|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Elspeth vs. Kiora (DDO)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Snake Elf Druid
When Coiling Oracle enters the battlefield, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.
|Have (6)||, PTsmitty , metalmagic , shinbatsu , simicstudent , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (6)||rodgersm , Flamadiddle , decaprez3 , Tobyyy , Lunnderbolt , gregc387|
Coiling Oracle Discussion
1 hour ago
Hey, several good cards here especially in the manabase. Consider expanding on the value you can get from Muldrotha?
Budget cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower : one of the best lands for multicolored Commander decks.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best repeatable no mana cost sources of draw in multiplayer Commander. Don't pay the upkeep cost on your turn and play it from your graveyard with Muldrotha to potentially draw cards during each of your opponents turns. Play it early game and it can give you a big advantage.
- Animate Dead : powerful reanimation enchantment that can target any creature in any graveyard including your opponents.
- Pernicious Deed : versatile repeatable nonland permanent board wipe because you have some control over what's destroyed. Pay five mana to destroy nonland 5 CMC or less cards which doesn't destroy Muldrotha.
- Commander's Sphere : ramp, sac it to draw a card.
- Mind Stone : ramp, sac it to draw a card.
- Coiling Oracle : two drop, mana efficient creature to get value with Muldrotha.
- Buried Alive : tutor for three different creatures and put them into your graveyard to then play them from your graveyard with Muldrotha.
- Vessel of Nascency : repeatable way to search top of library for certain cards, the cards you don't choose go to the graveyard which fuels Muldrotha.
- Wood Elves or Farhaven Elf : ramp, Wood can search for a dual land: Overgrown or Breeding. Farhaven can search for a basic land and both of these puts the land you searched for onto the battlefield.
- Seal of Primordium
Cards to consider cutting:
- Ipnu Rivulet
- Leechridden Swamp
- Quest for the Gravelord
- Font of Fertility
- Seal of Removal
- Unhallowed Pact
- Burnished Hart
- Golgari Cluestone
- Slum Reaper
9 hours ago
Reclamation Sage , Wood Elves , Springbloom Druid , God-Eternal Rhonas , Retreat to Hagra , Tatyova, Benthic Druid , Coiling Oracle , and Eternal Witness (It's Gavin BTW) Maybe Baleful Strix and Mulldrifter
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Hey, your deck looks good except the manabase. You've neglected the manabase in favor of the rest of the deck :( This manabase is for a $100-$200 budget deck not a $400+ deck. If deck price is a concern then cut Primal Vigor since it's a redundant five drop because of Doubling Season and one of Palinchron or Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger ; use the $56+ to improve the manabase. Palinchron can be cut and replaced with less expensive price Peregrine Drake .
I would start with getting one of each of the Pain lands and Shock lands, more dual lands that ETB untapped which are wanted to cast Animar on curve. Shock lands, Pain lands and Check lands manabase is fine with basic lands. 21x basic lands is a lot for a $400+ three color deck that wants to make difficult mana cost turn three/four consistently.
Lands to consider adding:
- Yavimaya Coast
- Shivan Reef
- Karplusan Forest
- Game Trail
- Sulfur Falls
- Breeding Pool
- Steam Vents
- Stomping Ground
- Exotic Orchard
- Botanical Sanctum
- Cascade Bluffs
- Flooded Grove
Ancestral Statue is the only creature enabler for Animar here. Consider more than Statue?
Upgrades to consider:
Other upgrades to consider:
- Fauna Shaman > Secrets of the Golden City
- Birds of Paradise > Explosive Vegetation
- Rattleclaw Mystic > Skyshroud Claim
- Paradise Druid > Kodama's Reach
- Beastcaller Savant > Rampant Growth
- Farhaven Elf > Search for Tomorrow
- Vizier of the Menagerie > Increasing Savagery
- Forgotten Ancient > Renegade Krasis
- Coiling Oracle > Hamletback Goliath
- Lifeblood Hydra > Hydra Broodmaster
- Signal the Clans > Solidarity of Heroes
Creatures who ramp give you more with Animar because if cast before can help to cast Animar and then afterwards if cast can add counter to Animar. These mana dorks who can make any color of mana for Temur can help the manabase, bringing consistency of color fixing for playing Animar faster. The same can be said for creatures who can put a land onto the battlefield because it's then ramp who can be bounced and played again. There's already more Forests than any other lands which is good when playing green mana dorks. Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Hey, nice concept and well made deck, lots of good cards here. I also really like the deck name :)
Because of such a expensive price deck I think the manabase can be improved because 16 basic lands is a lot for a three color deck. For starters consider adding the new Horizon lands from Modern Horizons: Waterlogged Grove and Nurturing Peatland ? These lands are good for draw with Muldrotha's ability to play a land from your graveyard as well as with Crucible and Excavator. Strip Mine is replayable land destruction. Ancient Tomb is a powerful land in Commander, good ramp for six drop Muldrotha. City of Brass and Mana Confluence are helpful Rainbow lands.
Some upgrades to consider:
- Animate Dead > Seal of Removal
- Sylvan Library > Phyrexian Arena
- Pernicious Deed > Seal of Doom
- Deathrite Shaman > Cultivate
- Birthing Pod > Prime Speaker Vannifar
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier > Rune-Scarred Demon
- Spore Frog > Merciless Executioner
- Sylvan Safekeeper > Mnemonic Wall
- Baleful Strix > Deadeye Navigator
- Coiling Oracle > Time Stretch
- Trinket Mage > Walk the Aeons
- Chromatic Lantern > Thought Vessel
Consider cutting some card redundancy for more lower CMC versatile options? Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
1 month ago
Deck looks good, few suggestions would be your land count is a little concerning. There is a good chance you will get bricked more times then not I’d be in the low 30s at least.
I think ramp will be your best friend. As a fellow grave yard player it takes a few cards to dump and reanimate so having more mana makes your combos faster. I wouldn’t go for mana dorks but cards that bring lands out for you. Cheap ones like Farhaven Elf and Coiling Oracle .
I know Ghoultree looks good as a 10/10 for possibly cheap but without trample he can be easily chump blocked by a 1/1 token. If you want a cheap big guy look at Molderhulk helps if you have some lands in the grave.
Also Lazav, the Multifarious is a great card but I found him to be slightly lack for the reason graveyard decks love enter the battle field effects. Lazav clones but since you are not casting the cards he will not trigger those effects.
Might want to trim the creatures and focus on getting the really good ones down faster
1 month ago
You should run cards that return themselves from the graveyard to your hand, for more Arkbow fun. Probably the best card for your budget and colors would be Sosuke's Summons . The best card to find would be Mystic Snake . Other cards like Coiling Oracle and Sakura-Tribe Elder would be good finds, too. The basic idea would be that you discard it to the Vivien's Arkbow , find a snake, put it on the battlefield, and immediately return all your Sosuke's Summons from your graveyard to your hand.
Coiling Oracle occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
GU (Simic): 1.22%
RUG (Temur): 2.01%