|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
, Put the top card of your library into your graveyard: Gain .
Deranged Assistant Discussion
4 months ago
Skaab Ruinator , Visions of Beyond , Deranged Assistant , Psychic Spiral , Tome Scour , Curse of the Bloody Tome , Fraying Sanity , Traumatize , Manic Scribe , Jace's Archivist , Windfall , Extremely Slow Zombie , Chill of Foreboding , Chronic Flooding , Dreamborn Muse , Pieces of the Puzzle , Vision Charm
5 months ago
I see this same thing happening in alot of molly D decks. You use alot of instants and sorcery when you can use a permanent that does nearly the same thing. Boardwipes you should be running Bane of Progress Pernicious Deed Plague Boiler Tranquil Grove Phyrexian Scriptures Oblivion Stone
These adds (especially the mana ramp) will make the deck run smoother and more consistent.
8 months ago
Honestly, no one has yet convinced me that Searing Meditation isn’t the most powerful text ever printed on cardboard. It wrecked in the Naya deck I learned to play Magic with, it inspired me to be a Johnny, and I’ve forced it into SO many decks since. It’s my opinion that they just haven’t printed 56 other cards good enough for it yet(;
Other fav is Deranged Assistant , cuz that flavor and flavor text!
10 months ago
Instead of signets and spell ramp, run creature ramp to help with both your graveyard count and sidisi triggers. Sakura-Tribe Elder is just the best for this and there are a few that sac themselves which makes it safer vs board wipes. There are ALOT of 2 mana ones that help with curving into sidisi turn 3 aswell.
Millikin and Deranged Assistant are OK if you aren't too color heavy.
Tombstone Stairwell is a absolute gem if you can find one!
Finally your creatures dont have to be purely zombies, instead of adding filler ones, there are amazing non zombies that do great things with zombies.
1 year ago
Hey here are some suggestions on what to add and remove (there's 14 cards in all suggested to include, and 14 below to remove).
(Add) Siren Stormtamer, Spore Frog, Night Incarnate, Stitcher's Supplier, Living Death, Dimir Signet, Tatyova, Benthic Druid, Grisly Salvage, Mind Stone, Reclamation Sage, Farhaven Elf, The Mending of Dominaria, Viscera Seer, and Noxious Gearhulk.
Tracker's Instincts, Nevermaker, Millikin, Hesitation, Slum Reaper, Deranged Assistant, Demonic Vigor, Yavimaya Granger, Plague Boiler, Fertilid, Warped Landscape, Aether Spellbomb, Perpetual Timepiece, and Progenitor Mimic.
1 year ago
Hi! I'm personally a huge fan of Muldrotha as a commander; so first of all, nice choice! Here are some cuts and additions I'd recommend:
- Archetype of Endurance. This card is very powerful to be sure, but Muldrotha already needs a lot of mana to function, and you don't have very many ways to cheat it into play.
- Butcher of Malakir. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are more expensive money-wise, but being cheaper on mana and also more resilient makes them much, much better.
- Deranged Assistant. It looks good at first glance, but it's a 2-mana dork, and you're not playing any of the 1-mana dorks anyways. The single-card mill is a very minor upside.
- Millikin. Same as above.
- Nyx Weaver. It can be very good, but it's just too slow. There are much better ways to mill yourself, and a 6-mana Regrowth is way too much mana.
- Progenitor Mimic. A powerful card to be sure, but this isn't the deck for it.
- Slum Reaper. I think this card is only really worth running in decks that badly need the 3rd Fleshbag Marauder. Shriekmaw is almost always going to be better.
- Aether Spellbomb. Looping it can be fun, but bouncing a creature is a terrible waste, and there are better ways to draw cards with artifacts.
- Perpetual Timepiece. This card was good on Game Knights when they were only using Standard cards, but we have better options.
- Plague Boiler. This card is also cool, but once again, we have better choices.
- Demonic Vigor. Fun with Muldrotha, but there is usually so much exile-based removal in Commander that this card isn't as good as you think.
- Hesitation. Sweet include, but looks a little too cute. Very easy to play around, and also counters your spells.
- Skeletal Grimace. Same as Demonic Vigor.
- Thrull Retainer. Same.
- Grave Pact / Dictate of Erebos
- Living Death
- Dimir Signet
- Siren Stormtamer
- Farhaven Elf
- Wood Elves
- Evolutionary Leap
- Altar of Dementia
- Ashnod's Altar
- Pelakka Wurm
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Glen Elendra Archmage (pricey, but very powerful)
- Nihil Spellbomb (secretly fantastic here)
- Sultai Charm
- Phyrexian Arena
Hope this helps! Feel free to leave a comment on my profile if you'd like further suggestions for this or any other deck! Good luck!
1 year ago
You can easily replace some of these cards with more Gitrog triggers, like Hedron Crab Screeching SkaabDeranged Assistant or more dredge cards. Doing so would make all your extra card draw options redundant, so those cards might as well come out like Sign in Blood and Harmonize.
Getting your land drops would be a breeze too with all those card draw triggers, so mana-fixing like Abundant Growth and Gift of Paradise isn't really necessary in a dual-color deck. Mana-ramping cards however could be benefitial if your running enough.
These are the cards I think can be taken out to make room for Gitrog triggers: Greater Good, Increasing Savagery, Altar's Reap, Deathrite Shaman, Deathcap Cultivator, Garruk's Horde, Lumberknot, Oblivion Sower, Artifacts and Enchantments.
1 year ago
Burnished Hart is specifically good as you can cast it for your artifact-per-turn, meaning you can cast it and a creature from your graveyard each turn.
Deranged Assistant occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%