Archetype of Courage
Enchantment Creature — Human Soldier
Creatures you control have first strike.
Creatures your opponents control lose first strike and can't have or gain first strike.
|Have (2)||goldshot20 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (2)||JackS22587 , astacy1993|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods (BNG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Archetype of Courage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Archetype of Courage Discussion
2 months ago
These are the cards I would add:
- Glare of Subdual: with how many creatures your deck will be producing you’ll have all you need to shut down your opponents attack phases.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: every creature that comes into play on your side equals life gain for you.
- Doubling Season: obvious reason
- Archetype of Courage: combined with your Ohran Frostfang is instant death to all creatures that block yours and yours never even take damage.
- Land Tax: with the low amount of mana sources you have this could you from being mana screwed in the early to mid game.
The cards I would take out to make room for them if you use them all are:
- Cathars' Crusade: reason being on this one is it is extremely difficult to keep track of the amount of counters because of the crazy amount of creatures you have. I’ve seen it happen in a Ghave deck. Person spent about a half hr sorting out all the counters in one turn. You could keep all your tokens as 1/1s and have more than enough to swing wide and one shot the table.
- Emmara, Soul of the Accord: between the high cmc and the fact that if some of your creatures die because of damage you’ll be replacing them anyways is the reason I’ld take her out.
- Mana Tithe: not exactly the most useful counterspell. If you must have a counterspell I’ll suggest Rebuff the Wicked. Far superior to the tithe.
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh: no special reason really
- Collective Unconscious: looks to me like you have quite a bit of card draw even without this one.
2 months ago
Anyway, nice deck!
2 months ago
Contract from Below (ummm... what?? this is too strong and the ante doesnt exist to balance it)
Ichorclaw Myr (colorless infect)
Sun Titan (probably fine)
Porcelain Legionnaire (cheap first strike, hard to kill in reasonable time without using removal spell on a 2 drop)
Winds of Abandon game ending 1 sided wrath (probably just too strong)
Mana Tithe fine card, but not sure why white has counter spells
Peregrine Drake probably fine, but just worth watching for overly easy infinites
Etherium Sculptor potentially too many artifact synergy cards like this in the cube (artifacts might be one of the most well supported archetypes)
Brain Freeze (not really supported?)
Snap again potential infinite mana
Feldon of the Third Path potentially degenerate?
Flameshadow Conjuring (goes infinite with multiple creatures with an iron myr)
Golgari Grave-Troll maybe fine
Sprout Swarm (I've seen this card be silly, but its probably fine)
2 months ago
3 months ago
I find giving Marchesa first strike makes her a very good attacker/blocker so Archetype of Courage will give your board first strike and keep your opponents from getting it.
Sphere of Safety is one of the best pillow fort enchantments you can have in a deck if you decide to dip into that at all.
Authority of the Consuls is a good card to make opponent's stuff enter in tapped and gain you life.
3 months ago
Cards I would consider removing:
Mob Rule In my opinion it is either a Win More or a for sure counter at the table
Cathars' Crusade good card but a little to late to the game for the deck, maybe with more token generation.
Pariah's Shield Awesome card and it can save your butt, I think more offence is needed instead of defence though.
Intrepid Hero A hugely under rated card, it would be on the maybe list. I love it but you need more ramp and have an good amount of removal.
Herald of War by the time this comes out you should either be running hard and strong or recovering from a devastating blow. In either case I would not want to draw this.
Archetype of Courage Un-needed, if all your creatures prevent damage and have menace then it makes first strike irrelevant.
Here is a list of cards I would consider:
Mountain Add in one more land, I would be at minimum run 35 lands
Thran Dynamo I would strongly consider one more mana rock
Skyknight Vanguard A low cost flyer that adds bodies
Brimaz, King of Oreskos A very good card that can add a ton of guys to the field.
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight This card is a serious threat as soon as it hit the table, it does come with a high mana cost though.
Legion Warboss Good attacker that adds bodies
Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin Another guy who gets more guys on the field
Purphoros, God of the Forge Auto include for sure, turns every one of your 30 creatures into 2 damage and he gets out of control with tokens entering.
Leonin Warleader A solid attacker that adds lifelink guys
Embercleave An 8/5 with Double Strike, Trample, Indestructible and Menace.... enough said