|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Scout
: You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Llanowar Scout Discussion
1 week ago
And Hedron Crab would be a nice Win-Con with this combo.
I'm running this combo in my Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle EDH Deck.
1 month ago
Burgeoning Exploration Solemn Simulacrum Skyshroud Claim Nature's Lore Farseek Abundance Sylvan Library Gush Kodama's Reach Sakura-Tribe Elder Sporemound Mana Breach Overburden Wood Elves Yavimaya Elder Llanowar Scout Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip Burnished Hart Farhaven Elf Explore Splendid Reclamation Nissa's Renewal Boundless Realms Nissa's Pilgrimage Animist's Awakening Far Wanderings Life from the Loam Grow from the Ashes Collective Voyage Horn of Greed Ghirapur Orrery Rites of Flourishing Into the Wilds Temple of the False God Myriad Landscape Amulet of Vigor Ghost Town Urban Evolution The Mending of Dominaria Thawing Glaciers Cultivate Sylvan Ranger Manabond Skyshroud Ranger Coral Atoll Ensnare Fathom Seer Flooded Shoreline Meloku the Clouded Mirror Parallax Tide Planar Overlay Storm Cauldron Tidal Bore Thwart Trade Routes Tragic Lesson Uyo, Silent Prophet
1 month ago
I too am I big fan of lands matters decks. I like your reasoning for wingrace over gitrog and completely agree with you.
I’ll put my feedback into some panels to make it look nicer.
Nice deck. Have a +1
1 month ago
So if I understand the infinite combo correctly, you have to enchant both the Oboro Breezecaller and the Llanowar Scout with Freed from the Real in order to get this combo working properly with the Simic Growth Chamber . Please let me know if I didn’t understand that properly, as I quite like this deck idea. I don’t know if it will be fast enough to deal with the current Pauper meta, especially if opponents will be breaking pieces of the combo once they know how it works, but it does look fun.
1 month ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
2 months ago
The core of it is a mix of Courser of Kruphix / Oracle of Mul Daya to let you play lands from on top of your library, then Brainstorm with Jace/Augur to put lands on top of your library (which you can then play) and keep useful cards. After ramping a bunch and drawing cards, you win with big Landfall creatures like Avenger of Zendikar , Embodiment of Insight , or Rampaging Baloths (which is pretty cool imo).
Oracle of Mul Daya is really expensive, so you might want to go all 4 Courser of Kruphix and play some Wayward Swordtooth or Llanowar Scout or something instead; if your friend only plays casually that would probably work okay. Or just make proxies.
3 months ago
JustinWunderlich, yes, it also has a +1/+1 counter theme to get Omnath beefed up. I’m also running some trample effects so that the commander damage gets through. So, how the infinite mana works with Retreat to Coralhelm + Storm Cauldron is you need either Llanowar Scout , Sakura-Tribe Scout or Walking Atlas . Tap a land for mana, it’ll bounce to your hand because of Storm Cauldron . Tap a Land dork, ie Llanowar Scout to put that same land into play, which triggers landfall from Retreat to Coralhelm which you choose to untap Llanowar Scout and just keep repeating those steps for infinite mana. This can also be done similarly with Cloudstone Curio instead of Storm Cauldron .
3 months ago
Llanowar Scout occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%