Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
|Want (2)||Ilikemajic , andrewleexd|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Bow of Nylea occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
- trample + deathtouch
- Is trample+deathtouch insta kill with damage still going through?
- Returning Primordial Hydra from the graveyard to the battlefield and a +1/+1 counter.
- Hunt the Hunter / Bow of Nylea / attacking creature
- what will happen if i have a Bow on Nylea on the field and in my declare attackers step i play a fight card
Bow of Nylea Discussion
multimedia on Ghalta
1 week ago
Hey, very good budget version of Ghalta. Less than $100 at TCGPlayer is impressive.
Some card upgrades to consider:
Garruk, Primal Hunter > Soul's Majesty
Garruk can be a repeatable Majesty and it has other abilities as well as devotion.
Yorvo, Lord of Garenbrig > Loathsome Chimera
Yorvo starts as a 4/4 and it can grow as more creatures you control ETB.
Shared Summons > Migration Path
Can afford to cut a land ramp spell for a creature tutor and this tutor can get two different creatures.
Bow of Nylea > Monstrous Step
Repeatedly give attacking Ghalta deathtouch can be a one sided board wipe if opponent is forced to throw all of his/her creatures to block Ghalta. Giving the Unicorns and Breaker deathtouch can also be a one sided board wipe and these creatures want to attack.
Castle Garenbrig > 1x Forest
Powerful land for ramp with green creatures.
Regrowth > Survivors' Bond
There's only two Humans here and Regrowth can recur any card.
Hunter's Insight > Life's Legacy
Insight is instant doesn't require you sac the creature to draw.
Skyshroud Claim > Ranger's Path
Same CMC, but Skyshroud puts the Forests you get onto the battlefield not tapped.
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Before I dive into the responses, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to comment.
- Emerald Medallion/Rhonas's Monument - bring in mono green, I have no way to search for these to get them out early and after turn 4 they really become a dead draw. The deck generates an insane amount of mana when I get going for better utility that I can use at any point in the game.
- Nyx Lotus - I hate that it enters tapped. I've been on the fence about it, and if I ever pull one or trade for one, I'll test it. It also runs counterintuitive to Collector Ouphe which I try to keep out as often as possible to hinder my playgroup.
- Bow of Nylea - deathtouch is rarely needed, Ohran Frostfang is ran mostly because of the passive draw ability it has. I am running this in my budget deck though since it doesn't generate mana like this version does. I do plan on testing it in this version eventually for the other abilities though.
- Brawn/Nylea, God of the Hunt/Nylea's Forerunner/Primal Rage/Roughshod Mentor - between kamahl and hoofy, these are unneeded.
- Citanul Hierophants/Cryptolith Rite - I ran hierophants for a long time when I first made the deck and eventually dropped it. Outside of my mana dorks, I dont tap the creatures for mana, so it just became unnecessary.
- Embodiment of Insight - I dont turn my lands into creatures unless absolutely necessary. So this doesn't really help my playstyle.
- Sword of the Animist - it's a great card, I just don't use equipment in this deck. No real reason for it, I dont even run Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves.
- Vivien's Arkbow/Elvish Piper - both on the list to playtest.
- Overwhelming Stampede/Overrun - ran stampede for years in the deck and eventually dropped it for more utility. My commander does overrun at instant speed so I wont waste a slot on the actual overrun card.
- Beastmaster Ascension - haven't really considered it to be honest. I dont need it offensively, but could be useful to help keep my mana dorks alive from mass damage spells. I'll have to play around with it.
- Rogue's Passage - unneeded. When I swing, I get through.
- Reliquary Tower - already in the deck.
- Pir's Whim - I just recently discovered this card for another deck and plan on playtesting it in this deck.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary - on the maybe list, I'll eventually playtest it.
- Harmonize - I have better draw spells for only 1 additional mana.
Again, thank you for all the suggestions, I greatly appreciate it.
3 weeks ago
I love this deck though i have to wonder why some cards are not in here if you could find room fair enough or if you though that this doesn't need them again fine. Emerald Medallion and/or Rhonas's Monument for cheaper spells and creatures now I know green can ridiculous amounts of mana so these are not the most important but the monument does give a creature a mini Overrun each time you cast a creature spell. Nyx Lotus which just a second slower Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for more ramp, Bow of Nylea Which gives the passive ability of Ohran Frostfang as it never hurts to have redundancy a few time to have something to fall back on but also give you these really nice modal options the best for this deck are the add a +1/+1 counter on a creature each turn which helps trample, And the Put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order for reusable cards as I didn't see anything that lets you use the graveyard as a resource and like it been apart of every green deck I seen because of it utility. Things that give creatures trample other than your commander things like Brawn, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Nylea's Forerunner, Primal Rage or Roughshod Mentor things like that. Citanul Hierophants or Cryptolith Rite for more mana. Embodiment of Insight as it such has a high synergy level with your commander. Sword of the Animist for repeatable forest searching which also helps thin your deck so your draw abilites become more useful. Vivien's Arkbow or Elvish Piper for free creatures. Overwhelming Stampede as it has a great synergy with your commander. you mention over Overrun and that would be a great addition to this deck as would Beastmaster Ascension which I always seen as an auto include. May take out a forest for Rogue's Passage as unblockable creatures in decks like this are no joke. I would do the same for a Reliquary Tower for unlimited hand size, mostly for those people that are running forced draw card decks like Nekusar, the Mindrazer or similar decks. I would also run Pir's Whim for a few reason, 1. it give you the ability to search for a non-basic land, 2. it can target more than just one artifact or enchantment (though you don't get to choose) and 3. it a little politics to your deck you can make deals with other players so they can be friends instead of foes until you are ready to deal with them. And finally both Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Harmonize for more draw power
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Another batch of cuttable creatures, the premise is simple either they don't progress counters plan or are too expensive for what they do: - Conclave Naturalists - Armorcraft Judge - Avatar of the Resolute - Nimbus Swimmer - Skatewing Spy - Tuskguard Captain - Blighted Woodland - AEtherize - Bow of Nylea - Uncage the Menagerie - AEtherspouts - Durable Handicraft - Hunt the Weak - Recross the Paths - Winding Way - Rhonas's Monument
1 month ago
Ok hmmm i have a new suggestion in light of your comments =) what about adding Bow of Nylea and Inspiring Call. I know spots are tight, but you already have 2 of other creatures putting out +1 counters, maybe that's too few outlets for a payoff like this? Thoughts?