Back:Vault of Catlacan
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Storm the Vault
Whenever one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, create a colorless Treasure artifact token with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
At the beginning of your end step, if you control five or more artifacts, transform Storm the Vault.
Storm the Vault Discussion
3 days ago
First playtests led to many changes:
- Flux Channeler out for → Phyrexian Revoker : Does not enough for the deck's strategy. Replaced by something new to test. Pithing Needle is already strong.
- Pyroblast out for → Chaos Warp : Pyroblast is a strong card, as you will most of the time encounter at least one blue player in a game pod. At worst, you may discard it to loot effects. But the Oathbreaker format allows only 60 cards and therefore available spots for suboptimal cards are scarce. Plus I don't play enough loot effects in the new version of the deck. Replaced by another removal.
- Faithless Looting out for → Retrofitter Foundry : Replaced by something new to test with cmc-1.
Manabase and ramp changes:
- Buried Ruin out for → Academy Ruins : Upgrade.
- Mishra's Workshop out for → Volcanic Island : Not enough artifacts to make Mishra shine.
- Chief Engineer out for → Curse of Opulence : Not enough artifacts to make good use of the Engineer. Replaced by another ramp option being tested.
- Mox Diamond out for → Fellwar Stone : Not enough lands and/or land recursion. This mox is very good for fast play and competitive decks. This is not the strategy here.
- Storm the Vault Flip out for → Tangle Wire : Not enough artifacts and manacost too high for what it does. Replaced by something more staxy. Tangle Wire is a salty card, but I like to consider this card more-or-less for ramp. See section above for explanations.
1 week ago
Congratulations for your deck! I like the idea of cloning stuff, and I am still trying to find a build that works. If I can give you a hint, prefer cards that can clone any creature on the field over the cards that can only clone your creatures (everyone should have a Consecrated Sphinx , right? Not only your opponent).
I don't feel like would help you much with cloning. The best (and maybe only) white card that refers to cloning is Mirrorweave .
If you look at https://edhrec.com/themes/clones, you will see that almost all clone effects are blue: Clone , Vizier of Many Faces , Gigantoplasm , Vesuvan Shapeshifter , Body Double , Mirror Image , Supplant Form , Blatant Thievery , Clone Legion , Mirror Match . If you want to copy spells aswell, Insidious Will , Swarm Intelligence and Spelltwine are there for you.
gives you Evil Twin and all black tutors and removal.
gives you Altered Ego , Progenitor Mimic , Spitting Image and all of green ramp and removal. For me, it is the best color to splash on a blue clone deck, because it also allows the Biovisionary alternative win-condition.
As long as commander suggestions are concerned, here are some ideas:
Riku of Two Reflections is the go-to clone commander. He has all the relevant colors for cloning (), but he is crazy expensive at 20 dollars, so it might be good to consider other options:
You can have Keiga, the Tide Star as your commander. This way, you can clone him and let the copy Keiga die to the legend rule. When the Keiga copy dies, you can steal an opponent's creature, while still having the original Keiga.
You can have Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer as your commander. He is a win condition by himself, giving tokens haste and making all of them bigger. Red gives you a lot of token generators: Brass's Bounty , Flameshadow Conjuring , Storm the Vault Flip among others. Imagine creating a token copy of a Kokusho, the Evening Star , then turn all your tokens into Kokusho, then sacrificing all them to the legend rule, then draining all your oponents for lethal. Great value!
You can have Tatyova, Benthic Druid as your commander. She doesn't refer to a clone strategy, but she gives a lot of card draw by just playing lands (your hand will always be filled). You can clone Rampaging Baloths and Avenger of Zendikar for a massive win. Also, you have access to all the blue-green clones and the Biovisionary + Rite of Replication combo.
If you want to use altogether, you might consider Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder or Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis . Yidris allows you to use Evil Twin and all the black removal. Yidris also increases the value you get from playing spells by cascading into other spells. // K&T, on the other hand, gives you card advantage and makes you less threatening while you build your board. White also gives you access to great boardwipes ( Austere Command ).
All in all, good luck in your deckbuilding and have fun!
1 month ago
A few additions, and cards you could take out.
Additions: Daretti, Scrap Savant , Storm the Vault Flip, Krark-Clan Ironworks , Skullclamp , Mana Crypt , Staff of Domination if you dont have anything against tutors: Enlightened Tutor , Whir of Invention , Kuldotha Forgemaster and Demonic Tutor
Cards i would take out: I would first take out Time vault and Tolarian Academy because they're not commander legal. I also don't like March of the Machines because it exposes your artifacts to creature removal/boardwipes. I would also take out the signets, because they don't really do enough. I would also take out Sapphire Medallion and Ruby Medallion , because you deck is mostly based on colorless artifacts.
Some other combos to get unlimited mana that you could put in the deck:
Power Artifact with Grim Monolith or Basalt Monolith , cause even though you can't copy the mana ability, you can copy the untap ability. Once you have resolved the first untap trigger, while the original trigger is on the stack, tap it for mana. This will net you mana, and you can do this as many times as you want. Another option is: Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal , you only need to have mana rocks that tap for 3 or more, and you have infinity mana.
Otherwise a really nice deck!
Here's a link for how i would make the deck: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-03-19-bAm-breya-etherium-shaper/
1 month ago
1 month ago
I think Storm the Vault Flip would be nice for the deck. Sure you may not get the first effect but you have plenty of artifacts to flip it anyways which would provide plenty of mana for your commander. It would definitely have to be a play test kind of thing but it is a cheap card and could add in the artifact lands just to boost those numbers.
1 month ago
Storm the Vault occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%