|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Common|
Combos Browse all
, : Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||buildingadeck , Friedrice24 , MattN7498 , Xikitten123 , tlhunter07 , bakeraj4 , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , ZombieFood , LTmiller|
|Want (9)||Tiddilywinkus , goodair , StoicHippo , Malachy_ , RedMulligan , GoldGhost012 , _raeofsunlight , mlouden03 , rakdos24|
Dimir Signet Discussion
4 days ago
I also think you should cut down on high cmc counterspells and focus a bit more on efficiency. You can probably throw in Training Grounds to help with the activation cost of your commander and Duskmantle Seer.
Overall, I like the direction of the deck but I think you can streamline it a bit more to make it faster.
6 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
2 weeks ago
- Search for Azcanta
- Bident of Thassa
- Storm Fleet Spy
- Deadeye Quartermaster
- March of the Drowned
- Open Into Wonder
- Marauding Looter
- Daring Saboteur
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser
- Archetype of Imagination
- Rogue's Passage
- Heat Stroke
- Invasion Plans
- Goblin War Drums
- Pyreheart Wolf
- Smoldering Spires
- War Cadence
Good Cards on Theme
Mechanized Production Place this on a piece of treasure to win!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
I would also play Esper Panorama over Bant Panorama, since it can get 2 of your colors and Bant only gets Islands.
Any other advice I could give would be dependent on how competitive this deck will be and how big your budget is.
2 weeks ago
Updated the decklist to the current state!
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Great deck idea! This is the first cycling burn edh I have seen so far (and I've seen a lot! ;D )
You say you sometimes lack the speed to successfully overrun your opponents so the most simple way to gain speed is utilizing more ramp:
Use mana rocks and maybe some green ramp spells to be able to cycle even more. Great mana rocks for your deck are Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, Mana Vault, Sol Ring, Gruul Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet or Simic Signet for example.
Also there is some nice card draw which can make your deck even faster: Sylvan Library can draw you three cards instead of one and Sensei's Divining Top is another awesome way to put the cards you need on top of your library. Hope that helps!