|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||richardmv , Benniator , bakeraj4 , XxCataclysmiCxX , , xpsychovampx , NorthernCrow , SoggyGecko , TThors , ironax , Hellsing , innokenty|
|Want (8)||gamerhat , VaultTechy , ShadyPear , MasterRoach117 , jamiefosternz , luckyfirefox16 , isleep2late , Blue_Otaku_No.1|
2 days ago
Replace the Sunken Ruins with Polluted Delta, the card is just about 100x better. Allows for much more consistency. Replace the 4 Darkslick Shores with 2 because it's a bad draw past turn 1 and the fetchlands will allow you more than a high chance to get something better. Replace those two with basics or land cards that count as swamps or islands so they can be targeted with Polluted Delta. Countersquall is glorious with UB control so i'd definitely run that over a card like Boomerang any day. Collective Brutality, Inquisition of Kozilek, Duress, and Thoughtseize are also amazing in UB control so don't forget to run those, they do wonders for weakening opponents. I don't recommend planeswalkers but you have two of the best in the game at your disposal also with these colors. Jace, the Mind Sculptor and Liliana of the Veil are both devastating to the opponent. A better creature than Kefnet the Mindful is Thing in the Ice Flip, and you could get one for the same price as an Arby's Beef N Cheddar so you know it's helpful to have. Cards to get rid of are Boomerang, Shadow of Doubt, and you can calm down on removal if you run any of the discard cards i showed earlier. Some of the cards are more expensive but i think this list gives you a bunch of cards that will go leaps and bounds to make this more competitive.
3 days ago
I have some zombies with Unearth from another deck but I don't want to look for creatures for this one, since they mostly costs to cast or Unearth (Unearth doesn't trigger Burning Vengeance by the way).
For non-creature spells, I've tried Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded, 2x Dismember, 1x Traumatize, 2x Boomerangs, 4x Jace's Erasure (terrible idea), 2x Seething Songs... That's all, as far as I can remember!
3 weeks ago
Well. In the case of budget battle cruisers I feel like Show and Tell effects would be lots of fun. Also, running hand attack and bounce spells would be fun, in order to maximize the upside for "symmetrical" effects on your side.
Blink of an Eye, Boomerang, Capsize, Clutch of Currents, Compelling Deterrence, Consign to Dream, Cryptic Command, Cyclonic Rift, Equilibrium, Expel from Orazca, Man-o'-War and then I got tired of looking at all possible bounce spells but there are some good ones.
3 weeks ago
Commonly control loses card advantage in 1 to 1 trades, because there are two opponents who didn't lose cards, but you did, if for each trade you make, you draw a card, the trade is a 1 for nothing. It is straight gravy. Honestly it is a 2 for nothing, since you got a drake. 2 for nothing is absurdly powerful.
The issue is blue doesn't have the best tutors, and that will mean you won't get this level of gravy often, but we can try to optimize the list to survive until you can, or until we find another card drawing engine.
There may be a problem here that you have noticed, you still spend the mana of each card you cast. We have to make sure your answers are very cheap for you to win. I want 0 mana spells, 1 mana spells, and 2 mana spells as your answers. If they are any higher, they have to either:
A: be castable for a alternate cost to make it cheaper (Force of Will, delve spells, etc.)
If all of that is done, we need to talk card draw, outside of engines, engines are great, but we can't just run engines, they are slow, clunky, and few-and far between. You run plenty of the next point, cantrips. Let us take the best option, Brainstorm. It is absurdly powerful, one mana to dig 3 cards, at instant speed, using up mana that otherwise would have been wasted, if you held up mana on the opponents turn. It helps find the answer or counterspell you need, all in response to the Food Chain you can't let resolve.
You run a number of cantrips, even some bad ones I would switch, like Telling Time, it may look like an Anticipate, but being forced to top a card sucks. I would run Anticipate over it any day, but you already run that, so toss in a Preordain, I promise, it is worth it tenfold. Quicken would be another drop, toss in Kindred Discovery over it or something.
Cantrips are nice, but good card draw, like Fact or Fiction, you know, a way to get more cards in your hand than you had, they do cost mana. 4 mana is topping it off, and it has to be instant speed for me to consider it at 4 mana, but FoF fits the bill. Windfall should be run, as the control player, before an engine hits, you need to spend more cards than your opponents do to keep threats of the field. Windfall gets you the new hand, and tosses out whatever cards your opponent tutored out.
The trick with sweepers it to hit as much as possible, and be 4-2 mana, or do other great things. Cyclonic Rift is an example of a great removal spell, that occasionally can double as a sweeper, but shouldn't be held back for that effect. Whelming Wave is pretty good at sweeping opponents, I would drop Inundate for it.
Most of your creatures I could drop for more tutors and answers and card draw Solemn Simulacrum isn't worth it, as it doesn't have flash, it wastes a turn and doesn't win you the game, you could lose it if an opponent combos out because you couldn't answer it. Toss in a Mana Leak or something in it's place.
Others I would suggest dropping for basically the same reason are as follows: Archaeomancer, Burnished Hart, Chasm Skulker, Docent of Perfection Flip, Duplicant, Fatespinner, Kira, Great Glass-Spinner, Phyrexian Metamorph, Portal Mage, Sower of Temptation, Thing in the Ice Flip, Trinket Mage, Vedalken Shackles, Mindslaver and Runechanter's Pike.
All of these drops will allow for more space for answers, card draw, and a little bit more ramp, such as Fellwar Stone, Sky Diamond, Coldsteel Heart, etc. More answers like Pongify, Mindbreak Trap, Snap, and other answers can allow for exponentially more ways to stop your opponents.
Not all answers are great though, Boomerang is a card I would drop for a better hate-piece like Pithing Needle, Grafdigger's Cage, or any other decent hate-piece, like Silent Arbiter for a meta in which beat-down is regular, or you see a lot of Tymna the Weaver lists. Damping Sphere against storm, or whatever else you need.
In conclusion, I'll probably write up a rough list for this style of game, and good luck!
3 weeks ago
First of all, this deck looks awesome. Reanimating not only creatures, but also spells seems really fun ^^ Get an Academy Ruins and Volrath's Stronghold in there for even more graveyard shenanigans :) You also might also consider lands with sacrifice outlets, like High Market or Phyrexian Tower, since they save your creatures from being exiled and returning to the graveyard. But those lands tend to be a bit more expensive.
A little bit of critique though, Isochron Scepter is probably not worth running, unless you actively tutor for spells to imprint. You currently only have 4!!! It can't imprint Exhume, since that's a sorcery. And I don't think you want to imprint Cyclonic Rift since overloading it will probably win you the game. A simple Boomerang every turn not. That leaves you with only 3 targets...
1 month ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 month ago
Typically Blue White decks run Journey to Nowhere, Boomerang while it seems good is actually less good in practice, double blue is difficult to have consistently and many decks in the format are aggro centrist where bunching lands is meh ... Temporal Isolation can be quite good as a quasi removal spell
Since I don't see the decklist I would recommend Capsize as a one of as in longer games it makes a strong presence
Vapor Snag is more useful in tempo decks and doesn't provide much utility
1 month ago
Hello, let me tell you about my pauper list so far. It is a blue/white level up list using the 3 mana dude that puts 2 level counters on each creature with level up that you control. For non-creatures all I have right now are 4x Vapor Snags. I'm currently wondering what else I can use that might fit this list. 4x Boomerang to keep them off land while I level? 4x Journey to Nowhere? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!