|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Wurm
When Massacre Wurm enters the battlefield, creatures your opponents control get -2/-2 until end of turn.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, that player loses 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||ironax , CastleSiege , Pelli , Xunfor6iv3nX , , Archegos , miracle , duff87 , Shiromakuro , , rikertchu , cklise , Faceless_Being , geazykagar , Forkbeard , Azdranax , perrin515 , warcry02 , ZombieFood , Zomgasa , Nemesis , mentor6 , Vasbear1|
|Want (28)||ryaniskool , kungfurabbi , spentbullets , thatrainbowberry , jeremy3036 , AlphaSp , Myllyes314 , SlickWizard , ryuzaki32667 , Bicko , Syram , , xafeara , mango_channel , Melmo , epic-jargon , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , rakdos24 , rocsta_ , ArminiusD , Uncommon_Courtesy , nicmarti , notsaying , fireborne1986 , pauldiamond64 , Desol4tion , Geerie , Elementalism|
Massacre Wurm Discussion
1 week ago
Haha, Casual is indeed relative, thanks for your kind words.
Thanks for the Primal Surge advice. I gave it a try this week and removed any non permanent from the deck. If it resolve, I put the entire deck on the table and win with the Gray Merchant of Asphodel trigger and/or I kill all opponents lands with Living Plane + Massacre Wurm trigger.
The deck did 4:1 with the updated list.
3 weeks ago
- Baleful Force: Personal favorite. Big, dumb card advantage engine
- Massacre Wurm: I've never regretted having this card in my hand, both abilities are so strong in so many cases
- Kokusho, the Evening Star: Explosive value in multiplayer
- Sheoldred, Whispering One: Pretty obvious
- Phyrexian Obliterator: Not actually all that great in EDH, but probably fits the bill as a "big" beater. Certainly looks and sounds intimidating.
4 weeks ago
Daedalus19876, that sounds like an interesting deck. I'll have to check that out later!
That's right, Elenda's sac trigger is just icing on the cake for this deck. With in mind, I agree your wargear is better suited overall.
Helm of the Host is crazy costly, there's no denying that. I don't blame you if you can't find anything to trade it out for either. I will say this though: if you have Anointed Procession already on the field, whatever the helm is copying will make 2 of that creature. If you equip it to Grave Titan, not only would that make 2 of it, but it would make 8 zombie tokens as well. Every turn! Giving it to Massacre Wurm would give your opponents' creatures -4/-4 every turn, Lord of Lineage Flip would be ungodly powerful even if you can proc it just once, etc. It's a heavy investment for sure, but I think it's at least worth considering.
1 month ago
oh an you should definitely run 24 lands if you're playing Snapcaster Mage. he basically "requires" 4 mana if you want to play both him and a spell (of cmc 2) in the same turn. and if you're trying to get an extra trigger off him with naban, thats about 6 mana. which your deck simply won't have. which makes Massacre Wurm much too expensive.
1 month ago
lance4224130 Hey, as we are playing exactly the same colours EDH decks, I had to come here too!
I started EDH with a Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief deck (which is on my page if you want to have a look, it may give you some ideas).
As experienced, I don't really like Magus of the Coffers. Even if you got the boots to directly equip him (and you don't play them, which is understandable with Erebos as commander), it's really slow. If you're looking for a card with a similar effect, you could put in a Doubling Cube (a bit greedy though, but I love this card), an Extraplanar Lens (play snow-covered swamps if you go for it, so your opponents won't get any benefits) or Jet Medallion.
Consuming Vapors feels badly slow and only affect one dude. Even if it has rebound, I won't play it. I play Choice of Damnations in my Rakdos, Lord of Riots deck because I have the ability to down everyone life totals quite quickly... in a hard control deck as this one, I think it's just not good enough. Your opponents will often choose to lose something like 9-10 life points on the best cases, and you will spend all your mana in a useless card. Same reaction for Consume Spirit, Soul Burn and Drain Life. Except maybe in some greedy Jeleva decklists, Curse of the Cabal seems like a bad card for EDH.
If you want to play devotion, Phyrexian Obliterator and Necropotence are staples. Erebos's Titan is not bad either (and flavorful). Dread Shade at leat deserves some testing playtime. Even if it's not your initial strategy, Grave Titan is huge and ugly - so it's definitely everything you like in his kind of deck. Kokusho, the Evening Star is a great tread to take advantage on your opponents.
If you want to stay on a more ''creatureless'' devotion version, you could try out Kuon, Ogre Ascendant which is hard to flip, but pretty damn effective.
All Is Dust makes out as a great board-clear, but you should keep in mind it also forces you to sacrifice your enchantments. Phyrexian Scriptures are nice in synergy with The Abyss, but it's quite a slow card. Massacre Wurm is a nice card to control the board (hum... to destroy every token deck), healing you and giving you a strong body on the battlefield.
Bitterblossom with Contamination and/or Attrition is op - Bloodghast / Ophiomancer serve the same purposes, and you will also love to add Skullclamp if you go for it, having access to a nice sac outlet is what makes monoB that strong in my opinion (also with cards like Ashnod's Altar, Grave Pact, Dictate of Erebos (flavorful!) etc.).
You have the Lich's Mastery which seems funny.
I certainly forgot a lot of cards, but I'll let you know if something else come to my mind. Have great fun building it up!
1 month ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
1 month ago
I believe Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker should be in here.
+1 from me. I have a superfriends control Bolas deck if you want to check it out: E. V. I. L..
Don't be scared off by the price tag, a lot of the cards in there except for the lands and some walkers are pretty affordable.
1 month ago
You don't need that many wincons, especially since you have tutors. Cut Drain Life and Consume Spirit for more card draw or removal.
Not sure what the role of all the token generators is. You could cut some of them as well. Army of the Damned should give more Zombies than Empty the Pits. Razaketh, the Foulblooded is a good way to make use of tokens.
You don't seem to be running enough creatures to benefit from Mikaeus or Nim Deathmantle. Sepulchral Primordial, Noxious Gearhulk, and Duplicant are always good to recur. Perhaps Tetzimoc, Primal Death or Massacre Wurm for a bit of mass removal?
Myojin of Night's Reach would be good for mass discard.
Cut Basilica Screecher. Doesn't contribute much. You already have Crypt Ghast for extort.