|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Gain control of X target creatures and/or planeswalkers.
Mass Manipulation Discussion
1 day ago
Hey MagicalHacker. Thanks for taking the time and sharing some tips! I actually had a look at your deck in action as one of the sources for inspiration. Great stuff!
Before going over your suggestions, do you have any tips on what to cut :)? Would be nice to also hear your view on what cards you think I shouldn't run.
This is how I currently evaluate the cards you mentioned:
- Animate Dead , Necromancy & Reanimate : I like these cards, but I found the other graveyard recursion cards to be more appealing. I prioritized runing cards that can get me multiple creatures from the grave over one-shot effects. I might get Reanimate back in the list someday just because of the nostalgia factor.
- Aura Thief , Steal Artifact & Steal Enchantment : I don't like that these cards are narrow in application. I prefer to have card with a lot of options over more efficient ones in a control deck like this. Aura thief is really strong, but I am not running ways to get it to the grave reliably (like a sac outlet). That is why I ended u cutting it.
- Control Magic & Dream Leash : Great options if I get some more room for more steal effects. Dream leash is really strong. However, I prefer the other 5-drops I'm running atm, and I want to keep my curve nice and smooth.
- Geth, Lord of the Vault : love this card. However, I ended up cutting it for curve considerations.
- Grave Betrayal & Mind's Dilation : Both cards I like and have been in decks before. However, they are both do-nothing-enchantments for 7 mana. I like the 7-drops I ended up including better (and again, I want to keep a smooth curve).
- Memory Plunder : I don't like this card. It's mana cost is quite prohibitive with all the colored mana and only gets back 1 card. I like Spelltwine better. I might undervalue the fact that it's an instant, but with my playstyle I'm not expecting to hold up 4 mana with this deck.
- Mimic Vat : Fun card, but more at home in an arsticrats-style deck imo. It doesn't have additional synergy with what the deck is doing as I run very few ways to kill creatures.
- Agent of Treachery & Gilded Drake : I already run this duo in my Roon deck, where they are way more busted than in Silumgar. And I prefer to keep my decks distinct if possible.
- Mass Manipulation : Cool card and one I'd like to try out sometime :). Will see if I can acquire one.
- Commandeer : A card I would love to run, but quite pricey, and I haven't gotten around to acquire it yet.
- Pendant of Prosperity : A lovely trinket to steel back. I will give this card some thought :).
Again, thanks for checking out the deck!
GL & HF,
1 day ago
Comparing my Silumgar deck to yours, they are about half or more different (including lands), but I wanted to point out eighteen cards I think you should consider adding, nine of which are already on your maybeboard:
Animate Dead , Aura Thief , Control Magic , Geth, Lord of the Vault , Grave Betrayal , Memory Plunder , Mimic Vat , Mind's Dilation , and Steal Artifact should move into the mainboard from the maybeboard.
Agent of Treachery , Commandeer , Dream Leash , Gilded Drake , Mass Manipulation , Necromancy , Pendant of Prosperity , Reanimate , and Steal Enchantment should skip the maybeboard and go straight to the mainboard.
These are simply my suggestions! If you are unsure of if these cards are as good as I say they are, check out my deck at The Bloodhall Season 1 - Dragonlord Silumgar and you can see how the deck plays in videos in its description.
6 days ago
Into the Story - Can suck early game and grave hate or shuffling wheels exacerbate this. My version of baral plays lots of time spiral effects. But this does intrigue me
Vex - We can do better
Estrid's Invocation - Why?
Marit Lage's Slumber - Too slow and unimpactful
Bond of Insight - Better recursion, fuels graveyard decks, but is interesting
Mass Manipulation - Too expensive
Plea for Power - I have a love hate relationship with this card. But it's always hurt me more than it's helped.
Murmuring Mystic - Worse talrand is not needed
Elixir of Immortality - No purpose?
Let me know if you want some ideas for stuff to add
3 weeks ago
Probably the last update until a rebuild to do the upcoming banning of Oko, Thief of Crowns and possibly others.
FNM 1st Position 3-1-0
Crushed the field only dropping 2 games in total. Convincingly beat 2 versions of sulti- Cauldron/Oven decks played only dropping one game across both matches. Bioessence Hydra proved to be too much for the deck with the chump/sacrificing of Cauldron Familiar not paying dividends against trample.
There was also Izzet Pheonix deck that couldn't ever completely remove Oko, Thief of Crowns . Meaning they were not over-enjoyed having just a bunch of 3/3 Elk across both games.
The drawn match was a pseudo mirror match against the Pro-Tour Simic Food Deck. Due to a slow drawn out play I managed to pull out the draw on Turn 5 of Time giving me the overall win as they had a previous draw. Funnily enough the hydras were the difference with my opponent unable to deal with the large tramples. Also of note was their decision to cast Mass Manipulation on my hydras which allowed Gargos, Vicious Watcher to fight half their board and kill himself fizzling part of the spell and turing a back breaking situation into a break even one.
1 month ago
I am guessing your win condition is Mass Manipulation which can already make you possibly lose to a deck that doesn't have very many creatures, also if you're running multiple things that disable creatures its kinda counter productive. Correct me if i'm wrong.
2 months ago
I like the idea of Fae of Wishes , that could be a great inclusion! Just saw Todd Stevens play something similar. Voracious Hydra feels too important for the early to mid game against the aggro decks, but I could definitely see Mass Manipulation in the sideboard instead.
2 months ago
Personally, I’d take out the Voracious Hydra ’s and the Mass Manipulation ’s, and add in Growth Spiral and Fae of Wishes . By moving Mass to the SB, you can hit it more consistently with Fae, as well as being able to grab other things from the SB.
2 months ago
In 3 colors you need far more fixing/ramp. This is what I would swap to balance out your build: Divination < Dimir Signet , Mass Manipulation < Rakdos Signet , Slave of Bolas < Izzet Signet , Victimize < Hedron Archive or Mind Stone , Hazoret's Favor < Commander's Sphere , Warstorm Surge < Fellwar Stone
Mass Manipulation occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%