|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- trample + deathtouch
- Is trample+deathtouch insta kill with damage still going through?
- Returning Primordial Hydra from the graveyard to the battlefield and a +1/+1 counter.
- Hunt the Hunter / Bow of Nylea / attacking creature
- what will happen if i have a Bow on Nylea on the field and in my declare attackers step i play a fight card
Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
Bow of Nylea Discussion
1 week ago
What I am seeing is that you have a lot of solid cards that are great in a vacuum, but not a whole lot of cards that actually work well with one-another. In others words you don't just lack combo, you also lack synergy. The issue with a deck like this is that you may be casting spells and expanding your boardstate every turn, but you aren't doing anything impactful to the game.
- You may feel like you are going off, but really you are just playing random cards.
What you lack, overall, are bombs. You need cards that immediately threaten the presence of the game such as Craterhoof Behemoth .
However, your Commander is Captain Sisay , so I am going to suggest specifically Legendary spells. This in turn gives you synergy between your Commander and the rest of your board.
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope ; A strictly better version of Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
- Bow of Nylea : Increases the danger of attacking into you. Trust me, when players see this thing on the field, it immediately halts aggression
- Dosan the Falling Leaf : Stops blue decks in their tracks
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger : Toward the end of the game, this is effectively a 1-2 turn clock. What I mean is, if you play Ghalta after a wrath, he will take down an opponent typically in 1 or 2 attacks. If you play him before a wrath, you threaten entire boardstates as players will need to double and even triple block to absorb the damage. And if he gets countered, so what? You only paid for him, anyway. At least, in most cases
- God-Eternal Oketra : You are running a lot of creatures. This should be main-boarded with no exceptions
- Karametra, God of Harvests : She allows you to ramp by playing creatures. The hidden power of Karametra is that by taking lands directly from your deck, you thin your deck down. This in turn increases the probability of drawing into powerful cards sooner rather than later
- Konda, Lord of Eiganjo : Effectively an 8/8 you can swing with and block with every turn. Just this alone makes opponents rethink attacks because they know they will lose at least one thing. This means they must attack with two creatures, knowing at least one will die
- Linvala, Keeper of Silence : Snuffs out creature-focused combo decks
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal : Overall a powerful synergy piece once your boardstate is robust enough
- Parhelion II : Solid boardstate generator
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty : Stops a lot of midrange decks
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger : Gross
- Yeva, Nature's Herald : Play in response to actions. Give your opponents the least amount of time to react to your spells
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn : Deadly beater
2 weeks ago
I think you need a bit more ramp to speed up the deck. You're playing green--why are you running the signet over more durable land ramp, especially when you only have 35 lands here? Rampant Growth , Nature's Lore , Cultivate , Diligent Farmhand , Wood Elves , Farhaven Elf , and Solemn Simulacrum are all cards I would pick before the signet. These will help you get Sigarda out sooner and give you staying power for the late game.
Also, if you're up against Sheoldred regularly, you might want to consider some more graveyard hate, like Scavenger Grounds , Tormod's Crypt , and Sentinel Totem . Sigarda will keep you from sacking but she won't prevent them from reanimating.
I would also swap one of your artifact/enchantment removal spells for Return to Nature , since it can exile something targeted by a reanimate effect.
Since you're aura-focused here, I would also think about Battle Mastery .
As for what you could cut to make room for some of these suggestions, I'd think about Flower / Flourish , Unflinching Courage , Dromoka's Command , Devouring Light , Indestructibility , Darksteel Plate , Bow of Nylea , and maybe one or two other targeted removal spells. You have a lot here.
3 weeks ago
Mdmaster13 I haven't decided on sideboard changes yet, but how does this look for mainboard updates?
3 weeks ago
Okay. I'm the Reddit dude. Sorry for the wait. Life interfered and I didn’t have a great opportunity to write this, so my b. Here's what I'd try messing around with. I'll do my best to keep suggestions budget
Removal Naya Charm is a fog, removal spell, mass unblockablility, and a Regrowth all at once. Worth it. Generous Gift and Beast Within are also solid open-ended removal spells. Oblation , Chaos Warp , and Swords to Plowshares should do the rest
Draw Add Beast Whisperer , Guardian Project , and some other spells that draw off creatures. Your deck has so many creatures - might as well turn them into cantrips. Primordial Sage and Lifecrafter's Bestiary also come to mind. Maybe a Vivien Reid as removal and draw all in one, if you feel like splurging a bit?
Boardwipes, removal, ramp, draw - That’s the general stuff that each deck needs simply to function
Here’s some more niche stuff I think your deck could use
Protection Kindred Boon and Eight-and-a-Half-Tails are good at protecting your creatures, and what makes them better is that the're activated abilities - to say, your werewolves won't flip but you’ll get to spend your mana
The Other Stuff I really like Cult of the Waxing Moon , Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves , Bow of Nylea , Mastery of the Unseen and Boros Charm . Bow synergises particularly well with your commander, making blocking a lose-lose situation. Mastery of the Unseen is a solid mana sink, so you’ll have something to do on the turns where you don’t want to flip your wolves. Boros Charm ’s just insanely more versatile than it appears
Ok. This comment’s long enough as is, so I’ll take my leave. If you want a hand making cuts, though, feel free to comment and I’ll try to get back to you quicker this time :)
1 month ago
Hey man, love your list!
I'm running a Reki myself and been having tons of fun with it. If I may just drop some suggestions here:
Honor-Worn Shaku , my god this over performs in many ways. It's no legendary but it works well with any legendary.
Sakiko, Mother of Summer This beast pumps out heavy mana in your second main phases and has great synergy with your Omnath, Locus of Mana . I'd switch her with Sashi, Daughter of Seshiro. You don't have that much snakes or shamans to make her that important imo.
The Great Henge Is jsut ONE of those cards..
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger Because salty tears taste best with Vorinclex on the field.
Nissa, Worldwaker just the +1 to untap FOUR FORESTS.. and let's not get started over the -7. There are many other planeswalker I run in my deck but this one definitely stands out for me.
Bow of Nylea has so much possibility's and potential in an entire EDH match, don't underestimate this card.
Hua Tuo, Honored Physician Helped me get some stuff out of the graveyard lategame. Pretty awesome.
1 month ago
Really like this idea for her as the commander, I'll look into it a bit and give some recommendations.
Tendershoot Dryad will make a saporling during each upkeep meaning if it isn't taken out fast you will end up with an army of 3/3 plants.
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood is a good land for after you make a lot of green tokens because it will put a counter on each one that entered that turn.
Beacon of Creation will give you a large board late into the game and will shuffle back into the library after being cast.
Bow of Nylea is a cool card that can make your creatures difficult blocks by giving them all death touch as well as giving you some value with the tap ability.
1 month ago
Funny you mention the swords, I've been finding them less and less useful because they are just too expensive to cast and equip... I have them in here as a later game solution to bring back creatures like Groundbreaker to hopefully close out the game but this is a rare occasion. I've considered Bow of Nylea a long time ago when the deck was in its earlier stages but didn't know how to squeeze them in and then nearly forgot about the card all together! Now that you've pointed out this card again I think its a perfect opportunity to replace the swords. Thank you for the recommendation Balinor5 :)
Bow of Nylea occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%