|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Exiled||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Sacrifice Lotus Petal: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||Swamy , rkarhade97 , Paradise_Collectibles , Mousemke , NostalgicAce , mcstang1986 , TheRealPeaches , the.beanpole , PhyrexianScience , awalloftext|
|Want (3)||Mousemke , Wiggins , pismy|
Lotus Petal Discussion
3 days ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
3 days ago
1 week ago
This looks like a really good deck! My first thought is that you should take out one Lotus Petal for a Black Lotus. It is extremely expensive, but will work great if you aren't on a specific budget. My second thought is that you should be running 4 copies of Descendants' Path, not just 2. I also think that you should probably take out one copy of Contingency Plan for an Ancestral Recall. Also, your mana base would be much stronger if you run Eye of Ugin, making it much easier for you to cast expensive eldrazi spells. Other that that, this deck looks great! Awesome job!
2 weeks ago
They're too much card disadvantage: if your general is blown up or countered you've spent too many resources on her. Plus, this Commander doesn't gain THAT much from coming down a turn earlier.
2 weeks ago
I play Stax is various variants myself and I can only suggest reducing your land total and replacing them with mana artifacts for 0-1 mana...and use all of the ones legal for commander: Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal, Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Voltaic Key, Lotus Petal. You become much faster and avoid your own land destruction easily.
Land Equilibrium is my all time favourite because it completely stops the game for everyone relying on lands. After a mass removal on lands no one can put a land into play unless you do - with lots of mana artifacts you won't ever need to do this and that's it then. Perfect synergies are Overburden, Mana Breach, Sunder (and the bounced lands can even be used for Card Advantage with Scroll Rack). It would require some adjustment of your mana base, especially adding all the mentioned artifacts, but it's a play style most opponents can't deal with. Maybe you can find some more ideas in my deck Absolutely Static Stax
Academy Rector is great with so many enchantments in the deck, especially to get out a killer Card like Humility. Nether Void, The Abyss and Consulate Crackdown are also nice to bring into play unexpectedly.
2 weeks ago
This looks like a great way to use this new legend...my first thought when it was spoilered was "oh no, I might have to build another stax list in GB now" but I wasn't sure about how to do it. My main concern was that it isn't effective against creatureless opponents because you rely on putting counters on creatures, counters having a negative effect, you know...usually you don't want to put these on your own creatures.
You play a lot of creatures yourself, so you will have targets for counters, but I can see some bad interactions there. I wouldn't play mana dorks with Cursed Totem but replace them with mana artifacts. you are still missing Sol Ring, Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, Mox Opal, Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Voltaic Key, Coalition Relic, maybe Mind Stone and Golgari Signet. You are good to go with 32 or 33 lands then and you can also cut the mana creatures - it's faster and more reliable imo.
Harbinger of Night is an interesting card, but in this build...I don't know if that works. I see that you have Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat, so you might be able to pull off a one time trick with that: harbinger + commander, have them both survive one turn (does that happen?) to get tokens equal to the number of creatures on the table, then play blood artist and have them survive another turn (!) so harbinger kills all the tokens again and everyone loses much life. Honestly, I don't see that happen in a multiplayer game PLUS it only does much if there are already a lot of creatures out.
2 weeks ago
Do you even need Jarad? You can run something like a Lotus Petal to generate infinite mana while going off by drawing it and casting it infinite time as you infinitely dredge your deck. Then you can win with an Exsanguinate or Tendrils of Agony or something like that. That way you don't need your discard outlet to "grow" when cards are discarded, which means you open the door to more discard outlets like Oona's Prowler and Putrid Imp for added consistency.