|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Anger of the Gods
Anger of the Gods deals 3 damage to each creature. If a creature dealt damage this way would die this turn, exile it instead.
|Have (6)||releasethedogs , Narueled , , agardels , AlbinoLion , jhTheMan99|
|Want (14)||zn.tportlock , widell , LastCall , EdwinSmithIV , xafeara , Jspeed , JannieB , flipdipple , redarrow4403 , Clones16 , QBrick , boneSANITY , Vialheart , Xelgion|
Anger of the Gods Discussion
1 hour ago
Je me suis arreté la dessus, les shadow of the grave sont hyper important en fait - 4 Burning Inquiry - 2 Desperate Ritual - 4 Liliana's Caress - 4 Manamorphose - 2 Pyretic Ritual - 3 Shadow of the Grave - 4 Waste Not - 3 Dark Deal - 2 Collective Defiance - 2 Torment of Hailfire - 1 Past in Flames - 2 Dark Petition - 4 Reforge the Soul
3 days ago
I think there's at least a few auto includes youre missing here
1. Toxic Deluge
2. Fire Covenant
3. Blood Moon
4. Magus of the Moon
4. Pyroblast Functional clone of Red Elemental Blast and a better version of some of your other red counter spells
5. Gamble This downside isn't always all downside because of the GY focus of deck
Should Strongly Consider
1. Dark Confidant You have very low avg CMC so this will never be a problem
2. Demonic Consultation
4. Praetor's Grasp
5. Imperial Seal
6. Blood Artist Has a lot of synergy with your combos
7. Rakdos Signet
8. Talisman of Indulgence
9. Cabal Ritual
10. Cursed Totem
1. Rolling Earthquake
2. Dark Petition
3. Azra Oddsmaker
5. Infernal Darkness
7. Anger of the Gods
8. By Force
9. Animate Dead
10. Phyrexian Arena
11. Mindblade Render
5 days ago
1 week ago
My friend plays Jund and these are a couple of the cards that rutenely kick my ass.
And of course, The Goyfmeister
( Tarmogoyf ).
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Hi itachi45 !
First of all, thanks for your comment !
I've always liked Infect but never was a big fan of the usual aggro/combo variant. So i played a Mono Black style since a long time because i love Phyrexian Crusader and think it can be a very efficient win-con in Modern. B/G should be the way to go but i'm pretty sure a Rakdos variant could have decent results : casting Anger of the Gods when you have a Crusader on the board is pretty enjoyable and Blood Moon is still a thing in Modern.
I have only play-tested the deck on MTGO for now and made some choices :
- Plague Stinger eats all the removals of the format and needs a big boost to be efficient ( Lashwrithe , Become Immense ...)
- Still not sure about the non-inclusion of Inkmoth Nexus , but i never missed them. I also want to keep the colorless lands at their minimum because of Anger of the Gods and because i wanna keep two Cathedral of War as they turn Phyrexian Vatmother , Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon and an equipped Phyrexian Crusader into a two turns clock.
- I love Phyrexian Arena and would like it to works, but Night's Whisper comes a turn earlier and it makes a big difference IMO.
I will still give a go to different things on MTGO and refine the deck to try to find the best options ! I usually play another deck in FNM but if my attempts are conclusives i will try it IRL ;)
(Sorry if my english isn't perfect, i'm french^^)
2 weeks ago
Out Bellowing Aegisaur - Low-impact dino. Doesn't actually combo with Marath. It replaces the counter you spent to ping it, but doesn't actually put you ahead
Overgrown Armasaur - Low-impact dino
Sun-Crowned Hunters - Low-impact dino
Snapping Sailback - Low-impact dino
Anger of the Gods - If I'm pulling back on the enrage theme, do I need this?
In Basilisk Collar - It's back. See my prior comment
Avenger of Zendikar - Big token producer, even if not directly on theme
Xenagos, the Reveler - Generate big mana
Mirari's Wake - More big mana
Runic Armasaur - A new toy. Let's see how it does
Chord of Calling - It's a combo deck, so now I can tutor for what I need, like Ivy Lane Denizen
2 weeks ago
Also, Anger of the Gods is in here specifically for Humans/Dredge/Phoenix, so as long as the cards you are bringing in cover that matchup as well then I'd say go for it. I cut Searing Blaze from my sideboard since I'm not running fetches to keep the Landfall trigger on it relevant.
Anger of the Gods occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0,1%
U/R (Izzet): 0,22%
RW (Boros): 0,33%
RG (Gruul): 0,14%
RUG (Temur): 0,16%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0,12%
RUW (Jeskai, America): 0,11%
BRG (Jund): 0,04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,01%