Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$0.65||$1.4||$3.17||$3.3||0.02 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (28)||ajmcnulty , pskinn01 , philktoken8998 , TheRealPeaches , HavokX , jwe94 , gildan_bladeborn , SaintJamez911 , rockleemyhero , saj0219 , TheHroth , 8vomit , nighthawk101 , benjibot789 , scrotality , Xathrid845 , tiaomaster , , Surferdunks , Boogiep0p , PepsiAddicted , Nadill , travis1643 , Hootiequack , Silverf1sh , CastleSiege , EmblemMan , Squillis|
|Want (8)||Ciz_Moloch , killzoid23 , RealShoppingCart , ApocTroll , Arashisenko , Roxmysox32 , JoshebBasshebeth , dhgarcia|
Bow of Nylea Discussion
2 days ago
Something that I would suggest is removing some of your duel lands like Opal Palace. You will never have mana problems because all of your ramp and fetchlands.
I think Bow of Nylea is unnecessary. Your 5/5 dudes blow up for 3 more damage when they die, making them pretty much a 8/5 on the block. That kills 90% or everything already.
It is really difficult to not play cards in your deck that revolve around Titania, Protector of Argoth (like Sylvan Safekeeping, in which case I would run Swiftfoot Boots if you really needed that protection).
3 days ago
I'm unsure if I want the elders now, I don't think I can fit them in, since the new adjustments require lots of "forests", and they won't be able to mana fix in a pinch without hurting my manabase slightly.
3 days ago
- Wolfir Silverheart
- Worldspine Wurm
- Hall of Gemstone (moved to a more casual group)
- Kodama's Reach
- Bow of Nylea
Looking to put in:
4 days ago
Have you considered putting Bow of Nylea for boardwhipe + buffing/life ?
4 days ago
After this loong comment I finally have some suggestions for you on what to add:
- Seedborn Muse: Do the offense -> attack -> untap -> be still in the defense -> smile
- Soul of the Harvest: It is no beast but it gets you more beasts and it is a big hitter
Now for your defense:
You play white so where are your reset buttons?
- Wrath of God + Day of Judgment + Austere Command: This will keep you alife in critical situations. In commander you simply need some reset options
- Beast Within + Path to Exile + Swords to Plowshares: This will keep of nasty things that annoy you.
Lastly you need more ramp. More ramp means sure ramp wich means being faster and this equals pure and strong pressure with your big hitters:
- Explosive Vegetation + Kodama's Reach will be good additions to your already existing ramp spells.
- Basalt Monolith + Grim Monolith + Mana Vault: This may need some explanation. Those 3 purely exist to get you mana fast. They do not exist for a constant mana flow. They will be untapped once you have the spare mana. And especially in the early turns they will push you far ahead. Just think about playing a Rampaging Baloths in turn 3. This is a nightmare (for your opponents).
Lastly I am missing 3 very fun cards here:
- Lurking Predators: nothing to say here
- Hunting Ground: same as above
- Bow of Nylea: Trample + deathtouch = 1 damage for the blocking creature and the rest for your opponent. (Yes it works. I looked it up. trample + deathtouch is a cruel combination)
I hope this helps.
1 week ago
Twilight Mire was originally in the deck but taken out because I took out Bow of Nylea and no longer needed GG. I definitely would not put in 4 (I've been in the place of opening hand Woodland Cemetery and Twilight Mire) but two is a possibility. Maybe even just one. I'll look into it.
1 week ago
First question I'd like to ask is what format you want this deck for. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the format system, but in each format, there are basically different rules on which cards can be played. From the deck you've put together so far, it looks like Modern, so let's just go with that for now.
The next question is: what do you want your deck to do? From what you wrote in the description, I think the idea is to1) ramp up (increase the amount of mana you have available) quickly with lands, and then cast big hydras to destroy the opponent. 2) control the board by destroying your opponent's creatures.
So, again, let's go with that.
Now, let's look at how each card in your deck achieves that.
Cards I Would Cut
The immediate ones that strike me as unnecessary are Pharika, God of Affliction, Vampire Nighthawk, Zulaport Cutthroat, Garruk, Apex Predator, Scavenging Ooze and Bow of Nylea. To me, these cards do not help achieve your goals. There are also various issues with each, and if you'd like to know the details of why I don't think they're suitable just drop me a message.
Now let's start from the bottom and look at your land base. Colour wise, I think you've balanced it pretty well. I understand this deck is probably built on a budget, so you may not be able to buy things like Verdant Catacombs or Overgrown Tomb, but there are also cheaper alternatives such as Woodland Cemetery or Llanowar Wastes that you might like to check out. However, I would suggest increasing the number of lands to 24+. Since this deck is a landfall deck, you want to make sure you hit your land drops. If landfall becomes a bigger theme, you may also consider some amount of Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse to benefit from the extra landfall triggers.
I mentioned earlier that I think your ramp creatures are fine. I would suggest, however, looking into cards that allow you to increase the number of lands on the field rather than tapping for mana. This would have the added benefit of triggering landfall e.g. on Oran-Rief Hydra. Some cards you may consider are Farseek, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Explore.
I feel that you have too wide a spread of hydras in your deck. Certainly, Mistcutter Hydra is great against a blue deck, and Polukranos, World Eater is good against a weenie deck, but since you're playing only 1 of each, the chances of you drawing them in a given match are extremely small. I'd suggest choosing the 2 best hydras you have and playing more copies of each. You're also playing too few hydras to draw into them consistently, with only about 60% chance to draw into these by turn 4. With the Modern format being the way it is, it's very likely that they will get killed immediately after hitting the board. I'd increase the number of hydras and also include some number of Summoning Trap or Chord of Calling.
I think your removal package looks ok as it is. My only concern is Hero's Downfall which costs bb to cast. With your mana base the way it is, this may be a little difficult. GB decks also have the best removal available to them. May be a little pricey, but take a look at Maelstrom Pulse and Abrupt Decay.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to disagree with me!
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Bow of Nylea + Fangren Firstborn
- Bow of Nylea + Roar of Challenge
- Bow of Nylea + Tundra Wolves
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Eidolon of Blossoms
- Bow of Nylea + Trail of Mystery
- Archetype of Courage + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Prophet of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Courser of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Champion of Lambholt + Twilight Drover
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Forgestoker Dragon
- Bow of Nylea + Dryad Arbor
- Bow of Nylea + Naturalize + Windstorm
- Bow of Nylea + Soul Collector
- Bow of Nylea + Brave the Sands
- Bow of Nylea + Treetop Village
- Bow of Nylea + Lure
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hunt the Hunter
- Bow of Nylea + Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Bow of Nylea + Gratuitous Violence
- Bow of Nylea + Goblin Rabblemaster
- Bow of Nylea + Ovinize + Simic Manipulator
- Bow of Nylea + Inferno Titan
- Apocalypse Hydra + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hardened Scales
- Bident of Thassa + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Arashi, the Sky Asunder + Bow of Nylea + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Bow of Nylea + Captain Sisay + Mindslaver
- Bow of Nylea + Marath, Will of the Wild
- Bow of Nylea + Fulminator Mage
- Bow of Nylea + Wildfire Cerberus
- Bow of Nylea + Hornet Nest
- Bow of Nylea + Fathom Mage + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Daghatar the Adamant + Warden of the First Tree
- Bow of Nylea + Tuskguard Captain
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Timber Protector
- Bow of Nylea + Surrak Dragonclaw
- Bow of Nylea + Snake Umbra
- Bow of Nylea + Harbinger of the Hunt
- Ashcloud Phoenix + Bow of Nylea + Life's Legacy
- Bitterblossom + Bow of Nylea
- Anafenza, the Foremost + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hooded Hydra + Life's Legacy
- Bow of Nylea + Wren's Run Packmaster
- Bow of Nylea + Scythe of the Wretched + Triskelion
- Agoraphobia + Bow of Nylea + Simic Manipulator
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Singing Bell Strike
- Bow of Nylea + Golgari Charm
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Fanatic of Xenagos
- Bow of Nylea + Polukranos, World Eater