|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifacts you control have indestructible. (Effects that say "destroy" don't destroy them. Artifact creatures with indestructible can't be destroyed by damage.)
Darksteel Forge Discussion
2 days ago
I am honestly unclear on official "wishboards" in EDH (different sources will say different things about it from not allowed to 10 cards but no sideboarding to playgroup-dependent), but if you can confirm that you're allowed to use him, Karn, the Great Creator with a Mycosynth Lattice in the side is a potent win-condition, plus you can potentially cut a couple situational artifacts to make room for more ramp/counterspells and include them in the side instead. Lattice also just in general has some interesting interactions with the different pieces of Nevinyrral's Disk + Darksteel Forge . Also, even without the wish effect grabbing Lattice, Karn can kill lands if you turn them into artifacts which your deck can already do in a couple ways.
sushilord7: Tokens are actually sent to the graveyard and therefore they "die" just like a regular creature. The difference is that once they get there, only then do they stop existing because they don't have a "spell" form as an actual card.
1 week ago
recommend Thopter Spy Network , Ashnod's Transmogrant , Silverskin Armor , and / or Transmogrifying Licid . the first just because the card draw and token productin is solid, the other 3 as options to make your commander hexproof - by making her an artifact.
other cards to consider are All Is Dust as removal (a bit on the pricy side, but leaves uncolored artifacts alive)
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Hey, thanks a lot for your suggestions! There might be couple I'd like to use. As for the others, I've listed my thoughts below:
- I am already using Parallel Lives , and I'm not sure my deck relies enough on tokens to justify running both that and Anointed Procession , especially since it doesn't work with Tolsimir (aside from giving me the extra 3 life). If I feel I need to extra token generation, I might consider throwing in a procession.
- Bower Passage , I don't really like. I dislike cards that straight up turn my creatures unblockable for the right opponent (and may do nothing for others). Dense Canopy I like more, since it affects the whole table, and might therefor work better as a diplomatic tool. Same goes for Gravity Well . The problem remains though that they're dead cards if I'm playing against someone without flyers out. For a first draft I'd rather rely on the removal granted by the fighting ability and see if I still have enough trouble with flyers to justify one of them.
- Coat of Arms I don't like much as a card, and it goes against the theme. The last goes for Generous Gift as well, I think Beast Within fits the theme much better.
- I might add Skyshroud Claim if I feel I need more ramp. Nature's Lore I just just don't like in EDH. It has too little impact to be worth a card slot for me.
- I had been looking at my lack of recursion, and considering something like Praetor's Counsel to address it, but I felt it went too much against the theme. Seasons Past is a much better alternative. I'll consider adding it.
- Lastly, I'm going to straight up disagree with you that Aura Shards is in any way better than Sylvan Reclamation . Not only does it exile the targets (which helps against indestructible targets like Gods or Darksteel Forge , against which Aura shards is useless), but it's instant speed whereas I need to pre-emptively cast Aura Shards to be able to respond to artifacts or enchantments coming out, giving my opponents a chance to deal with it before they play their big targets (or get a free turn with them if I hold the Shards back). On top of that, I can basic landcycle the reclamation if I ever find myself in dire need of land. I had considered Aura Shards instead of Nullmage Shepherd , as they are much more comparable, but ended up opting for the shepherd since it allows me to more easily destroy targets on instant speed (since I just need untapped creatures rather than a way to pump out creatures on instant speed to trigger it).
I couldn't help but notice you had a list of your own. I'll take a look at it later and let you know my thoughts on that.
3 weeks ago
i agree Hellkite Tyrant but you need Mycosynth Lattice and Darksteel Forge to make everything an artifact including lands and take players boards like its nothing and then win in one turn, and then make them all indestructible so there is nothing that can be done about it
4 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions, lifemtg. I'd consider adding Darksteel Forge , but it's $20 I'm not willing to pay on one card right now. I do like the combo with Nev's Disk, though, and Nev's Disk would be a decent addition, too, and I will keep it in mind. The only bad thing about the Disk is it really puts a target on you for turn. Ratchet Bomb and Steel Hellkite run well in its place.
I had cut Nemesis Mask for Poison-Tip Archer , but didn't consider cutting a land for it. I'm already at 35, and am really leery about dropping much lower than that. Do you think I could get away with running 34 lands? I just worry about a bad draw?
1 month ago
1 month ago
soooooo, the past few days I looked at Darksteel Forge . And then I looked a bit more at it and a bit more.... And then I thought about what you said that it was a bit outdated.
I just don't see it. It fits in our curve, it protects itself AND all other artifacts. I just don't see a downside over it...
Could you please explain it to me :)
Darksteel Forge occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%