|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Spirit
Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay . If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)
Whenever you tap a swamp for mana, you may add to your mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces).
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (40)||tragic_slip , JamesArget , ZombieFood , cburns , Nemesis , DarkMagician , Rez09 , mentor6 , Famicomania , frederiklw , jaustinhowald , Unlife , ironax , Lucretian , tahavin , Supremespeed , The_Munchkin , , MyTotoro , vishnarg , mziter501 , DudeMan1031 , NCN946 , Myllyes314 , sonnet666 , mazrimtaim , , LPrats , philktoken8998 , VoidCaster113 , Dyobsemaj , rockleemyhero , hardhitta71194 , zachi , Vasbear1 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , TheRealPeaches , jstn.mrrtt , clayperce , Justinaut|
|Want (5)||Turtlelover73 , Desol4tion , georgehades , brennie , Oloro_Magic|
Crypt Ghast Discussion
1 day ago
Personally, I would take out Crypt Ghast because you have only 8 Swamps in the deck. I was thinking maybe Butcher of Malakir which I think is good for a sacrifice creature deck. Black Market is also a good card.
1 day ago
You can't use Crypt Ghast because it has white in it's identity
on Oloro Stuff
3 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
3 days ago
I'd ditch Sidisi, Undead Vizier. You don't have too many throwaway creatures you'd want to exploit, which a lot of the time will mean she's a five-mana Diabolic Tutor. You already have tons of tutoring anyway, so I don't think you'll miss her.
6 days ago
Tap lands like Dismal Backwater or Jwar Isle Refuge can go. Here's some lands you don't have listed that are good in my opinion Sunken Hollow, Watery Grave, Tainted Isle, Sunken Ruins and Ash Barrens.
Dreamborn Muse, Riddlekeeper, Oblivion Sower can be good if you're exiling stuff, Manic Scribe, Crypt Ghast, Mortivore maybe?, Guiltfeeder, Nighthowler, Eater of the Dead, King Macar, the Gold-Cursed, Thousand-Year Elixir, Wight of Precinct Six, Consecrated Sphinx, Arcane Denial, Mirage Mirror can be secretly good, Stolen Goods, Praetor's Grasp and Dream Fracture.
I feel like the defender route can be... alright but with dimir you might as well just have good useful creatures that so happen to have decent toughness... also I feel like Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, Oona, Queen of the Fae, Thunder Wall, Wall of Spears, Reinforced Bulwark, and Psychic Membrane are either don't fit or you can find something better.
6 days ago
The black is in the reminder text so it doesn't contribute to color identity. Whoever called you out is wrong. Crypt Ghast is one of the most common cards in mono black decks and has the same white/black cost in the reminder text.
1 week ago
Hi! Some thoughts:
Hope some of that helps!
1 week ago
Okay- lets get you set up.
Your commander is cool, and his main thing going for him is providing constant removal. His main downside is his mana cost and the fact that he costs 9 mana the second time you cast him. Personally I would use Vona, Butcher of Magan to have better removal and a lower cost. Don't worry about her life loss- you start at 40 and have the two best colors for lifegain.
You're creatures look really good, but I would use only vampires, (although leave Crypt Ghast in because he's awesome, and only keep Ulamog in there if you have mill in your playgroup). Other than that, throw out the non vamp creatures (should be 2 of them) and add in Sanctum Seeker and Necropolis Regent.
You do have some weaker vampires that could use some tweaking. Dark Impostor and Falkenrath Noble are fun, but require too much effort to really impact the board. Thief of Blood can also mess up your board. I would replace these with Liliana of the Dark Realms, Sorin, Solemn Visitor, and Sorin, Grim Nemesis.
One of the advantages of playing Black White is your access to enchantments. You're missing a few staples, including Exquisite Blood (To go infinite with Sanguine Bond), Phyrexian Arena, and Axis of Mortality goes very very well with Vona. I would get rid of some boardwipes to make room. Can't forget the classic Ghostly Prison as well.
Your removal is powerful, but much too expensive. I would take out Iona's Judgment, Grisly Spectacle, Pillory of the Sleepless and Mindcrank to make room for Path to Exile, Anguished Unmaking, Vindicate and Unmake.
If you find that the loss of life is too much, I would take out Trepanation Blade and Oversold Cemetery and Anowon, the Ruin Sage to fit in Sanguine Sacrament, Debt to the Deathless, and Boon Reflection
For your mana base, watch the video linked and follow his instruction. Tolarian is one of the best mtg sources available. Click here
Hope this helps, good luck!