|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
, : Gain .
|Have (4)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , , d3sden0va , rockleemyhero|
|Want (11)||JFreerB , JimmyRustle , Tomagotchi , tabor62 , Kagu11 , superstyle95 , ulvenbanan , Vulture1321 , jophess99 , raefgall , Radscientist|
Dimir Signet Discussion
2 days ago
2 days ago
I would follow in suit of everything Daedalus19876 recommends.
As for cuts, this is where it gets hard, cause I am a Spike at my core, and I wouldn't want to impose on what you want your deck to do, so the first step is identifying exactly what you want your deck to do always, then cut what doesn't facilitate that. For example, I see you want to go for mill, but you deviate with a lot of discard cards. Discard works if used in anticipation of comboing off, but since your deck doesn't do that I would focus more on control to ensure your plan A always goes through.
HMU if I could do something to further help you with cuts or suggestions! I would be more than happy to.
4 days ago
I think some wheeleffects might help you with filling the yard So I suggest Dark Deal and Windfall you might also like Dimir Doppelganger . Some additional ramp would also help so maybe include Dimir Signet and Talisman of Dominance . For cards to cut I need to look a little bit more in depth just say if you want me to,with one exception pls cut Phage she is so exploitable by enemies that she will cost you more games then win for you
2 weeks ago
Hey, looks good for a budget causal deck. Is Sydri, Galvanic Genius your Commander? I don't see her card in the decklist. All Commander decks usually show the card of the Commander, but it's missing here.
Good job winning more than losing, but 28 lands with only 9 mana rocks and a 4.2 avg. CMC is pretty risky. The first thing to consider doing is cutting all the five drops except Adjudicator and Scourglass. I suggest to cut the rest five drops because the six drops, which there's also a lot of them, are much better cards. My advice is to prioritize all your six CMC or higher cards. Choose a few of them and cut the others for lower CMC support cards.
I'm going to break my advice up into two comments. The first comment is about budget lands to consider adding as well as cards to consider cutting. The second will be budget cards that are good with artifact strategies to consider adding and cards to cut.
Budget lands and mana rocks ($3 or less each) to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Spire of Industry
- Inventors' Fair
- Caves of Koilos
- Reliquary Tower
- Buried Ruin
- Darksteel Citadel
- Choked Estuary
- Port Town
- Esper Panorama
- Prairie Stream
- Ash Barrens
- Azorius Signet
- Dimir Signet
- Talisman of Dominance
- Basalt Monolith
Can add all these for about $25.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Island
- 1x Swamp
- 1x Plains
- Temple of the False God
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Scoured Barrens
- Sejiri Refuge
- Orzhov Basilica
- Pith Driller
- Guardians of Koilos
- Razormane Masticore
- Clockwork Hydra
- Dreamstone Hedron
- Salvage Titan
3 weeks ago
Smothering Tithe - A great 'pay to play' card, and you'll ramp like crazy if they don't.
Rhystic Study - If they don't pay, you draw... they'll pay.
Thief of Sanity - Thievery + some mill, all in a nice evasion package.
Mnemonic Betrayal - This is just too good, cherry pick all your opponent's best spells they've played.
Desertion - Counter the threat, get the threat.
Paradox Haze - Double up on your commander's ability.
Emergency Powers - Great for resetting what is in someone's hand or your own. Addendum is gravy on top if you have nothing else to play during your main.
Supreme Verdict - Just a great wrath spell.
Rewind - Counter and keep the mana open.
Unwind - Sure it only works for noncreature spells, but there will be plenty of those around.
Wrath of God - The original.
Celestial Dawn - Makes casting opponent's spells with your commander just too easy.
Cascading Cataracts - Indestructible color fixing.
Revel in Riches - Mana fixing + a win-con if you get lucky.
Lightning Greaves - Protect what matters most.
Swiftfoot Boots - More protection.
Sun Titan - This guy is a beast, sometimes he'll only do a small bit, other times he's your golden boy. Cool little combo: Use Mirage Mirror to copy a sacrifice artifact like Mindslaver , use the sacrifice of the copied card, then bring Mirage Mirror back with the titan.
Paradox Engine - Use artifacts to pay for spells, then untap them to pay for more.
Darksteel Forge - With all your artifacts you're running, this lets you play your wraths without any fear.
Cards to consider ousting:
Blood Baron of Vizkopa - It's good, but won't be active all that much as a 10/10.
Deadeye Plunderers - Lackluster.
Merieke Ri Berit - Without a way to abuse untapping her she can under perform.
Nightveil Predator - Doesn't do as much for you as it could.
Odric, Lunarch Marshal - You're not strictly a combat deck.
Spell Queller - I like this card, but in commander it's just too fragile.
Traxos, Scourge of Kroog - He's not horrid.
Walking Ballista - Just not got for this deck.
Wrexial, the Risen Deep - Too slow, by this point you should be focusing on control with your commander.
Displacement Wave - You're putting in better.
Mind's Desire - You're just not build for this card.
Illusory Gains - Really depends on your play group.
Dimir Locket - The signet is better.
3 weeks ago
Hey, Sage of Fables works well with Marchesa, Viscera, Haruspex, Disciple of Bolas , Puppeteer Clique , Sower of Temptation , etc. It also can be a draw engine by removing +1/+1 counters from your creatures.
To help the less than ideal manabase consider Trophy Mage just to tutor for Chromatic Lantern ? Or she can get Ashnod's. Consider Brainstorm , Ponder , Impulse , Read the Bones to help to find lands or other cards? Another way to help the manabase is with more mana rocks Rakdos Signet , Izzet Signet , Dimir Signet , Fellwar Stone .
Lands that won't break the bank to consider adding: Exotic Orchard , Choked Estuary , Foreboding Ruins , Grixis Panorama , Ash Barrens , Dimir Aqueduct , Rakdos Carnarium , Izzet Boilerworks , Reliquary Tower , Smoldering Marsh , Sunken Hollow , Shivan Reef . Most of these lands have good interaction with basic lands since there's a lot of them here and I suggest adding more in place of the lands that ETB (enter the battlefield) tapped such as Urborg Volcano . The Bounce lands (Aqueduct, Carnarium, Boilerworks) work well with basic lands and other lands that can ETB untapped.
Consider this budget manabase:
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Grixis Panorama
- Ash Barrens
- Crumbling Necropolis
- Guildmages' Forum
- Opal Palace
- Evolving Wilds
- Choked Estuary
- Foreboding Ruins
- Dimir Aqueduct
- Rakdos Carnarium
- Izzet Boilerworks
- Reliquary Tower
- Smoldering Marsh
- Sunken Hollow
- Shivan Reef
- 6x Island
- 8x Swamps
- 6x Mountain
If you like some of suggestions I offer help to make cuts. By the way there's 2x Skullclamp here ;)
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
1 month ago
Hey, if you like control and your meta is that much aggro then you probably want to play primary white for board wipes ( Day of Judgment , Supreme Verdict , Fumigate , etc.) and anti-aggro cards ( Blind Obedience , Authority of the Consuls , Ghostly Prison , Swords to Plowshares , etc.)
To help your $120 budget for the manabase you could can play Oloro as two primary colors (blue and white) and only splash black for him using some budget lands in the manabase ( Swamp , Command Tower , Exotic Orchard (if an opponent is playing black), Caves of Koilos , Sunken Hollow , Choked Estuary , etc.) and budget mana rocks ( Dimir Signet , Orzhov Signet , Fellwar Stone (if an opponent is playing black), Talisman of Dominance , Commander's Sphere , Chromatic Lantern , etc.)
Dimir Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.15%
U/B (Dimir): 3.46%
W/U/B (Esper): 1.75%
U/B/R (Grixis): 1.82%
BUG (Sultai): 1.05%