Back:Insectile Aberration Flip
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Delver of Secrets
Creature — Human Wizard
At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top card of your library. You may reveal that card. If an instant or sorcery card is revealed this way, transform Delver of Secrets.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||Mousemke , cesarsl , , the.beanpole , Axtel , Justinaut , tlhunter07 , TheRealPeaches , buildingadeck , , pskinn01 , saj0219 , twospires , Kvothe1115 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Sergal , sonnet666 , jrschnoebelen , Randomdeath , AlertKnave8075 , MoJoMiXuP , marsthesoos , CampbellStev , thetechzombie , TehDelta , rockleemyhero , meowCat1234|
Delver of Secrets Discussion
1 day ago
Hi there! This looks like a really sweet deck, and I hope you enjoy playing Modern! I have a few suggestions for you:
- Delver of Secrets Flip is a great card for a deck like this, as it's often a 3/2 with flying for just one mana. I would highly recommend running the full 4 copies if you can.
- I generally like Young Pyromancer instead of Stormchaser Mage in the 2-slot, as it's a little easier on your mana, and the tokens stay around so you can store them up for a few turns before the lethal swing.
- You might want to run a few counterspells to prevent your opponent from doing whatever is is they're trying to do; Mana Leak, Spell Pierce, and Remand are all great, and Spell Snare is also good (though slightly expensive).
- Instead of Valorous Stance, I would recommend running something like Oust, Condemn, or Path to Exile. White has really good options for unconditional removal in Modern for just one mana, and the indestructible mode of Valorous Stance just doesn't come up all that much imo.
- Finally, Electrolyze is another card worth considering, as it can get rid of pesky Lingering Souls tokens and draws you a card at the same time.
If you're looking for a non-budget deck that's pretty similar to yours, I run a Jeskai Delver deck in Modern that I really enjoy: Delving into America.
In any case, I hope I helped. Have fun with your deck!
3 days ago
I think you might be running a few too many creatures for a standard Grixis control list. I Most run 2 Tasigurs and a playset of Snapcasters. I think I would either cut some of the creatures or just go full on Grixis Delver with Delver of Secrets Flip, because you are kinda of in between that and control. Either which way you go, you should find some room to have some number of Fatal Push and Electrolyze in your list. If you go control you will need 1-2 lands, if you go Delver then you can drop a land or two.
1 week ago
If you want to get on the instant and sorcery theme, my suggestion is to add , since it has great creatures like Delver of Secrets Flip that can make use of your instants and sorceries. If your goal is to make a burn deck and insist on it being mono-, aggressive creatures like Monastery Swiftspear are your best bet.
2 weeks ago
Drop the tapped lands for Scalding Tarns, Steam Vents and maybe some Sulfur Falls. The god and wormcoils are way too slow for what you are wanting to do id suggest some Young Pyromancer or Delver of Secrets Flip for the creature side of the deck.the dissolves in the deck seem alittle slow to me also id go with Spell Snare and Spell Pierce over what you have. Im not sure on what burn spells are needed here but it looks like a start in the right direction.Start with this and go from there.
2 weeks ago
Is there a different approach that would work? Can the deck evolve, like Death's Shadow Aggro did? I sure hope so!
I personally think the best approach now is probably an Aggro-Control style. Legacy Infect, for example, uses a TON more counterspells than the Aggro-Combo style of circa-2016 Modern Infect. So maybe instead of building a deck that's all about Infectors comboing-off on Turn 3, we can build one that's about them chipping in for value over a long game ... kind of like Delver of Secrets Flip does in Grixis Delver.
We'll see ...
2 weeks ago
Guttersnipe, 100% amplifies all of your burn and cantrips.
2 weeks ago
Other cool Modern legal wizards-
Other cool Mono U stuff
2 weeks ago
ToolmasterOfBrainerd When I playtested this, War Tax was very useful. But of course that depends from so many factors. The same is true for Fog Bank but maybe Sun Droplet could help out against creature heavy decks. Do you have experiences with Delver of Secrets Flip? Does this creature support an aggro strategy? I prefer to run black instead of White because of Extirpate and some discard effects but then I have the balancing problem with my mana I think. The good news is, no one in my playgroup play True-Name Nemesis haha. They are mostly playing decks like Ally, Bird or Soldier tribals or ability based decks like undying or with energy counter and I thought that Fog Bank or similar cards could be efficient permanents against such decks.