|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Rhythm of the Wild
Creature spells you control can't be countered.
Nontoken creatures you control have riot. (They enter the battlefield with your choice of a +1/+1 counter or haste.)
|Want (19)||NickBolas96 , Danielj111 , flipdipple , Tene_ , mistarilledawn , jmunda , Sternguard , Ouranos , Bogle , klafooti , hudsonw , originalzeek , Reliva , UnknownSky , Rampollo , avsimone , Barberini85 , enorman01 , jerboa256|
Rhythm of the Wild Discussion
1 day ago
A Ravnica Allegiance update for Prossh, He got some fun new toys in this set. In:
1 day ago
Also, it's not a Dino or a Dragon, but Spellbreaker Behemoth may be a good idea if you are going up against an unusually high amount of counter spells. Including your Commander, there are 17 creatures Spellbreaker will help protect from being countered. Might be worth looking into, just for that alone.
5 days ago
Cindervines is a must have in the sideboard, and as others have said, one-ofs are not great. Consistency is key - duplicate the cards you love, cut the cards you don't. Also, consider running 3 or 4 Growth-Chamber Guardian in your main board. Strong alone, and downright dirty in conjunction with Rhythm of the Wild (consider adding an extra Rhythm if you add the Guardians).
1 week ago
Holy shit, this deck is solid. Thank you VexenX for making this decklist. It's one of the best decks I've played in a long long time. Especially things like Gaea's Cradle go absolutely bonkers in this deck and really keep the ball rolling.
mpereira86 I've been playtesting almost this exact list for the past weeks. (Only thing I'm missing is a Mana Crypt, so replaced that one with a mana vault. I did change a few things since, like I said, our meta is a bit on the control heavy side. Boseiju, Who Shelters All is an absolute must, making all my ramp uncounterable. Tonight I used my Boseiju to play Tempt with Discovery to fetch my Cavern of Souls and the control player was done for. This deck has easily acces to those kinda lands and I never have the feeling I'm missing Rhythm of the Wild or something like that.
I've also cut Boundless Realms cause it felt like too much of a ramp. I often already had too much land out, that it generated no more value or it ramped so hard that it made all my other ramp spells dead cards or my fetches completely useless. For me it felt like it was more a disruption of synergy then it was actually providing a lot for me. I've replaced it for a Crop Rotation cause searching for A land card provides almost infinite more value.
I've cut 2 forests to go for a Wasteland and Boseiju, Who Shelters All . Since in my opinion when I dropped Boundless Realms I also felt more comfortable going down 2 basics. Next to that looping Wasteland + Strip Mine with a Ramunap Excavator and any of the 2 land drops a turn cards makes a real problem for your opponents.
I've also cut Evolving Wilds cause I have the feeling running 8 fetches is more than enough. I've replaced it with a Sylvan Safekeeper wich is absolutely retarded in any land matters deck. And often forces your opponents into a boardwhipe cause they can't remove only Omnath. And boardwipes are just fine :)
1 week ago
In terms of your maybeboard, it kind of looks like you want to build an enchantress deck. Being in white and green is a good place to be for that subtheme. Consider Argothian Enchantress , Enchantress's Presence , Mesa Enchantress , Satyr Enchanter , Verduran Enchantress , Guardian Project , Greater Good , Colossal Majesty , Elemental Bond , and Three Dreams as your draw package. Rhythm of the Wild , Ghostly Prison , Smothering Tithe , Zendikar Resurgent , Mirari's Wake , Courser of Kruphix , Burgeoning , Exploration , Sphere of Safety , Sunbird's Invocation , Aura Shards , Blind Obedience , True Conviction , Song of the Dryads , Darksteel Mutation , Grasp of Fate , Mana Reflection , Cast Out , Xenagos, God of Revels , Frontier Siege , Abundance , Duelist's Heritage , Defense of the Heart , Carpet of Flowers , and Unquestioned Authority become attractive.
1 week ago
Reckless Waif Flip has always been part of the “maybe list” for this deck. I really like her, but in practice she was usually “dead meat”. She would die so easily that sometimes she was not even worth the trouble. In comparison Village Messenger Flip had haste and evasion once transformed, this replacing her for good. Now with the inclusion of Rhythm of the Wild , she is way more appealing, and she has been moved to the side board. This lets me “transform” the deck into a way more aggro deck if needed, replacing some 3 or 4 mana drops.
Again, on Moonmist , great card, but not as good as a remove spell on the spot, or that burn spell that gets the last couple of life points off your opponent. However I have found it to be an amazing sideboard option.
Thank you very much.
1 week ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
1 week ago
This deck looks good, but I think you are running too few lands to have a consistent 3 land opener. Midrange decks need to cast a card pretty much every turn of the game and missing a land drop often means missing a turn of playing something. I would run 24 lands in a deck like this.
I am also wondering though if Domri's Nodorog and Domri, City Smasher are worth it? The Nodorog has very poor stats but maybe with the riot buff it is useful enough. Personally I'm a big fan of 4x Growth-Chamber Guardian in decks that run Rhythm of the Wild since you can give it a +1/+1 counter immediately as it enters the battlefield with riot to search up the next copy. It gives a deck like this a lot of staying power vs control.
Rhythm of the Wild occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.36%
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
RG (Gruul): 1.03%