|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn (GRV)||Uncommon|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, Sacrifice Crystal Vein: Add to your mana pool.
Crystal Vein Discussion
6 days ago
Way too many lands and your ramp package needs some major tlc (aka drop EVERY rock that costs 3 and only adds 1 mana).
Boros Signet , Azorius Signet , Izzet Signet , Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Conviction , Talisman of Creativity , Fellwar Stone , Pentad Prism , Basalt Monolith , Worn Powerstone , and Coalition Relic should ALL be in here. Don't drop any of the above rocks, add more if your budget allows Lotus Petal , Mana Vault , Moxes, etc.
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. It's got a gross overall price tag but still plenty of affordable options (i.e. GET Strionic Resonator IN HERE). Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
6 days ago
Academy Ruins Buried Ruin Seat of the Synod Darksteel Citadel Inventors' Fair Minamo, School at Water's Edge Ancient Tomb Hall of the Bandit Lord Crystal Vein Tolaria West Reliquary Tower Mishra's Workshop Halimar Depths Temple of the False God Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
1 week ago
Thank you for the recommendations for the deck! I have thought about both Cephalid Coliseum and Crystal Vein previously. I like the Coliseum for its easy ability to dig through my deck for only one mana. My one problem with the card is that it takes my land spot for a turn and it doesn't give me mana so it slows me down there. As for Crystal Vein I really like how every other turn I can produce 4 colorless mana and if The Gitrog Monster is out then it gives card draw as well. I just need to find a slot for it in the deck. Lastly the Song of the Dryads I hadn't even thought about including it in the deck but I love how devastating it can be if put on someone's commander so I will definitely have to try and fit it in. Thank you again and if you have any other recommendations please let me know!
1 week ago
I'm also really fond of Song of the Dryads here. Very versatile piece of removal that can shut down entire decks.
2 weeks ago
Dischord If I'm being honest, Tron lands aren't really worth it. I've never managed to assemble Tron organically, and the times I did assemble it was by using tutors, which is an option if the game is super slow but I wouldn't say it's good. I used to run Crystal Vein & Zhalfirin Void but swapped them for lands that better fits my meta. You can certainly run them as great budget alternative. I will most likely move away from Tron once I get my hands on some of the more expansive lands.
Winter Orb has won me several games and is in my opinion the most potent form of stax in the deck. I also used to think it would screw us over but boy was I wrong. This deck runs so much mana rocks that even without Karn, the Great Creator , an early Winter Orb really helps you get ahead of your opponents.
I have yet to test Ugin's Nexus but it does seem like a pretty good card with Karn, the Great Creator or Emrakul, the Promised End . I'll try to find a way to fit it in the deck alongside Mindslaver & Prototype Portal and will update you on how it performs, thanks for the idea!
2 weeks ago
Are the tron lands worth running in Kozilek? I personally don't run them in my build because it's really difficult to get them all out on the battlefield at the same time. For budget replacements, I'd suggest running Crystal Vein , Thespian's Stage , and Zhalfirin Void over the tron lands.
Also, is Winter Orb good? I feel like it would screw you over more than your opponents since you need to ramp a lot to overrun the table. If you want synergy with Karn, the Great Creator like you said Winter Orb was there for, I would run a copy of Ugin's Nexus instead. Not only does it help you by stopping people from using extra turn spells, it has really cool and obscure additional utility! For one, you can use Karn's [-2] loyalty ability to recast Ugin's Nexus for a few more extra turns (with a sacrifice outlet, like Phyrexia's Core for example), and for Kozilek, a few more extra turns can let you swing in for easy Commander damage lethal. Another cool synergy with Ugin's Nexus is with Emrakul, the Promised End . Since Emrakul lets your opponent take an "extra turn", with Ugin's Nexus out on the battlefield, they can't take that extra turn, and you have essentially used Mindslaver on them!
3 weeks ago
I've yet to format an oathbreaker deck in tappedout, so i'm not sure how signature spell is denoted, but I'm curious which you run as yours.
Also, if your running crucible of worlds in the deck already, I could see taking advantage of more lands that sac themselves like Blast Zone , Buried Ruin , Crystal Vein , Emergence Zone , or Encroaching Wastes .
4 weeks ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
Crystal Vein occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%