Draw a card for each creature you control.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Collective Unconscious occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Collective Unconscious Discussion
2 weeks ago
Raining Cats and Dogs Nice work bdodds, I think you have selected a handful of great cards but I'd think you could benefit from an earlier CatDog play and cheaper creatures to really start raining cats and dogs. Even without Aluren, every creature coming in with an extra token produces insane value. Especially considering your general's ability.
Below, I would like to outline 4 core concepts and considerations. Ramp, Creatures, Protection, Draw.
Ramp - Prioritizing cards that help you play Rin & Seri turn 3! Nature's Lore Rampant Growth Three Visits Boros Signet Selesnya Signet Gruul Signet Talisman of Conviction Talisman of Unity Talisman of Impulse Fellwar Stone This should be easy to replace the ramp packaging you already have. Look to cut cards like Explosive Vegetation, Chromatic Lantern, Obelisk of Naya, etc.
Creatures - Prioritizing 3CMC or less and upping your creature count to closer to 30! Think about adding creatures that fullfill multiple roles and allow you to run less other stuff. Qasali Pridemage is a great example cause it can pump a swinger +1/+1 as well as remove a pesky enchant or artifact.
Cheap Utility Kitties- Adorned Pouncer Brimaz, King of Oreskos Bronzehide Lion Initiate's Companion King of the Pride Leonin Relic-Warder Oreskos Explorer Pride Sovereign Qasali Ambusher I like the returners you have for multiple cast triggers too! Can get stupid with Aluren... Whitemane Lion Temur Sabertooth Fleetfoot Panther ? Snow Hound
Protection/Return - Build a huge board and keep it protected! Unbreakable Formation Rootborn Defenses Heroic Intervention Teferi's Protection Asceticism Marshal's Anthem Kindred Boon Akroma's Will Flawless Maneuver
Draw(ish) - The cheaper the cards in hand the more you gonna empty and wanna draw! Skullclamp Colossal Majesty Elemental Bond Beast Whisperer Fecundity Garruk's Uprising Descendants' Path Realmwalker Hunter's Insight Snake Umbra Lifecrafter's Bestiary Mentor of the Meek Guardian Project Return of the Wildspeaker Shamanic Revelation Slate of Ancestry Collective Unconscious Camaraderie
General good cards for Cat/Dog: Maskwood Nexus Mirror Entity Crib Swap Felidar Retreat Basilisk Collar Thousand-Year Elixir Rings of Brighthearth Seht's Tiger Shields of Velis Vel Naya Charm Kindred Summons Volatile Claws Beastmaster Ascension Titanic Ultimatum Hour of Reckoning Triumph of the Hordes Finale of Devastation Idyllic Tutor Winds of Abandon Lightning Greaves (secret lair dog art!) Coat of Arms Swiftfoot Boots Impact Tremors Rhythm of the Wild Aura Shards Shared Animosity Mirari's Wake Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip Any Cheap Changelings really...
1 month ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman : It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx : Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine : Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb : Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify , Song of the Dryads , Kenrith's Transformation : A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention : A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious : Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes : Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth / Utopia Sprawl : Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring : It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits / Nature's Lore : Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus : I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens : Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World : This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle : You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient : All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun : Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman : You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise : A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning / Exploration : If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet : Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!
1 month ago
Well, duh, lol. Sorry, I saw Collective Unconscious and didn't read the full comment. Totally my bad.
1 month ago
2 months ago
my man, that is one beautiful and simplistic list :D I have a deck that's very similar to this, and I find that Collective Unconscious does wonders in late game. and if you squint a bit, the greenish people in the art look a bit snakey ;) also, Obelisk of Urd or Coat of Arms wouldn't hurt, if you don't feel like thy clash too much with th aesthetic ;)
2 months ago
Squirrels are cool!!
Maybe add Collective Unconscious for card draw?
4 months ago
Hey, nice budget version, less than $50 is impressive.
Command Tower is now less than $1 and is one of the best lands in Commander. Selesnya Sanctuary is another upgrade for a dual land. Quest for Renewal good with Emmara letting you create Soldiers or tap your tokens for other effects during each opponent's turn. Good repeatable draw with Mentor of the Meek. Glare of Subdual goes well with Renewal as opponent creature lockdown using tokens. Nullmage Shepherd can wreck opponents artifact or enchantment strategies.
Felidar Retreat is a new enchantment in Zendikar Rising for tokens. It's repeatable no mana cost Township effect or create a Cat token just by playing a land. Worth adding Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse and Myriad Landscape it adding Retreat. Champion of Lambholt can make your token army unblockable since she grows each time a token is created.
Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter combines well with Good-Fortune Unicorn to make each token created a mana dork. Jiang can put a counter on Emmara making it easier to tap her while also making mana. If going the Vehicle route for crew then Aethersphere Harvester and Untethered Express are some budget upgrades.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Forest
- 2x Plains
- Blossoming Sands
- Anointer Priest
- Crusader of Odric
- Attended Healer
- Infiltration Lens
- Curse of Bounty
- Renegade Freighter
- Ovalchase Dragster
- Fleetwheel Cruiser
- Krosan Grip
- Entrapment Maneuver
- Collective Unconscious
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Muscle Sliver is worthy of consideration.
Ward Sliver is evil but a useful option.
Quilled Sliver is an option.
Sentinel Sliver could allow you to attack and still have blockers or have mana dorks during and after combat phase.
Harmonize is that green card draw I mentioned.
Glimpse of Naturewould work well in this deck.
Hunter's Insight can let you draw a lot.
The Immortal Sun could be useful.
Bring to Light is a way to tutor a sliver like hive lord.
Harmonic Sliveris helpful removal.
Sliver Hive could be a useful land.