Bow of Nylea
Legendary Enchantment Artifact
Attacking creatures you control have deathtouch.
1G, T : Choose one -- Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature; or Bow of Nylea deals 2 damage to target creature with flying; or you gain 3 life; or put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$0.4||$1.36||$2.99||$3.45||0.01 TIX||0.02 TIX|
|Have (32)||Surferdunks , ThisIsBullshit , EmblemMan , ducttapedeckbox , AJ@THE@MAN , HavokX , Giratina7 , Tiddilywinkus , benjibot789 , AlucardZain , abrnt1 , nhallen37 , StrugglePeter , jwe94 , sunsleader , pskinn01 , abdulbaqr , saj0219 , CastleSiege , nintendowryyy , davidmassee , Vergil_Redgrail , Raistlin911822 , Ryuho121 , TrystonSpencer , gurthang034 , alittlex , 8vomit , LordJello , Boza , Tanis44 ,|
|Want (2)||Gman6664 , Malaki59|
Bow of Nylea Discussion
14 hours ago
some suggested cards to add (cards range from very cheap to fairly expensive, but 16 of these are under $3 as this is marked as budget, but just mentioning the others):
Asceticism - gives your creatures hexproof, and you can regenerate them.
Cyclonic Rift - one sided board wipe(although it only puts them back to their hands, but late game its good.
Thousand-Year Elixir - reuse creature abilities like your commander
Ring of Three Wishes - reusable tutor - you can just put more counters on it
Magistrate's Scepter - get it to 3 counters, double them, take another turn, repeat till win.
Lux Cannon - repeatable permanent destruction is good, being able to get it use it once a turn is great.
Everflowing Chalice - good ramp with this commander.
Eternity Vessel - double the counters, play land, double life, or just play land reset life.
Bow of Nylea - easy way to put counters on creatures.
Astral Cornucopia - another good ramp card for this commander.
Rite of Replication - there are so many good targets for this card in this deck
Sapphire Drake - giving almost everything you control fling is great
Prophet of Kruphix - being able to reuse your commander on each of your opponents turns is great.
Murkfiend Liege - same as above, but doesn't untap lands
Lighthouse Chronologist - extra turns after each opponents turn is good too.
Kalonian Hydra - doubling all creatures counters on attack is good also.
Gyre Sage - ramp is good with this commander right.
Crowned Ceratok - what's the point of having really big creatures, if they can just block it with a 1/1
Spike Weaver - Fog for days in this deck, and another way to put counters on creatures without any.
Seedborn Muse - again, untapping and reusing your commander is good
Primal Vigor - doubling the counters added is great, but be careful of how your opponents will benefit.
Doubling Season - great for this deck, but my most expensive suggestion.
Sol Ring - best commander ramp, should be in any deck that is mana intensive (such as your commander is).
Evolution Vat - easy way to get counters on things that don't have them like the commander of the Master Biomancer
1 day ago
You picked some nice cards there. I've been out of the game for a while, so I am having trouble thinking of all the good cards for your deck. I do remember a few though: Ooze Flux, Feed the Pack, Bioshift, Throne of Geth.
A card that deserves special attention is Bow of Nylea. It is very variable, gives deathtouch, which goes well with trample, produces counters, deals with fliers, and can even recover your health or your deck. It's a one-card toolbox.
A simple set of Fog might be a better choice for the early game protection. Dawnstrider will not only cost you a card each time you use it, it will also not work before turn 3. Cast in turn two, summoning sickness, first possible use in opponents turn 3. Cards like Spark Elemental will not be waiting for that.
Slumbering Dragon is great in a counter deck, but I think that adding red to your mana base is destabilizing it too much for those lonely three creatures to be worth it. I would either expand on red cards, maybe by adding cards with hybrid costs (like Pit Fight to deal with fliers) or remove it from this deck.
The same can be said of black. Corpsejack Menace is a vital card in the deck, but maybe some cards like Deathrite Shaman, Slitherhead or Rendclaw Trow might help you get more value out of your black mana. As an alternative, you could get some Doubling Season and just run mono-green.
Strionic Resonator copies triggered effects. Please note that the effects of Corpsejack Menace and Vigor are not triggered effects, but replacement effects. It will work just fine with Kalonian Hydra, Fungal Behemoth, Slumbering Dragon and Death's Presence though.
About mana base design:
- In low-level casual play, you can often get away with playing the cheapest taplands like Golgari Guildgate. Some others like Temple of Malady will grant additional effects.
- The next step up would be adding check lands like Woodland Cemetery, but with a sufficient number basic lands to let them enter untapped.
- You could also use slower fetches like Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse.
- When you're starting to get serious, you can go for shock lands like Overgrown Tomb. Note that those have basic land types like the old dual lands, but are not basic lands. That allows them to be searched with cards like Treefolk Harbinger or some fetches.
- Finally, you can get fetches like Verdant Catacombs. Those can dig any basic land or shock land out of your library with no delay. However, at this point the prices will probably begin to hurt badly. Not worth it for casual play IMO.-there's a few other kinds of lands, like animated lands, pain lands, bounce lands etc. More info here.
Hope that helps you a bit.
2 days ago
I once consider making this deck upon seeing Dromoka's Command but decided against it.
Cards I suggest :
2 days ago
Hey dude! Sorry for getting back to you so late. I'm interested in your foil Chinese blinkmoth nexus. Unfortunately, the griselbrand was traded about a week before you requested it.
If you are interested in Korean cards, I have the following cards in Korean:
Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver (note that there was a set-wide misprint with the Korean Ashioks. They all have her plus ability as +1, not +2 as it should be)
The U/B and W/B temples
The G/W god.
4 days ago
Neko069 Great input, thank you! And thanks for the +1!
In answer to your question, as per the Magic rule book, a creature entering the battlefield with counters is considered as having counters placed on it, so Servant of the Scale will trigger off of Hardened Scales.
And I'm mixed on Tuskguard Captain. He certainly isn't the ideal card for the slot, but there are many situations in which I find I really need my creatures to have trample. But it's still a toss up. Considering the recent rise of R/G Devotion and Bant Midrange decks, mainboard Bow of Nylea is probably better. Going forward I will probably switch these cards interchangeably depending on what I expect the meta to be.
4 days ago
Good deck man! +1 for me!
Some things I wonder...
Does Servant of the Scale and Avatar of the Resolute trigger Hardened Scales?? I mean, it looks like they enter the battlefield with a counter already on them, it's not like "a counter would be placed on" them, as the enchantment goes...I'm not so sure, just asking if the Servant goes 2/2 on turn 2 if an enchantment was deployed on turn 1.
Both Incremental Growth and Inspiring Call have a high percentage of being 'dead cards'. If your board has been swiped, or you are responded with a Bile Blight for example, both cards may do nothing at all. You cannot risk that. Tricks are perfect the way they are now in this deck. it's very effective as it is.
Finally, I don't think Tuskguard Captain is a bad card, I mean, he gives trample to other creatures, he doesn't even need to 'Outlast'. However, he is a bad card when you don't have creatures with counters on it, imagine a board with Hardened Scales, Elvish Mystic, and a Boon Satyr. You really wouldn't like to draw this guy. IMO, I'd mainboard Bow of Nylea instead. This enchantment gives deathtouch. If your creatures get blocked by a Siege Rhino or a Thunderbreak Regent, they'll remove them out of combat. If opponent doesn't want to risk his creatures, you're making way for them to Become Immense, or to put more counters on them (Artifacts have 'haste') and keep on striking. It's a win-win situation. Plus, what if opp uses an annoying bird Hushwing Gryff? Well, you can kill it with the bow. And you also don't need to consider blocking an attacking Siege Rhino or a Deathmist Raptor: bow will heal you at EOT. Plus, you get better devotion compared to the creature.
See? I find it waaay more useful than Tuskguard Captain :)
|Avg. draft pick||2.14|
|Avg. cube pick||2.74|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Bow of Nylea + Whip of Erebos
- Bow of Nylea + Thorncaster Sliver
- Archetype of Courage + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Masticore
- Bow of Nylea + Polukranos, World Eater
- Assemble the Legion + Bow of Nylea + Hold the Gates
- Bow of Nylea + Zameck Guildmage
- Bow of Nylea + Fabled Hero
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Courser of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Fleecemane Lion + Noble Quarry
- Bow of Nylea + Glare of Heresy
- Bow of Nylea + Burning Anger
- Bow of Nylea + Forgestoker Dragon
- Bow of Nylea + Wildfire Cerberus
- Bow of Nylea + Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Bow of Nylea + Return to the Ranks
- Bow of Nylea + Nylea, God of the Hunt + Polukranos, World Eater
- Bow of Nylea + Craterhoof Behemoth
- Bow of Nylea + Greater Good + Woodfall Primus
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea + Take
- Bow of Nylea + Vorel of the Hull Clade
- Bow of Nylea + Noble Quarry + Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Bident of Thassa + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Golgari Charm
- Bow of Nylea + Ensoul Artifact
- Bioshift + Bow of Nylea + Give / Take
- Ainok Bond-Kin + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Phalanx Leader
- Bow of Nylea + Fangren Firstborn
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hunt the Hunter
- Bow of Nylea + Tuskguard Captain
- Bow of Nylea + Scythe of the Wretched + Triskelion
- Bow of Nylea + Gratuitous Violence
- Bow of Nylea + Goblin Rabblemaster
- Bow of Nylea + Soul of Shandalar
- Bow of Nylea + Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- Bow of Nylea + Roar of Challenge
- Bow of Nylea + Lure
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Fanatic of Xenagos
- Ajani's Pridemate + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Crowned Ceratok
- Bow of Nylea + Life's Legacy
- Bow of Nylea + Hooded Hydra + Life's Legacy
- Ashcloud Phoenix + Bow of Nylea + Life's Legacy
- Apocalypse Hydra + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Hardened Scales
- Bow of Nylea + Cranial Archive
- Bow of Nylea + Trail of Mystery
- Bow of Nylea + Naturalize + Windstorm
- Bow of Nylea + Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Arashi, the Sky Asunder + Bow of Nylea + Heliod, God of the Sun
- Bow of Nylea + Captain Sisay + Mindslaver
- Bow of Nylea + Shockmaw Dragon
- Bow of Nylea + Tundra Wolves
- Bow of Nylea + Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile
- Bitterblossom + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Dryad Arbor
- Bow of Nylea + Treetop Village
- Bow of Nylea + Nissa, Worldwaker
- Bow of Nylea + Hydra Broodmaster
- Bow of Nylea + Brave the Sands
- Bow of Nylea + Fulminator Mage
- Bow of Nylea + Ovinize + Simic Manipulator
- Agoraphobia + Bow of Nylea + Simic Manipulator
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Prophet of Kruphix
- Bow of Nylea + Fathom Mage + Kiora's Follower
- Bow of Nylea + Kiora's Follower + Singing Bell Strike
- Bow of Nylea + Surrak Dragonclaw
- Bow of Nylea + Daghatar the Adamant + Warden of the First Tree
- Bow of Nylea + Timber Protector
- Bow of Nylea + Hornet Nest
- Bow of Nylea + Snakeform
- Bow of Nylea + Snake Umbra
- Bow of Nylea + Harbinger of the Hunt
- Bow of Nylea + Corpsejack Menace
- Bow of Nylea + Citadel Siege
- Bow of Nylea + Dromoka's Command + Hardened Scales
- Bow of Nylea + Harbinger of the Hunt + Whip of Erebos
- Bow of Nylea + Champion of Lambholt + Twilight Drover
- Bow of Nylea + Marath, Will of the Wild
- Anafenza, the Foremost + Bow of Nylea
- Bow of Nylea + Sagu Mauler
- Bow of Nylea + Inferno Titan
- Bow of Nylea + Hooded Hydra
- Bow of Nylea + Wren's Run Packmaster
- Bow of Nylea + Soul Collector
- Boon Satyr + Bow of Nylea + Eidolon of Blossoms