|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- trample + deathtouch
- Is trample+deathtouch insta kill with damage still going through?
- Returning Primordial Hydra from the graveyard to the battlefield and a +1/+1 counter.
- Hunt the Hunter / Bow of Nylea / attacking creature
- what will happen if i have a Bow on Nylea on the field and in my declare attackers step i play a fight card
Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bow of Nylea Discussion
2 days ago
Pir adds to any counters, not just +1 counters.
Bow of Nylea for counters
3 days ago
bloodygripen Your loop uses Hope of Ghirapur. The only problem with this loop is that you can't sacrifice it unless you've dealt combat damage to a player. Sure you can bring it back with Bow of Nylea, but u unless you have a sac outlet, you cannot continue the loop.
4 days ago
Agreed 6ixer. I personally really like her as run 3 of her in my mono green "Believe in your Elf" deck that apparently you've already commented on already. As far as it being the best it can be I Wouldn't do much differently other than swap my Immaculate Magistrates or more Ezuri, Renegade Leader and/or Bow of Nylea and trade Wrap in Vigor for Heroic Intervention.
6 days ago
3 weeks ago
Sorry I'm just now getting to your question about sideboarding!
I'm not sure on sideboarding for this deck, as it's much more Aggro than Ponza (which is my normal RG deck). But here are a few cards you may want to playtest:
- UW Control: I like Blood Moon, Choke, and Thrun, the Last Troll, in that order. I think you'll find any of those are better than Bow of Nylea vs. Control. Guttural Response is probably better too.
- Humans: I just bring in as much removal as possible ... Lightning Bolt, Abrade (which can also hit their Aether Vials), Anger of the Gods, and Beast Within have been all-stars. Between your Bolts and Elementals, you may not need much else. Torpor Orb is interesting and seems like it'd REALLY mess with them. Watch out though, since it will also mess with your Primal Forcemage.
- Burn: I prefer lifegain effects ... stuff like Dragon's Claw, Scavenging Ooze (which also doubles as Graveyard hate), and Kitchen Finks.
- Mill: Bow of Nylea is good here. Or Wheel of Sun and Moon (which also doubles as Graveyard hate), if the deck decomes a real problem ...
- Light removal: I don't really worry about it tbh ... I'd personally rather use the slot for an extra threat.
Also, though these aren't really part of your meta atm, here are a few more thoughts:
- Graveyard: I like Scavenging Ooze (great, but slow), Relic of Progenitus (good), and Grafdigger's Cage (stops Collected Company too). Tormod's Crypt (fast but very narrow) and Wheel of Sun and Moon are options as well.
- Artifacts: Ancient Grudge is just superb. I sometimes run Destructive Revelry (also hits Enchantments) and Beast Within (hits everything) too.
- Lands-matter (decks like Tron, Valkut, and Amulet Titan, plus most Tri-color manabases): Blood Moon.
Compared to your current sideboard, I'm not honestly sure if any of these would fit better in your deck, playstyle, or budget. But it's some things to think about at least :-)
3 weeks ago
Decree of Justice cycle it for solidiers and a card or use it to pay an army of angels. Devout Invocation makes an angel for each creature you want to tap. Entreat the Angels for when you need a miracle. Song of the Dryadsturn any pesky permanent into a land. Darksteel Mutation turns a pesky creature into an indestructible 0/1 with no text box. Eldrazi Monument and Bow of Nylea can make your tokens incredibly scary.
3 weeks ago
I'd recommend running Elvish Visionary and Titania's Chosen somewhere in there, probably take out the Vizier of the Menagerie and/or a Bow of Nylea and/or a couple Presence of Gond's. Also, I recommend adding Lys Alana Huntmaster and Harmonize for extra fuel. Add Umbral Mantle for infinite mana.
4 weeks ago
Thanks much, and yeah Bow of Nylea has proven to be surpisingly effective.