Odric, Lunarch Marshal
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
At the beginning of each combat, creatures you control gain first strike until end of turn if a creature you control has first strike. The same is true for flying, deathtouch, double strike, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, reach, skulk, trample, and vigilance.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||Dr.Jackel , ecurps , Chandelier , Tiddilywinkus , asinausk , Hootiequack , RedSinR , sonnet666 , GoldGhost012 , mazrimtaim , KB2187 , Kvothe1115 , RedMulligan , Spinalripper , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , rakdos24 , zachi , Dredgar , , Mousemke , mcstang1986 , GeminiSpartanX|
Odric, Lunarch Marshal Discussion
3 hours ago
If your running creature/creature token heavy I recommend Odric, Lunarch Marshal to give Atraxa's nice quartet of flying/vigilance/deathtouch/lifelink to every other creature you have during combat. Doesn't seem that's the way this deck is going though.
Experiment Kraj is another fun one to throw into the mix. Lots of combinations possible. Run a Gilder Bairn alongside him with your gyre sage out... and with enough +1/+1 counters on kraj he goes infinitely powerful and can infinitely double counters on any permanent. But like I said... lots of things you can do. Bare minimum throw a +1/+1 counter on Atraxa and now Kraj is proliferating just like she does.
13 hours ago
I am building her in a very similar fashion. You can see what I did here:
One thing I did try and do was give blanket vigilance. Her tokens have it, and if you have Odric, Lunarch Marshal in play other things will as well, however she doesn't have it normally and her large indestructible butt is too nice to not have blocking.
1 day ago
Changed up a few things after playing testing a few times, some combos I wanted to work didn't but other really did. Odric, Lunarch Marshal + Vampire Nighthawk + Athreos, God of Passage. Life gain for days
1 day ago
With all the keyword abilities why not add in Odric, Lunarch Marshal?
2 days ago
No problem. A general strategy for Commander is you want cards that give you longevity in a game, like playing a card like Phyrexian Arena instead of a standard draw spell like Read the Bones. Arena generates you more value after your 3rd upkeep and onward. The faster your meta, the more you will probably gravitate to instant reward cards which allow for a more responsive game. While I'm thinking about it, there are a few more cards that are really good for going wide; Avenger of Zendikar, Hornet Queen, Coat of Arms, and Overwhelming Stampede tend to make token decks a lot stronger. Also I'm surprised you aren't running haste enablers like Fervor and Fires of Yavimaya, or Odric, Lunarch Marshal to clone saskia's vigilance and haste to your board.
4 days ago
To make the deck faster, you could add another 2-drop (e.g. Hamlet Captain or if you can afford it Duskwatch Recruiter Flip ) and some more combat tricks or removal (e.g. Blessed Alliance, Aim High, Repel the Abominable, Strength of Arms, Survive the Night, Prey Upon)
I suggest to cut Ulvenwald Mysteries, which only hekps in very long, grindy games and Neglected Heirloom Flip despite its synergy with Avacynian Missionaries Flip. Save it for the werewolf tribe, they have no trouble flipping it.
4 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!