|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dominaria (DOM)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer
Whenever you cast a historic spell, draw a card. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||meotojite , pskinn01 , teslacoil7992 , Laertesss , bburt17 , Thunderbeard , firemind12 , Pumpkinking913 , Forkbeard , , jecder , lorddarkstar|
|Want (12)||DeifiedExile , Hakira , Loading_Error , Talonisnthavingit , Hakkai_Requiem , dauid , AquaDave , lucky72 , i_love_hentai , relyks16 , AntiheroFOREVER , oswrick|
Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain Discussion
1 day ago
6 days ago
- Retrofitter Foundry
- Whirler Rogue
- Echo Storm
- Maverick Thopterist
- Psychosis Crawler
- Scuttling Doom Engine
- Hellkite Igniter
- Into the Roil
- Enchanter's Bane
- Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor
- Endless Atlas
- Thirst for Knowledge
- Reverse Engineer
- Prismatic Lens
- Vessel of Endless Rest
- Dreamstone Hedron
- Daretti, Scrap Savant
- Goblin Welder
- Trading Post
- The Antiquities War
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- Mizzium Transreliquat
- Kuldotha Forgemaster
- Spine of Ish Sah
- Mechanized Production
- Clock of Omens
- Sai, Master Thopterist
- Whir of Invention
- Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain
- Shimmer Myr
- Grand Architect
- Storm the Vault
1 week ago
Yes indeed another Daretti player!
In fact I built Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain but unfortunatly I don't like playing 20 minutes turns.
So I went for an Arcum deck, but since there's a lot of similarities in cards I decided to create an "evil twin" kind of deck.
I just like brewing decks!
(I'll go check yours!)
1 week ago
why is Cerebral Vortex in there? surely Divination Glimmer of Genius Hieroglyphic Illumination and Think Twice are all better options. maybe its a meta thing and there's a Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain in the playgroup or something but outside of that I'm not sure why it is there.
2 weeks ago
poliscrusher you're totally right! This deck goes nuts. I took a modified list to my LGS and this happened: I had out Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain and enough of the cost reducers that I was ready to go off. The guy next to me saw Aetherflux Reservoir in my hand and was ready to scoop. I played 20 artifacts, then bounced all of them back with Rebuild. One of my opponents floated a red mana with Pyromancer's Goggles right before it got returned, and then realized how many cards I had in hand and cast a Runeflare Trap. R.I.P. me :(
3 weeks ago
Two things, his CMC is a little high and he's missing the #1 walker card... Doubling Season.
I'd also like to offer a slew of cuts... It should also be noted that I play this same deck, which you can find here
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 9 COMMENTS | 344 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I'd take a look at it for some more suggestions than I am going to state here on this post.
- Curator's ward: Its actually pretty good tech, but... unless you are playing against a deck that is damage or specifically targets walkers this card is a waste. For 3 CMC you could be playing Call the Gatewatch instead.
- Oath Of Gideon: Honestly I've played with this card and it just doesn't do it for me, one extra counter generally doesn't help me at all and so it ends up being a dead card.
- Saving Grace: Again good tech, however you don't play a lot of creatures so 70% of the time this is going to fail to enchant a creature and die.
- Djeru, With Eyes Open: The only good part about this card is the tutor part, which again you can get from Call the Gatewatch at 3 CMC
- Exquisite Archangel: I'd advise running Stunning Reversal in its place, it's instant speed, it's less, and it allows you to take your opponent by surprise. With the angel they know that's a thing and a kill spell or board wipe deals with it.
- Resolute Archangel: I get why this card is appealing but I think it's unnessecary and doesn't add value to your deck and overall strategy.
- All the Fogs: Fogs or spells like fog, all just delay the inevitable. If someone is going to attack you and that kill you or your walkers wouldn't you rather just deal with their boardstate? I would.
- Deploy The Gatewatch: You need a majority percent of your deck to be walkers for this card to be effective, and even if you did have a good percentage there's such a possibility to wiff is just too great. I'd rather just play Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Sensei's Divining Top to control the top of my deck instead.
- Profound Journey: Creeping Renaissance is cheaper, and can be flashed back to do again. I get that it brings it to the Battlefield but it's only two cards out of your graveyard vs. dozens.
- Settle The Score: I get it, but just run Path to Exile and Swords to Plowshares, this card is just a "win more" card and it's too expensive to be effective.
- All of the banners: Replace them with Coalition Relic and Chromatic Lantern trust me this is a much better solution than the banners.
I'm going to offer some general suggestions. So... More board wipes as they don't effect you because you can continually pump out tokens every turn with your walkers. More staples, play with more big staples like Leyline of Anticipation, Cyclonic Rift and Rhystic Study. MOR WALKERS!!! You dont' even have a Tamiyo, Field Researcher the most broken of Walkers! More value, make sure your cards bring you as much value as possible; creatures like Arena Rector and Captain Sisay (walkers have been change to be legendary) and Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain all of those care about walkers.
Take a look at my deck and you can find a bunch of walkers, staples, boardwipes, and cards that are high value in a walker deck.
3 weeks ago
Example of turn 1 win's
- cast Mana Crypt
- cast Helm of Awakening
- cast Lotus Petal
- cast Mox Opal
- cast Mana Vault
- cast Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain
- cast Sensei's Divining Top
From here we basicly draw 2 cards for each artifact we cast and all spells cost less. There is no garantee it keeps going from here but if your lucky it does. While you keep developing the board, you should focus on making your artifacts cost less, draw and get more mana. For each such card you play, chanses to keep going from there goes up. Eventually your snowball becomes unstoppable.
For winning there are options. Aetherflux Reservoir is awesome because it will win you the game and since it's an artifact, it won't slow down your snowball. Laboratory Maniac is not only a game winner, knowing you have this card in your deck will also restore your sanity when you see your library shrinking like mad.
You could add more like ...
3 weeks ago
I'n not sure about playset Aetherflux Reservoir/Past in Flames either. They are pretty clunky cards and you don't need to resolve that many to go off. Would probably be prefer some consistancy spells like Serum Visions and Slight of Hand.