When Witchbane Orb enters the battlefield, destroy all Curses attached to you.
You have hexproof. (You can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control, including Aura spells.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Witchbane Orb occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Witchbane Orb Discussion
1 week ago
I have Witchbane Orb on the battlefield already. Let's say my opponent has either Phyrexian Obliterator , or Hellkite Tyrant on the battlefield. Do there triggered abilities still trigger if i have hexproof already?
2 weeks ago
You caught me at a good time.
Rereading my suggestions, some of them are a little higher budget than I remember, so skip over those. Also, I glossed over Thwart the Enemy preventing noncombat damage, but I still suggest taking it out. I'm changing my recommendation there to Riot Control .
The biggest advantage of Leyline of Sanctity is its turn zero play. If you just want 1-2, or plan on pulling it mostly with Mastermind's Acquisition from the sideboard, Witchbane Orb is a pretty safe replacement, especially in three colors with a good chunk of basics.
How did Rampant Growth end up so expensive? It's had a million prints, it's a Core Set common, and it's been in a ton of Commander sets. Anyway, maybe a couple of those to help you get up to the critical 5-7 mana.
2 weeks ago
legendofa: Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the comment, these suggestions are great. I'll have to think about which of the cards I'll incorporate, I'll let you know when I have results. Can't wait for more comments.
One question: What do you think about Witchbane Orb instead of Leyline of Sanctity?
3 weeks ago
elijahhagler Hi nice to see that my old deck still brings viewers :D. But in this build I did not run any graveyard prot. But I have few in mind if you lose your needed combo pieces like Pull from Eternity and Riftsweeper . Another way to "Protect" your graveyard is to give yourself Hexproof. Then they cannot target you and usually your GY. Here some cards Ivory Mask , Orbs of Warding Witchbane Orb , Leyline of Sanctity , Sigarda, Heron's Grace , Solitary Confinement , Shalai, Voice of Plenty , True Believer , Aegis of the Gods
3 months ago
Hello, you deck looks really nice. I have some suggestions of cards for you to think about:
First, as mentioned before Leyline of the Void, Anguished Unmaking, Despark are good cards to consider, and I also think you should lose the Lingering Souls for something more useful to you. For the same 3 mana you could drop Phyrexian Arena, Grim Tutor, Crypt Incursion, a third Wrath of God or you could lower your curve and play Surgical Extraction, Extirpate, Smallpox, Inquisition of Kozilek, Castigate, Dark Confidant
Secondly I would like to recommend some artifact and enchantment removal, mostly for sideboard, since you are within the color range of dealing with those easily: Revoke Existence, Fragmentize, Heliod's Intervention, Demystify
4 months ago
I suggest: Chalice of the Void or possibly Trinisphere > Hex Parasite, Wurmcoil Engine > Elixir of Immortality, and removing a number of artifacts for regular sideboard cards, such as Nature's Claim and Confounding Conundrum or Leyline of Sanctity. These spots really just depend on what you think you're going to have trouble with, but I think Nature's Claim is definitely an include. You might also consider Sundering Titan.
I would remove Witchbane Orb, Ratchet Bomb, and Pithing Needle as artifacts that are probably too specific to see much use (not sure why you'd need both Needle and Spyglass for example). Possibly also Paradox Engine but I'm not sure if you can "go off" in a meaningful way.
4 months ago
I would have never thought to find such a comment like this, it's A M A Z I N G. I really like your support on this project and I would love to create a competitive deck together.
Unfortunatly I don't work yet, so I can't really have a deck with Moxes, 15 Fetch Lands and OP Mana Artifacts, but we can build one not caring for the price just to see if it will be competitive or not
Others, instead, need some explanation:
-Witchbane Orb is needed in my deck because in my playgroup people will 100% try to Bojuka Bog or try to Flash in a Tormod's Crypt when the Commander is being casted ( happened to me once when I was trying to cast a Kathril, Aspect Warper who was going to become a 26/26 with 13 different abilities....)
-Blood for Bones has one of the most intricated rulings I've ever seen, with it you can sacrifice a creature and then return that same creature you sacrificed back to the battlefield, creating a card that can "Blink" in Black and that also returns a creature into your hand from the graveyard
Another thing, I don't think that attacking with spiders is a good idea, my Deck can create a bunch of them in a turn, but i would rather win with them with a combo then wait for a full rotation (and all my friends at the LGS have at least 2 boardwipes per deck) to attack.
This deck doesn't draw, you're right, but it mills itself and then returns to hand important combo pieces from the graveyard, but we can try to put in a Shamanic Revelation and other cool drawing cards and see what happens
Let me now what you think, I'm really excited about this project
4 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.