|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Common|
|Welcome Deck 2016 (W16)||Common|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
2 months ago
Wow, a wall of text with potentially useful advice.
"is not really needed since most cards are instants and can be cast immediately after attacking with Narset."
A simple Manalith would aid in getting out Narset. As it stands, you will only be able to get Narset on turn 6, assuming you don't miss a land drop.
- You have no haste granting cards, so your strategy will only take off on turn 7 if you are lucky and nobody plays an Edict effect..
- Most people can gain a significant advantage by turn 7 if all goes well. No amount of counters can stop 3 opponent's from building their boards. You'll be a sitting duck most of the time.
There is a reason almost all commander decks run a Sol Ring . The faster you can play your strategy, the more likely you are to win.
"unless they are instant cards i don't really need them."
- Chemister's Insight is strictly better than Inspiration . There is no reason you cannot use both, but Chemister's Insight has far more utility.
- Counterspell , Archmage's Charm , Sinister Sabotage , Thought Collapse , and Dissolve are all strictly better than Cancel , and those are the cheap $$$ counters.
- Lightning Bolt and Skewer the Critics are strictly better than Lightning Strike and Wizard's Lightning especially considering you don't have any wizards.
- Your deck runs Lifelink . The card itself is cheap, but by the time your Commander is out, cost shouldn't be a consideration. Cards like Daybreak Coronet and Steel of the Godhead provide you with far more utility.
Questionably, you are running Artificer's Epiphany with only one artifact in the deck.
- You are running 11 counters as control. Those 11 counters won't do you any good with Narset unless you plan to counter your own spells. Running cards like Disperse keeps stuff off the field and will be still be useful if you happen to exile it later on.
Your burn spells won't do much against larger creatures either.
"this is not a budget deck. budget, mana or money, is not a priority. if it somehow is then it is merely a coincidence."
- I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I feel the need to advise you that:
- Your mana base does, in fact, matter.
- You have far better options for cards.
- The only reason to play this deck as it is, is if you were on a budget. If you are not, then you can certainly replace the cards with better versions.
5 months ago
I created a budget version of this deck. It's designed to be for slightly less spikey groups (cutting some cards like Dispel in favour of cards like Disperse which are more versatile and often stronger in more casual settings). My version cost roughly the price of a single copy of Mana Drain and also contains a lot of pet cards that I can't help including (notably the wheel cards that cost a lot of mana, as well as Melek, Izzet Paragon ). Just wondering what people think, especially as I believe reversemermaid mentioned wanting to brew a budget version at some point. My deck also lacks tutor cards to make it more "fair" in a casual setting. The image provided shows the changes I have made to reversemermaid's list.
The deck: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2039422#paper
6 months ago
Hi Jayd0nlink thx for the suggestions. I think I am going to try to get lands under 1 dollar. I think I am going to add Seat of the Synod . Cascading Cataracts is a nice choice I am going to add. Since this deck is trying to get other peoples cards, I need the opponent to have cards I want. I want to take out Oloro, Ageless Ascetic , also Colossus of Akros . I know Blightsteel Colossus is an amazing add, but its not really a necessary card. Wurmcoil Engine is also usually a automatic add in most EDH decks but, ehhh, I think its going in my Daretti deck. Coastal Breach technically is not necessary. I would rather use target removal, or bounce.
Cards going in------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cards going out----------------------------------------------------------------------- - Blightsteel Colossus - Oloro, Ageless Ascetic - Colossus of Akros - Wurmcoil Engine - Coastal Breach - Inkwell Leviathan - Scoured Barrens - Persuasion
THX for all the suggestions. IF you could tell me how its looking, that would be great. Again, just in case, this deck utilizes other peoples cards, and hands,bouncing stuff they already casted. Letting them draw cards for our use. Helm of the Host can do wonky stuff with our commander, letting us control other peoples hands, more than one.
7 months ago
7 months ago
7 months ago
So here is my update Gidgetimer. I am adding Drogskol Reaver , and dropping Severed Strands . The cards like Revival / Revenge is mostly for ending the game, and Blood Tribute . Generally my group isnt like, u could say luke super competetive. I like to say we are newbies. I am prob keeping Counterlash . I might change it out later. I thought it might be interesting. Seal Away I also going out. So here is the final.
I don't know about Swords to Plowshares . I am going to make big changes over time. Thx for commenting.
7 months ago
Just noticed you already added Dawn of Hope still 11 cuts because I also forgot to add it to the number.
- Book of Rass - direct swap out for Greed since the latter is a better card.
- Gideon's Reproach - direct swap out for Swords to Plowshares since the latter is a better card.
- Counterlash - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, a lot of mana for a counter and a chance at a free card.
- Disperse - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not even really permanent removal.
- Wing Shards - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, not all important creatures have to attack.
- Seal Away - One of the four 1-for-1 spells you have that I like the least and I am suggesting 4 cuts to bring you down to 7 because that is what I run in mine and find it to be a good number. Specifically, tapped clause is not great.
- Nevinyrral's Disk - without Darksteel Forge and Mycosynth Lattice it just slows the game down. This may offer you a better chance to win, or you may like long games for the sake of long games. I dislike long games enough that I would cut it.
- Severed Strands - you have 13 creatures and can't afford to sacrifice them, especially at sorcery speed, if we are winning via combat.
- Blood Tribute - halving a single player's life total is either going to make you an enemy or not do much depending on how late it is in the game. Making enemies isn't something you want to do in pillow fort decks since most people could pay the taxes, just why bother when they can attack someone else and not pay unless they have a reason to focus you down.
- Revival / Revenge - Not a fan of low CMC only reanimate, see above for the rationale on the other half.
- Revitalize - I don't like cards that just gain life, cantriping is not enough to get me to like it.
7 months ago
You should play Augur of Bolas or Riverwise Augur to make sure you can get it down. It also means that when an opponent Wrath of God s you aren't stuck with dinky 1/1s and you'll have some feasible blockers. I'd also play Vapor Snag or Unexplained Disappearance over Disperse .
Disperse occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%