|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- trample + deathtouch
- Is trample+deathtouch insta kill with damage still going through?
- Returning Primordial Hydra from the graveyard to the battlefield and a +1/+1 counter.
- Hunt the Hunter / Bow of Nylea / attacking creature
- what will happen if i have a Bow on Nylea on the field and in my declare attackers step i play a fight card
Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||gildan_bladeborn , bradyofportdetroit , redlegs_17 , REV666 , Tiddilywinkus , ZombieFood , rockleemyhero , GoldGhost012 , LoneCrusader399 , Venser_the_Sojoner , pskinn01 , , maR2307 , Paradise_Collectibles|
Bow of Nylea Discussion
2 days ago
I think I may have the man for you. well Pair of ogres, maybe just ogre? Doesn't really matter, Ruric Thar, the Unbowed. Though on initial appearances he doesn't look like the commander you are looking for. He truly is what you've described, see you run him toolbox creatures for removal, like Reclamation Sage, Acidic Slime, Spellbreaker Behemoth, Ulvenwald Tracker + Bow of Nylea and our new friend Manglehorn. Throw in some mana dorks and a Blood Moon and you can summon anything you want and your opponents can't do jack. nice thing is, you're running Gruul. You got mana ramp like crazy , some fun planeswalkers, The god of doubling damage, and some cool stompers. Anyone tries to stop you with a counter they take 6 commander damage! I feel like this might be what your looking for. A lot of stompy control with plenty of aggro.
4 days ago
Besides flavor, Bow of Nylea ought to be included for the slew of effects it gives you. Blocking is now very undesirable for opponents, plus it shoots down smaller flying creature, and shuffles cards from your graveyard back into your library. Utility is everything in EDH.
Rishkar's Expertise is an insane EDH card that should be acquired while the price is still low. Draws you a crapton of cards, then you can play something from your hand with mana cost 5 or less, which potentially includes a card you just drew into.
Hydra Omnivore is a stellar card for when you're facing off multiple opponents; bully the player with the weakest board state to ensure everyone else will be clocking in 8 damage every swing.
Garruk's Packleader is a great way to keep your engine running, by maximizing off the creatures you're playing and drawing you into more big creatures.
Where's Acidic Slime? One of the best green cards in EDH for sure. Deathtouch + artifact/enchantment/LAND removal? Sign me up!
Genesis Hydra is a great two-for-one, lets you play something huge off the top of your deck when you've ramped enough, and sticks around as a pretty big creature.
Zendikar Resurgent is excellent for lategame gas, plus it makes your X-spell Hydras more insane.
5 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
6 days ago
1 week ago
@Wyrmweird: What's your sideboard look like? I stuck 2 Overgrown Tombs in mine, with some Abrupt Decays and Dismembers. That helped a lot when dealing with not just flying, but also a wider variety of threats.
I've also thought about using Hurricane. Not only can you wipe the entire field of fliers, you can also use it as a finisher on your opponent. Corrosive Gale/Firespout/Skyreaping/Windstorm are the other wrath effects. There's also the Hurricane effects on things like Tornado Elemental.
Bow of Nylea is another option, especially since it does so much stuff.
I'm partial to using a creature, though. It means you can get it by using Summoner's Pact, Lead the Stampede, etc. Silklash Spider, Arashi, the Sky Asunder, Cloudthresher, and Tornado Elemental are what exist in Modern to my knowledge.
1 week ago
This is pretty sweet. Love the name!
Myojin of Life's Web 9 mana is a lot but potentially very very worth it!
Bow of Nylea does literally everything you could possibly want.
Mossbridge Troll Can attack for 25. Basically indestructible.
Stonehoof Chieftain makes all your dudes indestructible and gives them all trample on top of that. (While attacking anyway)
1 week ago
Yea it went up a few dollars from adding the two Bow of Nylea and something else, easily can be reduced from removing the special lands though or taking those back out. I mostly used Lorescale Coatl over that because of the multi color to trigger shorecrasher and the price but I do really like Chasm Skulker