Creature — Angel
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may return target nonland permanent card from your graveyard to your hand. If that land is a Plains, you may return that nonland permanent card to the battlefield instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||Brandbrower21 , Nemesis , ecurps , gosora , Regulus1010 , EliGjerdingen , sonnet666 , failurechild88 , rockleemyhero , mazrimtaim , KB2187 , RedMulligan , Sparky41 , jhTheMan99 , Spinalripper|
Emeria Shepherd Discussion
1 day ago
I actually had Undergrowth Champion in the deck a year ago, it just never really fir into the deck all that well. I like it a lot though.
I'm keeping the pipers in the deck to clear up some mana for Mentor of the Meek, so no doubt I will be cheating in the Emeria Shepherd, otherwise I wouldn't have considered them. I was thinking that dropping a Windswept Heath with one in play allows me to at the very least return one card to my hand, and then search my library for some sort of plains and return another card to the field.
Eternal Witness is great, and I have four of them in my reanimator deck already, but don't you think that she would clog up the deck a bit? She's great, but she only has one use in this deck.
1 day ago
I'll playtest it tomorrow to see how it handles itself and give you a more critic opinion. But off the top of my head, I think Emeria Shepherd isnt impressive. For such a high cost, unless you cheat it with the piper, a flying 4/4 for 7 mana doesnt have much impact on the BF so late in the game. Its landfall ability is conditional (the ideal is that you play plains to get a significant effect) and doesnt close the game. You might be dead by then. It depends on how fast you can ramp to it.
It just occured to me that if you want to cut a few bucks from the deck, you could try replacing the Crucibles and the shepherd with a couple of Sun Titan. Granted, they dont return your avenger nor your piper or angel, but it retrieves lands - triggering more landfalls, even above the 1 land per turn limit -, is 1 mana cheaper, has a nice body, and triggers on ETB.
moreover, in conjunction with Eternal Witness you could get a very nice recursion engine.
And you could add an Undergrowth Champion (i dont know why didn't i mention it earlier. Maybe the avenger's art confused me, since they are so similar) to the mix to have a valid recursion target for the titan and a solid beater.
Just thinking out loud. It is not my intention to constantly change the direction of your deck. My suggestions are just a brain-storming. I still have to playtest your new version of the deck.
1 day ago
That should increase the odds of having the mana we need, and also allow for more direct return with Emeria Shepherd.
1 day ago
Chino90 I threw in two of the Intangible Virtue instead of the two Congregation at Dawn and then removed two Forest and a Nissa's Pilgrimage then added one Plains and two Emeria Shepherd. They allow me to get back stuff like Crucible of Worlds and Avenger of Zendikar as both are likely to be targeted. It also adds to the value of Elvish Piper.
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar seems great in theory, but she seems a bit too slow somehow.
3 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
3 days ago
I would say you need more ways to generate card advantage and more ways to get more mana.
For card advantage we have multiple ways to break that up, so starting with cards that remove multiple things.Angel of the Dire Hour, Fumigate, Comeuppance, Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Mass Calcify and Phyrexian Rebirth (if you run more mana rocks), Grasp of Fate, Return to Dust, and other board wipes of varying quality.
Now cards that give you other cards for free.Stoneforge Mystic, Stonehewer Giant, a lot of the ramp cards listed above, Nahiri, the Lithomancer, Stone Haven Outfitter, Relic Seeker, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Steelshaper Apprentice, Oreskos Explorer and Emeria Shepherd.
Here are some cards that have particular synergy with your deck, I've already listed some like Nahiri above.Masterwork of Ingenuity, Konda's Banner, Hero's Blade, Mask of Avacyn, Bonesplitter, Intangible Virtue.
Cards in particular I would cut from the deck would be:Blinding Powder, Ethereal Haze, Altar of the Brood, Darksteel Forge (when will you ever get to 9 mana?), Torpor Orb, Blight Sickle, Authority of the Consuls, Orbs of Warding, Quietus Spike (it's costly, makes you a target, and doesn't help with the Voltron plan), Ulamog (not enough mill decks in the world).
That's my $0.02.
6 days ago
Consider removing Warstorm Surge, Wing Shards, Traveler's Amulet, Wanderer's Twig, Flameshadow Conjuring, Emeria Shepherd, Taurean Mauler, Sunscorch Regent, Serene Steward, and Faith's Reward. There are better options for the same price, or don't really have a lot to do with the deck. Instead, maybe put in more ramp and card draw.
1 week ago
Another way to meld quickly is by self-milling and tutoring Bruna, the Fading Light from your graveyard. Gisela, the Broken Blade returns from her cast trigger, as she will likely already be in the graveyard. In the mean-time:
It's up to you, but definitely in maybe . Grapple with the Past and Pulse of Murasa for the tutor, and maybe even Splendid Reclamation/Nissa's Renewal for much needed ramp. Emeria Shepherd is similarly great.
If you haven't tested this angle I recommend it. Your current iteration of this deck is a more general Selesnya-midrange only with Brisela, Voice of Nightmares on the roof, but no ramp.
And I understand the synergy between Always Watching and Stitcher's Graft, but it's vulnerable to any Naturalize effect. At the least basically 2-for-1'ing you consistently. Probably why it isn't seen in a lot of Standard decks these days.
Just food for thought - I'm brewing in these colours and experimented a lot with similar cards :)