Enchantment — Aura
Enchant creature or planeswalker you control
When enchanted permanent is put into the graveryard or is exiled, return that card to the battlefield under your control.
|Want (2)||osefdtcninja , Rykr|
Combos Browse all
- Blood Bairn + Kaya's Ghostform + Renegade Rallier
- Boonweaver Giant + Kaya's Ghostform
- Claim the Firstborn + Kaya's Ghostform + Witch's Oven
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Kaya's Ghostform occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Kaya's Ghostform Discussion
1 week ago
1 month ago
Muldrotha, the Gravetide is a popular card in Commander because it lets you play stuff from the graveyard. However, there appears to be some confusion about playing lands from the graveyard. I want to address this because it's all over the place on Muldrotha deck lists. It stems from this Oracle ruling:
"If you play a card from your graveyard and then have a new Muldrotha come under your control in the same turn, you may play another land or spell of that type from your graveyard that turn."
This seems to contradict Rule 305.2b. I've copied the relevant rules for lands below. There seems to be a nonbo suggested by the community of getting additional land plays by flickering or re-playing Muldrotha.
The nonbo is supposed to work like this: Cast Muldrotha, and then cast Kaya's Ghostform on it. Sacrifice Muldrotha to a sacrifice outlet, e.g. Phyrexian Altar. Kaya's Ghostform brings Muldrotha back from the graveyard, and the new copy allows you to cast an enchantment from your graveyard. Cast Kaya's Ghostform on Muldrotha and repeat. Every cycle, you can also cast another permanent spell of each type and play another land. I believe the ruling is misinterpreted to give you extra land plays. According to the ruling, and without reading Rule 305.2b, you're supposed to be able to play every land in your graveyard in one turn. I believe that this not possible because you only have one land play available each turn, unless you have another land play available by some other means such as Azusa, Lost but Seeking.
In other words, Muldrotha doesn't give you land plays - it only lets you play a land from your graveyard if you have a land play available. Flickering Muldrotha will only let you play more lands from the graveyard if you have additional land plays available.
This is in "Deck Help" because I'm building a Muldrotha deck and I need to make sure my rules are correct before I try some combos or nonbos. I'd like to hear from judges or officials or anybody who really knows the rules well. Am I correct?
305.1. A player who has priority may play a land card from their hand during a main phase of their turn when the stack is empty. Playing a land is a special action; it doesn’t use the stack (see rule 116). Rather, the player simply puts the land onto the battlefield. Since the land doesn’t go on the stack, it is never a spell, and players can’t respond to it with instants or activated abilities. 305.2. A player can normally play one land during their turn; however, continuous effects may increase this number. 305.2a To determine whether a player can play a land, compare the number of lands the player can play this turn with the number of lands they have already played this turn (including lands played as special actions and lands played during the resolution of spells and abilities). If the number of lands the player can play is greater, the play is legal. 305.2b A player can’t play a land, for any reason, if the number of lands the player can play this turn is equal to or less than the number of lands they have already played this turn. Ignore any part of an effect that instructs a player to do so.
1 month ago
Oops, meant to say Kaya's Ghostform above, not Wrath.
Putting in Ephemerate instead of Ghostly Flicker.
1 month ago
Hello there, fellowr Syr Konrad player!
You could check my own Syr Konrad, the Grim's deck: For the Void to see how I went with him, why did I chose the cards I chosen and maybe you'll see some cards you might like too. Some feedback and upvote would be very appreciated aswell! :)
First things first, type CMDR behind "1x Syr Konrad, the Grim" in your decklist to specify him as a commander.
Second, I would probably avoid discard cards like: Mind Rot,Cavern Whisperer when its not discard focused deck.
Same would go with Underworld Dreams.. yes, it can punish some decks for their big card draws, but doesnt really fit the idea of the deck that well. But you could always add Peer into the Abyss which pairs with Underworld Dreams really well.
Next cut would probably be some creatures that doesnt really do much and other cards:
1) Barrow Witches - your only Knight is Syr Konrad, which you will 99.9% times cast from command zone anyway.
2) Feral Abomination - for 5/5 deathtouch is kinda meh, something that generates tokens would be much better, with so many creatures, cards like Pawn of Ulamog and Sifter of Skulls are nice budget options (even when token creature dies, it goes to graveyard -> triggering Syr Konrad's ability, then insantly vanishes).
3) Squelching Leeches - this can grow fairly big if you play for a lot of turns, but without anything that ramps your Swamps out quick, its just slow dumb creature.
4) Vampire Opportunist - its ability is really expensive just to drain 2 life.
5) Im sure you could replace much more creature for something more usefeul, either a card draw, removal, sacrifice outlets or more token generators. 6) Merciless Resolve is worse version of Altar's Reap, which is now worse than Village Rites.
7) Pharika's Libation - Im personally fan of this removal, just because your opponent can choose what to sacrifice. Feed the Swarm is definitely a better option.
8) Kaya's Ghostform - Kaya's Ghostform is okay, cheap protection for only one . You could add more protection, like: Malakir Rebirth Flip, which works even better, because its an instant speed "protection" and can also be used as a land if needed.
9) Evolving Wilds - no need to run this at all. You would be better to switch it either for an additional Swamp or some other utility land. Also Myriad Landscape is cheap budget option to ramp a bit, but its quite slow.
Some cards you could throw in:
1) Cabal Stronghold - budget version of Cabal Coffers, which can tap itself for and adds a decent number of black mana later on.
2) Crypt of Agadeem - with so many black creatures in your deck, this could ramp you a lot. Costs few dollars, but is definitely worth it in mono-black decks like yours.
3) Some mana rocks and spells to help you with ramp, so you won't fall behind that much should help for sure. There is plenty of mana rocks you could use, starting with Sol Ring/Mana Geode/Arcane Signet, also something like Bontu's Monument, Charcoal Diamond. There is also Culling the Weak/Dark Ritual/Cabal Ritual to give you some fast mana, on top of Bubbling Muck and Songs of the Damned. If you browse some other decks and the internet, you can find plenty of mono-black creatures and/or artifacts that can ramp your super fast.
4) Again, with so many creatures in your deck, try to get Morality Shift - which could easily take out all your opponents at once with Syr Konrad on Board. More creature returning spells from yor graveyard could be: Gravepurge/Forever Young and Death Denied. Gravepurge and Forever Young works even better with something like Bolas's Citadel, enabling you to cast those cheap creatures right away and possibly even sacrifice them, triggering Syr Konrad's at least twice each time.
5) In my opinion, super strong card like Tortured Existence. It can easily trigger Syr Konrad's twice, getting big creatures into your graveyard to reanimate them later, get cheap creatures back into your hand to re-cast them again, save some creatures from graveyard hate and works well with Desecrated Tomb. All that at instant speed, as many times as much you got to pay! And its really $cheap.
2 months ago
He synergizes very well with cards like Kaya's Ghostform. He dies (maybe sac outlet), you pay 1 to blow everything up, and then he comes right back and makes you a bunch of zombies.
2 months ago
removed: Captivating Crew Dragon Breath Fiery Mantle Crown of Flames Firebreathing Ghitu Firebreathing Woe Strider Animate Dead Ashnod's Altar - this will probably go back in after some playtesting Mayhem Devil
2 months ago
Perhaps damage doublers like Fiery Emancipation, Gratuitous Violence, Dictate of the Twin Gods, Wound Reflection, and Furnace of Rath are good in a Juri deck? She's new so I haven't mulled it over as to weather they're better than things like Firebreathing. Might require playtesting.
Anyway, looking good!
2 months ago
- For sure adding Daring Apprentice to try, though may be too slow without haste.
- Want to try Glen Elendra Archmage (though she was way cheaper when I last looked).
- Plaguecrafter will be added, even if just to replace Fleshbag Marauder / Merciless Executioner.
- Vanishing looks like a fantastic protection for Muldrotha, since I only need her on board on my turn.
- Mindbender Spores just looks like a hilariously fun and lesser known old card, that just looks like a great deterrent to attacking.
- Kaya's Ghostform is strictly better than Thrull Retainer, the buff doesn't matter much.
- Remove Sol Ring for Arcane Signet, there are so many 2 colour pips I need the coloured mana.
- For this reason, I also want to put in Lotus Field. Sacking 2 lands may hurt early game, but can be amazing late game.
- Debating Journey to Eternity Flip, the curve for the deck is low but getting an extra creature out of the graveyard at instant speed is pretty great even if costs 5 CMC to activate.
- Glacial Chasm, it just, makes me happy and could be clutch in a pinch. The cumulative upkeep is no big deal since you can let it die, so having it in your graveyard could be an awesome safety net with the limited land destruction in the format. I think sacking a land and using your land drop for it would be terrible early to mid game, unless Azusa, Lost but Seeking is out.