|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
, Gain .
, , Sacrifice Tectonic Edge: Destroy target nonbasic land. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls four or more lands.
Tectonic Edge Discussion
6 days ago
Hello there Senomar, I really appreciate the response! :)
Yeah i have been on the fence of Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker and hes definetly gonna go at some point!
I feel like languish is fine in MY meta, not that often that it will kill any of my own creatures as i run so few and it also kills Meren of Clan Nel Toth and other 4 toughness creatures in my meta :) As for Fiery Confluence theres not alot of artifacts that it would kill so i would go with radiant flames instead of it :P
If i go with the reasoning that Counterspell is bad in 3 colours then i should probably take out Cryptic Command aswell, but my manabase is trying to accomedate the color intensive spells i play, reason for not alot of utility lands. Except for Tectonic Edge which i want to be a wasteland later :)
Recently cut Go for the Throat and i know its kinda controversial with me just saying that theres not alot of artifacts in the format but had to try cutting a spot removal for Thought Erasure . Tho now i think about it i should probably have cut Terminate instead.
Maze of Ith , is definetly a card some people play, but i really dont like it even tho it can save you alot of damage.
As for the more expensive suggestions, i really want them all... Snapcaster Mage , Liliana, the Last Hope , Wasteland but money ;) Force of Will is a card im really not that big a fan of getting 1. because of the price 2. Don't like the card disadvantage it can give as my meta can be quite grindy. (Ofc i know its a amazing card) Force of Negation or Negate are considerations instead :)
1 week ago
Academy Ruins Buried Ruin Seat of the Synod Darksteel Citadel Inventors' Fair Minamo, School at Water's Edge Ancient Tomb Hall of the Bandit Lord Crystal Vein Tolaria West Reliquary Tower Mishra's Workshop Halimar Depths Temple of the False God Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback and it's great to hear from another Titania player! I would love to see your list. My list has become very foiled over the years, but that's just because I love the deck! To address your suggestions:
I definitely agree with Pir's Whim and at this point, I'm not sure why it isn't in my deck. I must have been distracted by other cards in Battlebond to have not notice it during spoiler season back then. Ha!
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa is definitely a no from me. The trample is mediocre and I can just make more 5/3 elementals if I don't have enough damage on board. The wrath protection is interesting though. I recently added Natural Affinity to my list, and it does the same thing, but at instant speed and 3 mana. Also, the deck is already good at rebuilding from boardwipes. Usually killing my board means Titania is dying, which lets me play her again for more ramp and value.
Green is so bad at removal. I run very little interaction other than land destruction. Mouth of Ronom definitely would work as a way to interact with my opponents more. Thanks for the idea! I've also ran Karn Liberated at some point because he is great removal. I'm also going to being trying out Ugin, the Ineffable because of Haven of the Spirit Dragon synergy.
Zuran Orb has been pretty bad lately, so I might drop it for other Lifegain cards. Buried Ruin is a good idea, but the artifacts I run aren't essential to my gameplay. Seasons Past and Eternal Witness do the same thing.
As for Food Chain , I removed the Food Chain package to lower the power level of the deck. The package is genuinely insane in the deck, but my group didn't really like to play against it. Instead, I put together a General Tazri Food Chain cEDH deck with it. I highly recommend Food Chain in Titania though. You can exile tokens for creature mana. With Command Beacon + Food Chain , you get infinite 5/3 elementals and with a land sac outlet, you can get infinite mana to cast other spells by casting Titania and bring back lands to convert the Food Chain mana into normal mana. Otherwise, if you have a Strip Mine in your graveyard, you can just cast Titania infinitely and bring back Strip Mine and kill all your opponent's lands. Food Chain is busted.
Again, thanks for the suggestions!
3 weeks ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
Tata on Teysa tokens
4 weeks ago
I think Scoured Barrens , Terramorphic Expanse , and Evolving Wilds can be cut for utility lands. Strip Mine , Wasteland , Tectonic Edge , Ghost Quarter , Phyrexian Tower , Bojuka Bog , Emeria, The Sky Ruin all come to mind as better than those 3 lands that I mentioned.
I also you're playing too many lands at 39.
I also think your deck is missing out on a lot of ramp cards. Tithe , Knight of the White Orchid , etc., are all pretty useful. I like creatures that get you lands like the knight (or things like Solemn Simulacrum because they also fuel your sac engines.
1 month ago
Nice deck. If the price is not a concern you could exchange Tectonic Edge , Field of Ruin or Encroaching Wastes with Dust Bowl , Ghost Quarter or Wasteland . You have quite high costs and some (x) cards. You could inculde some infinity mana combos like Grand Architect + Pili-Pala or Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal + mana rocks.
other consideration: Padeem, Consul of Innovation
1 month ago
Great to see people still keeping this archetype alive; it's all but extinct in my scene! That being said, the lack of Field of Ruin does bother me, especially since you agreed with lands such as Tectonic Edge could be possibilities. I'd consider it.
2 months ago
Nice list and great card choices. I am Jenara player myself and I can tell on the spot your list is very competitive.
I think you should consider running few utility lands: Eiganjo Castle , Minamo, School at Water's Edge , Yavimaya Hollow , Cavern of Souls and Tectonic Edge . First three from the above really help and support Jenara on the battlefield.
Feel free to check my list where I share in description strategies against my opponent decks (I play Leviathan Commander - 30 hp format).
I will be more than glad to discuss and exchange strategies for Jenara. I am looking for good strat against Sai thopter aggro and Aminatou control. Let me know if you have any cool ideas.
Cheers and have a successful smashing with Jenara!
Tectonic Edge occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.09%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%