|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
( may be paid for with either or 2 life.)
, , Sacrifice a creature: Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost equal to 1 plus the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||vishnarg , MoJoMiXuP , cklise , Fullmetalmage , HydraOoze , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Zomgasa , Lindough , switchkill65 , CAPT.Shock , geazykagar , Falte , Auriel , TehDelta , Venser_the_Sojoner , CampbellStev , TheRealPeaches|
|Want (4)||TheHelvault , Halphinian , mafmatician , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Birthing Pod Discussion
6 hours ago
Overall I like the deck, but I'm wondering about a few of your card choices. I expect many of them are driven by local meta, but I'm still curious.
Aven Mindcensor - obviously a good card in Stax but doesn't really advance your strategy.
Birthing Pod - I saw your explanation above but this seems fairly inefficient compared to other cards you could have in its place.
I'm also surprised there is no Sylvan Library. It's a fantastic draw engine, low CMC and fairly inexpensive.
Thanks for the deck!
17 hours ago
Lots of goodies to consider before Disciple likely. Sitting here looking at:
- ramp (Elvish Mystic, Bloom Tender, Gaea's Cradle, Cabal Coffers/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth)
- midrange-y goodness (Grave Titan, Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth, Lord of Extinction)
- a Necrotic Ooze combo (Walking Ballista, Phyrexian Devourer, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed/Triskelion)
- dredge package (Golgari Grave-Troll, Stinkweed Imp, Life from the Loam)
- table drain (Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Exquisite Blood, Massacre Wurm)
- attrition package (Merciless Executioner, Fleshbag Marauder, Desolation)
- creature based targetted removal (Reclamation Sage, Caustic Caterpillar, Woodfall Primus)
- stax package (Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, Contamination, Null Rod)
- tutor package (Buried Alive, Birthing Pod, Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Sidisi, Undead Vizier)
- better sac outlets (Phyrexian Altar, Ashnod's Altar, Viscera Seer, Greater Good)
- general good stuff (Sylvan Library, Damnation, Mana Crypt)
1 day ago
4 days ago
Neat list. Birthing Pod is an interesting addition that I'd never considered for Ur-Dragon.
Given that you have Survival, Pod, Greater Good and Bazaar, have you considered running Unburial Rites? It does a decent impression of a D Tutor that puts the card directly in to play here. But you have enough ways to dig and tutor that maybe it's not good enough.
4 days ago
Ramp is very important, with instants, sorceries or enchantments. Jund is one of the more powerful shards for ramp and tutors. Diabolic Revelation Behold the Beyond are just a couple that some folks might forget or overlook.
I gotta make dinner for my kids. I'll revisit this later and see if anything else strikes me. In the meantime, you can check out my Kresh the Bloodbraided deck for some ideas.
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 3 | 501 VIEWS
1 week ago
1 week ago
thanks for the comment and advice!
i had Brightstone Ritual and Shared Animosity in krenko, but ive found that ritual isnt as good since half my creatures arent goblins, animosity definitely has potential still, and i will re add it since its a good card. Marton is mainly for the 3rd 6 cmc slot for Birthing Pod curve, but animosity does wear it better
urabrask and banner are both things I own that arent in use, they do seem good here for card advantage but im not sure what to cut for them, i definitely will playtest with them a bit
Triumph of the Hordes is nasty, im not a huge fan of infect in edh but ill definitely pick one up for my high end playgroup
also, I havent got any good usage out of the hideaway lands as i would have liked, and gorge does enter tapped a lot of the time, so i will cut those in favor of basic lands until i can acquire a Gaea's Cradle and Taiga xD
thanks again for the input
may your goblin tokens be plentiful
1 week ago
Have had conversations with Lilbrudder about artifact heavy Thrasios/Tymna builds. Birthing Pod + Trinket Mage is a solid inclusion - it pods from Trinket Mage (who fetches LED) into Auriok Salvagers. if you include Kiora's Follower you can play pod, sac Thrasios to get mage and then untap pod with follower all in one turn.