|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn (GRV)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elephant
When Terastodon enters the battlefield, you may destroy up to three target noncreature permanents. For each permanent put into a graveyard this way, its controller puts a 3/3 green Elephant creature token onto the battlefield.
|Have (4)||Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , PTsmitty , Deoxon|
|Want (8)||Tomagotchi , MythD.69 , phelda4eva , incomplet , mortality18 , CorrosiveKnifer , Tectonix26 , SovietEagle|
2 days ago
So another player running Surrak Dragonclaw
Creatures that need to be removed because they are hard to kill AND are combo-enablers:
Creatures that are combo-enablers:
Creatures that are too high value to leave:
Creatures that are too hard to kill after:
5 days ago
- Body Double
- Elvish Rejuvenator
- Ephara, God of the Polis
- Fierce Empath
- Meteor Golem
- Militia Bugler
- Sunblast Angel
- Thousand-Year Elixir
6 days ago
A fun timmy deck. Here's a few suggestions to make it a bit more powerful and reliable:
Zendikar Resurgent - helps with mana and card draw
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard - allows you to tutor for certain cards and cheat them into play
Archetype of Endurance - mass hexproof helps against control decks
Also, since you did mention God-Eternal Rhonas , there are a few cards from War of the Spark that might be good to consider as well:
Nissa, Who Shakes the World - mana doubler
Challenger Troll - could be useful if you find yourself going up against a lot of token swarm decks
Nissa's Triumph - potential ramp card, could grab important lands with Nissa
Vivien's Arkbow - could help you dig for more creatures, potential mana sink and use for dead cards
Hope this helps!
2 weeks ago
One thing to note: see how as we add more cards a mana curve naturally starts to form? That happens just about every deck. I try to maintain the curve that forms unless I have a reason to adjust it. So we'll be cutting cards that disrupt the curve. For example, at this moment we would want to cut cards that cost 6 cmc. But we're not done.
Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip Tunneling Geopede Yavimaya Elder Oran-Rief Hydra Akoum Hellkite Dragonmaster Outcast Greenwarden of Murasa Acidic Slime Terastodon Wood Elves Liege of the Tangle Grazing Gladehart Sporemound Budoka Gardener Zendikar Incarnate Vinelasher Kudzu Sylvan Safekeeper Embodiment of Fury Reclamation Sage Stone-Seeder Hierophant Embodiment of Insight
3 weeks ago
Ok well first things first you need to look at what your commander wants from you. Roon has the ability to manipulate creatures on the battlefield: whether they're your own or an opponent. He can blink opponents creatures from combat if there is one that's causing you grief, blink a big defender in the way of one of your attacks, and (most importantly) he can blink your own creatures and cause their ETB effects to trigger. So we'll need creatures that can:
1) Ramp 2) Control the Battlefield 3) Generate some Card Advantage/Utility/Tutor 4) Enable Aggro
Now of course given Roon's colors there is lots of room to pop in some great non-creature spells as well. We're looking for anything that can grab us whatever we need from our creature toolbox, manipulate the field to our advantage, and of course some effective removal as well.
So for ramp I'm thinking:
For Battlefield control:
- Acidic Slime - Angel of Serenity - Bane of Progress - Duplicant - Knight of Autumn - Reclamation Sage - Terastodon - Venser, Shaper Savant - Austere Command - Supreme Verdict - Cyclonic Rift - Eerie Interlude - Aura Shards
- Ephara, God of the Polis - Eternal Witness - Karmic Guide - Mulldrifter - Prime Speaker Zegana - Recruiter of the Guard - Reveillark - Seedborn Muse - Sun Titan - Woodland Bellower - Eldritch Evolution - Green Sun's Zenith - Tooth and Nail - Wargate - Chord of Calling - Eladamri's Call - Birthing Pod - Garruk, Caller of Beasts - Venser, the Sojourner
And those are just to name a few cards. Of course you have access to a lot of ETB copy stuff like Clever Impersonator that turn into whatever you want it to turn into when you blink it in; they can really turn the tide in your favor. I did up a proto-type deck here: Roon Proto-Type. Give it a test run and let me know what you think about it.
3 weeks ago
I was thinking of making the following changes Add Sidisi, Undead Vizier
These last two would make the combo more consistent and increase the damage it could deal. Redundancy is always good.
1 month ago
Guildmages' Forum , Llanowar Reborn , Novijen, Heart of Progress , Opal Palace , Oran-Rief, the Vastwood , Biogenic Upgrade , Solidarity of Heroes , End-Raze Forerunners , Terastodon , Hatchery Spider , Ghalta, Primal Hunger , Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma , Nissa, Voice of Zendikar , Domri, Chaos Bringer , Meteor Golem , Verdurous Gearhulk , Mouth / Feed , Grow from the Ashes , Scrounging Bandar , Prowling Serpopard , Brawn , Anger
1 month ago
Here are some suggested cuts
- Cut Molder Slug for Bane of Progress
- Cut Dawntreader Elk for Cultivate . Same cost, better effect.
- Cut Zhur-Taa Druid for Selvala, Heart of the Wilds . Selvala is ramp and a draw engine in this deck.
- Cut Steel Leaf Champion for Polukranos, World Eater or anything that really rewards your doubling your mana.
- Cut Temur Sabertooth for Greater Good . Sac your creatures in response to removal, then dig deep into your deck and find more threats to end the game.
- Cut Reclamation Sage for Ulvenwald Tracker
Terastodon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
RG (Gruul): 0.96%