Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price 2%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.6||$1.51||$3.29||$3.32||0.01 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (33)||timckmorse , JoshebBasshebeth , coreyadam , jwe94 , nighthawk101 , GoldGhost012 , MonsGoblinTrader , Surferdunks , rockleemyhero , orangemysticbird , maR2307 , a_murpheus , travis1643 , gildan_bladeborn , StevenPJobs , Hootiequack , Siegetherhino , saj0219 , TheHroth , pskinn01 , LordJello , Toshikei , Squillis , Yigstrandil , djsniperwolf , TheRealPeaches , philktoken8998 , ajmcnulty , davidmassee , zachi , GoofyFoot , Mogar , ckplanes|
|Want (7)||evilandrex , Roxmysox32 , osake , Arashisenko , dhgarcia , CubanCigars , RealShoppingCart|
Bow of Nylea Discussion
45 minutes ago
Servant of the Scale and Bond Beetle also play really well with Avatar of the Resolute, letting you have a 4/3 reach trample on turn 2. This also works with Simic Initiate, who can give you a 5/4 on turn 2 at the cost of losing a 1/1.
Bow of Nylea is a good sideboard card for the really really grindy matchups where you have mana to spare, it's also good against Burn.
Cytoplast Root-Kin is an interesting 4-drop that gives you an additional buff to creatures when it enters the battlefield, but I think Abzan Ascendancy is better, since it semi-protects against boardwipes.
Genesis Hydra is also cool because it basically gives you a free card in this deck if you cast it for X = 3. Or you could run Hooded Hydra, which functions similarly to Hangarback, but I would advise against running both Genesis and Hooded in one deck.
Necroplasm is an interesting card with the capacity to grow infinitely if you give it a +1/+1 counter before its third trigger.
Scavenging Ooze is always good,
Retribution of the Ancients is an interesting card that gets around indestructible, but more removal is probably just better.
Witchstalker is also good.
Sorry, mega card idea dump.
5 days ago
If i have a 4/4 Savageborn Hydra and a Bow of Nylea in play and i attack the defending player has a 5/5 creature he blocks will the hydra kill it on first strike or will he kill the hydra in normal damage and if i give my hydra trample can i assign 1 damage to the defending creature and the other 7 to trample?
1 week ago
I know you mentioned you were on a budget, but I strongly suggest trying to pick up a few Copperline Gorge for this. I love the idea of Domri Rade, and also I love the idea of a Loaming Shaman, even over something like Bow of Nylea because of it enters the battlefield effect. Fulminator Mages will settle back down to about $30 dollars I think, but I do suggest picking them up once you see a drop. I'm holding off on certain purchases for now because nobody really knows what is in store at the pro tour. Nice build though keep up the good work! I'd really also suggest Krosan Grip for the sideboard, it might seem innocuous, but has great utility against things like tron or affinity. Cheers!
1 week ago
I love cheap decks! For $8, you have an excellent little deck. Where you take it will depend A LOT on what you want to focus on. But I think that no matter what you do, Abzan Charm is almost an auto include.
If you want to do more with the +1/+1 counters theme, consider things like (in no particular order): Abzan Falconer, Hardened Scales, Travel Preparations, Common Bond, Bow of Nylea, Gavony Township, Champion of Lambholt, Fleecemane Lion, Avatar of the Resolute, Fertilid, Inspiring Call, Solidarity of Heroes, Retreat to Kazandu, Bond Beetle, Champion of the Parish, Mikaeus, the Lunarch, Hunger of the Howlpack, Slitherhead, Thrive, Warden of the First Tree, Ordeal of Heliod, Drana, Liberator of Malakir.
Abzan colors contain the Orzhov subset, so lifegain, lifedrain, and graveyard recursion are all themes worth exploring and incorporating, depending on your taste. Basilica Screecher, Tithe Drinker, Syndic of Tithes, Kingpin's Pet, Blind Obedience, Suture Priest, Blood Artist, Vampire Nighthawk, Vizkopa Guildmage, Vault of the Archangel, Drana's Emissary, Phyrexian Reclamation, Behemoth Sledge, Loxodon Warhammer, Armadillo Cloak, Chalice of Life Flip, Sun Droplet, Oversold Cemetery, Eternal Witness, Athreos, God of Passage, Font of Return. I'd recommend Glissa, the Traitor if you end up playing with enough artifacts/artifact creatures.
There are a few cards that combine multiple themes. Kitchen Finks is super annoying for opponents when combined with +1/+1 counters. Karlov of the Ghost Council can quickly lock the board in your favor you gain a lot of life and/or can otherwise put a lot of +1/+1 counters on it. Martial Coup is hilarious combined with Blood Artist and Abzan Ascendancy. Deathrite Shaman is an incredible general utility card. Scavenging Ooze is another graveyard hate card. Great control cards include Pernicious Deed, Gaze of Granite, and Abrupt Decay.
White is probably the most well-rounded color. There's lots of utility to be mined, depending on what you think you need to balance out the deck. You can never go wrong with an Oblivion Ring, Banishing Light, or Swords to Plowshares.
Have fun and good luck!
1 week ago
I will be playing a Pixies Stixs deck (Lantern Control) at the GP Detroit in march, the meta is looking more and more aggro. From Fish to Affinity to Naya zoo. Everyone and there mother is running hate for Affinity and GR Tron, and most of it hits my deck, so I am wondering what cards to run in my side board?
Suggestions are welcome! Thanks guys!
1 week ago
the cascade spell/border post needed
most of the sideboard cards
Used against an opponent counterspell to protect Restore Balance, means getting at least another counterspell out of the way, maybe the opponent's hand
I am going to try it
1 week ago
putting balance on bottom of library is usefull in end game, 1or2 bow is as good as 1 Mistveil Plains + 2 fetchs
you don't need the 2 spirit token to activate
you can activate it with Blood Moon in play
1 week ago
Sorry, guys. Had a very long day today and am quite tired. I'll have to check your decks tomorrow with more detail.
In place of those I'd add Archfiend of Depravity, Bonehoard, Bow of Nylea, Deadbridge Goliath, Death's Presence, Golgari Signet, Necromantic Summons, Terra Stomper and Ulamog's Crusher, from your Sideboard. 9 cards, leaving 2 free slots so far. Seriously, I'd get some of the stuff you got on your maybe.
On a side note, do you buy the dual decks and the commander decks? Although a bit expensive, they do come with stuff you might enjoy and save you the trouble of buying singles.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- trample + deathtouch
- Is trample+deathtouch insta kill with damage still going through?
- Returning Primordial Hydra from the graveyard to the battlefield and a +1/+1 counter.
- Hunt the Hunter / Bow of Nylea / attacking creature
- what will happen if i have a Bow on Nylea on the field and in my declare attackers step i play a fight card
- Bow of Nylea + Fangren Firstborn
- Bow of Nylea + Roar of Challenge
- Bow of Nylea + Tundra Wolves
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Eidolon of Blossoms
- Bow of Nylea + Trail of Mystery
- Archetype of Courage + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Prophet of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Courser of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Champion of Lambholt + Twilight Drover
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Forgestoker Dragon
- Bow of Nylea + Dryad Arbor
- Bow of Nylea + Naturalize + Windstorm
- Bow of Nylea + Soul Collector
- Bow of Nylea + Brave the Sands
- Bow of Nylea + Treetop Village
- Bow of Nylea + Lure
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hunt the Hunter
- Bow of Nylea + Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Bow of Nylea + Gratuitous Violence
- Bow of Nylea + Goblin Rabblemaster
- Bow of Nylea + Ovinize + Simic Manipulator
- Bow of Nylea + Inferno Titan
- Apocalypse Hydra + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hardened Scales
- Bident of Thassa + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Arashi, the Sky Asunder + Bow of Nylea + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Bow of Nylea + Captain Sisay + Mindslaver
- Bow of Nylea + Marath, Will of the Wild
- Bow of Nylea + Fulminator Mage
- Bow of Nylea + Wildfire Cerberus
- Bow of Nylea + Hornet Nest
- Bow of Nylea + Fathom Mage + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Daghatar the Adamant + Warden of the First Tree
- Bow of Nylea + Tuskguard Captain
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Timber Protector
- Bow of Nylea + Surrak Dragonclaw
- Bow of Nylea + Snake Umbra
- Bow of Nylea + Harbinger of the Hunt
- Ashcloud Phoenix + Bow of Nylea + Life's Legacy
- Bitterblossom + Bow of Nylea
- Anafenza, the Foremost + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hooded Hydra + Life's Legacy
- Bow of Nylea + Wren's Run Packmaster
- Bow of Nylea + Scythe of the Wretched + Triskelion
- Agoraphobia + Bow of Nylea + Simic Manipulator
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Singing Bell Strike
- Bow of Nylea + Golgari Charm
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Fanatic of Xenagos
- Bow of Nylea + Polukranos, World Eater