|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Rare|
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Elf Shaman
Undergrowth — When Izoni, Thousand-Eyed enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black and green Insect token for each creature card in your graveyard.
, Sacrifice another creature: You gain 1 life and draw a card.
|Have (7)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Psycheretic , Vasbear1 , Taki117 , jecder , BLEATH , Blue_Flame|
|Want (4)||navii , madman-from-space , midpointoftime , CardCarrier|
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Izoni, Thousand-Eyed Discussion
11 hours ago
An interesting list!
I would look at lowering/smoothing out your curve, I have found it helps improve the functionality of a deck.
3 days ago
I checked to see if you were running Steely Resolve in your Omnath deck. I saw it and your inspiration for the deck, VexenX. I was the one who recommended that card to him. Do you think Steely Resolve would work in this deck? Dark Confidant , Grim Haruspex , Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip, Plaguecrafter and Sylvan Safekeeper are the other humans.
Naming Shaman protects Eternal Witness , Grim Haruspex , Izoni, Thousand-Eyed , Plaguecrafter , Reclamation Sage , Sakura-Tribe Elder , Savra, Queen of the Golgari , Underrealm Lich , and World Shaper .
3 days ago
Ripwater, I really liked your input on Control_Train's Meren page.
You are missing Pitiless Plunderer from Control_Train's four card combo of Chainer, Dementia Master , Izoni, Thousand-Eyed and Savra, Queen of the Golgari . This dovetails into my first question. How does this deck win?
Would this deck benefit from an all star closer in green, Craterhoof Behemoth ?
Do you find that you need three boardwipes, Damnation , Toxic Deluge , and Living Death ? This deck plays more removal than any I have seen in a while. I count 13 cards, with the addition of Casualties of War , that serve this function and that is excluding Sheoldred, Whispering One and the graveyard removal cards.
Why are you and Control_Train playing only one fetchland?
You only have 13 basic lands to be utilized by Earthcraft . Has that been consistently sufficient?
I thought Control_Train's argument for the exclusion of Gaea's Cradle was not his strongest. Do you agree with what he said?
3 weeks ago
Abraxas1349 on Fight
3 weeks ago
This deck looks like alot of fun to play, with the right circumstances it could really get out of hand. It gave me an idea of a build like this with graveyard tricks and Izoni, Thousand-Eyed created a ton of insects for a big hit/life gain/ and card draw.
1 month ago
I think Savra, Queen of the Golgari would be the way to build. Izoni, Thousand-Eyed is great in the 99, and will work well with a commander that wants to sac things anyways. As a commander, however, Izoni is tougher to make work. You have to really build around her, and if you truly want value out of her, you need to cast her more than once. There are a few ways to do this other than sending her back to the command zone, but paying 6 CMC each time you cast her tends to really limit the rest of a turn, and if you are recasting from the command zone, it doesn't take long for her CMC to get too far out of reach to make casting her again worth the effect.
1 month ago
Hi, nice deck! By the way, not to be mean or anything, but this seems grabbed straight out from EDHREC, but you can easily fix it up. I enforce the comment from ZendikariWol (he helped me out with They See Me Diggin', They Hatin', my meren deck, sometime ago), in that you need to cut those things which don't really help you winning, but instead make you just "win more". I would consider trying to run more creatures, as you can recycle them any time you need them for their effects. Apart from the cards you already got suggested to add, which I suggest too, I'd also consider:
- Ashnod's Altar is a really explosive must include card. Free sac outlet.
- Skullwinder is super strong. can be used oplitically, but more importantly lets you buy back those noncreature cards that happen to have hit your graveyard. Plus, it's a 1/3 deathtouch.
- Nyx Weaver is the same as the above, but can only be used once. But if it rebuys you the spell that makes you win the game, it suddenly becomes so powerful...
- Mind Slash is a cool sac outlet, that lets you get rid of those spells you don't like, and slow your opponents down.
- Avenger of Zendikar as it floods the board and gives you sacrifice targets. It also can pump up those token, but that's far less likely to happen. Still really solid.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a cool token generator if you ahve access to free sacrifice outlets, but it's a bit slow.
- Harvester of Souls draws lots of cards. The potential of decking yourself is not that much of a problem, considering that you may draw a card, but are not obliged to.
- From Beyond is a cool little token/mana generator, that can tutor up Smothering Abomination .
- Izoni, Thousand-Eyed is both a sac outlet, card draw and token generator. Must have.
- Pathbreaker Ibex and Overwhelming Stampede both make up for very powerful win conditions with all of the aforementioned token generation.
- Woodfall Primus has recently gone down in price and it's a nice piece of removal that can be used twice if a sac outlet is provided.
- Primal Druid is a cool dude that can chump-block and will ramp you like crazy if you start chain reanimating it. It's a worse Viridian Emissary , which is again a worse Dave .
1 month ago
You know, I built a deck similar to this a while back, and I gave up on it due to the meta at that time, the Golgari Midrange deck being so much better than what I had built, and that I did not have the funds at the time to build my deck, some components were way too expensive to buy for me and I needed to somehow get them for the deck.
The deck I built is still here on tappedout, feel free to look at it and take any inspiration you want from it, anything for Golgari, but there is one thing I want you to consider when looking at the deck, it's the Vraskas I have in my deck. They are brutal with Izoni, Thousand-Eyed and Lotleth Giant .
The deck is Those Below and I hope it helps.
PS. Vraska, Golgari Queen is not in the deck and the deck was never really finished, so take that into account when viewing it.
Izoni, Thousand-Eyed occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%