Choose one Destroy target artifact; or destroy target enchantment; or destroy target artifact and target enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Hull Breach Discussion
3 hours ago
I highly recommend against decimate, because if your opponent doesn't have one of those things, and you do, it really sucks. I recommend Hex or Dreadbore. Hex has a similar problem, but the combination of having plenty of spare creatures and that commander has become very creature heavy make this a more suited option for your purposes. Hull Breach is another one of those cards that if you have the colors in commander, you definitely want to run this. Do you have any alternate win conditions?
1 day ago
yo this looks much much better than the first iteration. It ramps super hard, plenty of cards that give you a shit ton of landfall triggers for omnath. But you're still missing a few key things. First off, run more card draw. I'd add Elemental Bond, and DEFINITELY Soul of the Harvest because that is an elemental creature. Second, you needs some removal. Ulvenwald Tracker, Lightning Bolt, Beast Within, and Prey Upon are all staples. As far as artifact and enchantment removal, also add Hull Breach and DEFINITELY Decimate. Third, add Where Ancients Tread because that card is broken.You don't have to add all of these, only the ones you like. Make it your own. Here are the cards I'd consider dropping to make room for these, in order from definitely drop to maybe drop: Might of Alara, Panharmonicon (this card doesn't work the way you think it does), Tribal Flames, Jaddi Offshoot, Scythe Leopard, Crop Rotation (it doesn't actually ramp you), and Territorial Baloth. Not bad for a first attempt! Omnath kicks ass dude
1 day ago
Beast Within and Chaos Warp are probably the best removal (non-burn) cards in this color. And for modern you will definitely want like Ground Seal sideboard against graveyard decks. Also Ruric Thar, the Unbowed is great vs control decks. Mistcutter Hydra is spectacular vs blue decks and Polukranos, World Eater is just a good creature. Domri Rade Garruk, Caller of Beasts Huntmaster of the Fells Flip I love gruul, the deck looks like fun too +1. I'll list some other neat cards too :P Fanatic of Xenagos Overwhelming Stampede Hull Breach Blasphemous Act Strangleroot Geist Courser of Kruphix Stormbreath Dragon Savage Summoning (good anti-control sideboard card)
4 days ago
Both are pretty nice. The Artifact Mutation proves it's worth if you have an opponent playing a Torpor Orb on turn 2. The downside is that they take 2 slots, where you could also play Naturalize, or better still Gleeful Sabotage, not to mention Hull Breach or Decimate.
Panas on Chemo Ramp
1 week ago
Alright! I gave the deck a quick look and it looks relatively good overall. I understand you are not in a very competitive meta (or at least, not a very cutthroat one at that) and that budget is a concern albeit not a very crazy one.
I see enough card draw and cards that replace themselves. I also liked that you built the deck accordingly, avoiding enchantment and artifact inclusions to fit the theme of blowing all of them up.
With that said we reach the greatest flaw in the deck. Without any strong, early ramp and so many high costed cards doing what you want, your deck is left slow and clunky and will often durdle and fold to early advantage gained by other people through the same things you hate. Breaking a Sylvan Library on turn 5 means that opponent already has gained all the value in the world out of it and probably doesn't care too much that it's being destroyed.
A second point I want to make is that although you do have a lot of big mana plays, a LOT of them are inefficient considering the resource investment into them (mana cost Vs effect + P/T). Here's a list of which ones I didn't like too much and the reasoning behind it:
- Avatar of Might is a vanilla trampler in your deck. Unless you are facing against a fast aggro deck or token generator, you are the one playing the creature deck so I wouldn't expect to cast it on the cheap side often.
- Deus of Calamity is an awesome card but it needs the proper enablers (double strike/constant buffs) for it to work as intended and even then it's a "win more" card. In effect it does a hell of a lot under certain conditions, but those are hard to come by and when you are behind you'd prefer playing something else.
- Domesticated Hydra a very high investment just to get a trampler. Evasion is good but when you compare these kind of cards with enablers like Thunderfoot Baloth and Siege Behemoth they are very lackluster.
- Havenwood Wurm: 7 mana for a 5/6 trampler? You can do a lot better than this. The instant speed doesn't warrant this investment as it is essentially asking you to skip your turn to play this.
- Stonebrow, Krosan Hero would be a lot better in a shell where mass trample and Overrun effects ran rampant. This is not the case so quite often he will be giving you an extra 2-4 damage on swing. He's not that bad though.
- Blunt the Assault is a heavy costed fog effect. If life gaining is that important, running Shamanic Revelation is better. If the fog is really needed then just run Fog or Lull or Respite or Winds of Qal Sisma.
- Devil's Play is a very flavourful card and I do like it, but I think it's a bit small for commander. Fall of the Titans or even better Comet Storm do a much better job at finishing people.
- Scrabbling Claws is not good enough for graveyard hate. There exist much better alternatives (i.e. Relic of Progenitus)!
And here are my suggestions for you, including some notable omissions. Some have already been mentioned by others.
- Acidic Slime
- Mold Shambler
- Reclamation Sage!
- Sakura-Tribe Elder!
- Wood Elves!
- Farhaven Elf!
- Woodfall Primus!
- Chaos Warp!
- Krosan Grip!
- Ancient Grudge
- Comet Storm
- Hull Breach
- Skyshroud Claim!
- Hydra Broodmaster
- Beast Within!
- Xenagos, God of Revels
I would choose a number of these as replacements prefering their versatility, efficiency and power.
Those are my thoughts. :)
ps: since tappedout doesn't let me mark my most suggestions through the checkboxes for some reason, i'll put an exclamation mark next to them...
3 weeks ago
Entrei I am light on tutors because it is my firm belief that pure combo decks are weak, faster, yes, but more fragile. I know I need more artifact and enchantment hate, I do love those suggestions. I'm a big fan of Hull Breach, but I will put in abrupt decay if I pull it. Counter spells aren't all that common, and in my experience, people usually, I know not always, don't realise the power of artifacts and enchantments, that's why I run light there for now.
3 weeks ago
Commanders don't go straight to the command zone, they hit the grave and are checked out based on your choice. If, say, you choose to leave him in grave, he stays there until you animate him or he goes into the library or exile. I love krosan grip, but the split second thing in commander is mostly just to show off. Hull Breach and Beast Within are my artifact and enchantment hate of choice. Vandalblast is an auto include for any deck with red. I added eternal witness, I apparently forgot to update her in in place of Void Winnower. I didn't net deck anything besides food chain really, meta decks are fast, efficient, and very weak. This one is slow, unyielding, and strong. Besides, I like to toy with my prey ;)
3 weeks ago
Also, maybe add in a couple lands. This could mean keeping some of the vivids, even though they're bad, I guess. I'd suggest pulling Primeval Bounty, any two of Aura Mutation, Wear + Tear, and Hull Breach, and maybe Managorger Hydra or Ankle Shanker. Just an idea to keep your hands more consistent.
Running 4 color w/o fetch lands is gonna be tricky so more lands = better chance of drawing into the colors that you will need.