Marit Lage's Slumber
Legendary Snow Enchantment
Whenever Marit Lage's Slumber or another snow permanent enters the battlefield under your control, scry 1.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Marit Lage's Slumber Discussion
3 months ago
4 months ago
have you played the deck much? My big concern is the mana cost of the 2 commanders.. 10 mana to get the engine going is a high cost. I like your build, it’s a lot different then mine but seems fun. The only card that confuses me is Marit Lage's Slumber, is it in the deck just to scry1 for 2 or are you running snow covered lands.. or am I completely missing something?
10 months ago
Darksteel_Eye I made a new update after a long hiatus away from magic. At this point, I have no idea how the deck is in it's current state (not in any way competetive atleast lol)
I think it needs some sort of way to close out games easier as Marit Lage's Slumber is one of the only ways currently. Or just beating someone to death with snowballs as weapon, not really effective. But winning every game is not the decks point thankfully. I noticed that some card draw might help. So I added a bit of that also.
11 months ago
1 year ago
I like the direction you are going. Prismatic Vista, while not budget, will work well as a mana fixer.
1 year ago
I see why you like the Dryad of the Ilysian Grove in this deck. I took a more aggressive build with my deck, the main point of it is to get small snow threats out, then swing for a bunch of damage. What's also great about the aggro route is that Marit Lage's Slumber sets off faster. I haven't put up the decklist on TappedOut yet, but I will.
1 year ago
Budget may forbid, but Prismatic Vista is a great card for a snow deck. You have a very low mana curve, I think it’s a good idea to have fewer total lands and mana dorks; alternatively add in Diamond Faerie as a sink for all that late-game mana.
You have no non-creature removal; at bare minimum you might want to obtain Remand.
I run a 5-color snow deck, it may be of interest to you.
1 year ago
Hey, interesting less than $100 version of Estrid. I like the secondary snow permanent strategy with Marit Lage's Slumber :)
Cards within the budget to consider adding:
- Waker of the Wilds : mana sink to make lands into creatures.
- Dawn's Reflection
- Market Festival
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Faerie Conclave : creature land, flying.
- Treetop Village : creature land, trample.
- Celestial Colonnade : creature land, flying/vigilance.
- Stirring Wildwood : creature land, reach.
- Lumbering Falls : creature land, hexproof.
- Genesis Wave : can put lands and enchantments onto the battlefield.
- Wargate : can tutor for a permanent and put it onto the battlefield. Reprinted in the Mystery Booster set, that version is $1.
- Sylvan Scrying : tutor for any land.
- Open the Armory : tutor for any aura.
- Sun Titan : can reanimate lands or other permanents that are 3 or less CMC.
Waker of the Wilds as a mana sink with creature lands can expand on the lands strategy.
Upgrades to consider:
- Waker of the Wilds > Omen of the Sun
- Overgrowth > Omen of the Hunt
- Dawn's Reflection > Sheltered Aerie
- Market Festival > Verdant Haven
- Wargate > Rites of Flourishing
- Genesis Wave > Boundless Realms
- Sun Titan > Embodiment of Insight
- Sylvan Scrying > Treasure Hunt
- Open the Armory > Journey of Discovery
- Command Tower > 1x Forest
- Exotic Orchard > 1x Forest
- Faerie Conclave > 1x Island
- Treetop Village > 1x Forest
- Celestial Colonnade > 1x Island
- Stirring Wildwood > 1x Forest
- Lumbering Falls > 1x Island
Good luck with your deck.