Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.73||$1.34||$3.07||$3.51||0.01 TIX||0.19 TIX|
|Have (63)||Timelord-Planeswalker , abdulbaqr , pskinn01 , addaff , Tanis44 , xzavierx , ThisIsBullshit , gurthang034 , Haxxzor , Spinalripper , jwe94 , Raistlin911822 , GureiSeion , ducttapedeckbox , ickyickywickywicky , MUTEDM1ND , CastleSiege , TrystonSpencer , rockleemyhero , saj0219 , ATREYUty , Surferdunks , Gigglebox , alchemist4533 , titaniumturtlex , 8vomit , BlackLusterLotus , benjibot789 , ThomasonBowwow , davidmassee , Derpachus , lillanaa , myDownfall , PepsiAddicted , FrostDefiance , MMK0042 , apailhorseneameddeath , burroughsrl , scare983 , AlbinoLion , The Doctor , g0dcomplex , rmorrissey99 , stephen1212 , VGMtheVagabond , Necrotize , Selcath , StevenPJobs , Arleccino1313 , SevynnthDimension , Pyro1191 , Dr.Kourin , K8ARO , LordJello , AzulHunter , Fatred , hash-brown , fred91097 , Hootiequack , guerillarage , bradyofportdetroit , Gatherix , Timocalypse|
|Want (7)||brokenclock , Gman6664 , shadowhound14 , Kryzis , Luthor , The_Typhoon , ElginU1613|
Bow of Nylea Discussion
2 days ago
I'm making a mono green devotion deck after seeing all the great green cards in standard. So here's what I came up with. My deck:
my goal is to ramp to get Dragon out early or Genesis Hydra in to a Dragon. Then set up more devotion and put out the Nylea combo Bow of Nylea and Nylea, God of the Hunt.Please give any suggestions, except polukranos and courser. Not doing those.
2 days ago
Garruk Relentless Flip is a must, and maybe Mayor of Avabruck Flip for a cheaper mana and actual price version of Master of the Wild Hunt, since that card is kinda expensive. If you can manage to flip Avabruck, by say having an off turn, you not only get wolf tokens, your wolves get a boost too. (and Immerwolf already prevents him from flipping back) Also, instead of Crater's Claws, I would personally run Clan Defiance since you can target a flying creature, a non-flying creature AND the opponent with the same burn, or Red Sun's Zenith because it shuffles back into the deck, ready to be used again. Bow of Nylea also helps when you're on the attack, but I don't know if there's a spot to fit it in this deck.
My wolf deck is mono-green, and Garruk is one of the best cards in it.
2 days ago
Here's what I suggest as some sideboard cards to provide more solid answers:
1x Bow of Nylea
Something along those lines. Those cards give you strong ways to work around your matchup. The Bow, Display of Dominance, and Nissa give you a strong late-game for control matchups. The Winds, Arbor Colossus, and Tactics answer any other aggro/mid-range matchup. Naturalize gets rid of any pesky permanents you can't eat with Poly. Also putting in a second Bow against Burn will just make your life total recover from their spells.
Your mainboard seems like a pretty strong list, well done. +1
2 days ago
As a Whip player, I'll mention that Commune with the Gods isn't necessary to fuel the graveyard. It is card selection, but it uses up 2 mana without affecting the board state. I'd recommend dropping them for 3 Kolaghan's Command and the 4th Courser of Kruphix. The command gives you removal for your opponent's early X/2 creatures without wasting Downfall or Cut plus whatever other mode you decide to use.
Atarka, World Render seems a little lack luster here. Sure, you can Whip it back and maybe crash for 12, but your opponent is likely to kill it before the combat step to prevent that. Drop them for 2 Tasigur, the Golden Fang.
Instead of Frontier Siege, how about Thunderbreak Regent? If you go Wayfinder > Courser > Siege/Whip, you've essentially done nothing for 4 turns. Regent gives you an aggressive play for T4, as well as being a decent Whip target. If your opponent wastes removal on it, they will still take 3 damage and you will gain 3 life.
To fuel Tasigur and Cut, you should include more fetches. Drop the life gain lands for those.
For your sideboard, I'd start by swapping out Bow of Nylea for Nylea's Disciple. The lifegain and counters are too slow, the 2 damage is irrelevant most of the time, and you don't want to shrink your graveyard. Your opponent will probably bring in enchantment/artifact removal for G2, so don't give them any more value.
I'd also like to see some number of Thoughtseize or at least Duress in the sideboard for control. You currently have nothing relevant for that matchup. I suggest making the Whip into a 3rd Hero's Downfall for control (Ashiok and Ugin), as well as any other planeswalker-heavy deck you might go up against.
2 days ago
Zidasar instead of just flaming the OP, why don't you offer something to improve the build, rather than just tell him it's bad? You need to take notes from the other users, who actually provide suggestions and advice to help him do better in his games. Stop being BM. One of the things that makes this website so great is the people who make up the community. We offer solutions to problems for our fellow users, rather than drop the anchor on a sinking ship.
Anyway, my two cents (for what it's worth) on Palace Siege is that it is unnecessary. If you see a lot of control at your lgs, I could maybe see the include, but to me a Bow of Nylea is more versatile and would do more work for you, even in a control matchup (as well as the aggro matchup). If they try to stonewall you with defenses, the Deathtouch makes quick work of them. If they are constantly killing your creatures, recycle them back into the deck and crack a fetch. Plus it gains you life as well, and control typically is still aiming to get you to zero life. I think people overlook how good the Bow can be against control, since it typically used to combat aggro decks. It's also worth noting that the gain 3 life basically negates Ugin's +1 to your face, which has become the popular way that control decks are winning. It will basically force them to minus Ugin to get rid of it, buying you more time if nothing else.
Speaking of overlooked cards, I think Hooting Mandrills would do some good work in this deck. After a Commune, you can drop that bad boy for 1 mana and still have mana open to do whatever else. I think it would be worth trying out. Plus he Tramples which makes it pretty good to Whip him in the later game.
3 days ago
This is a much different play style than my Sisay deck, but I could suggest Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker or Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant. I see it in your Maybeboard but Bow of Nylea synergizes with Sisay nicely as a reanimation combo; or you could try Hua Tuo, Honored Physician.
And lastly, Skyship Weatherlight is a great method of digging out wincons (assuming it doesn't get destroyed).
4 days ago
With all the new DTK cards out there I once again start looking into the viability of a casual EDH deck that abuses the fight mechanic. Obvious inclusions would be Bow of Nylea, Archetype of Finality, Basilisk Collar, Domri Rade, Gruul Ragebeast, Foe-Razer Regent, Magus of the Arena, and Ulvenwald Tracker. So far no obvious commanders or builds seem to stand out to me. Gruul is obviously necessary to get the most out of fight, but maybe Jund would be the best for the easy inclusion of deathtouch. Right now I'm thinking about ramping into dragons for their evasion, and the synergy between pinging and deathtouch. I'm not married to the idea, and the inclusion of multiple ramp spells threatens to cut out a lot the the space the fight instances and sorcerries want to use. Has anyone else tinkered with this?
|Avg. draft pick||2.15|
|Avg. cube pick||2.72|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Bow of Nylea + Whip of Erebos
- Bow of Nylea + Thorncaster Sliver
- Archetype of Courage + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Masticore
- Bow of Nylea + Polukranos, World Eater
- Assemble the Legion + Bow of Nylea + Hold the Gates
- Bow of Nylea + Zameck Guildmage
- Bow of Nylea + Fabled Hero
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Courser of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Fleecemane Lion + Noble Quarry
- Bow of Nylea + Glare of Heresy
- Bow of Nylea + Burning Anger
- Bow of Nylea + Forgestoker Dragon
- Bow of Nylea + Wildfire Cerberus
- Bow of Nylea + Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Bow of Nylea + Return to the Ranks
- Bow of Nylea + Nylea, God of the Hunt + Polukranos, World Eater
- Bow of Nylea + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Bow of Nylea + Greater Good + Woodfall Primus
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea + Take
- Bow of Nylea + Vorel of the Hull Clade
- Bow of Nylea + Noble Quarry + Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Bident of Thassa + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Golgari Charm
- Bow of Nylea + Ensoul Artifact
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea + Give / Take
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Phalanx Leader
- Bow of Nylea + Fangren Firstborn
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hunt the Hunter
- Bow of Nylea + Tuskguard Captain
- Bow of Nylea + Scythe of the Wretched + Triskelion
- Bow of Nylea + Gratuitous Violence
- Bow of Nylea + Goblin Rabblemaster
- Bow of Nylea + Soul of Shandalar
- Bow of Nylea + Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- Bow of Nylea + Roar of Challenge
- Bow of Nylea + Lure
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Fanatic of Xenagos
- Ajani's Pridemate + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Crowned Ceratok
- Bow of Nylea + Life's Legacy
- Bow of Nylea + Hooded Hydra + Life's Legacy
- Ashcloud Phoenix + Bow of Nylea + Life's Legacy
- Apocalypse Hydra + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hardened Scales
- Bow of Nylea + Cranial Archive
- Bow of Nylea + Trail of Mystery
- Bow of Nylea + Naturalize + Windstorm
- Bow of Nylea + Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Arashi, the Sky Asunder + Bow of Nylea + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Bow of Nylea + Captain Sisay + Mindslaver
- Bow of Nylea + Shockmaw Dragon
- Bow of Nylea + Tundra Wolves
- Bow of Nylea + Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile
- Bitterblossom + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Dryad Arbor
- Bow of Nylea + Treetop Village
- Bow of Nylea + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Bow of Nylea + Hydra Broodmaster
- Bow of Nylea + Brave the Sands
- Bow of Nylea + Fulminator Mage
- Bow of Nylea + Ovinize + Simic Manipulator
- Agoraphobia + Bow of Nylea + Simic Manipulator
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Prophet of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Fathom Mage + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Singing Bell Strike
- Bow of Nylea + Surrak Dragonclaw
- Bow of Nylea + Daghatar the Adamant + Warden of the First Tree
- Bow of Nylea + Timber Protector
- Bow of Nylea + Hornet Nest
- Bow of Nylea + Snakeform
- Bow of Nylea + Snake Umbra
- Bow of Nylea + Harbinger of the Hunt
- Bow of Nylea + Corpsejack Menace
- Bow of Nylea + Citadel Siege