|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Verdant Sun's Avatar
Creature — Dinosaur
Whenever Verdant Sun's Avatar or another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||ecurps , Brandbrower21 , PhotogenicParasympathetic , TheRealPeaches , saj0219 , dizzierabit , Spinalripper , duff87 , Epidilius , The_Grape , NCN946 , ztanos , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , firemind12 , philktoken8998 , golgarigirl , Pumpkinking913|
|Want (6)||DonRosenberger , vakuso , Nerukad , 2gherkins , XBlaze , skaspels|
Verdant Sun's Avatar Discussion
21 hours ago
I'm not really comfortable with Naya, but I'll give it a shot (I play blue in pretty much all my decks).
You could also do Karametra, God of Harvests if you feel like you need some more ramp.
Sandwurm Convergence could be nice if you find that flying creatures are a problem (the wurm token is a nice perk as well).
You could take advantage of your big creatures with Warstorm Surge and use it as removal, or just a straight up smack to the face.
3 weeks ago
Well, first I would consider not having one of a bunch of different cards unless you're making a commander deck, if you cut down on the number of cards but add more of the ones you need, you can get a more reliable game. Since this is supposed to be a token deck you should definitely remove Lone Rider Flip it's doing nothing for you here.
As far as the cards go, if your looking for budget token duplication you cant go wrong with Growing Ranks. But if your willing to spend a little more a much better option would be Parallel Lives or Primal Vigor.
you should also consider focusing you're token generating more. right now the deck is kind of all over the place creating small numbers of random tokens. it would be more effective if you added cards like Verdant Embrace, Darien, King of Kjeldor or Dreampod Druid. (I personally like pairing Alpha Authority + Dreampod Druid to give him some extra protection.
However, if you want to keep the big creatures and have a deck more focused on power and toughness instead of massing tokens, you should consider Giant Adephage, Mycoloth, Verdant Force and my personal favorite, Worldspine Wurm as some more budget options.
Some other cards you might want to consider are Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage so that you can populate on command, and Voice of Resurgence if your willing to spend the money. that card is very good at deterring your opponent's from messing with your side of the board on your turn.
Hope this helps a little :)
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)
2 months ago
Lingering Souls is great, and I specially love the flashback... but it just doesn't fit the deck. I'll think about it since it is really good against early aggro, though initial cost is 3.
but it's just too many cards, and Flickerwisp on its own is more flexible & cheap. Have you thought of any other?
2 months ago
Of course, man! And don't get me wrong, I love EDH. There's just a time and a place. I know it doesn't synergies with the deck as much, but Lingering Souls is budget, within the colors you run, and a Modern staple. It helps against early agro, recovers from sweepers, and can provide chip damage in the air.
Also, what are your feelings on infinite combos? Just asking because I have thought of some things that may be sweet, but I need to look into some interactions a bit more.
Sidenote: Verdant Sun's Avatar Doesn't do as much as it seems it would. Life gain as a whole doesn't do as much as most people think and the cmc is very high to be effective. Going for cards that drain you're opponent are better, especially in decks that want to flicker.
2 months ago
In terms of mana base, is there a reason you're playing so many Plains? Since your deck isn't biased towards white, you could balance out the basic lands unless you plan to run Emeria Shepherd. You're also missing Temple of Triumph. Clifftop Retreat, Isolated Chapel, and Woodland Cemetery would also be helpful to complete the cycle. Take out Boros Garrison and Rakdos Guildgate. You could cut Ash Barrens since you don't need colorless mana. Rampant Growth would be a better replacement.
Archangel of Thune grows all your creatures by a lot with Ikra's ability. You could try Goldnight Castigator for a flying high toughness creature. The new Evra, Halcyon Witness is pretty powerful if you're gaining lots of life. Malignus can be pretty big too.
I'm not sure Zacama synergizes that much with your gameplan considering the mana cost. If you want big dinosaurs, Zetalpa, Primal Dawn would probably be good for this deck. Maybe Verdant Sun's Avatar.
Well of Lost Dreams seems mana-heavy for card draw. Rishkar's Expertise might not be very reliable with your creatures. You could try Tymna the Weaver, Promise of Power, Soul of the Harvest, Kothophed, Soul Hoarder, Baleful Force. Necropotence of course would be amazing since you're gaining so much life.
You might as well add in Exquisite Blood for more lifegain and the potential combo with Sanguine Bond. You could cut Solemnity, Erebos, Vizier of the Menagerie, Deathrite Shaman, and Blind Obedience.