|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Mina and Denn, Wildborn
Legendary Creature — Elf Ally
You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
, Return a land you control to its owner's hand: Target creature gains trample until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (28)||EdenGardenz , Dr.Jackel , Tiddilywinkus , TrackerD , voidruby , Regulus1010 , zn.tportlock , KB2187 , ecurps , Lucretian , TheAlmostHero , , AlucardZain , jparker-sartori21 , malachislick , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , Skydra2 , Riku580 , Fineontheoutside , bakeraj4 , golgarigirl , CampbellStev , Wolfebladeelite , miracle , JeremyTheMiner , AllDayTayTay , clayperce|
|Want (19)||Georgez96 , xafeara , metalevolence , samuelianstorm , twospires , Druidyczny , shootersam12 , richardmv , zn.tportlock , mini_tb , Supremespeed , mango_channel , Killer_Tofu , kovellen , SlickWizard , bluelink91 , jamiefosternz , itheoryz , cornonjacob|
Mina and Denn, Wildborn Discussion
16 hours ago
1) I had Scourge of the Throne in the deck, but would notice a couple problems. It says "for the first time each turn" which makes it sort of redundant or void if someone were to want to go infinite with it instead. I did play it instead of Hellkite Charger, but figured that Bear Umbra would help it go infinite should I have the mana open or hope it would survive until the next turn. Many people don't consider Hellkite Charger and Bear Umbra anyway. Secondly, I have had moments where, believe it or not, I had the highest life total of the table despite the Mana Vault, Mana Crypt and Sylvan Library, etc...
2) While I can appreciate the hexproof on Siege Behemoth, I don't actually have much problems in regards to single spot removal in my meta as much as I tend to deal with boardwipes and just straight up counters. Also, the cost of 7 mana is not really what I am looking for to deal 14 damage when I am looking for ways to kill at that point. I have focused more on trample as the main method to get damage through in the deck.
3) Traverse the Outlands would seem astounding in my deck until I noticed that my deck's curve just isn't that high. Cards like Malignus, Putrefax, Phyrexian Juggernaut, and Hydra Omnivore are already lower costing creatures for EDH/Commander that are made to kill with Xenagos, God of Revels and they merely cost 5 or 6.
4) Kessig Wolf Run is in there, because how could I not? The missing keyword on the general is clearly trample, so it is necessary to get the damage through.
5) I might consider Garruk, Primal Hunter again. I had taken it out because I did have higher costing green creatures like Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth and Worldspine Wurm. Those high-costing green creatures had since been taken out for more ways to cheat creatures into play like Survival of the Fittest, Sneak Attack, Fauna Shaman and Elvish Piper
6) I have a relatively high land count in part for consistency. I want to be able to get to 5 as quick as possible but still as reliably as possible, even if I don't have the greatest of opening hands. I also have a lot of ramp that relies on having plenty of land in the hand as well, so the relatively higher amount of land does matter when I am playing Lotus Cobra, Oracle of Mul Daya, Burgeoning, Exploration and Mina and Denn, Wildborn
1 month ago
Hydras are gonna need trample so that they aren't chump blocked. Nylea, God of the Hunt and Brawn are good for that. I also have a Savageborn Hydra and Apocalypse Hydra for you. Hydra Omnivore Is probably a must. We should look into things that interact well with counters. Doubling Season Is the high end of this. Rosheen Meanderer Or Xenagos, God of Revels would probably be a better commander so you can have access to red. That will give you access to things like Mina and Denn, Wildborn and Clan Defiance as well as Neheb, the Eternal and Decimate and Signal the Clans. Hindervines and Archetype of Endurance can help protect your creatures. The only other thing I would really change is to give yourself ways to deal with fliers! I have a lot of those cards. Looks good man! I'm excited for it to be done.
1 month ago
Looks good man. Here's some card suggestions, mostly on the cheap:
Oblation - shuffle opponents commanders, or whatever else
Swiftfoot Boots - your commander will be a removal target, give him hexproof
Sol Ring - Every EDH deck should have this card
Illusionist's Bracers - Every time you activate your commanders abilities, this gives you the same affect a second time
Basilisk Collar - This also works with the bolt ability. Turns the bolt into "Destroy target creature, gain 3 life"
Oblivion Ring - solid catch-all removal
Gratuitous Violence - Double the damage of your bolt ability and the damage of your creatures
Temur Sabertooth - If you have 12 lands, your commander, and this guy in play you get infinite mana, meaning you win the game.
Rampaging Baloths - one of the best landfall guys
Mina and Denn, Wildborn - Play extra lands, gives trample to creatures, and lets you return lands to activate landfall more
Darien, King of Kjeldor - just an awesome white bomb I ran across
Angel of Serenity - Kill everybody's commander, or temporarily remove any other threatening creature
Acidic Slime - solid removal that serves double duty
Harmonize - great green draw spell
Grow from the Ashes, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Nissa's Renewal, Peregrination, Untamed Wilds - all solid pieces of ramp. Your 2 CMC ramping elves are pretty slow and weak to removal/board wipes. Plus, using land ramp rather than creature ramp increases your commander's utility when it comes into play and makes getting that infinite mana combo easier. With infinite mana, you win the game if your commander is out and no one can remove it at instant speed.
Some of the weaker cards that I'd suggest removing: Akroan Hoplite, Polis Crusher, Relentless Raptor, Sylvan Primordial (this card is banned in EDH), Budoka Gardener, Quirion Elves, Skyshroud Elf, Sylvan Caryatid.
2 months ago
@Crashdasher, I used to run Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle when I ran 7 mountains when Mina and Denn, Wildborn was in the deck but found it lackluster even with the ability to bounce mountains back to my hand to replay. Only running 1 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle just doesn't do enough in multiplayer. If you're running a more red heavy Omnath variant then I think it could work for some incidental damage but not worth the slot in this variant in my opinion. You'll almost always want to get better lands with your Scapeshift anyway.
2 months ago
Hi scotchtapedsleeves, for now i am keeping the full +1/+1 tactic.
I also have a Narset deck that kinda abuses the extra turn tactics. My friends hate it...
I've updated the decklist
Added: Herald of Secret Streams & Shalai, Voice of Plenty
Removed: Mina and Denn, Wildborn & Fusion Elemental
2 months ago
I personally am a cheap ass, so my most expensive deck is either my Mina and Denn, Wildborn extreme rampdeck (Knock Knock Knock It's The Twins) or my Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker mill-walker deck (Mirko Vosk and his Friends present...). One was the remnants of an animar deck I built years ago and built up incredibly much and the other was a deck I built from scratch.
3 months ago
Hi, I came across your profile while researching for my Intet, the Dreamer deck and liked many of your ideas on brewing. I have finished the list so far and was wondering if you would care to look at my list and give me a few pointers.