Khalni Heart Expedition
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a quest counter on Khalni Heart Expedition.
Remove three quest counters from Khalni Heart Expedition and sacrifice it: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Khalni Heart Expedition Discussion
1 month ago
Some New Additions, not going to say what was removed but in most cases the cards that came out were underperforming cards that were either just big threats like Dungrove Elder or worse versions of cards that got added such as Garruk's Horde:
Elvish Mystic - I tried to not put in just a 1/1 mana dork for as long as I could but honestly there's no reason not too. Especially now with the extra card draw/play from the top of the deck it is not a dead card late so it becomes so much better.
Outland Liberator Flip - So this actually is something that I thought would be good to talk about. Krosan Grip was actually the card that came out here. In a sense, I'm trading split second for the fact that it's a creature card so that I can cast it off the top of the deck or as an instant. It's also cool because the werewolf cards from the new Innistrad pair SUPER well with Yeva since you can just pass your turn a lot of the time to flip them and then cast your creatures on their turns. I'll keep an eye out for other of the new wolves that would fit in well (or maybe even some old ones depending).
Tireless Tracker - So yeah. Card is just nuts. Card draw engine that turns itself into a threat. I added A LOT of more ramp in this version as well so this guy can benefit a lot from some of the other new cards. This also gives me the idea to look at some other landfall cards in the future as well, right now it's just this and Baru, Fist of Krosa that really benefit but we'll see.
Kodama's Reach, Nature's Lore, Skyshroud Claim, Khalni Heart Expedition - These all fill into the "really good ramp spells" category so yeah they all came in. Kodama's might be on the chopping block if I need to cut a ramp spell first, or maybe Ranger's Path.
Lifecrafter's Bestiary - One of those "just belongs in green creature deck cards". Turns things into card draw for extra mana, smooths out your draws just by existing. Great card.
Thought Vessel - Just honestly a small good mana rock with minor benefit. Just testing this out, could also be replaced pretty easily.
Helix Pinnacle - Probably the card I'm most excited about trying in the deck. With all these untap land effects, mana doubling, instant speed cards, this seems like a reallllllly good way to win. It's cheap, efficient and you can definitely pump out 100 mana in a turn cycle with this deck.
Hunter's Insight - This is maybe good card draw? Honestly just checking on it, probably at this point it could just get taken out but we'll see.
Thoughts about the deck: The deck now functions how I think it should pretty consistently. You ramp and then hold up mana to play threats and draw a bunch of cards. Newer cards added a lot of depth and trickiness to the deck and I'm going to continue in that direction.
Next steps - Craterhoof Behemoth and Avenger of Zendikar are cards I'm looking at just because that just ends the game. Tooth and Nail in addition to those two maybe but I'll have to get and test them first to see how it plays.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Hey, well done for a first deck. You have good card sense on a budget and you've even included Rimewood for Farseek, nice. Sol Ring and Arcane Signet are staple budget mana rocks in Commander to consider adding.
I see Retreat to Coralhelm, but I don't see the missing piece to the Retreat landfall combo. Budget Llanowar Scout or Scaled Herbalist tap to put a land from your hand onto the battlefield thus you can untap one of them with Retreat and repeat. These creatures let you put a land from your hand onto the battlefield at instant speed to trigger Aesi on opponent's turn. The last piece of the combo is Simic Growth Chamber or Guildless Commons. The land can bounce itself back to your hand and repeat.
I see Kodama of the East Tree; if you add Meloku the Clouded Mirror then you have another landfall combo. Any basic land can be repeatedly bounced and played to create infinite 1/1 Spirits. Tap a basic land to make one mana, use that mana to pay for Meloku and bounce the basic land you just tapped. This creates a 1/1 Spirit which triggers Kodama, put the same basic land from your hand and repeat.
There's a secondary sea monster theme here which Ominous Seas would expand on. Seas has interaction with Aesi since you put a counter on it each time you draw a card including your first draw each of your turns. Combine Seas with Retreat combo to make infinite 8/8 Krakens. Whelming Wave can be a blowout since Aesi is a Serpent. Bounce all opponents creatures leaving just Aesi and any other sea monsters still on the battlefield. Wave is nice Fierce Empath to bounce it to then cast it again to tutor again.
Teferi's Ageless Insight lets you draw an additional card whenever you draw a card. For each card drawn means that if you have an effect that draws more than one card such as Brainstorm you instead draw six cards. Yavimaya Coast, Bant Panorama, Blighted Woodland are some budget land upgrades to consider.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Llanowar Tribe: too difficult of a casting cost when playing so many Islands.
- Engulf the Shore: too many Forests.
- Arbor Elf: too many Islands.
- Sphinx of Uthuun: not needed and too much CMC for what it does.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar: not needed, have life gaining from other cards that are less CMC.
- Khalni Heart Expedition: subpar source for ramp/landfall.
- Explosive Vegetation: the other two four drop land ramp spells are better.
- Beast Whisperer: a good card, but you can get repeatable draw from other sources that don't require you to cast a creature since the majority of the creatures here are high CMC.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
5 months ago
One of the better ways to fix a land base is to lean into green more. Cards like Harrow , Sakura-Tribe Elder , Cultivate , Kodama's Reach , Fertile Ground , Roiling Regrowth , and Khalni Heart Expedition make playing your other colors easier. There’s also cheap rainbow lands like Unclaimed Territory (since most if not all of your creatures have the new creature type Phyrexian). I love the thriving lands from Jumpstart like Thriving Isle , Thriving Heath , Thriving Moor , and Thriving Grove for 4C decks.
6 months ago
qwrtyp Thanks! Search for Blex I agree would be good. The card itself wouldn't fit into the budget that I was going for. Looking back I probably would change out the Harrow , Roiling Regrowth , amd Khalni Heart Expedition . For a Wood Elves , Farhaven Elf , and a Springbloom Druid to have more creatures to sacrifice and trigger both Grim Haruspex and Midnight Reaper
8 months ago
Font of Fertility , Wayfarer's Bauble , Beanstalk Giant , Sakura-Tribe Elder Khalni Heart Expedition you can store the charges on it until you want to trigger landfall
Seer's Sundial , Colossal Majesty , Aid from the Cowl (fetchlands make this happen), Beast Whisperer , Guardian Project ,
land: Kessig Wolf Run , Castle Garenbrig , Mosswort Bridge , Gruul Turf , Guildless Commons . The 2 bounce lands can target themselves, so you can reuse next turn if you don,t have lands in hand lategame. With Azusa, you can bounce it 3x for 3 landfall triggers.
extra: Hammer of Purphoros Fires of Yavimaya Radha, Heart of Keld , Kenrith's Transformation , Song of the Dryads , Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Lignify , Vivien, Monsters' Advocate , Cindervines , Bonecrusher Giant
9 months ago
Thanks for checking out my deck carpecanum! I love absolutely love Rampage of the Clans that just hilarious to use. Khalni Gem is great call will definitely get that, and I'm back and forth on both Khalni Heart Expedition and Armillary Sphere but I think Armillary Sphere is better for me between the two. I didn't consider putting infect into this deck at all problem is that people will probably aggro me first then but I'll have to look into how many infect cards there are!