|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||None|
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Common|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Common|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Counter target noncreature spell.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (39)||ajc3527 , NorthernCrow , xXThormentXx , Fiolek , Falte , dplerner , frederiklw , TheDuggernaught , Randomdeath , darthnuchi , Tommuz , BBBr0ny , ironax , richardmv , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Mousemke , , gildan_bladeborn , Vasbear1 , rainbowofdeath , ibraJG84 , tlhunter07 , tahavin , pskinn01 , sombrevivo , Yawkcorb , , angesoir , TheRealPeaches , Skydra2 , DudeMan1031 , Famicomania , Candyman949 , _raeofsunlight , MattN7498 , Zelpoke , killstars , LTmiller , GeminiSpartanX|
|Want (5)||Ariumlegion , Falte , Slowgod , Big-Foot , AlertKnave8075|
18 hours ago
Looks super fun! Id mention Mutavault in the description, seems like a really consistent way to turn on your D-Path I didnt even pick up on until comments section. Mana Confluence is a good way to ensure you can play out your combo, since once its active you basically win. I might go down 1 Surrak and 1 Iona for some interaction or countermagic main board, even a Negate could be sufficient. Really nice build, +1
1 day ago
Hey, I don't think blue is needed here. Other than Negate in the sideboard it's not doing much. 15x sources of blue in the manabase to play only six main deck blue cards?
I also don't think energy is worth it. The only energy producing card here is Virtuoso which is not enough to matter because himself uses three energy just to make one Thopter. Harnessed becomes much worse when you're not producing energy and can be replaced with more Abrade, Fatal Push or Lightning Strike.
Take more advantage of the strong curve of Heart into Phoenix into Glorybringer? I suggest adding Sweltering Suns since it wrecks nonDino tribal decks, other aggro and Tokens. Pheonix does die to Suns, but the token gives you a way to reanimate it.
2 days ago
No problem lol. In other news, with Whir of Invention and a lot of mana being produced, why not have a bomb like Blightsteel Colossus or an Ulamog of sorts? And I wouldn't call your deck NECESSARILY combo, but it is enough so to warrant a little more counterspell protection like Dispel and Negate. Also, why no All Is Dust? Probably mono blue artifacts' best wipe available to them.
2 days ago
FlabbyAbs what I've been finding is that you want to draw Hadana's Climb Flip badly to push damage. Perhaps three copies would be better but I'm going to continue to test things out with 4. I definitely agree about Blossoming Defense and Negate though. I like the idea of cutting 2 Defense as a concession to the mana. What would you recommend in those slots to help with that?
2 days ago
You're basically playing U/R Delver. Cut your creatures down to:
Then, switch a few of your spells around:
You also won't need so many lands. The ones you have are also kind of a problem because a lot of them always come into play tapped. Modern tends to have fewer turns than other formats, so you having lands that can never enter play untapped will lose you a lot of games. Any lands that do enter the battlefield tapped need to do something really good to warrant this. Therefore, I'd change:
-4x Swiftwater Cliffs
-4x Izzet Boilerworks
-0-1x Halimar Depths
+4x Wandering Fumarole OR Sulfur Falls OR Steam Vents OR Shivan Reef OR Spirebluff Canal
+1x Desolate Lighthouse
+1-2x Island (depending on if you cut Halimar Depths)
You have more blue cards than red in your deck, so you'll want to play more blue lands than red ones if you can't get a hold on any dual lands.
You may find Turn / Burn to be a bit heavy on the mana requirement. Consider replacing these with low-cost counter cards, such as Dispel, Negate, Spell Snare, Spell Pierce, Squelch, Chart a Course, or Remand. If you do cut Turn / Burn for one of these other cards, remember to cut another Mountain or two and replace them with Islands. Otherwise, you'll have too many games where you can't cast anything despite having 90,2183,989 bajillionzillion lands in play.
Lastly, you'll need a sideboard. These are the cards that are useful for your deck, but only against specific kinds of threats. You're allowed to swap cards in and out of your deck between games after the first in a match (tournaments are best 2-out-of-3).
An example sideboard would look like:
2x Mizzium Meddler (for Boggles)
1x Counterflux (stops control and midrange)
1x AEtherize (you'll want these against aggro decks and tokens)
These four just get moved to your sideboard from your main since you only want them in specific situations2x Abrade (vs. Affinity)
3x Ceremonious Rejection (vs. Tron, Affinity, and Eldrazi)
1x Dispel (vs. Burn and control decks)
1x Magma Spray (stops Kitchen Finks and Dredge)
3x Tormod's Crypt/Relic of Progenitus/Grafdigger's Cage (you bring these in against any graveyard bullshit shenanigans)
2x Spell Pierce
(These last three are for beating Control, Combo, and Midrange decks, along with Burn)
From here, you should have a decent deck to take to your local shop to play with, but there's still some things you'll need:
- Serum Visions is beast mode in Delver because it's one of the most consistent ways to flip Delver of Secrets Flip in Modern. They're a 4-of, but fluctuate between $2 and $8, depending on the market. They're pretty cheap right now due to being reprinted in Eternal Masters, but they've definitely been higher. You should be playing these over Peek and if they're within your budget right now, go get them.
- Snapcaster Mage is a card that cranks up the power level of your deck. End of your opponent's turn Lightning Bolt -> Snapcaster Mage -> Lightning Bolt -> untap -> attack has ended a lot of games in Modern.
- Scalding Tarn + Steam Vents will fix almost all of your mana problems. You can play off-color fetchlands as long as they're blue and you have Steam Vents (such as Flooded Strand). Not only can you save on your life total by fetching up basic lands, this also opens up the option for a 3rd. color or maindeck Blood Moons. Fetch lands also act as fuel for Grim Lavamancers and Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip.
- Speaking of which, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip functions as the 5th. through 8th. copies of Snapcaster Mage. He can also be somewhat of a "budget" option, although he works best when you're playing both cards.
- Sword of Fire and Ice and the other swords in the cycle can go a long way. An Insectile Aberration is nothing to fuck around with. An Insectile Aberration with +2/+2 and protection from 2 different colors will end the game.
- You'll also want Remands (likely 2 or more) at some point, but it's not high on the priority of cards to get. They act like Time Walks when your opponent taps out to play something and misses a land drop. This buys you time to lay down the beats with your small critters.
- Ancestral Vision is also a solid pick. You're looking to stall the game out long enough to kill your opponent with 3/2s and 1/1s, why not refill your hand halfway through the game?
Hope this helps! I'm sure I'm missing something that experienced Delver players can recommend.
3 days ago
In Standard white &/or black is going to be in a lot of decks, and fumigate, settle the wreckage, and bontus Last reckoning, and even Yahennis Expertise is going to be seeing play to deal with wide games like Merfolk. Be sure to have at least 4 of low cost hard counters just for that situation. I would tend to say 3 Negate + 1 Spell Pierce main board. Heroic Intervention as a 4 Of isnt a bad idea either.
3 days ago
I was thinking of Hadana's Climb, too with blue splash. After reading your description I concur it's hard on the mana, which is why I've really shied away from it.
In the end I thought reducing Hadana to 2-3x would be optimal. Utilizing the extra 1-2x slots to smooth out mana. Probably adjusting spells like Blossoming Defense copies.
3 days ago
Better changes and curve. Im guessing approach is your main win con if not damage/life loss. For approach specifically you'll want more counters I.E. Negate Censor Disallow etc. and you can remove creatures for those spots. As nice as Sacred Cat is I think it is not needed in a deck like this.