Creature — Goblin Pirate
When Dockside Extortionist enters the battlefield, create X Treasure tokens, where X is the number of artifacts and enchantments your opponents control. (Treasure tokens are artifacts with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Gain one mana of any colour.")
|Want (2)||raydaman , Runed_Servitor|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Altar of Dementia + Dockside Extortionist + Underworld Breach
- AEther Adept + Dockside Extortionist
- Archaeomancer + Dockside Extortionist + Ghostly Flicker
- Capsize + Dockside Extortionist
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dockside Extortionist occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
Dockside Extortionist Discussion
20 hours ago
epicandSTEVIE Thanks for the taking the time to provide feedback :)
I think I did have Read the Bones and Sign in Blood in the decklist at one point, but removed them for some reason... (Can't remember the reason, so I may go back and squeeze them in as I have had the occasional problem with draw when testing the deck).
Exsanguinate completely slipped my mind so thanks for bringing that one up! I'm definitely try to squeeze it in somewhere.
As for the shapeshifter creatures, I'm trying to look more towards (and possibly adding) non artifact shapeshifters such as Changeling Outcast, Ghostly Changeling, Changeling Berserker as these can then combo with Dockside Extortionist and Cloudstone Curio for some big mana gains.
1 day ago
Thank you so much for your comment Profet93! Super helpful :)
Your first point about lowering land counts and dropping Molten Vortex for a few draw engine sounds like a superb idea!
A lot of cool sugestions will give you my thoughts about them!
- Endless Atlas A great one, that I even have a copy of, I see no reason not to add it :)
- Hedron Archive Not sure sure about this one, it seems a bit expensive at 4 mana. It looks like it would be more used as ramp than draw no?
- Humble Defector This sounds like a fun one! Can even steal it back with Confusion in the Ranks even without Homeward Path (which have some anti-synergy with Confusion). Will definitely pick it up.
- Ignite the Future/Light Up the Stage are very interesting cards, but I would be afraid not to be able to cast what ever I exile or for it to be lands, would need access to at least 8 mana to be able to cast it, feels a bit too slow. Not super sold on these two :)
- Mind's Eye Expensive as you say but will be worth it if the game will drag on, will be looking to picking this one up together with the Honor-Worn Shaku
- Solemn Simulacrum have a few of these laying around, not sure why I never put one it. Will do it until I find something to replace it with. :)
- Wheel of Fortune/Wheel of Fate/Reforge the Soul/Magus of the Wheel, of Fortune is not within my price range, it is almost as much as the rest of the deck combined. I might pick the Magus of the Wheel however as a cheap alternative.
- Curse of Opulence Such a evil card! A lot of my group either play decks that benefit a lot from ramp or who need a lot of mana. So I fear this would help them more than me, I will definitely put it on my list to pick it up if I see one cheap though. Cause I do want to try it.
- Dockside Extortionist Strong card! But unfortunately a bit to expensive, will put it on my "buy on a bargain" list though!
- Mind Stone will put in this one, like it more than the Hedron Archive as you can drop it a lot faster.
- Ruby Medallion Neat, will be looking to picking one up
- Sword of the Animist That's true! It basically reads "Pay 2, Put a land from your library into the battlefield tapped", will be looking to adding this one too for sure!
- Tough one, $15 is about what I am prepared to put down on a single card, if it isn't a win con or simply a "must have", I wouldn't say this is either but it is strong and versatile so will probably pick it up if I can.
- Etali, Primal Storm Aww, I just bought this guy for my Xenagos' Dudes goes Face deck where he can get instant value, maybe I should have picked up two of them. My fear here is that it's can be a bit too slow to have to wait another turn to be able to attack with it.
- Sunbird's Invocation Insane card. At the point I can put this down the game is either over or would be over in a few turns. Most of the cards in the deck needs a few turns to actually do something so even though this card is insane it might be too late?
- Sensei's Divining Top Love this card so much, but unfortunately a bit too expensive. It's on the "Get it on a bargain" list :)
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle It's also a bit too much to put on a card that is only going to ping for 3. If I had a few more ways to put out lands each turn it could be worth the 20$
- Chain Reaction Good idea, will replace it when I find one
- Nevinyrral's Disk Will be looking to pick one up!
- Blast Zone Looks to be a bit slow? Will pick one up anyhow and test run it
- Terror of the Peaks Yeah, wanted this in Norin as soon as I saw it. It have been dropping in price in my local market so will be looking to picking a couple up for my decks soon.
Again thank you so much for your comment, it have been super helpful.
I am super interested in hearing your thoughts about cuts to the deck. Like what you think is too weak or doesn't fit. :)
2 days ago
Why isn't Norin listed as your commander? In any case, I have a couple ideas...
Molten Vortex - I get the concept behind this card with your high land count, but rather hope to draw this card as you are flooding your deck with a high land count and less draw, why not increase your draw and lower your land count a bit? This way, you are less reliant upon top decking and card find an easier time to maintain gas in the mid-late game. Draw ideas are as follows...
Endless Atlas - Comes down early, cheap to use, only 2nd to tome of legends but very worthwhile nevertheless
Hedron Archive - Acts as ramp when you need it and card draw when you don't. Pretty useful
Ignite the Future/Light Up the Stage - Unlike cathartic reunion which provides virtual card advantage by giving you a better choice of cards, ignite the future provides actual card advantage. Plus, flashing it back is nice when you have ran out of gas. Light up the stage is nice, especially in your build which focuses on little damage accumulating since it can be played even cheaper. Both are highly recommended.
Mind's Eye -While expensive to cast, helps ensure gas in mid-late game. Goes well with Honor-Worn Shaku which should also be added as a strictly better wornpowerstone in this deck, because with Norin + Eye + Shaku, you can tap Norin each upkeep to untap Shake and use it to fuel mind's eye for card draw. Not to mention tapping down purphorous and your planeswalker to ramp feels good too
Solemn Simulacrum - Not necessary but a good staple in most mono red/white builds given it provides you with what you need, card draw and ramp.
Now that we have discussed card draw, it is time to help you ramp out your goals more quickly....
Curse of Opulence - Politics, and ramp with Norin that can start as early as T3. Very helpful. Don't forget, you can use the treasure tokens it makes with goblin welder to bring back an artifact!
Dockside Extortionist - Comes down early, makes lots of mana, very powerful card especially in the right meta. Highly recommended.
Mind Stone - Ramp when you need it, card draw when you don't. Its a baby hedron archive
Ruby Medallion - Ramp, plain and simple
Sword of the Animist - Imagine Norin with the sword attacking and then running away to get a land. Very fun!
There is more ramp but this should be a decent help given your CMC is low enough already despite the chaos cards, especially for a Norin build! Kudos to that! Now let's discuss some utility...
Chandra, Torch of Defiance - Ramp, removal, draw and wincon all in 1. Don't sleep on this card
Etali, Primal Storm - What chaos deck doesn't love the chaos dino? It can be a wincon on its own!
Sunbird's Invocation - This card reads, if you don't destroy me, I win in the next few turns. The amount of value this card brings is insane
Sensei's Divining Top - Top deck filter and a rare draw when you need to dig a little deeper.
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle - Highly recommended with all of your mountains
Lastly we should discuss removal....
Chain Reaction > Storm's Wrath - There are usually many creatures in EDH and this just destroys them all instead of the weaker ones.
Nevinyrral's Disk - I see no way for you to deal with enchantments, having one reset button is crucial in case things get out of hand.
Blast Zone - Another option to deal with enchantments or pesky permanents that fits its way into the land base
Terror of the Peaks - Newest addition to any Norin deck. Synergy and power blended together at a fair CMC.
I have other suggestions and ideas for cuts should you wish. Be sure to let me know what you think of each suggestion. Looking forward to your response.
3 days ago
Dockside Extortionist is a ridiculous Timmy play, but it is fun af.
Love Korvold, +1
4 days ago
The deck is really cool but you’re running a lot of high costed spells yet very little ramp. Think about adding staples like Arcane Signet, Sol Ring, Rakdos Signet, Crypt Ghast, Dockside Extortionist, Solemn Simulacrum, Thran Dynamo, Commander's Sphere ect... Also think about running a couple more lands, 34 is pretty low especially with the cmc of the deck (you should try to lower it too)
1 week ago
1 week ago
I have A LOT of suggestions and questions for this deck. But I'll start off with a few since it's a bit late...
Ancient Tomb > Temple of False
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle - Value, synergy with thawing glaciers. If you wanted to, you could add a Deserted Temple for thawing glaciers and an Expedition Map to help ensure land drops and get them together (although unnecesary to add temple and expedition map, just an interesting idea)
Where is your card draw? I barely see any. I know thats red's weakness and you have Tome, wheel of fate, hedron, mindstone, Chandra torch, light up the stage, experimental frenzy, outpost siege, chandra fire, and torch. But that doesnt seem like enough? I know what I listed is long, but most of those don't pull too much weight. You should consider adding Endless Atlas, Humble Defector, Solemn Simulacrum and last but not least Skullclamp. Skullclamp works with norin given the new commander ruling, and makes those myrs do more work.
Given you run experimental frenzy, have you considered adding Ugin, the Ineffable + Sensei's Divining Top? Both of those with experimental frenzy lets you draw your entire deck, and each piece is good on it's own. Top for filter and is cheap to cast, Ugin to get rid of enchantments which is red's 2nd weakness, "card draw" and makes 1/5th of your deck cheaper to play.
WTH is chartooth tiger doing in here? Same with Copper Tablet. Both seem misplaced, the tablet I "kind of get" but it doesnt actually interact with the board in any meaningful way. Not looking at anything else, those 2 are RIPE for cutting.
I REALLY like tanglewire, thats good to note. Cool with norin and tanglewire itself, thats given me something to think about.
Would love to hear your comments on each suggestion. If you want to take a look, here's my Deck
1 week ago
So, if you have a world gorger line you're going to want Entomb and Buried Alive they're easy ways to get the dragon into the yard. Additionally, you could add a Phyrexian Delver and Karmic Guide (to a lesser extent due to it being pro black) into the mix to double solidify your back up plan. Faeburrow Elder and Bloom Tender with Freed from the Real have proven to be super efficient for generating infinate mana but you may struggle getting all 5 colors but running Thrasios, Triton Hero fixes that; lastly, Dockside Extortionist with Temur Sabertooth or Emiel the Blessed have been the spicy tech people have been on for any 5c infinite mana combo.