|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2014||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifacts you control have indestructible. (Effects that say "destroy" don't destroy them. Artifact creatures with indestructible can't be destroyed by damage.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Darksteel Forge Discussion
3 hours ago
most of your creatures dies when Heartless Summoning enters the battlefield, so I would get rid of it.
That leaves space to make the deck into a myr-tribal deck. I would consider cards like Myr Battlesphere (which, with 20 Myr in the deck, is a wincon in it self), and Myr Matrix which makes more Myr, and make them stronger.
1 day ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
1 week ago
Hey,I should be ok with that trade.
Me:Vindicate - EMA - 5.49
All Is Dust - MM2 - 15.47
Darksteel Forge - 2014 - 7.76
You:Vedalken Shackles - 13.25
Vigor - 16.10
= 29.35 (using MTGgoldfish prices)
I'd be ok with this. If you could initiate a trade (i'm not upgraded), that would be great. Otherwise you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to finalize.
1 week ago
Enchantments are a problem for black, but there are cards in black to remove permanents, just need to keep them in your hand until they are really needed.
2 weeks ago
I love this idea, and am stoked that you are trying it - you have some bollz going mono blue. I have been trying to find a decent tutor for mechanized production in blue and am coming up blank, nothing comes close to Enlightened Tutor, Demonic Consultation etc... I have always found that banking your hopes to win on a 4 of with no/insufficient tutor leads to a lot of heartbreak, so maybe look into some alternate win conditions so this deck doesnt end up in your closet like my Triskaidekaphobia failure ;). Another problem I had with that deck is that players had an entire turn to figure out what to do, because enchantments arent instant speed. So whats that enchantment that gives you flash?
Tezzeret the Seeker x 4 seems like an easy choice for this deck, and maybe a few other alternate win conditions. I like a one of Darksteel Forge with tinker in there, and Tolarian Academy, otherwise dont plan on casting it. speaking of academy, try and find a blue x spell that could pose as another wincon? Since that plus 10 investigation tokens, etc... is pretty much an instawin with the right spell. Biomass Mutation, but you would need more creatures, or another way to turn your artifacts into creatures, even if temporarily.
love the idea, hope you get this one up and running soon
2 weeks ago
Elixir of Immortality and/or Cranial Archive for stuff you toss to Kozi, Reality Smasher, Thought-Knot Seer, Void Winnower for board state and value, Ring of Three Wishes, Tamiyo's Journal to tutor and draw, Darksteel Forge to protect your vast collection of artifacts. Cool deck, +1
2 weeks ago
Playtested a few times, and you need to increase your mana. Had to Rickmulligan too many times. Next your initial curve is way off... You are basically a sitting duck for 3-4 turns. You need some early protection, we can look at options later.
I'm not liking Ongoing Investigation as you have a low creature base and no GREEN at all.. Maybe if you put in a couple Slip Through Space, you can combo off that, but I'd probably ditch it for more creatures. Trail of Evidence isn't really exciting me either, but maybe if you keep 1 or 2 in, since you have a lot of instant/sorceries in this deck (as it sits now).
Lastly, I think you need one more artifact besides clues/citadels. Probably go with either Servo or Thopters... or I forgot the card, but there is an artifact that gets counters that can generate 1/1 myr tokens. Muli has it in his white deck... That could be an option, especially if you Mechanized Production it. Small indestructible creatures are an option too.
Anyways, those are my initial thoughts, I like way its heading though.
2 weeks ago
Looks pretty good! here are some general suggestions:
Board wipes: Sometimes the game gets out of hand and you just need a reset button to take care of the scary things your opponents are doing. At present all you have for this category is supreme verdict and ugin. I usually aim for atleast 3 sweepers per deck personally. Nevinyrral's Disk can be brough back with your commander and is especially evil if used with Darksteel Forge.
Creature removal: In almost every edh game you play, your opponents are going to cast creatures you need to get off the board, and fast. Spot removal like Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares etc is nice to ensure these threats are taken care of without needing to nuke the entire board.
Noncreature removal: Artifacts and Enchantments are also pretty common and its important to have answers. Aura of Silence and Seal of Cleansing can even be brought back with your commander. Things like Detention Sphere or Grasp of Fate are also nice.
Card draw: EDH games tend to go on a lot longer than other formats. This means that you will soon run out gas in hand and be reliant on topdecks. This is where card advantage comes in. Cards that allow you to draw more than 1 card are good ways to restock your hand. Cards that give you advantage over time like Vedalken Archmage also do the trick.
Cards i'd take out ( i'm not saying these cards need to come out urgently or that there aren't others that could be removed but these are the ones that jump out at me)
Epitaph Golem: as your commander returns cards from your graveyard, you would wouch rather they stay there than putting it on the bottom of your library. Junktroller can atleast slowly remove your opponents grveyard, golem cannot.
Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant/Beacon of Immortality: Unless you have a large lifegain theme i'm not a fan of just having a bit. Also I find that in an edh game if your life total becomes significantly higher than everyone else at the table, it just encourages them to attack you to bring you back down to your level.
Turnabout but i don't think you can abuse it too much
Shell of the Last Kappa, while i think you can use it here more than most seeing as hw you will want to hold up mana to use hana at your opponents end of turn, i'm not a fan of this card.