Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Plant Horror
: Add one many of any colour.
: Add two mana of any one colour. Spend this mana only to cast spells from your graveyard.
, , Exile this creature: Return target card with flashback you own from exile to your hand.
1 week ago
Speaking of Sagas, they're amazing in muldrotha, I run The Cruelty of Gix, Binding the Old Gods, The Phasing of Zhalfir, Phyrexian Scriptures, and I am testing out The War in Heaven. Those probably would work better than Oblivion Stone.
In my hands, Muldrotha has been running better as a combo cEDH list. I have tried to build it other ways and it was honestly either too slow or too samey to my Zegana and Miirym lists. I think combo would work better, Muldrotha loves self mill and that can act as a sort of turbo way to draw through your deck.
If you're wanting to stick to ramp, you're going to need to speed it up
A good ramp package I use in U/G and U/G/X lists, tweaked for Muldrotha:
1 drop: 1-3
sometimes Birds of Paradise and other related mana guys
2 drop: ~6
Bloom Tender: I play this in almost every 3+ color list
3 drop: 1-2
Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath: hilarious to recur every turn
You will also want some more heavier hitters up top, generally, in ramp heavy decks I will run anywhere from 8 to 15 (depending on how well I ramp). I want to be able to have a big finisher and keep them going in Ramp lists (you can see these 2 to see what I mean: Nature's Revenge (not recognized by brackets for some reason) and Baby Dwagon Ehhhhhh?, both are very powerful and keep the pressure up, I rarely have an issue with either too many big guys and not enough ramp.
I've been loving the ancient dragons
The other Jin-Gitaxias is also pretty potent
Here is my list if it helps give any ideas to help yours: The Circle of Life
Massacre Girl= Primaris Eliminator
Noxious Gearhulk= Necron Deathmark
The Eldest Reborn = The War in Heaven
I don't think I have put the combos down in the description yet but I can explain them if you want to know. Hope this helps!
1 month ago
All the forests and islands. My biggest piece of advice for modern is to invest in shock and fetch lands (in this case Breeding Pool and Misty Rainforest). They are going to be on the expensive side. But also long after you tune and re-tune this deck, maybe even tear it apart and build an entirely new deck. All the other cards may be different but you WILL need this same fetch and shock lands. They are the best investment you can make early on and you will feel the deck's consistency grow to reflect the improved mana base.
Next, as wallisface said, push towards 4 of each card. It's not a hard rule but it will improve your deck immensely to focus an a plan instead of many things that may be good together.
Bioessence Hydra, but you only have 2 planeswalkers in the deck. You should cut the hydra or focus on planeswalkers and bump to 4 hydras
Blossom Prancer but you only have 5 enchantments
Rootcoil Creeper but only 1 card with flashback
Tasha's Hideous Laughter is the only mill card you have
The deck is a good start but you need to focus it and bring it down to 60 cards
1 month ago
Archetype of Courage and Archetype of Endurance aren't super good value for the mana you put in. If you want increased combat effectiveness, there are toughness buffs, and if you want protection, that are counterspells or targeted protections like Ephemerate or Dive Down or Simic Charm or Resolute Watchdog
Turn to Frog is not a very exciting removal effect if you're in white and could just be running Swords to Plowshares. Same for the tapdown of Winterthorn Blessing, or the delayed value of Fall of the Impostor. Beast Within or Generous Gift are also premier removal.
You have a few off-theme creatures I think you won't much like: Disciplined Duelist works off power, Horizon Chimera gains a little life which is pretty low value overall, same for Lunarch Veteran Flip. Rootcoil Creeper and Llanowar Scout aren't too bad, but I think there are probably better ramp effects for you.
Slaughter the Strong is crazy strong in your deck!
3 months ago
Introducing Cumly Cube 1.1! 6 months ago, Cumly Cube was launched to resounding approval. However, in response to feedback from fans, several cards in the pool were deemed unplayable, uninteresting, or overpowered. For Cumly Cube's six month anniversary, I have chosen to update the card pool. Here are the changes, provided with brief justifications:
- Abomination: too weak in power level
- Anger of the Gods: while board wipes are an essential part of the game, this card is too simple in effect in comparison to other red board wipes in the card pool
- Birthing Pod: synergizes poorly with the rest of the card pool
- Black Dragon: too weak in power level
- Black Lotus: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Bloodcurdling Scream: too weak in power level
- Cavalier of Night: too on-theme for a black card
- Cinderclasm: while board wipes are an essential part of the game, this card is too simple in effect in comparison to other red board wipes in the card pool
- Dack Fayden: too powerful
- District Guide: synergizes poorly with the rest of the card pool
- Dockside Extortionist: too strong in multiplayer games considering the dominance of the "treasure matters" archetype in this card pool
- Dread Reaper: too weak in power level
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest: too powerful
- Eviscerator: too weak in power level
- Grim Strider: too weak in power level
- Hypnox: too weak in power level
- Jungle Creeper: too weak in power level
- Mind Bomb: too weak in power level
- Mox Emerald: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Mox Jet: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Mox Pearl: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Mox Ruby: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Mox Sapphire: this card and other "power 9" cards have been removed from the pool to allow players to play with less well known cards
- Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver: too weak in power level
- Nix: too weak in power level
- Obelisk of Alara: too weak in power level
- Patagia Golem: too weak in power level
- Phantasmagorian: too weak in power level
- Prismite: too weak in power level
- Rootcoil Creeper: synergizes poorly with the rest of the card pool
- Shattering Blow: too strong of an answer to the artifact archetype
- Shatterskull Smashing Flip: MDFCs are interesting cards, but it does not make sense to have only one in the card pool
- Smelt: too strong of an answer to the artifact archetype
- Smog Elemental: too weak in power level
- Spirit of the Night: too weak in power level
- Storm Spirit: too weak in power level
- Tibalt's Trickery: introduces too much variance for an enjoyable experience
- Unholy Strength: too weak in power level
- Vampiric Link: too on-theme for a black card
- Wooded Bastion: this was included on error instead of its Golgari counterpart
- Alpha Authority: an interesting enchantment that should help protect large creatures
- Archfiend of Spite: a strong value play or reanimation target for black, which was deemed the lowest in power level upon initial testing
- Blade Splicer: works well with the artifact and golem archetypes, plus is a human for tribal matters cards
- Chillbringer: works well with the blue aggro archetype, plus is an elemental for tribal matters cards
- Comet Storm: an interesting damage spell that will be replacing more typical red board wipes
- Crippling Chill: works well with the disruptive blue plan
- Darksteel Forge: a strong payoff for the artifact archetype
- Diabolic Tutor: a solid addition to black
- Distant Melody: a strong value play for tribal decks
- Door of Destinies: another tribal matters card
- Dread Presence: a solid addition to black
- Flashfreeze: a conditional counter spell
- Funeral Rites: a solid addition to black
- Golem Foundry: works well with the artifact and golem archetypes
- Gyruda, Doom of Depths: companions are now part of the card pool! This one fits well with the reanimation archetype
- Icehide Golem: works well with the artifact and golem archetypes
- Illuminated Folio: an artifact draw engine, common in this card pool
- In Bolas's Clutches: a strong and fun card
- Infernal Contract: a solid addition to black
- Jegantha, the Wellspring: this companion is an elemental for tribal matters cards
- Keruga, the Macrosage: this companion is an incentive to play with some of the clunkier but more fun cards in the cube
- Kokusho, the Evening Star: a solid addition to black and a dragon for tribal matters cards
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary: a strong draw engine for green creature decks, an archetype not well supported in this card pool
- Loyal Retainers: works well with the reanimate archetype, plus is a human for tribal matters cards
- Mindleech Mass: a strong reanimation target and payoff for black decks, plus is a horror for tribal matters cards
- Moldervine Reclamation: a strong draw engine and another enabler for lifegain decks
- Monastery Mentor: a strong payoff for prowess decks, an archetype not well supported in this card pool
- Morophon, the Boundless: another tribal matters card
- Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh: a strong card used to bolster Grixis in the card pool
- Pact of the Serpent: a strong value play for tribal decks
- Retrofitter Foundry: works well with the artifact archetype
- Skeletal Wurm: a strong reanimation target and payoff for black decks
- Sludge Monster: a good creature that works very well with Toxrill, the Corrosive, plus is a horror for tribal matters cards
- Sorin's Vengeance: a payoff for black that may add diversity to deck archtypes
- Soul Foundry: yet another artifact engine that is a major part of this card pool
- Storm the Vault Flip: this card was meant to be included in the pool originally for the "treasure matters archetype"
- Teferi, Timebender: another Teferi planeswalker, included mainly to justify the continued inclusion of Teferi's Sentinel
- Time Elemental: a soft lock with Stasis and also a good interactive card for blue decks
- Torgaar, Famine Incarnate: a strong reanimation target and payoff for black decks
- Twilight Mire: this card was meant to be included in the pool originally and is good fixing for Golgari, a color combination encouraged in this pool
- Worldfire: a very wacky card that is the epitome of Cumly Cube
5 months ago
- Aura Shards + Mirari's Wake + Faeburrow Elder + Knight of Autumn + Knight of New Alara Eladamri's Call + Wildfield Borderpost
- Bard Class + Cindervines + Huntmaster of the Fells Flip + Klothys, God of Destiny + Radha, Heart of Keld + Xenagos, God of Revels + Decimate + Dire-Strain Rampage + Escape to the Wilds + Hull Breach + Firewild Borderpost
- Binding the Old Gods + Leyline Prowler + Windgrace's Judgment + Vraska, Golgari Queen + Culling Ritual + Maelstrom Pulse
- Hidetsugu Consumes All Flip + Kardur, Doomscourge + Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger + Olivia, Crimson Bride + Orcus, Prince of Undeath + Kolaghan's Command + Rakdos Charm + Dreadbore + Veinfire Borderpost
- Baleful Strix + Hostage Taker + Mistvein Borderpost
- Coiling Oracle + Rootcoil Creeper + Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath + Growth Spiral + Tamiyo, Collector of Tales + Bring to Light + Croaking Counterpart
- Elite Guardmage + Niambi, Esteemed Speaker + Soulherder + Faithful Mending + Fieldmist Borderpost
- General Ferrous Rokiric + Aurelia's Fury + Wear / Tear + Deafening Clarion + Solar Blaze
- Izzet Staticaster + Prismari Command + Expressive Iteration
- Despark + Fracture + Inkshield + Kaya's Guile + Merciless Eviction
- Fires of Invention + Ignoble Hierarch + Sylvan Caryatid + Blasphemous Act + Demonic Tutor + Farseek + Arcane Signet + Chromatic Lantern + Coalition Relic + Commander's Sphere + Panharmonicon + Tome of the Guildpact + Urza's Filter
6 months ago
Hey man, looking over it, obviously a great looking budget list. Keeping a general mindset of no cards over $3 I would add:
Ramp : Bounty of the Luxa, Mind Stone, Rootcoil Creeper, Leyline Prowler, Kodama's Reach Good cheap cards to help you get Muldrotha out faster, and then be able to play 2-3 spells a turn. The Prowler is also just an awesome blocker sometimes with his deathtouch.
Tutor : Dig Up Great budget Tutor for your colors.
10 months ago
11 months ago
RAMP: Deranged Assistant, Gilded Goose, Rootcoil Creeper, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Skull Prophet, Solemn Simulacrum, Phyrexian Tower, Binding the Old Gods, Titans' Nest, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Nissa's Renewal, Chromatic Lantern, Dimir Signet, Golgari Signet, Lotus Petal, Simic Signet, Sol Ring, Wayfarer's Bauble, Kiora, the Crashing Wave.
CARD DRAW and SELF MILL: Baleful Strix, Deranged Assistant, Glowspore Shaman, Prime Speaker Zegana, Satyr Wayfinder, Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, Skull Prophet, Solemn Simulacrum, Stitcher's Supplier, Underrealm Lich, The Binding of the Titans, Titans' Nest, Vessel of Nascency, Buried Alive, Rishkar's Expertise, Victimize, Aether Spellbomb, Altar of Dementia, Kiora, the Crashing Wave.
REMOVAL: Acidic Slime, Agent of Treachery, Bane of Progress, Cavalier of Night, Hostage Taker, Kraul Harpooner, Massacre Wurm, Polukranos, Unchained, Ravenous Chupacabra, Shriekmaw, Binding the Old Gods, Pernicious Deed, Seal of Primordium, Beast Within, In Garruk's Wake, Languish, Aether Spellbomb, Vraska, Golgari Queen.
PROTECTION and RECURSION: Eternal Witness, Genesis, Gisa, Glorious Resurrector, Glen Elendra Archmage, Siren Stormtamer, Spore Frog, Animate Dead, Kaya's Ghostform, Pattern of Rebirth, The Binding of the Titans, Rise of the Dark Realms, Victimize, Kiora, the Crashing Wave.
ATTEMPTS TO WIN: Avenger of Zendikar + Fabled Passage ... Eternal Witness + Time Warp ... Avenger of Zendikar + Altar of Dementia ... Massacre Wurm + Thassa, Deep-Dwelling ... Muldrotha, the Gravetide + Kaya's Ghostform + Lotus Petal + Altar of Dementia ... Rise of the Dark Realms + Eternal Witness ... Vraska, Golgari Queen emblem ... Underrealm Lich + Prime Speaker Zegana OR Rishkar's Expertise