Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +0/+2 and has reach. (It can block creatures with flying.)
Equip (: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)
1 month ago
Robe of Stars, Mask of Avacyn, Kite Shield, Slagwurm Armor, Accorder's Shield, Mirror Shield, Vanguard's Shield, Cathar's Shield, Magebane Armor, Healer's Headdress, Screaming Shield, Mirror Shield, Ensouled Scimitar, and Spidersilk Net.
I think that's all of the ones that care about toughness
3 months ago
Archetype of Courage and Archetype of Endurance aren't super good value for the mana you put in. If you want increased combat effectiveness, there are toughness buffs, and if you want protection, that are counterspells or targeted protections like Ephemerate or Dive Down or Simic Charm or Resolute Watchdog
Turn to Frog is not a very exciting removal effect if you're in white and could just be running Swords to Plowshares. Same for the tapdown of Winterthorn Blessing, or the delayed value of Fall of the Impostor. Beast Within or Generous Gift are also premier removal.
You have a few off-theme creatures I think you won't much like: Disciplined Duelist works off power, Horizon Chimera gains a little life which is pretty low value overall, same for Lunarch Veteran Flip. Rootcoil Creeper and Llanowar Scout aren't too bad, but I think there are probably better ramp effects for you.
Slaughter the Strong is crazy strong in your deck!
3 months ago
Aegis Angel is a good card, don't get me wrong, but currently given the low number of Angels in the deck as a whole and with no Angel tribal, it might be worth looking into Avacyn, Angel of Hope or, some more budget options, Indestructibility, Gift of Immortality, Kindred Boon, Shielded by Faith, Spirit Bonds, or Timely Ward. All of these grant a single creature indestructible for a lower cost, albeit they are not attached to a big flier.
Nothing for Ajani's Pridemate. It's just a good card. If you're interested in other similar cards, Light of Promise, Archangel of Thune, Gideon's Company, Cleric Class, Heliod, Sun-Crowned, Cradle of Vitality, Celestial Unicorn, and Nykthos Paragon are some good ones.
Archetype of Courage seems a bit weak to me personally. Enchantment creature cards with the same mana value that are white and better for your deck (at least from my POV) include Eidolon of Countless Battles and Heliod, Sun-Crowned.
Banisher Priest is good.
Captain of the Watch and Cataclysmic Gearhulk are both good cards, though the latter doesn't seem to work too awfully well with your deck. I would consider putting in another destroy boardwipe such as Wrath of God or Fumigate.
Chardalyn Dragon is pretty bad, even for an artifact flier. Other fliers with the same mana value include Adarkar Valkyrie, Admonition Angel, Ancestor Dragon, Angelic Skirmisher, Archon of Coronation, Aven Brigadier, Empyrial Storm, et cetera... white is ton of amazing fliers! Put 'em to good use! XD If you specifically want an artifact creature to replace it, Wurmcoil Engine is a good one.
Glint-Sleeve Artisan is interesting, and I see how it plays into a bit of your artifact synergies, but if you want that, just use an artifact creature like Adaptive Automaton, Cloudsteel Kirin, or Etched Champion.
Heliod's Pilgrim has a good effect and it's flavorful, just keep in mind you only have two Auras in the deck.
Kozilek's Channeler is a decent card, but given you like small creatures I'm not sure that paying extra for a big body is a great benefit. Worn Powerstone, Thran Dynamo, Arcane Signet, and if you want to splurge Pearl Medallion are all good ramp in white.
Lagonna-Band Elder can be replaced by one of the cards I told you about in my previous comment.
From there, all your cards are great until Soulmender, which again can be replaced by one of the cards in my previous comment, or even Fountain of Renewal. Same with Stone Haven Medic and Sungrace Pegasus.
Welcoming Vampire is good too.
Feat of Resistance is nice.
Gods Willing is good.
Aligned Hedron Network is good.
Font of Vigor - see previous comment
Sunlance - any other removal that I've mentioned
Also consider Sphere of Safety.
I hope all this helps! ^^" it took a bit to write up but I think it'll help introduce you to some staples and ways about thinking about deckbuilding and power level. I sent you a friend request so that we can keep in touch and so that I can see and help you with your future decks!
8 months ago
Hi there! I've really been liking what you and Gattison have built with your Pauper lists. It's quickly become my favorite format. I'd really like to make this list work in my LGS's Pauper group. Do you have any suggestions for a more current version and a sideboard? Here's what I thought of so far (amounts not yet set):
Spidersilk Net: for the flyers
Angelsong: save from a big swing or, at worst, card draw
Tormod's Crypt: bog standard yard hate
Thanks for your time. I hope you keep up the brewing!
9 months ago
(Yeah hey I'm Reece's friend and I had nothing else happening so I thought I'd take a peek at the deck. First of all, it's a pretty sweet deck, I love this commander and how you decided to build it. Everything I'm saying here are just suggestions to help you enjoy your deck more. Do with it what you will.)
- Due to the final activated ability on The World Tree, it actually has a color identity of all 5 colors, so it can't be run in this 3-color deck. If you want a great resource for finding better lands, I'd recommend looking on managathering.com
- Enlightened Tutor is pretty expensive money-wise, but of you're proxying or playing online it is a fantastic tutor that also sets the card to the top of your library to let Galea cast it with her ability
- This deck is pretty heavy on board wipes in my opinion, but if you like them, keep them. It might be worth running more ways to give your commander indestructible or totem armor such as Hammer of Nazahn or Eel Umbra so that she's not caught in the crossfire. These can also replace instants doing a similar thing for just 1 turn, such as Heroic Intervention
- Have a backup plan for if your opponents decide to kill Galea, Kindler of Hope every time she comes out before she can get protected. You may want to run more creatures to have other targets for your buffs. Many good options in the Maybeboard
- You have plenty of defensive interaction to protect yourself (maybe even too much), but not nearly as much offensive interaction to stop others. Cards like Beast Within or Generous Gift are incredible tools to deal with any problem. Or, consider more cards that have multiple modes such as Selesnya Charm or Primal Command so that you can choose when to help yourself or slow down opponents as needed
- Generally speaking you'll probably want more card draw. Spidersilk Net feels great when you cast it off the top of your library for free, but if your hand gets filled with cards like that you'll feel like you can't do anything. Sram, Senior Edificer is the perfect kind of card draw engine this deck wants to see, more things like him will help immensely.
- Since your deck isn't racing as fast as possible to get Galea out, ramp like Avacyn's Pilgrim and Llanowar Elves become a bit more of a liability. If you want more reliable ramp, consider switching them for more effects that put lands from your library into play. These effects have the added benefit of shuffling your deck afterwards, so once Galea is out you can use them to get a new card on top.
- Be very careful with "protection from color" effects in this deck. Giving a creature "protection from white" will cause any white auras attached to it to fall of and be sent to the graveyard, as they can no longer target the creature.
- Assault Suit is very funny. Use at your own risk...
- If you like Trophy Mage, you'll love Tribute Mage and Trinket Mage. Similarly:
- Nature's Lore and Three Visits or Farseek
- Renegade Map and Wayfarer's Bauble or Expedition Map
- Rune of Sustenance and Rune of Might or Rune of Flight
- Wild Growth and Overgrowth
- Gods Willing and Sejiri Shelter Flip
- Indomitable Archangel and Padeem, Consul of Innovation
- All That Glitters and Nettlecyst
Hope this helps! ~Yoshe
1 year ago
Thank you AmoeboidChangeling!
As for the other two cards you’ve suggested, I don’t have either of those but I’ll definitely keep them under consideration.
For swapping out Cranial Plating I’m thinking of reworking the Artifacts in the deck (perhaps more of them?).
1 year ago
Hey I'm glad the suggestion helped:
Some other things to possibly consider here...
- 4x Infiltration Lens instead of 4x Bonesplitter to provide yourself some much-needed card draw in a deck that has such a low mana curve and likely empties its hand rather quickly.
- Possibly some 0-Mana Cost Equipment to further play off your creature synergy (and the card draw from Infiltration Lens). Popular choices might be something like: Spidersilk Net and Cathar's Shield, and then combined with your card draw you could really ramp up those creatures quite quickly (particularly with Sigarda's Aid in play since you can spend up your mana on opponent's turns to really play into the Speed theme I see here.
- I would really REALLY recommend dropping down to 20 lands with this build, and then probably do in a few Puresteel Paladins and maybe couple copies of Sram, Senior Edificer which might further help out the card draw (which really is what I see being key for this deck to just be a monster and regularly achieve speed victories with extreme frequency hahaha...) You won't need as much land in the deck if you can draw a high amount of cards cheaply.
- Some Kor Duelists would combo extremely nicely with your Hammers, making him a potential game-ender when he swings.
I can see massive amounts of Card Draw and the ability to auto-equip any of your stuff permanently with Sigarda's Aid being just devastating, buteven as-is this is a really nice build, so please don't take my suggestions as criticism. Just some things to possibly play around with if you like this deck (I sure do) and want to tinker with it some more to see what else it can do.
2 years ago
Just for example, I think a 2nd Ornithopter would even be a better place than the one Spidersilk Net. Equal casting cost, still provides flying defense, only it doesn't require a creature in play and it doesn't cost any mana to activate.