|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
, : Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||xXThormentXx , pokemate0 , cryptoplasm , frederiklw , TThors , machiavelli2081 , MattN7498 , PTsmitty , tlhunter07 , bakeraj4 , bakunet , sombrevivo , failurechild88 , VoidCaster113|
Golgari Signet Discussion
54 minutes ago
Oona's Blackguard is good for discard. Windswept Heath is the better version of Krosan Verge, replace the keystone and keyrune with the Orzhov Signet, Selesnya Signet and a Golgari Signet. Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit is better for bolster than Gleam of Authority. Cathars' Crusade gives all your creatures +1/+1 counters as they enter the battlefield, Hardened Scales adds an additional counter each time you distribute a +1/+1 counter.
6 days ago
I would recommend Retribution of the Meek for a neat board wipe. Golgari Signet and Selesnya Signet are pretty neat. Nature's Claim is a good Artifact/Enchantment removal. Some cards that stick out to me as being weird are Golgari Keyrune, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, and Rhox Faithmender
1 week ago
Hey mollycat, it mus be really fun to play Karrthus with all these Ur-Dragon decks going around!
I would slip in around 3-6 more lands, concentrating on , but otherwise your manabase looks pretty good.
As the others have said, it is probably not worth keeping the token generation in, as the cards that interact with it are few, however, if you tutor them they can be worthwhile.
Mana ramp is really important in a high cost deck like yours, you have 6 cards that get you mana, but adding a few more is important. Cheap (but effective) cards are Darksteel Ingot, Gruul Signet, Rakdos Signet, Golgari Signet, Rampant Growth, Cultivate, and Myriad Landscape. I recommend putting in at least 3 or 4 cards like this to speed up your early game.
Fires of Yavimaya doesn't do much for you, since your Commander already gives your Dragons haste. I would swap it out for Dragon Tempest if you still need haste that deals bonus damage. Scourge of Valkas also deals a lot of damage based on dragons you control.
1 week ago
Oh jeez, no wonder early game has been a nightmare for you! You need more lands, along with some artifacts that generate mana.
To make room for these additions, you're looking at a few cuts as well - I would start with:
Sudden Demise - As a 3 color deck, you will often be calling your own colors.
Cryptolith Rite - You don't really want to be tapping your dragons for mana.
Argentum Armor - This feels like overkill to me, though this is more personal preference.
The sub-theme you have with token generation is also kind of weird, what is your goal with the additional token generation cards?
Hopefully your future early game endeavors will go smoother - best of luck with the deck!
2 weeks ago
I see no reason for Golgari Signet to not just become Nature's Lore. The land enters untapped, you have Bayou and Overgrown Tomb to mana fix, Dryad Arbor if you need a body, and the land matters much more to your overall strategy than having an additional mana rock does.
Lord of Extinction gives you a fling condition with Jarad that requires fewer hoops to jump through. In a multiplayer game it doesn't take long for Lord of Extinction to grow large naturally even before factoring in your dredge and mill effects such as Life from the Loam and Mesmeric Orb. If you add Lord then I would also recommend adding Rogue's Passage. You have multiple ways to tutor for lands and it gives you an additional way to leverage Lord of Extinction as a win condition. Your Commander's body is also large and Rogue's Passage doesn't hurt on that front either.
If you don't want to play additional tutor effects, I get it. You touch on it lightly in the deck's description, but Demonic Tutor would obviously be a welcome addition. In the vein of powerful redundant effects I'm going to also recommend Regrowth in addition to Eternal Witness. The cards are powerful generally, but I think their stock goes up even higher in a deck like this where you are often milling yourself.
3 weeks ago
Chromatic Lantern seems unnecessary in a two-colored deck running so many colorless permanents. I'd much rather have Golgari Signet there.
Skyshroud Claim > Explosive Vegetation. The lands come into play untapped AND you can get Overgrown Tomb or a Bayou if you get one.
Cruel Tutor is for fast combo decks looking for a game winning piece in the first 3-4 turns, which this doesn't seem to be. Dark Petition for you is gonna cost 1 mana less most of the time, won't hit you for damage, and won't cost your draw. And it's way cheaper.
3 weeks ago
Current Deck Criticisms/Upgrades
- Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Blightsteel Colossus seem out of place. Tooth and Nail feels like there should be a combo win in here to fetch. I don't know how you play, but I always hold a few creatures in my hand. I try to stay around 2-4 threats on the field at once so I can recover from wrath effects. Craterhoof could be an Overrun essentially, but that's merely a preference I believe.
- Living Death feels too symmetrical. You don't want them to get their threats back. Sun Titan might do the same job albeit it more slowly.
- Reanimate feels like not enough punch for the deck for a one-and-done effect. Phyrexian Reclamation is a permanent source of card advantage.
- Triumph of the Hordes is another card that could be Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede for one more colorless mana. More bang for the buck than +1/+1.
- Seedborn Muse - You don't have a lot of tap effects or cards with flash. What is this card adding to the deck?
- Counterspell - Negate and Arcane Denial are easier to cast with your mana base even though the former is slightly limited. The latter provides replaces itself. Both also seem better than the conditionally useful Corrupted Resolve.
- Crop Rotation - Is this the Inkmoth Nexus-finder? If you need more infect creatures, I would just add more creatures instead of fetching up a land.
- Slip Through Space - Although not a cantrip, Artful Dodge does the same thing and you can use it twice via flashback.
New Card Suggestions
I would strongly recommend some mana ramp and mana fixing:
Increase Color Availability
- Golgari Signet
- Noble Hierarch - Fixes mana and pumps creatures -- win-win!
- Orzhov Signet
- Plague Myr - colorless mana in a pinch AND infect!
- Simic Signet
- Contagion Engine - You really want this card. It closes out games on its own.
- Spread the Sickness - Slow/late game (5 CMC) removal, but it proliferates.
- Fuel for the Cause - Slow/late game (4 CMC) counterspell, but it proliferates.
- Corpse Cur - Eternal Witness #2 (almost) and it has infect.
- Lux Cannon - Not the fastest around, but a steady source of removal.
- Spinebiter - Infect with built-in "evasion".
- Trigon of Infestation - With a proliferation source, you can keep using this to recover from board wipes or cost-effectively overwhelm opponents.
3 weeks ago
First of all if your ramping into door to nothingness you either want duel lands or tri lands and Mana rocks such as the various border posts or signets. Secondly you want a secondary win condition, and my advice is (staying in colourless theme) Darksteel Reactor. Although slow, many people will try to work out ways to eliminate it because it appears to be a threat. Finally you need more blockers to help protect your plan. Keeping theme, Etched Champion and Myr Servitor fit nicely here.