Jar of Eyeballs
Whenever a creature you control dies, put two eyeball counters on Jar of Eyeballs.
3, T, Remove all eyeball counters from Jar of Eyeballs: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of eyeball counters removed this way. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Jar of Eyeballs Discussion
1 week ago
Dig the budget Shirei, have you considered Jar of Eyeballs? It works quite well in the more artifact centered shirei deck i'm making: The recursion life, with a tweest, it can get ridiculous at times having near 30 eyeball counters on it, it's basically a tutor! Slate of Ancestry is an interesting add, its giving me some ideas...
1 week ago
This is amazing! Love the idea! Jar of Eyeballs would be a fun addition to this deck. Lightning Coils would be pretty crazy too, if you also had lots of creatures. Remembrance and Proper Burial offer you a huge advantage as well after you clear the board. I figured cards that give you bonuses when your things die would be good in this deck. Love the deck, and, like you, I love broken casual decks.
1 month ago
Cards I'm using in my commander deck that haven't been used already are:
I have a token/steal theme to the deck though, so obviously you might have something totally different for your deck.
1 month ago
I'm in the process of revamping my Ayli deck into a tribal deck and your decklist gives me some great ideas so thank you for that. Welcome back to magic :) Some feedback for you:
I think instead of categories named "ramp" and "mana rocks", they should be "ramp" and "draw". This will give you a better idea of how many draw spells you actually have, which (in my opinion) you don't have enough for such a low mana curve. And on the ramp side of things, I'd stick in 2-3 more.
More commander protection.
Considerations for adds
- Westvale Abbey Flip - Good alternative win-con and an okay token generator if you have nothing else to do
- Wrath of God / Fumigate / etc - OG wrath, and a great on-theme wrath. I'd recommend more than just the one you have but it depends on playgroup. Also casting this after you get the Battalion trigger from Frontline Medic makes me foam at the mouth
- Suture Priest - second cousin of the soul sisters
- Pious Evangel Flip - third cousin,twice removed in-law of the soul sisters
- Sun Titan - Double recursion, and you have so many targets with your curve
- Dawn of the Dead - What's nice about this recursion option is you aren't forced to exile the creature if it'd somehow leave the battlefield through other means cough Ayli cough
- Knight of the White Orchid - ramp
- Wayfarer's Bauble - ramp
- Sword of the Animist - ramp. You'll most likely sac the creature away before combat resolves anyway.
- Pristine Talisman - ramp, lifegain. Best of the bunch of 3 CMCs for this deck. Possibly 1-2 additional 3/4 CMC* rocks.
- Oath of Lieges - ramp
- Swiftfoot Boots - protection
- Gift of Immortality - protection. I love comboing with this and a high toughness creature although it can also be used for Ayli
- Darksteel Plate - protection
- Trading Post - great utility for this deck
- Heliod, God of the Sun - Not the best God out there but very thematic for the deck
- Viridian Longbow - turns Ayli into a sniper with her Deathtouch
- Illusionist's Bracers - double up Ayli's abilities
- Custodi Soulbinders - big boy in multiplayer
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed - if you have a lot of non-humans this could go a long way
- Archangel of Thune / Cliffhaven Vampire / Vizkopa Guildmage - weaponize that lifegain
- Pontiff of Blight - I see him in your sideboard--I think his ability is great for this deck and he's got a big butt
- Phyrexian Processor - with enough lifegain you could make X pretty large. Combos great with Children of Korlis
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel - this guy can damn near win the game for you if you can recur him enough times
- Tree of Perdition - somewhat gimmicky but you can see its potential with Ayli
- Any of the three Elspeth Planeswalkers are solid in this deck.
- draw - I'm struggling with this myself. Ambition's Cost, Greed, Necropotence, Jar of Eyeballs, Dark Prophecy, Mind's Eye, Disciple of Bolas, Harvester of Souls, Promise of Power
Considerations for removal
- Exorcist - I'm not a fan because it's only black, that's too restrictive
- Orzhov Signet - *my issue with the signet is that it's CMC is 2 which conflicts with Ayli. I'd rather get slightly more value out of a 3 CMC the turn after
- Orzhov Pontiff - Ability seems minimal at best but maybe i have tunnel vision
- Hidden Stockpile - Maybe switch to Bitterblossom if price isn't a concern. Or, if you add some of the other token generators maybe this one won't be needed anyway
- Martyr of Sands - Not nearly enough card draw to get a huge benefit out of this
4 months ago
There are a lot of key pieces that you are missing. I can give a few suggestions from the top of my head that might get you started in the right direction.
Boros Charm can protect you stuff on your combo turn.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord wincon
There are a million ways to go infinite with Ghave. It's harder to not go infinite.
Some cards that are probably underperforming and you might want to cut for these:
Slice in Twain I'm sure there are better options.
Greed is good. Just ask Gordon Gecko. But you have better card draw options available. Just see above.
Thought Vessel This card is a trap card in all but very specific decks. 7 cards are normally enough to win.
Jar of Eyeballs Really fun and flavorful but lacks in power.
Gaea's Blessing you're not really running selfmill or reanimate effects. Unless there is a lot of mill or graveyard hate in your meta.
Welp, this turned out a lot longer than I expected. Hope it helps!
4 months ago
I'd take out Abu Ja'far, Adriana, Captain of the Guard, Ajani's Chosen, Ball Lightning, Dream Pillager, Hanweir Watchkeep Flip, Magma Giant, Platinum Angel, Tormented Pariah Flip, Humble, Fall of the Hammer, Where Ancients Tread, Jar of Eyeballs.
I'm going to suggest a few budget options without the reason stated right now. Keep in mind Magic is a huge game. Some of us have been playing for a long time and so we have seen a lot of cards, but by no means do i know all the cards. I just know what has worked for me and my Gisela deck.
Manabarbs, Burning Earth, Grab the Reins, Crib Swap, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Revoke Existence, Tajic, Blade of the Legion, Pilgrim's Eye, Staff of Nin, Sunblast Angel, Vandalblast, Seal of Cleansing, Auramancer, Armillary Sphere, Phyrexian Rebirth, and Burnished Hart.
I like the Divine Reckoning in the maybeboard. I've used that card well in the past and its really worked for me.
5 months ago
I have Banefire, though anther x spell would be nice... Aftershock can help in most situations. Jar of Eyeballs is great because you sac a ton of goblins then go and grab the combo piece you need if that be a Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker or a Basilisk Collar. also if you saced enough goblins you can search through your entire deck then put all the cards back how you want (if you searched your entire deck, when you put the cards back in any order on the bottom you can now pretty much stack your deck) anyway thanks for the comment and feedback geekmp3.
5 months ago
Did you include Aftershock because of how versatile it is or for another reason?
Can you do a quick write up on the inclusion of Jar of Eyeballs? Looks interesting.
No X burn spells? Not even a Comet Storm? My goblin deck has a lot of sacrifice for mana into X spells.
+1 for Goblins! Nice deck!