Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Anara, Wolvid Familiar
Legendary Creature — Wolf Beast
As long as it's your turn, commanders you control have indestructible. (Effects that say "destroy" don't destroy them. A creature with indestructible can't be destroyed by damage.)
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.)
Recommendations View more recommendations
2 months ago
I'd definitely add Ulvenwald Oddity
Flip -> 2 hasty 4/4 creatures that can also give haste to all your birds and beasts in the late game.
Indrik Stomphowler is a little overpriced but your deck lacks removal spells so I think this could work here.
Consider Anara, Wolvid Familiar and Esior, Wardwing Familiar. They are legenday so Tawnos won't copy them but they are reasonably costed and provide protection for your commander.
The last thing that I'd change is your ramp. You're in simic -> colour that has the best ramp in the game. I would cut all mana producing artifacts and instead play cards that put more lands onto the battlefield like Rampant Growth, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Skyshroud Claim, Explore, Growth Spiral, Joint Exploration or Broken Bond.
If you cut all the mana rocks for land ramp you can also run the new card Fade from History.
3 months ago
How will you enable Erinis to attack without getting murdered by a 4/4? Or four 1/1's? Anara, Wolvid Familiar, Vigor, Alpha Authority, Regeneration, Broken Fall, Rogue's Passage and things like these might help. (I see the Saddle there, thats a good choice).
4 months ago
Hey, for being new to Magic well done upgrading the precon on a budget having a good amount of cards in each area of deck building (lands, ramp, draw, removal).
What makes Vrondiss, Rage of Ancients a scary Commander is when he has indestructible. Then he can take an infinite amount of damage and each instance of damage he takes creates a Dragon.
- Anara, Wolvid Familiar
- Roar of Challenge
- Tamiyo's Safekeeping
- Withstand Death
- You Look Upon the Tarrasque
- Tyrite Sanctum
Anara, Wolvid Familiar is a budget repeatable source of indestructible for Vronn as long as it's your turn. Roar of Challenge and You Look Upon the Tarrasque forces all defending player's creatures to block Vronn who's indestructible. Each creature who blocks does damage to Vronn which is one instance of damage to create a Dragon. This effect creates Dragons equal to the number of creatures who an opponent controls who blocked. Tamiyo's Safekeeping can also protect Vronn from targeted opponent's removal with hexproof.
If Vronn is indestructible then there's a wincon combo here to create infinite Dragons which is infinite damage to each opponent.
When Vronn creates a Dragon then Scourge does damage to an opponent, then Tempest/Outpost/Surge/Ancients does damage to Vronn or vice versa and repeat.
Some budget lands to consider replacing some basic lands:
Good luck with your deck.
8 months ago
Tokezu, Frontline Shinobi
Legendary Creature - Human Ninja
Other commanders you control have Myriad. If you would sacrifice another commander due to the Legend rule, you may instead return it to your hand. It gains Ninjutsu until end of turn, and its Ninjutsu cost is equal to its mana value.
3 / 3
The schenanegans you can get up to with this card... here's the idea: Your other commander attacks Player A, along with one or two non-legendary creatures, for instance. Maybe you also have a non-legend attacking Player B. That commander becomes Myriad, which means you make token copies of it that attack all players. Legend rule means you sacrifice two of them, so if you sac the nontoken one (attacking player A) and the one attacking player B, you now have your other commander as a token attacking player C, with the original commander now in your hand with Ninjutsu = its mana value. You now can threaten to put it back onto the battlefield with its newfound Ninjustu ability, replacing any of your attacking creatures, so it can come in and surprise damage any player. You get extra mileage from its ETB effect, or guarantee a trigger from a damaging a player. Or you can wait until the token damages a player, and then Ninjutsu it in after damage, before the token goes away. The point is, you gain so much ninja unpredictability, and it really lends itself to commander damage-focused partners.
10 months ago
Card Suggestions: (in no particular order)
11 months ago
Some fun pairings:
- Anara, Wolvid Familiar to give them both melee, vigilance and indestructible on your turn. In Naya, there are a lot of ways to make this very useful.
- Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder because of the double strike and lifelink, the melee is going to net you a huge return. A 4/4 Renegh, when you attack all three opponents, becomes a 7/7. That's 14 combat damage and 14 life. And with vigilance, there is no reason to not attack at all times.
- Esior, Wardwing Familiar will make it harder to interact with your two Commanders. This gives you great protection while offering you solid combat in both the attacking and blocking phases. All around, great flexibility within Jeskai.
- Falthis, Shadowcat Familiar will allow you to apply the pressure only in the way Mardu can.
- Kamahl, Heart of Krosa is a bit costly, but the benefits are pretty huge. A 4/4 Renegh becomes a 7/7 with melee and a further 10/10 with Kamahl. With the trample and vigilance, you can easily knock an opponent out of the game quickly. Realizing that Kamahl also would benefit from the melee, vigilance, +3/+3 and trample, you'd be looking at a 5/5 into an 8/8 into an 11/11. So you'd be swinging with a 10/10 and an 11/11. Now yes, it is true that each of these Commanders track their own damage separately, but realize this is still a 2-turn clock regardless. If they both connect for the full amount, that's 21 damage. One more hit is 42 and game. Likewise, you can swing at one opponent with a 10/10 and one with an 11/11. This is still a 2-turn clock with connecting for 20 and 22 damage the next turn. All you need is to bump Renegh a little more and she hits for lethal. You can literally take two opponents down in 2 turns, and the final opponent down in another 2 turns, just with these two Commanders alone.
1 year ago
I would personally add in Anara, Wolvid Familiar
This is a Solid Wolf that will also help give your commander some protection as long as it is your turn.
1 year ago
Hey, you're welcome, nice changes.
Vigor prevents enrage from happening since it prevents damage dealt to Vron. It's a replacement effect which replaces the damage that is dealt with +1/+1 counters since damage isn't dealt enrage doesn't trigger. Rite of Passage works how you want with Vron because it doesn't prevent damage, but also puts a +1/+1 counter when damage is dealt.
Goblin Bombardment could replace many different cards simply because it's a win condition with Vron that's only two mana. Bombardment is also another card to infinite combo with Polyraptor and it can prevent ending the game in a draw with Marauding Raptor + Polyraptor. Anara, Wolvid Familiar could replace Cacophodon. Is Cacophodon part of a combo that I'm not seeing? Crop Rotation could replace Steel Wall.
Rishkar's Expertise and Return of the Wildspeaker are in the precon and they can draw a lot of cards because Vron starts at 5 power. Return being an instant can be cast not on your turn to fill your hand of cards to choose from to cast on your next turn. These spells are excellent with Klauth, Unrivaled Ancient and Old Gnawbone who can make a ton of mana to cast all the cards you draw.
Expertise and Return are actually better spells here than Kindred Summons because with Vron no matter what you're drawing at least 5 cards. Summons requires that you control many Dragons to get the same amount of value. One advantage of Summons is instant speed to potentially reveal both Gnawbone + Charger, cheating them onto the battlefield, but without a way to arrange these Dragons to the top of your library that will be rare.
Sword of Hours is in the precon and it does a lot with Vron since it's a source of repeatable die roll and a way to make Vron bigger with +1/+1 counters. Some budget lands to consider adding in place of some basic lands: Naya Panorama, Jund Panorama, Bonders' Enclave, Rogue's Passage.
Some changes to consider:
- Goblin Bombardment --> Vigor
- Anara, Wolvid Familiar --> Cacophodon
- Crop Rotation --> Phyrexian Walker
- Sword of Hours --> Steel Wall
- Return of the Wildspeaker or Rishkar's Expertise --> Lathliss, Dragon Queen
- Naya Panorama --> 1x Mountain
- Jund Panorama --> 1x Mountain
- Bonders' Enclave --> Temple of the Dragon Queen
- Rogue's Passage --> 1x Forest