|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Altar of Dementia
Sacrifice a creature: Target player puts a number of cards equal to the sacrificed creature's power from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
|Have (4)||Mortiferus_Rosa , , sonnet666 , Vasbear1|
|Want (6)||0210 , Tobyyy , Mako , mathletism , Halbrech , nosh78|
Altar of Dementia Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, nice start, well made first version.
I think it's a mistake to play more Forests and Islands than Swamps because you need Swamps more than any other lands to play Zombies. Consider less Forests, less Islands replacing with more Swamps and dual lands? Lands within the deck's budget to consider adding:
- Llanowar Wastes
- Underground River
- Tainted Wood : only if add more Swamps.
- Blooming Marsh
- City of Brass
- Ash Barrens
Undead Augur and Cryptbreaker are great tribal Zombie cards. I especially like the interaction of these Zombies with Gravecrawler . Cryptbreaker is an engine for Zombie tribal which is busted for a one drop. Carrion Feeder is another one drop Zombie who has good interaction with Gravecrawler and Augur. Plague Belcher has a good Zombie tribal ability. Wonder is powerful when you have discard outlets, good with Island dual lands (Watery, Breeding, Sunken and Fetid). Buried Alive can tutor for Gravecrawler and Wonder and put them into your graveyard. Having another way to tutor for Gravecrawler and other Zombies and get them into the graveyard is helpful to play them with Muldrotha. Deathrite Shaman is not a Zombie, but its a great versatile card in multiplayer Commander. Mystic Remora and Animate Dead are excellent cards to replay with Muldrotha.
Some cards that are within the deck's budget that are upgrades:
- Nature's Lore > Rampant Growth: because playing Forest dual lands ( Breeding Pool and Overgrown Tomb ).
- Beast Within > Murder
- Diabolic Intent > Diabolic Tutor
- Final Parting > Razaketh's Rite
- Chromatic Lantern > Gilded Lotus
- Liliana, Death's Majesty > Liliana, Untouched By Death
Cards to consider cutting:
- 4x Forest
- 4x Island
- Rampant Growth
- Razaketh's Rite
- Diabolic Tutor
- Gilded Lotus
- Liliana, Untouched By Death
- Risen Executioner
- Soulless One
- Curse of the Bloody Tome
- Dread Summons
- Graf Harvest
- Kindred Dominance
- Havengul Lich
- Noosegraf Mob
- Kodama's Reach
Consider cutting Ashnod's Altar , Altar of Dementia and Door of Destinies to clear enough price to add Phyrexian Altar ? Because of having Gravecrawler then Phyrexian Altar is a big upgrade since it can make colored mana which can combo with Gravecrawler and another Zombie. Good luck with your deck.
3 days ago
3 days ago
LVL_666 absolutely the best feedback anyone has ever given. Its not only feedback but ways to fix it, and help telling me how to go about setting the page up to help other people also.
I do want to stick to mono green I do like the idea of white green. I have a modern deck that's novablast wurm, and Engulfing Slagwurm . You cant see the facial expressions as I am typing this but it has no removal also ha. Just ramp and wurms like this.
So I used this commander for multi purpose ramp, removal, and card draw. However it can be changed. I did have Grothama, All-Devouring I just ended up not liking the strategy.
For draw there is a few options Greater Good , Grothama, All-Devouring , the commander... Yea thats about it ha. I did have Abundance I could put it back in. I have a few tutors to set things up but they aren't top picks that's for sure. One strat for card draw was tutor Praetor's Counsel and Altar of Dementia mill myself and return everything from the graveyard to my hand. Something that could probably go in the primer like you said. I will set one up. Thank you for the links.
Sylvan Library man.. I know im saving up. Its a beast of a card. So question I guess... The suggestions you made with the mono green cards... Without the deck primer, what would you swap? I will get on and study about deck primers and how to make them. That being said
Without the deck primer, what would you swap just seeing what you do?
5 days ago
Just opened up a brand new foil Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis , which currently sits at $38.99 on TCGPlayer. Does this seem like a card that will hold most of that value or should I trade or sell it before it drops? I heard it's also appearing in Vengevine Modern lists with Altar of Dementia , if that impacts anyone's opinion.
6 days ago
Hey, good start, but with Liliana as Commander consider expanding on the sacrifice theme? Sacrifice strategies with aristocrats can be good and powerful, but you need to commit to them with many sac outlets to make the payoffs for sacing creatures worth it. Cards such as Liliana herself, Pawn of Ulamog , Sifter of Skulls , Grim Haruspex , etc. are payoffs for sacing creatures, but they're lackluster without sac support.
Cards that are within your deck's budget to consider adding for sacrifice strategy:
- Viscera Seer
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Carrion Feeder
- Ashnod's Altar or Altar of Dementia : Dementia is better than Ashnods for the strategies here because it's a repeatable enabler to get creatures into your graveyard, but it's also more expensive price.
- Blood Artist
Reanimation is a fine secondary strategy to use consider also expanding on it:
- Cryptbreaker : repeatable way to discard cards and get value in return.
- Stinkweed Imp : dredge is a fast and repeatable way to get creatures into your graveyard.
- Golgari Thug
- Putrid Imp
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : enabler to get cards into your graveyard and reanimation.
- Living Death : mass reanimation and mass sacrifice.
- Command the Dreadhorde : mass reanimation using life which you have a lot of in Commander.
Other cards to consider adding:
- Crypt Ghast : mono black staple.
- Necropotence : mono black staple, less good when you have to discard unless you have a tons of cards in hand.
- Mutilate : powerful board wipe when playing lots of Swamps.
- Bubbling Muck
- Sign in Blood
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel : great payoff for playing mono black.
- Bloodgift Demon
- Reliquary Tower
- Hero's Downfall
Cards to consider cutting (no order):
- Raise Dead
- Sword-Point Diplomacy
- Dark Dabbling
- Bone Harvest
- Dead Reckoning
- Death Denied
- Liliana's Spoils
- Swarm of Bloodflies
- Drana, Liberator of Malakir
- Barrier of Bones : can be upgraded.
- Cadaver Imp : can be upgraded.
- Spellbook : can be upgraded.
- Indulgent Tormentor : can be upgraded.
- Mindwrack Demon : can be upgraded.
- Puppeteer Clique : can be upgraded.
- Wailing Ghoul : can be upgraded.
- Ever After : can be upgraded.
- Ulamog's Crusher : eight drop.
- Visara the Dreadful : seven drop.
- Butcher of Malakir : seven drop.
- Necromantic Selection : seven drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Harvester of Souls : six drop redundancy that you don't need.
- Sifter of Skulls : redundancy that you don't need.
6 days ago
I like the idea of Blasting Station as an answer to Surgical Extraction on the Altar of Dementia . I think blasting station has some value. You can also overload the triggers on the stack in order to grind out maximum value against Relic of Progenitus . You can also backdoor win against Death's Shadow decks as any variety (4C / Grixis / Esper). I hope the card does it's job, which is to make the deck better post board.
1 week ago
1 VIEW | IN 1 FOLDER
If your deck consistently top 8s, then there's some good potential with persist. What sort of matchups does it want?
1 week ago
Solemnity does not make creatures with persist "indestructible". i would change that line because it is misleading. i would also recommend taking out Phyrexian Unlife . opponents will be blowing up Solemnity on sight which ruins the combo. it can easily be replaced with Good-Fortune Unicorn which serves the exact same purpose as Solemnity / Melira, Sylvok Outcast . Serum Visions and Opt should be traded for Path to Exile and Altar of Dementia . you need removal, and the cantrips aren't needed when you already have several different combinations of cards that result in infinite combos
Altar of Dementia occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%