|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Snake Elf Druid
When Coiling Oracle enters the battlefield, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||Ashy , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Friedrice24 , TheDuggernaught , angesoir , TheRealPeaches , ironax , bakunet , Yawkcorb , killstars , Reliva , rikertchu , Epidilius , Va1mar , DFDGamer , itheoryz , , PTsmitty , Vasbear1|
|Want (28)||Dave , sleepy104 , vaerth , kovellen , GS10 , ASCLEPIUS , Moonling , cainanunes , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , crzto_1082 , mastermojo7 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , Gobeman , remm , Thotny , Djricci97 , Bicko , kvfd1719 , StoicHippo , mlouden03 , Barashy , RazortoothMtg , BringerOfStorms , sgtpumbah , LotusPhi , xorthias , cornonjacob , failurechild88|
Coiling Oracle Discussion
5 days ago
Hi Baka-Mangaka! I really like the deck you have here. I can honestly say that I've never seen a Momir Vig, Simic Visionary deck like this before, perhaps maybe because I rarely even get to play my deck too often. This deck is super fast and competitive and I have to commend you for it. Just having Altar of the Brood on the field can just win you games once you have your engine going. The only small things I would change is to put more multicolored creatures in the deck like Coiling Oracle or Thrasios, Triton Hero just in case you have trouble finding your Sleight of Mind effect cards. While you're at it, you could also throw in a Simic Signet or other ramp spells, but you already have a lot of creatures that do that for you so I can understand if you'd choose not to. My own Momir Vig, Simic Visionary deck is based around a board lock combo instead of vomiting value onto the battlefield. If you'd ever want to check out that deck to see more options for tuning this deck, you're more than welcome to do so anytime! Nice Job!
Commander / EDH
165 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
1 week ago
Hi Unas! I like the deck list you have here. I think they theme of manipulating the top card of your deck is a good idea that you should stick with. However, I do think that if you have too many creatures that have the same effect on the board, it makes them useless when you only really just need one. Not to mention the redundancy that even your Commander has essentially the same effect. If I were to make some small changes, I would take out any of the underwhelming and redundant cards like Veteran Explorer and Oracle's Vault for cards like Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, Coiling Oracle, and Altered Ego. All of which are multicolored, so when you cast them you will get both of Momir Vig, Simic Visionary's triggers. I also have a Momir Vig, Simic Visionary Commander deck that has the same general theme as yours does. If you'd ever want to take a look at it for some card examples, you're more than welcome to do so anytime!
Commander / EDH
158 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
2 weeks ago
Basically everything ToolmasterOfBrainerd said...be careful with having too many cantrips..when it comes to being "competitive" or "not shit"... at least as far as Netdeckers/Tournament play is concerned... but if in a lax play group/friends or a typical LGS a Chasm Skulker/Lorescale Coatl brew could be tasty.
Have you considered going with help from Simic players like Plaxcaster Frogling and Fathom Mage? Have some guys out there with evolve like Cloudfin Raptor and then using Bioshift or maybe proliferate spells like Steady Progress?.... there are lots of ways to play higher mana spells sooner with things like Explore/Coiling Oracle and classic mana dorks/rocks like Llanowar Elves/Simic Signet.... Shielding Plax for protection?... Kiora, the Crashing Wave for the lulz?
4 weeks ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 month ago
I've been putting together a budget Muldrotha list and my budget constraints have led me to find quite a few amazing cards that pair with Muldrotha.
First off, with all your sacrifice/reanimator affects, using cards that take advantage of those affects will be beneficial. Butcher of Malakir, Dictate of Erebos, and Grave Pact add a lot of control to the deck. Cards like Fleshbag Marauder and Merciless Executioner get extra value, as does every one of your sacrifice engines. Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest makes these affects even more powerful. Pump up your whole army while picking off theirs or gaining value through sacrifice engines.
Nyx Weaver and Splinterfright are excellent ways to fill your graveyard in addition to what you're already running. Sidisi, Brood Tyrant also helps to fill your graveyard while providing extra value for your self milling in the form of a zombie army.
Executioner's Capsule is excellent repeatable removal that takes up an artifact slot. Very valuable. Tormod's Crypt helps shut down opposing graveyard strategies, over and over for free. Wayfarer's Bauble provides ramp in the artifact slot.
Attrition is an excellent sacrifice engine that is also repeatable removal. False Demise serves as a way to keep your commander on the battleground or take an opponents creature/commander. Font of Fertility provides ramp in the enchantment slot. Heightened Awareness is a great way to draw an extra card every turn for practically free. Monastery Siege provides similar value. Seal of Removal gives repeatable bounce in an enchantment slot. Vessel of Nascency gives repeatable draw and fills your yard in an enchantment slot.
Here's some good value cards I've found in my deck building process: Dawnstrider provides repeatable fogs while not really costing you anything once your commander is out. Hermit Druid fills your yard and provides land consistency. Waterfront Bouncer provides repeatable creature bouncing. Silverglade Pathfinder provides repeatable ramp. Hell's Caretaker provides repeatable reanimation. Coiling Oracle is full of value. Siren Stormtamer helps repeatedly keep your creatures safe. Best part about all of these is that they're easy sacrifice fodder once you no longer need the abilities and they work crazy well with Skullclamp, which is easily the best sacrifice engine you can run in this deck.
I love playing Muldrotha because I feel there are so many ways to play her and they're all viable. Hopefully this helps :)
xyr0s on Bant Growth
1 month ago
Gavony Township is a pretty good 1-of, as a lategame manasink.
Coiling Oracle can be good with anything "landfall". I think a full set of those would be good, and a single copy of Courser of Kruphix - a bit of lifegain and not drawing lands can be a lategame advantage.
If you plan on using +1/+1 counters for growing your creatures, Hardened Scales is good too.
1 month ago
You definitely need to add some boardwipes, I only see the disk.
Maybe add these cards:
Panharmonicon if you go with an etb theme
Manglehorn make mana rocks come in tapped
Reclamation Sage etb removal
Eternal Witness expensive but on theme
Viscera Seer cheap, sac to scry not bad, especially if you want to reuse a creature for an etb effect
Satyr Wayfinder self mill
Sylvan Safekeeper SUPER good for protecting your big bois
Tatyova, Benthic Druid great if you're going for a landfall subtheme
Yavimaya Elder good for mana fixing
Coiling Oracle once you start playing from graveyard, essentially a draw spell
Meren of Clan Nel Toth with a sac theme, could be a good secret commander
Yahenni, Undying Partisan sac outlet
Wood Elves good ramp outlet once you start recurring
Archaeomancer good way to get back your non-permanents if you run self mill/wheels
Hermit Druid self mill
Maybe take out these cards:
Baleful Strix not a lot of utility unless you just need flying blockers
Notion Thief it will certainly be in the graveyard at some point, but flash is what it makes it so good; also no guarantee you'll have Whispering Madness to cast with it; you have several tutors though so maybe you could get it off
Sheltering Ancient buffs your opponent's creatures if I understand correctly; you'll have to buff at least one creature to even attack with this
Shriekmaw a little too specific about removal
Abrupt Decay cmc might be too low to use in some cases
1 month ago
Once you get infinite mana with palinchron/DEN, there are many infinite outlets you can go to. The way you kill everyone with BSZ is you flicker coiling oracle to put all your lands into play and all non lands go to your hand. you cast BFZ to kill a player, then it will be the last card in your library. flicker coiling oracle once to draw BFZ, cast it again, kill another player, it goes back to the library, flicker coiling oracle, draw BSZ, etc.
+1 for me and I do plan to at the Elixir of Immortality as soon as I get one to the list