Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.5||$1.47||$3.15||$3.41||0.01 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (34)||Virlym , EmblemMan , , jwe94 , GoldGhost012 , TheRealPeaches , Surferdunks , RazortoothMtg , dexxter7 , nhallen37 , benjibot789 , ThisIsBullshit , Jelatinator , Represser , pskinn01 , CastleSiege , SeventhSin , Nadill , StrugglePeter , GriffinRider , LiberateKarn , Tiddilywinkus , OverloadBeta , PepsiAddicted , davidmassee , gurthang034 , saj0219 , HavokX , katchoo , Seraphim755 , Vergil_Redgrail , GureiSeion , abdulbaqr , Boza|
|Want (8)||yokushin , dhgarcia , Dear-Ambellina , JoshebBasshebeth , Roxmysox32 , golgarigirl , ApocTroll , osake|
Bow of Nylea Discussion
1 day ago
I play a trample/deathtouch mono-green and I couldn't recommend more Bow of Nylea enough
1 day ago
I've used this last night in my LGS. It became a prey because my meta was heavy with Aggro. Went 0-3.
Round 1 (vs G/W Megamorph)Game 1: They have a main board Dromoka's Command. When they saw the Sphinx's Tutelage they went wide. I wasn't able to stabilize in time.Game 2: I was able to stall the game with the Savants but when they were able to have their Deathmist Raptor and Den Protector and Ajani, it was game already.
Round 2 (vs Mono-Red Aggro)Eidolon of the Great Revel was dropped in the second turn for both games, which made it difficult to stabilize. I was basically beaten by a Lightning Berserker. A very bad matchup for this deck.
Round 3 (vs G/R Dragons)Game 1: Early ramp had him 3rd turn Thunderbreak Regent, 4th turn Stormbreath Dragon won him the game.Game 2: Post board, nearly won. I had 2 tutelage out and Was able to have 6 triggers thanks to Treasure Cruise, BUT he responded with activatingBow of Nylea and returned his fetches at the bottom of his library, not causing him to mill out.
Extra playtest (vs Boss Sligh)Won 2 games out of 5.The games that I won was due to my opponent stuck with 2 lands and couldn't flood the board. I was also able to Languish in one of the games. In the 2nd game that I won, I was able to destroy my Savant enchanted with Fruit with 2 Tutelage in play for 12 triggers which was GG for him.
So basically, I think against Midrange and Control decks, this has good chance, but in a meta with a lot of aggro, choose a different deck to use.
2 days ago
Hey kchedges, thanks for the tips. I had been thinking the same thing about the bow, so I'll take one out. I hadn't noticed too much of a mana problem last FNM, barring one unlucky game, but at the same time I realise my old green decks used to have a lot more ramp, and perhaps I haven't adjusted the land count to support this change. I think I'll replace the 1 Bow of Nylea for 1 Forest, and see how it goes!
2 days ago
Hm. I could do another spec video, if you guys would like. I did one on Theros rotation a little while back. The short of it is:
(All the gods. Picking them up for a buck apiece is a steal, as they are very popular in casual edh play. Even the not-so-great ones! I could easily see them going upwards of 8-10 bucks mostly, which is a great turn of profit for a 1 dollar investment.)
(note that most of the planeswalkers will probably see a dip and then some rise. They mostly have great casual appeal, like Ajani, Mentor of Heroes.)
Journey to Nyx:
Born of the Gods:
Chord of Calling, Ob Nixilis, Unshackled, Hushwing Gryff, Sliver Hivelord, Perilous Vault, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Waste Not (the community never really got their created card to work quite right in standard, but it's potential makes it a solid pick at it's current and soon-to-be low cost.) Genesis Hydra (it's inclusion as a pack promo limits how much it can be a bit, but it's got the nuts to make it.)
And... that's it. There are other decent cards that I didn't mention, but those are the ones I'd keep an eye out on. If you see em' in people's binders come rotation, don't hesitate too much to snap em' up!
2 days ago
Hey I love the deck I have been playing something very similar. My first suggestion would be to drop the Bow of Nylea to a 1-of. It's a fantastic card but it's expensive and nobody likes a dead card in your hand. Next would be to drop your curve lower or add a land or two. Just my advice as I've been playing my deck, Standard Mono Monster Mash, in tournament play for a few weeks now. 22 land just won't be consistent enough to land your Whisperwood Elementals and Surrak, the Hunt Callers and Polukranos, World Eaters. Not that you can't have those cards, you just need to keep the number down.
3 days ago
@notamardybum, what do you think about Essence Warden and Witchbane Orb for burn? I put Bow of Nylea to help with burn but i think that it would also help against creatures decks. Make them think twice about blocking my 1/1; to bad it is only attacking creatures.
4 days ago
On the subject of Greater Auramancy / Fountain Watch, I distest shroud. Having either of those on the field would completely shut down Xenagos, God of Revels, Nylea, God of the Hunt, and Thassa, God of the Sea's activated abilities. Not to mention Bow of Nylea and a couple of my planeswalker's abilities. I would use Privileged Position way before using the other two.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Bident of Thassa + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Trail of Mystery
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Fangren Firstborn
- Agoraphobia + Bow of Nylea + Simic Manipulator
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Prophet of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Lure
- Bow of Nylea + Champion of Lambholt + Twilight Drover
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Forgestoker Dragon
- Bow of Nylea + Inferno Titan
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Soul Collector
- Bow of Nylea + Hunt the Hunter
- Bow of Nylea + Tuskguard Captain
- Ashcloud Phoenix + Bow of Nylea + Life's Legacy
- Bow of Nylea + Scythe of the Wretched + Triskelion
- Bow of Nylea + Gratuitous Violence
- Bow of Nylea + Goblin Rabblemaster
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Fanatic of Xenagos
- Bow of Nylea + Surrak Dragonclaw
- Apocalypse Hydra + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hardened Scales
- Bow of Nylea + Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Arashi, the Sky Asunder + Bow of Nylea + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Bow of Nylea + Captain Sisay + Mindslaver
- Bow of Nylea + Treetop Village
- Bow of Nylea + Hooded Hydra + Life's Legacy
- Archetype of Courage + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Bow of Nylea + Fulminator Mage
- Bow of Nylea + Wildfire Cerberus
- Bow of Nylea + Ovinize + Simic Manipulator
- Bow of Nylea + Hornet Nest
- Bow of Nylea + Fathom Mage + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Timber Protector
- Bow of Nylea + Snake Umbra
- Bow of Nylea + Golgari Charm
- Bitterblossom + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Roar of Challenge
- Anafenza, the Foremost + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Wren's Run Packmaster
- Bow of Nylea + Marath, Will of the Wild
- Bow of Nylea + Naturalize + Windstorm
- Bow of Nylea + Brave the Sands
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Singing Bell Strike
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Eidolon of Blossoms
- Bow of Nylea + Daghatar the Adamant + Warden of the First Tree
- Bow of Nylea + Dryad Arbor
- Bow of Nylea + Polukranos, World Eater