Archetype of Courage
Enchantment Creature — Human Soldier
Creatures you control have first strike.
Creatures your opponents control lose first strike and can't have or gain first strike.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Archetype of Courage occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Archetype of Courage Discussion
1 month ago
Swiftblade Vindicator Healer's Hawk Danitha Capashen, Paragon Archetype of Aggression Archetype of Courage Aerial Responder Brave the Sands Angelic Skirmisher Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar angelic field marshall Moraug, Fury of Akoum Segovian Angel Master Warcraft Response / Resurgence Reckless Assault Fury of the Horde World at War True Conviction Bonders' Enclave Bond of Discipline Seize the Day Magus of the Wheel Sandstone Oracle Dragon Mage Generator Servant Hellkite Charger
5 months ago
Teach those people to FEAR the Boros! Dolmen Gate and Iroas, God of Victory both turns combat extremely one sided and lets you keep your pointy beaters instead of just trading them. Archetype of Courage is a cheap creature that provides a pretty massive benefit with your commander; hard to lose in combat with +3/+0 and first strike for all your creatures. Along that line Rise of the Hobgoblins can give you both a bunch of tokens AND a first strike button for your creatures. Plus you get to say "Hobgoblin" a bunch of times in a game, that's just gravy.
9 months ago
These are the cards I would add:
- Glare of Subdual: with how many creatures your deck will be producing you’ll have all you need to shut down your opponents attack phases.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: every creature that comes into play on your side equals life gain for you.
- Doubling Season: obvious reason
- Archetype of Courage: combined with your Ohran Frostfang is instant death to all creatures that block yours and yours never even take damage.
- Land Tax: with the low amount of mana sources you have this could you from being mana screwed in the early to mid game.
The cards I would take out to make room for them if you use them all are:
- Cathars' Crusade: reason being on this one is it is extremely difficult to keep track of the amount of counters because of the crazy amount of creatures you have. I’ve seen it happen in a Ghave deck. Person spent about a half hr sorting out all the counters in one turn. You could keep all your tokens as 1/1s and have more than enough to swing wide and one shot the table.
- Emmara, Soul of the Accord: between the high cmc and the fact that if some of your creatures die because of damage you’ll be replacing them anyways is the reason I’ld take her out.
- Mana Tithe: not exactly the most useful counterspell. If you must have a counterspell I’ll suggest Rebuff the Wicked. Far superior to the tithe.
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh: no special reason really
- Collective Unconscious: looks to me like you have quite a bit of card draw even without this one.
9 months ago
Anyway, nice deck!
9 months ago
Contract from Below (ummm... what?? this is too strong and the ante doesnt exist to balance it)
Ichorclaw Myr (colorless infect)
Sun Titan (probably fine)
Porcelain Legionnaire (cheap first strike, hard to kill in reasonable time without using removal spell on a 2 drop)
Winds of Abandon game ending 1 sided wrath (probably just too strong)
Mana Tithe fine card, but not sure why white has counter spells
Peregrine Drake probably fine, but just worth watching for overly easy infinites
Etherium Sculptor potentially too many artifact synergy cards like this in the cube (artifacts might be one of the most well supported archetypes)
Brain Freeze (not really supported?)
Snap again potential infinite mana
Feldon of the Third Path potentially degenerate?
Flameshadow Conjuring (goes infinite with multiple creatures with an iron myr)
Golgari Grave-Troll maybe fine
Sprout Swarm (I've seen this card be silly, but its probably fine)
9 months ago
10 months ago
I find giving Marchesa first strike makes her a very good attacker/blocker so Archetype of Courage will give your board first strike and keep your opponents from getting it.
Sphere of Safety is one of the best pillow fort enchantments you can have in a deck if you decide to dip into that at all.
Authority of the Consuls is a good card to make opponent's stuff enter in tapped and gain you life.