|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Odric, Lunarch Marshal
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
At the beginning of each combat, creatures you control gain first strike until end of turn if a creature you control has first strike. The same is true for flying, deathtouch, double strike, haste, hexproof, indestructible, lifelink, menace, reach, skulk, trample, and vigilance.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Odric, Lunarch Marshal Discussion
1 day ago
Odric, Lunarch Marshal works very well with Atraxa's 4 abilities, giving them to all your creatures.
3 days ago
You might like these: Deserted Temple + Chance for Glory + Angel's Grace (alongside Sunforger, Mistveil Plains, and enough mana, these cards allow you to take infinite turns. Infinite turns! in Boros!), Spellbinder (pretty rad with T's P), Bludgeon Brawl , Sunbond , Cradle of Vitality , Inquisitor's Flail , Sequestered Stash , Scrap Mastery , Open the Vaults , Hellkite Tyrant , Odric, Lunarch Marshal , Bastion Protector , Commander's Insignia , Valduk, Keeper of the Flame , Kemba, Kha Regent , Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor , Brass's Bounty , Prying Blade
6 days ago
2 weeks ago
Hey, there's a mono white archetype in Modern called Soul Sisters. What you have here is a twist on that strategy.
The Sisters are Martyr of Sands , Soul's Attendant and Soul Warden . These are the repeatable life gaining sources to give you a consistent source of life gain and a consistent play turn one. Martyr is a fast way to gain life to activate Serra Ascendant or pump Ajani's Pridemate . Ascendant is by far your best threat to win a game and reason to want to gain life; Martyr can get you to 30+ life fast.
Squadron Hawk is a good two drop with this strategy giving you four potential creatures to gain life with and it has flying. Hawk is like draw putting up to three cards into your hand which is good with Martyr to have a better opportunity to gain life with her since you will have more white cards in your hand. I also like the interaction of Martyr and Lone Rider Flip as a way to gain three or more life for one mana.
Flying is the best evasion you can give the rest of your attacking creatures with Odric, Lunarch Marshal and he does seem good with Ajani's Pridemate , but I think 4x Odric is too much. Odric as a four drop isn't good by himself, he requires other creatures to be good to use his combat trigger. You only want to cast Odric if you have an established battlefield of creatures to get his combat trigger and having a flier helps too.
Hawk seems better here than Aerial Responder since Hawk fills your hand with creatures and it also has flying. Tokens are good with the Sisters; Spectral Procession is three flying Spirits for three mana. Procession with a Warden or Attendant on the battlefield can pump Pridemate at least three times. For three mana Procession seems more impactful than Ritual of Rejuvenation . 4x Ritual, 4x Revitalize and 2x Reviving Dose seems too many cards for this effect and Revitalize is better than the others. Gaining life and drawing is important, but creatures are more important.
Cards to consider adding:
- 4x Martyr of Sands
- 3x Soul's Attendant
- 4x Squadron Hawk
- 3x Spectral Procession
- 1x more Secluded Steppe
Cards to consider cutting:
- 4x Ritual of Rejuvenation
- 2x Reviving Dose
- 4x Aerial Responder
- 3x Auriok Champion
- 1x Odric, Lunarch Marshal
- 1x Lone Rider
Attendant being a one drop I think is better than the color protections of Champion who is a two drop and both have the same repeatable life gain ability. Champion could be a sideboard card, but not sure you even need him. Champion and gaining life is great hate against mono red and burn, but the strategy here is gaining life even without Champion. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
What I am seeing is that you have a lot of solid cards that are great in a vacuum, but not a whole lot of cards that actually work well with one-another. In others words you don't just lack combo, you also lack synergy. The issue with a deck like this is that you may be casting spells and expanding your boardstate every turn, but you aren't doing anything impactful to the game.
- You may feel like you are going off, but really you are just playing random cards.
What you lack, overall, are bombs. You need cards that immediately threaten the presence of the game such as Craterhoof Behemoth .
However, your Commander is Captain Sisay , so I am going to suggest specifically Legendary spells. This in turn gives you synergy between your Commander and the rest of your board.
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope ; A strictly better version of Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
- Bow of Nylea : Increases the danger of attacking into you. Trust me, when players see this thing on the field, it immediately halts aggression
- Dosan the Falling Leaf : Stops blue decks in their tracks
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger : Toward the end of the game, this is effectively a 1-2 turn clock. What I mean is, if you play Ghalta after a wrath, he will take down an opponent typically in 1 or 2 attacks. If you play him before a wrath, you threaten entire boardstates as players will need to double and even triple block to absorb the damage. And if he gets countered, so what? You only paid for him, anyway. At least, in most cases
- God-Eternal Oketra : You are running a lot of creatures. This should be main-boarded with no exceptions
- Karametra, God of Harvests : She allows you to ramp by playing creatures. The hidden power of Karametra is that by taking lands directly from your deck, you thin your deck down. This in turn increases the probability of drawing into powerful cards sooner rather than later
- Konda, Lord of Eiganjo : Effectively an 8/8 you can swing with and block with every turn. Just this alone makes opponents rethink attacks because they know they will lose at least one thing. This means they must attack with two creatures, knowing at least one will die
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence : Snuffs out creature-focused combo decks
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal : Overall a powerful synergy piece once your boardstate is robust enough
- Parhelion II : Solid boardstate generator
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty : Stops a lot of midrange decks
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger : Gross
- Yeva, Nature's Herald : Play in response to actions. Give your opponents the least amount of time to react to your spells
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn : Deadly beater
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
I run a Samut Legends deck and Odric, Lunarch Marshal does a lot of work. It’s hard for most decks to deal with vigilant, hasty, double striking fliers for long.
Samut + Odric + Archangel of Thune is especially beautiful.
1 month ago
I am working on building a Knight deck and trying to figure out synergies. I am having trouble wrapping my head around how protection works between creatures on your team. Looking at Phyrexian Crusader with Protection from white would it be able to Receive any benefit from white cards that buff all creatures/knights such as Knight Exemplar , Kwende, Pride of Femeref or Odric, Lunarch Marshal . Also would an enchantment that hits all creatures such Always Watching have any interaction with him?
Odric, Lunarch Marshal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%