|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Mythic Edition (RNAMED)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Conspiracy (CNS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Planeswalker — Dack
+1: Target player draws two cards, then discards two cards.
-2: Gain control of target artifact.
-6: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell that targets one or more permanents, gain control of those permanents."
|Have (2)||brokendwarf , Gordichr000|
|Want (6)||Minor , sonnet666 , Gaiaphage372 , bainjermaine , KillDatBUG , Patryn|
Latest as Commander
Dack Fayden Discussion
2 days ago
Would recommend Dack Fayden , Arcane Denial , Force of Will , Counterbalance , Mana Drain , Rhystic Study , Pact of Negation , Dig Through Time , Slight of Hand, Faithless Looting , Ad Nauseam , Yawgmoth's Will , Windfall , Wheel of Fortune , Wheel of Fate , Gush , Isochron Scepter , Stifle , and Damnation .
3 weeks ago
All in favor of Veteran Explorer getting a reprint slot raise their hands!
No? Just me? Pernicious Deed maybe?
The thing that has me curious the most about this set is, what non legacy, vintage, commander sleeper card exists that they are going to reprint to shake things up? There has to be one card no one has thought of the design team has been laughing to themselves about since day one. Impulse , Exploration , Dack Fayden , Nimble Mongoose all could be pretty sweet.
1 month ago
hey all sorry for late replies, lifes been busy and my Underground Sea was stolen so i haven't worked on the deck in several months.
nekusar is more of a storm deck than a stax deck when tuned, however more countermagic could be run, i just cant find room for it, but things like Spell Snare , Delay , Stifle , Countersquall are on my watch list as i have copies, Entomb is mainly for eldrazi shuffles but it can be used to entomb targets for Mission Briefing and Yawgmoth's Will
i have a Dack Fayden but i took it out as i only get 1 activation before he dies, and its usually the +1 as the artifact steal is highly situational. i agree on Bitter Ordeal as i have one too and its been in maybeboard for a while
chains and puzzle box are actually the "stax" in the deck, as when combined it negates draws and nukes hands, thereby negating the opponent draw enabling that comes innately with wheels
kozilek is mainly anti-mill so i dont deck myself with wheels or get milled out by opponents, and confidant can be painful yes but on average its great card advantage on turn 1 or 2
i added ad naus in my most recent update as a "win on cast" card as its designed to be, but you're right that it can hurt a bit too much, id have to replace it with another pseudo wincon, maybe Laboratory Maniac ?
thanks for the input
1 month ago
LIES! Dack Fayden is cheap to cast, draws 2 cards and, if you have lattice out, steals anything!
2 months ago
Inserting the most effective PlanesWalker in EDH imo. He never be a dead draw. At worst, he is 3cmc looting effect/steal target sol ring. If he survive one turn, then enjoy !
3 months ago
King over puppets (Color identity: )
Legendary Commander Conspiracy (Your may have this conspiracy as your commander, you may only play cards of your commanders color Identity. Start the game with this conspiracy face up in the command zone)
At the beginning of your upkeep choose target opponent you control, That player gains control of you until your next turn. They must cast one spell from your hand if able, they must put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield and must attack this turn if able.
Spells you cast cost less to cast as long as you don't control your turn.
Whenever you cast a spell, draw 2 cards as long as you don't control your turn
The key to a strong dictatorship is an illusion of democracy
I like the design but I couldn't quite get it balanced like I would have liked.
That was fun, a card that would Dack Fayden on the art, another commander conspiracy if you want.
3 months ago
I'm generally not too worried on permanents for Bloom Tender as generally Intet is there on the battlefield with Bloom out. If not 2 for 2 is still value with the general low curve of the deck. I actually have been trying to find more red permanents or spells to add in the deck, it's just that so many of the things that red provides are just outclassed by what the blue/green side of the pie can provide. unfortunately most of the time I use Bloom Tenders mana in conjunction with Intet's...My meta doesn't see Bloom Tender in a deck with 3 colors as lets say a 5C Najeela can do.
Going on to the next point, when Intet goes off it is generally pretty hard to stop even without the counter spell back up due to having Vexing Shusher and Boseiju. Consistently she can go off by turn 5-6, but I already accepted that she can't be a true competitive tier, but I can definitely see this build as being high powered. She can't consistently pull the T3 threatening rule.
- Bring to Light I actually agree with you on this, this has been my flex spot and been actually testing it out. This was actually to mainly get my wheels as the most important thing for Intet is consistent CA or having a fully stock hand. There is the time that this can get you an extra turn due to Mana Confluence/City of Brass but the chances are unlikely to have both in play the same game.
- Dack Fayden I agree on the same sentiments, he hasn't been spectacular, but he has his uses when I steal artifacts, but that's just it. He can help me dig but I might as well use Faithless Looting for sheer efficiency.
- Nissa, Vital Force As I said with Bring to Light, CA is key, she does make all my land ramp spells into cantrips as well, 5 is a lot and my usual rule of the thumb is that in any competitive EDH deck 5 cmc cards have to do one of two things, A) Give an tremendous advantage or B) Wins you the game. She gives a lot of advantage in being a unkillable CA and being able to activate a turn after. She would be the last to cut if I'm given the choice atm unless there is a better consistent CA engine.
- Heroic Intervention Now I haven't truly tested this card out as of yet as this card was swapped in from a Mox Diamond, I saw the potential and this was pre-anti counter spell mindset. So yes this card can be cut to test a counter suite package.
- Red Elemental Blast/Pyroblast These would be more meta call cards as I would run Dispel or Flusterstorm over them. This would be the only type of deck I'm reluctant to run Swan Song however due to Intet needing a combat trigger to proc, same with any Brago decks as well lol
- Krosan Grip currently at the moment, I'm not having any problems with this nor do I have any problems casting it and it always comes in clutch when I need the split second the most. There are plenty of Paradox combo decks in my area as well as Jhoira decks so indeed the split second is a meta call but I like it in this deck as of now.
- Natural State -> Dispel/Flusterstorm/Stubborn Denial
- Dack Fayden -> Delay
- Ponder -> Mana Vault
- Bring to Light -> Pact of Negation
- Heroic Intervention -> Negate
I do appreciate the insight, and I am not as stubborn about the anti-counter spell as I was before like 3 years ago. My current goal is to refine Intet as far as possible, so right now these are the changes I'm going to include into Intet but I want to know your thoughts.
These changes seems reasonable to me.
I have a couple questions for you since you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and as well as some great perspective and MTG experience.
- In forgoing hard land ramp, would you think cutting cards like Kodama's Reach/Cultivate for fast rocks be better? or would you say the other way around and cut the 2 cmc ramp spells for the 2 cmc rocks as with the 3 cmc ramp they replace itself. I have already cut out Skyshroud Claim months ago and I haven't entirely missed it at all.
- What red permanent/spell do you know that can help this version of Intet? I been doing research a lot and I could of missed some. That has been my biggest dilemma aside from tuning Intet to the most optimal version of herself. There is a entire lack of red and basically the red is in here for the Wheel of Fortune and Vandalblast, I used to run Chaos Warp as well but that has been cut out as sometimes it can benefit the opponent more, slight chance, but a chance nonetheless. Thanks again for your insight, I have a feeling that after these next couple discussions Intet will be reborn into a new iteration of herself, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
3 months ago
I appreciate the critique greatly! I am very open minded and I enjoy it greatly when I hear a different perspective. I am a competitive player so this response is great to further develop Intet as I am currently hitting a plateau with her, she is my most revised deck going over 20 different iterations already. The reason I don't run much rocks over hard ramp is due to the amount of artifact removal we have in the play group however I do agree rocks are much more faster than wasting a turn to cast said ramp spell.
I know my counter spell suite quite well as my other decks due run all the efficient ones, you are forgetting however one of my favorite ones which is Delay cheap, efficient, and not heavy on blue requirements as well. The reason I said those counter spells before was when I had them in the very beginning stages I didn't have the budget nor did I really delve into Magic as I was getting back to them. In Intet it was originally developed as a good/stuff but transitioned into a wholly different build now.
The mana base is near perfect also, I have never had a problem with missing a green source nor blue as I'm running a perfect 9/3/3 ratio. I don't mind people being biased, it's their personality and perspective that they give that I value, as I want to refine this deck to the best possible way. I do view my main decks as being competitive and I play in a cEDH environment, so don't worry and be as blunt as possible as that's the only way to truly refine the deck. I ain't no pansy ass bitch that gets whiny because some one has a different view, rather I appreciate any critique and I'll give out my own perspective as well.
So now with that being said, what do you think can be cut for a counterspell suite that will not "dilute" the deck. So far I am seeing Oracle of Mul Daya being a possible flex spot as well as Bring to Light and Dack Fayden. Let me know what you think on the best course of action to further refine Intet.
Thanks again for taking a look over!
Dack Fayden occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0.46%