million times, generate a bucketload of mana... and whiff on getting another piece I need to win and have to settle for gaining some life and killing some shit with Zacama.
And sometimes I don't get the combo at all. As you guessed, a lot of the time I don't. It's not that I never win those games, or even usually don't--but they're a little less reliable. I do have the backup plans of
A. using Kodama of the East Tree and one of my guys that draws cards when things enter to (as I put it so elegantly in my primer, "spam permanents")
B. hit a billion landfall triggers with Moraug and Pathbreaker Ibex in play. Those happen just as frequently as the Zacombo... but they're a little more fragile and less fun to talk about. I should totally update my "How we win" section to include more about the other wincons, it totally does seem like I mainly use the Zacama loop.
I win about 58% of the time with this deck (my playgroup is very balanced)--unless I get the Zacemeria synergy, in which case the number rises to about 70%. TBH, I usually don't ever end up playing out the entire turn when I get it, it would take about 15 minutes on average if I did, but given the efficacy of the (I'm running out of synonyms for "combo" here) wincon I wouldn't say that I'm missing out on a whole lot of games where I would lose if I played it out.
Thanks for reading my primer and asking such a great question! I do love this deck with a passion, you can tell by my million-page long answer ;)
3 weeks ago
First off. I would consider using Jodah, Archmage Eternal as the commander for this deck. If you’re set on using Morophon I’ll make these suggestions:
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma
- Conduit of Ruin
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed
- Thryx, the Sudden Storm
- Marauding Raptor
- Umori, the Collector
- Ugin, the Ineffable
- Cloud Key
- Herald's Horn
- Semblance Anvil
Those suggestions will help get your big fatties into play faster if you haven’t been able to get Jodah or fist of the suns into play. Now onto your mana base. I would consider adding these lands:
If you do use any of these possible additions and if you want any help figuring out what to remove just let me know.
1 month ago
Two new cards have been added to this deck:
The last set we decided being legal in our playgroup will be 'Theros Beyond Death'. Any suggestion untill 'Theros Beyond Death' is more than welcome. See the reason in the deck description.
1 month ago
I have a few opinions to share
controversial opinions Show
other opinions Show
I'd love to see a primer, but I know how hard they can be. My suggestion is just take it slow, update it only once and a while when the fancy strikes, and have a good time. Love the deck
Also this page kind of destroyed my computer... intense code you have here
1 month ago
The last set we decided being legal in our playgroup will be 'Theros Beyond Death'.
Courser of Kruphix has been taken out of the deck. I did not like that my opponents saw each draw I made.
Added: Nylea, Keen-Eyed. What a powerhouse for this creature heavy deck!
3 months ago
Might want to look into adding these cards for combat step potency. Berserkers' Onslaught, Aggravated Assault, Domri, Anarch of Bolas, Savage Ventmaw, Rampaging Baloths, Skarrgan Hellkite, End-Raze Forerunners, terrastodon, Kogla, the Titan Ape, Scourge of the Throne
And these cards for card-draw and mana ramp Beast Whisperer, Garruk's Uprising, Castle Garenbrig, Llanowar Elves, Temple of Abandon, Gruul Turf, Sheltered Thicket, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Return of the Wildspeaker, Elvish Mystic, Hunter's Insight, Ilysian Caryatid, Guardian Project, Bonders' Enclave, Nylea, Keen-Eyed,Lifecrafter's Bestiary
And the cuts I were thinking of could be Vivien, Champion of the Wilds, Spearbreaker Behemoth, Giant Adephage, Spidersilk Armor, Mistcutter Hydra, Shifting Ceratops, Sunder Shaman, Voracious Hydra, Rhonas's Monument, Blood Mist
This are just my first initial thoughts on the deck.