Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Creature — Elf Druid
: Add to your mana pool.
: Add or to your mana pool.
Slashdance on Shalai, Full Auto - Primer
4 weeks ago
qbaq84 Thank you! I do like Skyshroud Elf, but for the moment I am trying to keep the creature ramp to a minimum. I have a lot of 2-drops for ramp at the moment, but only 3 one drops, so I like Avacyn's Pilgrim a little bit more, and Skyrshroud is only green-specific ramp with added fixing at a cost. That said, I'll keep it in mind!
Also, I did make some changes just now: All Will Be One is back in the deck, I decided it really earned it's place due to it's removal capability (not for damage against an opponent).
Archangel of Thune and Spike Feeder are out ... they weren't performing as strong individually, though they had a nice infinite combo. AWB1 adds two infinite combos in their place.
Also added Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider and Branching Evolution, two more counter doublers. I removed Parallel Lives as it was a remnant from when I had more tokens in the deck and somehow missed removing it.
Took out Wood Elves as well, just not enough forests to justify it, and if anything I'd rather search for plains or mountains since we have more green lands anyhow.
Lastly, we added Doubling Season ... I don't actually own the card yet, but it's simply the best card for this deck, period. I will be getting one very soon. Until then, I added a Primordial Hydra to the deck.
eliakimras on The Gay Pride
1 month ago
If you want more pillows, Agitator Ant and Kitt Kanto, Mayhem Diva are good options. The Ant is itself a second copy of Orzhov Advokist.
If you value having K&T on the battlefield as soon as possible (I do), consider running Fellwar Stone, Skyshroud Elf, Tiller Engine, Voyaging Satyr and Portent Tracker. The last three are great with your bouncelands (Azorius Chancery and the like).
If you can get the rest of Tangled Islet's cycle (Sacred Peaks, Molten Tributary, Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista, Prairie Stream), suddenly Farseek, Nature's Lore and Three Visits allow you perfect fixing of your colors.
Also, 33 lands + Bala Ged Recovery Flip might not be enough to hit your land drops. I run 36 lands on my K&T build. Also also, Mossfire Valley, Sungrass Prairie and Skycloud Expanse help a lot on getting the right colors for your commander.
You probably want Druid of Purification in your build: it is a really strong and political removal spell. It also hits hexproofed permanents (great plus in my opinion) and never hurts you.
All in all, I hope you and your opponents have fun with this build - cheers!
qbaq84 on Shalai, Full Auto - Primer
1 month ago
Hi. Nice deck! Im building Shalai and Hallar myself and your list was realy helpfull. I can suggest Skyshroud Elf for mana ramp. Every mana you create can be R or W.
eliakimras on Ghired - Precon Primal Genesis - Heavy Upgrade
1 year ago
If I can suggest something, Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist is great in a deck where you can tap and untap her at will, but not here. If you want some protection from attacks, Ghostly Prison and Reconnaissance serve you better (activating Reconnaisance during your "end of combat" step effectively gives your creatures vigilance).
I see you run Akroma's Will, Boros Charm, Heroic Intervention and Flawless Maneuver. Unless you play in a boardwipe-heavy meta, you can remove the Charm and Intervention for Gamble (if you can trade into it) and Helm of the Host. 9 mana is expensive to tech into, but it is a instant win condition with many of your cards, unlike Soul Foundry.
How reliable is Momentous Fall in your deck? The more I play, the more I value repeated draw on permanents (like Keeper of Fables) over single-use instant or sorceries (and I started as a blue control mage - dark times indeed). But if the Keeper is not working for you, bring back Eladamri's Call to get the creature you need from your deck, even if it is just to ramp into Ghired.
Lastly, unless you play against nonbasic land hate, I believe you should include Gavony Township, and Kessig Wolf Run in your deck. They are mana sinks stapled on lands for when you have unused mana laying around or don't want to commit your cards in hand. If you're worried about not having the proper colored mana with that many lands, Skyshroud Elf fix you for all and costs while ramping you for . Also, you can run Mossfire Valley and Sungrass Prairie to filter colorless into colored mana.
eliakimras on Ghired - Precon Primal Genesis - Heavy Upgrade
1 year ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Talking about damage, how about doubling it? Gratuitous Violence, Fiery Emancipation, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Angrath's Marauders and True Conviction can assist you on that.
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Blasphemous Act/Vanquish the Horde plus Boros Charm/Heroic Intervention is a good combo that saves your creatures while taking your opponents' creatures out for not a lot of mana.
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty, even giving evasion to your creatures.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
Balaam__ on Midnight (in the) Guard’n of Gond and Evil
1 year ago
Sounds reasonable. Fireball is my backup wincon here, so for more general utility it does seem like the way to go. I should be ok for red mana, right? Between sprawls, elves and petals I think I’m fine.
king-saproling on We Like To Party
2 years ago
Hi jlane, welcome to EDH! I take it Marisi is your general? You can designate your general in the Edit page (button on the left) by adding CMDR next to it's name in your list, like so:
1x Marisi, Breaker of the Coil *CMDR*
Marisi is a really interesting general, however I'm not sure the party mechanic suits him that well, or vice versa. Are you heart-set on the deck revolving around party stuff? If yes, Tazri, Beacon of Unity might be a better choice for the general. If you want to build more around Marisi, I'd recommend the following swaps:
Angelheart Protector -> Toski, Bearer of Secrets
Dauntless Survivor -> Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor
Tajuru Snarecaster -> Soltari Visionary
Springmantle Cleric -> Frontier Warmonger
Stonework Packbeast -> Ilysian Caryatid
Thundering Sparkmage -> Odric, Master Tactician
Turntimber Ascetic -> Soltari Foot Soldier
Shepherd of Heroes -> Avacyn's Pilgrim
Scorch Rider -> Subira, Tulzidi Caravanner
Synchronized Spellcraft -> Skyshroud Elf
Might of Murasa -> Paradise Druid
Sizzling Barrage -> Druid of the Anima
Kabira Outrider -> Storm the Citadel
Emeria Captain -> Artifact Mutation
Practiced Tactics -> Hunter's Insight
I can recommend more if you like. Let me know!
DragonLordJippy on A Better Zirda, Will of the Wild? (w/Marath)
3 years ago
You see the current list? It is...