|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
, : Gain .
|Have (2)||bakeraj4 , PTsmitty|
|Want (6)||Tomagotchi , Aragon_Neotrix , CorrosiveKnifer , superstyle95 , Radscientist , derpyplatypus|
Golgari Signet Discussion
6 days ago
1 week ago
Hi there, A couple of suggestions,first I think you lack some protection for your creatures,Atraxa as well as Kalonian Hydra and to a lesser extent Corpsejack Menace are lightningrods for removal and I think Shalai alone isn't enough to keep these creatures safe so my first suggestions would be good old Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots . Next is your mana seems skewed towards black,and as I see from the graph you lack some white and blue sources so maybe change The Golgari Signet to an Azorius one and change one swamp for an Island.
Last point would be cards to cut: Cathars' Crusade I think this isn't the deck for this card as you have just 2 creatures that actively want to do damage(Hydra and Thrummingbird) the rest are most for their etb or static abillity Leyline of Sanctity I don't know how your meta looks like but this seems like overkill in a multiplayer game at least where I play targeted discard and burn into the face is rare(if you play many 1vs.1 games I would look differently at the card.
1 week ago
- I love this commander and think you've got a great start and idea, but you need to fully commit to the fact that this deck is all about Skullbriar being huge and smashing face, or one of his friends doing it. .
- You should put in Increasing Savagery , Hardened Scales , Solidarity of Heroes , Reyhan, Last of the Abzan , Fungal Behemoth , Vastwood Hydra , Retreat to Kazandu , Predator Ooze , Blessings of Nature to push the +1/+1 theme to the max. .
- Now, 2nd problem is having big creatures without trample. I see Tuskguard Captain and you've got Rancor already, which is 100% awesome and reusable, but you should have 2 reusable trample activators, so I recommend also adding Ring of Kalonia . .
- Having big creatures attacking also is usually stopped by awkward blocks. You need slightly better cheap removal so I recommend Titanic Brawl , Ancient Animus , Abrupt Decay . .
- 3rd Problem is when they actually block and kill something because they have no other way to deal with it. Make them hate blocking by just having Mer-Ek Nightblade on your field. And then resummon stuff with Journey to Eternity Flip! .
- 4th Problem is when you're smashing for 17 trample damage a turn, but they've got some stupid elf-shaman combo or human-ally combo that gains them 20 life a turn. And now they're at 55 life. Awkward. Get a sneaky kill in instantly with Tainted Strike on one of your big trample guys, just make sure you were about to do 10+ normal damage, and surprise win. (please put Tainted Strike in, even if you ignore every other card I suggested) .
- 5th Problem is your life-total. Sometimes you just need your 12/12 to have lifelink. Best way is Loxodon Warhammer , plus it gives you another trample activator!! .
- Also for ramp you should include Incubation Druid and Rampant Growth . I'd also use hexproof enabling with Alpha Authority .
- I would definitely remove the following since they don't fit with your deck idea overall to make room: Elves of Deep Shadow (don't need), Longtusk Cub (it ain't ever gonna happen), Witchstalker (useless against a red/white/green deck), Gaze of Granite (since it kills your things too), Animation Module (its slow and you should have better things to do with your mana than make 1/1s), Cloak and Dagger (no rogues, it's slow, Alpha Authority is better), Golgari Signet should be replace with Golgari Cluestone so you can sac/draw when you don't need mana anymore. Manalith (you have an aggro curve, don't need THAT much ramp), Plague Boiler (you're not a control deck), Skullclamp (since we're taking out Animation Module , you've got enough good draw), Wayfarer's Bauble (Rampant Growth is better), Greater Good (you're aggro not a graveyard-based-conrol deck), Preferred Selection & Primitive Etchings (because again you're not control, you want to be aggro). .
- I would also cut down on the # of fancy lands that don't add b/g, and play a few more basics for fetching with your ramp cards and being able to play commander on turn 2 more likely.
2 weeks ago
My maybe board is kinda wild right now as I need to playtest this with my group to see where I should adjust. Here is my maybe list: Aetherworks Marvel Bontu's Monument Cauldron of Souls Coalition Relic Eldrazi Monument Elixir of Immortality Goblin Bombardment Golgari Signet Grave Betrayal Gruul Signet Hedron Archive Lifecrafter's Bestiary Phyrexian Tower Rakdos Signet Reliquary Tower Rings of Brighthearth Sword of the Animist Tamiyo's Journal
3 weeks ago
you want more turn-one dorks like Llanowar Elves , Elvish Mystic , Noble Hierarch , and Arbor Elf . Other than that, lower curve to match the cadence of the format. Play Fatal Push over severed strands, Abrupt Decay and Assassin's Trophy , and (if you can afford it, as I certainly cannot) Inquisition of Kozilek ,sa Dark Confidant s and Tarmogoyf s.
3 weeks ago
ToolmasterOfBrainerd do you have an address in continental US? I'd be willing to send you and of the 10 cent equivalents that are better. Wanna see my wares?
I think if you are so poor you can't find the 10 cents to replace them, it becomes a tax-deductible donation, so it won't cost me anything.
Seriously, why the banner?
3 weeks ago
"Yes, price. Rampant Growth is ~20 cents right now. Sure Gruul Signet , Golgari Signet , Simic Signet , Prismatic Lens , Llanowar Elves , Fractured Powerstone , Moss Diamond , Growth Spiral , Explore , Coiling Oracle , Broken Bond and tons more examples are equal to it or cheaper, but I am aware someone will bring it up."
I am very sorry all of the local game stores have had buyouts of the above, quoted cards. It is a real shame to know that you also aren't within the world that tcgplayer, card kingdom, or cfg will ship to. I'd recommend running an additional land to the decks that run the growth. Thank you for your response.
But seriously. No possible replacements?
3 weeks ago
Ramp, card draw, and fatties are the 3 cornerstones of EDH as a concept to many players. Rampant Growth , Rampant Growth is the symbol of one of these three cornerstones (I am sure you'll never guess which one).
I am here to tell you, despite what you may have been told. It is bad. Really bad, not even medium bad like Cultivate (Yes, I hate that too, outside of some specific lists like Tatyova, where it belongs to some extent).
Why? Well, to start, mana production. It doesn't give you mana immediately without Amulet of Vigor , unlike 2- mana manarock variants like the signet cycle ( Azorius Signet , Gruul Signet ), talisman cycle ( Talisman of Indulgence , Talisman of Progress ), Mind Stone , Prismatic Lens , Fellwar Stone , etc.
So? Many decks are mono-colored and can't use signets, or talismans, or have cards like Null Rod / Kataki, War's Wage , etc. or go up against them often. Rampant Growth gives a land. Well, Nature's Lore and Three Visits both give you an untapped land, they can hit Shocklands or Duals to get your colors better than Rampant Growth , and generally are pretty good.
None of these are great cards. Llanowar Elves , Fyndhorn Elves , Birds of Paradise , Elvish Mystic , Boreal Druid , etc. all do it for half the mana, a turn faster, and are in green. How is a 2 mana card better?
So, with all of this, is there any real reason to run the cancerous growth (see what I did there xD)?
Yes, price. Rampant Growth is ~20 cents right now. Sure Gruul Signet , Golgari Signet , Simic Signet , Prismatic Lens , Llanowar Elves , Fractured Powerstone , Moss Diamond , Growth Spiral , Explore , Coiling Oracle , Broken Bond and tons more examples are equal to it or cheaper, but I am aware someone will bring it up.
There are too many better cards for lands-matter decks to use it, and too many are cheaper, equally cheap, or better and worth the cost to claim they are the reason Rampant Growth should see play, etc.
Seriously. If you run this card, stop.
Golgari Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
BRG (Jund): 1.0%
BUG (Sultai): 1.02%